• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Tyser who do you play in brawl? Do you still play D3?

And I agree with you Trent. His head is getting quite large.

Also, I just noticed Trent and I have the same join date. Weird.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
This thread is supposed to be about melee, remember? But,

Trent you haven't beaten me in a long time, yet you say you were going to beat me and are saying I have a big ego for saying I would beat you. You are familiar with the kettle calling the pot black aren't you?

Tyser, whenever I do beat you is when you start going off on me about how I'm bad at the game. Which I like, because you give me your honest opinion of what I need to do to get better, but we were really close in our matches Saturday, though you are still better than I am.

resTy

Smash Champion
Out of the blue random post because I'm thoroughly annoyed. Should probably just skip this post if you don't care about Brawl:

Rob, you do realize that the only time I ever lose to you with Dedede is when I allow you to live on purpose, right? That's why I smile in the middle of matches a lot of the time. Other players could probably tell you that also (maybe). This goes right back to the "Friendlies" topic that I won't rewrite. But anyways, I will elaborate on the letting you win thing...

I actually hope that you beat me in those matches because I'm letting you win but when I have to resort to letting you live a third time I have no choice but to end a match because it gets boring. There's a lot of times where I'll stop playing Brawl for a while and just let you guys play. It's because if I get in, I'll start ****** for an extended period of time and it's surprisingly not satisfying.

You do get the better of me sometimes which is good but I've never felt the need to try super duper hard with Dedede. Versus my Meta Knight though, I admit you have a lot of moments of sheer **** where I'm just dumbfounded and get annihilated. Actually, you do well versus everyone I use who isn't Dedede, which makes sense since I don't know how to use any other characters.

And this leads to why I tell you what you're doing wrong after I lose. If you beat me, usually I'll tell you because what you did wouldn't work if someone wasn't gonna hand the stock to you on a silver platter. Then when you legitimately **** my last stock, I either won't say anything at all or I'll compliment you on a smart decision.

Basically, boasting about how well you do versus me in games that don't matter usually, don't matter. I don't go around saying how godlike I am in Melee if I beat JBM or Smeesh or David or Echo in friendlies because 1) it doesn't prove anything if I beat them and 2) I'm well aware that they are better players than I am so talking about it is idiotic. I mean, I will say I'm better than X player if I am, but if I'm inferior, it's ******** to even open my mouth or post about it.

Here's the "TOO LONG; DIDN'T READ:" Friendlies prove nothing. Beat me in tourney then talk.

I'm becoming more of a Brawl player each day. Someone needs to stop this madness before I do what all Brawlers do and ruin the Smash scene even harder! Sorry in advance.

Shawn C.E.

Smash Cadet
Out of the blue random post because I'm thoroughly annoyed. Should probably just skip this post if you don't care about Brawl:

Rob, you do realize that the only time I ever lose to you with Dedede is when I allow you to live on purpose, right? That's why I smile in the middle of matches a lot of the time. Other players could probably tell you that also (maybe). This goes right back to the "Friendlies" topic that I won't rewrite. But anyways, I will elaborate on the letting you win thing...

I actually hope that you beat me in those matches because I'm letting you win but when I have to resort to letting you live a third time I have no choice but to end a match because it gets boring. There's a lot of times where I'll stop playing Brawl for a while and just let you guys play. It's because if I get in, I'll start ****** for an extended period of time and it's surprisingly not satisfying.

You do get the better of me sometimes which is good but I've never felt the need to try super duper hard with Dedede. Versus my Meta Knight though, I admit you have a lot of moments of sheer **** where I'm just dumbfounded and get annihilated. Actually, you do well versus everyone I use who isn't Dedede, which makes sense since I don't know how to use any other characters.

And this leads to why I tell you what you're doing wrong after I lose. If you beat me, usually I'll tell you because what you did wouldn't work if someone wasn't gonna hand the stock to you on a silver platter. Then when you legitimately **** my last stock, I either won't say anything at all or I'll compliment you on a smart decision.

Basically, boasting about how well you do versus me in games that don't matter usually, don't matter. I don't go around saying how godlike I am in Melee if I beat JBM or Smeesh or David or Echo in friendlies because 1) it doesn't prove anything if I beat them and 2) I'm well aware that they are better players than I am so talking about it is idiotic. I mean, I will say I'm better than X player if I am, but if I'm inferior, it's ******** to even open my mouth or post about it.

Here's the "TOO LONG; DIDN'T READ:" Friendlies prove nothing. Beat me in tourney then talk.

I'm becoming more of a Brawl player each day. Someone needs to stop this madness before I do what all Brawlers do and ruin the Smash scene even harder! Sorry in advance.
Come to the Darkside Tyser, We have melee and cookies. :)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Tyser you should get pissed off when I don't win even and tell me what I'm doing wrong every match because I suck at the game and shouldn't beat you, especially with a super scrubby MK against your main. In melee JBM will give me advice in similar situations when I manage to barely win a round against him or if I get too repetitive. People will win matches if they are at or around even talent if you play long enough, and you are at or around the level of JBM/CUE/ECHO/Smeesh, especially since no one plays melee singles anymore and JBM/Echo have even said they are out of gaming shape and need to get games in before E52.

You can play both games, btw.

resTy

Smash Champion
[Gay Smashboards Logged Me Out - Reduced Version of Original]

It's hard for me to be genuinely upset with Brawl friendlies with Nebraska Smash though. I can't learn anything here. Most I can do is watch videos and read things and then prepare for OoS. You should play your MK vs. my D3 at Joker's if we meet in bracket though. Tell me how it works out if you think those friendlies will reflect a real match :')

And the reason I don't constantly give out advice is because that's not what being a competitor is about to me. I don't like people giving me the answer because that's too easy. People who want to be good/great should figure themselves out and put in sufficient time to reach their goals. I'm not saying asking for help is not a good thing, it definitely is, but that's not the major factor that will make you better or nothing. Plus, to me, it feels disrespectful when someone just randomly tells you what you're doing wrong. You normally don't ask for advice which is why I don't give it.

tl;dr: Tyser doesn't give advice. He's a jerk.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Yeah, i know it seems disrespectful when i tell someone why they are losing.

The big picture i look at is i can't get better unless you get better, or figure me out. If i have to tell someone how to play to adapt to me so i can practice adapting then thats why i'll tell them. Sometimes i think i shouldn't though because i feel like im ready to adapt to them after i've told them.

I think for anyone now esp in melee its all about adapting to play style, and not having rusty tech skill.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
ggs in zelda II, castlevania, and ice hockey.

:phone:
Our match in ice hockey was so close I shot as time expired and it passed his goalie, but didn't count :/ 7-8 Maple Leafs. I'm being Sweden next time, you didn't give me the chance to choose my team.

I think having a Ice Hockey PR is the next logical step, Zelda could get pretty messy considering how much division there is in the community about 2D vs 3D.

Yeah, i know it seems disrespectful when i tell someone why they are losing.

I think for anyone now esp in melee its all about adapting to play style, and not having rusty tech skill.
Disrespectful < Honesty < Insight.

And agreed on adapting. I need to develop tech skill.

tl;dr: Tyser doesn't give advice. He's a jerk.
why do people put :toonlink::drmario: after long paragarphs and before explaining the paragraph in a few words?

btw I have no idea how to play MK and the only person I can get practice against D3 is you, maybe JBM/Majik on some surrogate levels, but honestly I can't get sufficient MK practice against most people round cheer anyway.

Actually maybe Dan in dittos.

Nah Brawl is the Sand people. lol
I'm quarter Sand people, quarter darkside with cookies and half blue bomber.

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
And the reason I don't constantly give out advice is because that's not what being a competitor is about to me. I don't like people giving me the answer because that's too easy. People who want to be good/great should figure themselves out and put in sufficient time to reach their goals. I'm not saying asking for help is not a good thing, it definitely is, but that's not the major factor that will make you better or nothing. Plus, to me, it feels disrespectful when someone just randomly tells you what you're doing wrong. You normally don't ask for advice which is why I don't give it.
[/B]
how surprisingly white and non-asian of you

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Mk is the worst game because of the final boss.

Impractical how you have to play against him. Im so frustrated that i can't beat him on normal mode.

If you beat shao kahn on normal let me know how you do it.

Uli

Smash Champion
Mk is the worst game because of the final boss.

Impractical how you have to play against him. Im so frustrated that i can't beat him on normal mode.

If you beat shao kahn on normal let me know how you do it.
i heard if you keep playing the AI becomes really dumb and it becomes easier.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
JBM, have you played a fighting game before? Like every fighting game ever has had a final boss who cheats or is impossible or doesn't follow the flow of how the rest of the game flows. M. Bison, Kintaro, Eyedol, all the blob things from MVC, the keeper of time from Eternal Champions, even Shredders first form from Turtles in Time.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
The dude throwing hammers across the screen is what bothers me. His super armor begins before his moves come out.

Also the patience involved in beating him is dumb.

I switched to beginner and owned him.

Top Bottom