• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Satisfyler

Smash Cadet
I'm cool with either day, preferably Friday though.

Also, this Friday I'm hosting games in Council Bluffs. I have two setups but one has a 10 inch tv so if you want a bigger tv feel free to bring it over. Call 712-310-4467 for address and to let me know when you're coming over.

Games will start at 8 pm.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yo I be down for games Friday now If I can just find a ride cause it's been ages since I've been to Council Bluffs.

Tyler Cumberland

Smash Rookie
I'm cool with either day, preferably Friday though.

Also, this Friday I'm hosting games in Council Bluffs. I have two setups but one has a 10 inch tv so if you want a bigger tv feel free to bring it over. Call 712-310-4467 for address and to let me know when you're coming over.

Games will start at 8 pm.
Since the number is mine you can call or text it. I prefer if you text because its easier for me to answer you throughout my busy days, but if you have to call that is perfectly fine.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Saturday May 17th 2014 is going to be a smash local "Best in Nebraska Gauntlet".

Rules and stuff.

#0-This is meant for Nebraska local players, but OOS is welcome.

#1-10$ per person

#2-16 person Cap

#3-Four 4 person pools for seeding, everyone makes it to bracket, so you are guaranteed 5 sets per game.

#4 We need 4 set ups per game. I'd settle for 2 for 64.

#5-Order of games will be chronologically. You do not start another game until everyone has finished.
Smash 64-Melee-Brawl-PM

#6 Point System

1st-9 points
2nd-7 Points
3rd-4 Points
4th-2 Points
5th-1 Point

1st place and 3rd place Ties will be broken by a best of 3 in Brawl-. If 2nd place tie the $ will be split.

#7-Payouts for 16 people would be 70 for 1st 50 for 2nd and 30 for 3rd 10 for 4th.

Register on this post!

Clarifications-You must play all 4 games. It isn't $10 per event, but $10 for all 4 events in a gauntlet style bash.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Hi Nebraska,

I haven't seen any of you guys in a longggg long time (Since HD:R for most of you), and some of you I've never met before. I know you guys have been having on and off periods for smash, but now is the perfect time to start traveling again.

http://smashboards.com/threads/may-10-2014-toasted-ravs-4-st-louis-mo.353260/#post-16689092
Toasted Ravs 4 is going to be BIG. So far for the big MW names we have Dart!, AnDaLe, Kels, MattR, Dekuschrub, Darkatma attending for melee, and SB, Ripple, and probably some of the other chicago big hitters for PM. We'll get representation from Chicago, Southern IL, Columbia, St. Louis, Kansas City, and perhaps Arkansas, and if we're lucky, you guys as well.

I'm not educated on which regions everyone is from in Nebraska, but it would be awesome to meet you MegaRobMan, and see DavidCue, JBM, Smeesh, Tyser(ResTy), etc again, as well as meet some of your new guys. Come out to Toasted Ravs 4 on 5/10 to make that happen please!

As for housing, we'll gladly house you guys Friday and Saturday night. There are at least 5 smashers willing to house people, and we'll have room for everyone coming in. The tourney is next to some amazing food places as well as cool St. Louis attractions (botanical gardens, City Museum, Arch, etc) if you want to make it a sightseeing trip as well.

It would be awesome to see East MW and West MW collide in St. Louis(Especially because I think western MW is catching up in skill). Lets make it happen.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I think we've met before but we haven't played (it was at GH3), I think I even got a shout out.

I purposefully didn't put our local on that weekend because of Toasted Ravs (and the possiblity of it being the first circuit event), and I actually have it pinned on our facebook group. I won't be able to go, but I have and continue to encourage everyone to go to that if they want to have an excellent OOS tournament experience outside that's only 5 hours away.

myself said:
Tentative Schedule for Games and Tournaments (**) for May.

Friday May 2nd-Tylers place, Council Bluffs, IA

Thursday May 8th-Robs place Omaha, NE

Friday May 9th-Tylers place

**Tournament Saturday May 10th-Toasted Ravs in Saint Louis, MO

Friday May 16th-Tylers place

**Tournament Saturday May 17th-Robs place. Best in NE, Omaha, ne

Thursday May 22nd-Robs place

?Friday May 23rd-Tylers place (maybe not due to UFGT)

**Tournament Friday-Saturday-Sunday May 22-24th UFGT in Chicago

Friday May 30th-Tylers place

**Tournament Saturday May 31st-Roll Tier 2: Revolution in Bellevue, NE

June 7th is Sweet 9 in Ann Arbor Michigan and that is the unofficial start of the Midwest Circuit.

**Tournament Saturday June 14th, Bloodbath and Beyound: Remix, Waterloo, IA

June 21st is Get Hype 4 in Lawrence, KS, which is also a part of the circuit.

No other circuit events have been Scheduled...yet...

Satisfyler

Smash Cadet
Reminder about games tonight at my place in Council Bluffs. Text 712-310-4467 for the address. Please let me know by phone when you get here so I can let you in. Also, be sure to park in visitor parking in the back, don't want anyone getting towed. I'm in the building closest to visitor parking.

Games start at 8.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
A couple of things.

#1-Games Tomorrow night at my place. Doors at 7 games at 8. It's also the first day of the NFL draft, so feel free and wear your NFL apparel. I might.

‪#‎1a‬.-Someone bring a PM set up (no tv needed).

#2-We only have 5 people for the best of NE singles gauntlet May 17th. If we get less than 10 people the entire thing will be round robin again. 16 person cap at my place.

#3-I took pictures of the 70M venue the other day and the page is appropriate for advertising now for the May 31st tournament. Gonna make a facebook page for it soon.

(This is a facebook post) #4-I also made the pinned post look prettier and have tournaments posted up until June 21st. There's almost a tournament a week until then in a 5 hour drive from May 10th-June 21st, just not the MI tournament.

That schedule is...

GAMES

Friday May 2nd-Tylers place, Council Bluffs, IA

Thursday May 8th-Robs place Omaha, NE

Friday May 9th-Tylers place

Friday May 16th-Tylers place

Thursday May 22nd-Robs place

?Friday May 23rd-Tylers place (maybe not due to UFGT)

Friday May 30th-Tylers place

TOURNAMENTS

**Tournament Saturday May 10th-Toasted Ravs in Saint Louis, MO

**Tournament Saturday May 17th-Robs place. Best in NE, Omaha, ne

**Tournament Friday-Saturday-Sunday May 22-24th UFGT in Chicago

**Tournament Saturday May 31st-Roll Tier 2: Revolution in Bellevue, NE

**Tournament Sat-Sun June 7th Sweet 9 in Ann Arbor Michigan and that is the unofficial start of the Midwest Circuit, and why it is on here even though it's a day away

**Tournament Saturday June 14th, Bloodbath and Beyound: Remix, Waterloo, IA

**Tournament Saturday June 21st-Get Hype 4 in Lawrence, KS

No other circuit events have been Scheduled...yet...

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So is it confirmed if Tyler hosting games this Friday cause if so I need a find a ride there unless my mom does a charter and have to watch family. Also Rob if you host games next Thursday I may be able to come cause my mom is taking work off that day.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
we'll see but I doubt it, that would be 3 weeks in a row and idk if Savvys is down, every other works better for her.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCfgtYdoLEc&feature=youtu.be

Nebraska is having an all 4 smash games plus Dance Dance Revolution ITG tournament May 31st, ya'll should come

Free, HUGE venue, we had a good turnout the last few times and it's looking like it might be much larger than the last Roll Tier.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1488899877989349/?ref_notif_type=plan_user_joined&source=1

Smashboards (with full rules and pictures of venue): http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...tion-all-4-smash-games-ddr-bellevue-ne.353806

(Also note the Tournament this Saturday! Best of Nebraska!)

Please come!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Okay, game plan is show up at like 1:30 or so today. Please bring set ups, I don't need TVs. It's $10 for the entire tournament, not $40.

64 starts at like 2:30-3
Melee after that (like 4-415ish)
Brawl after that (like 5-515ish)
PM after that (like 6-6:30ish)
Should be done around 730.

I assume melee and PM will go quickly and 64/brawl may take a while.

We didn't cap, so if you have any interest in coming, you should do so.

402-305-5522

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Results* We had "10 people".

****Primarily, we need to make sure that we Bring enough set ups at Roll Tier 2, please, if you have a 64 or cube or wii or PMplayer, please bring them along with the game that comes with it.

*David entered but only played like 9 matches, so his scores from 64/brawl/pm are taken out, just melee.
**Yosh left and came back
***Devon/Yosh refused to play brawl, so they were taken out
****Sm3esh/Rocha/Yosh played like 2 matches in PM, they will count for PR purposes but they are taken out of that..
*****Wesley didn't play PM, so he was taken out.

Results
#1-MRD-16-2
#2-Majik-15-3
#3-Ghoul 12-5
#4-Yosh 12-7
#5-Sm3esh 10-8
#6-Wesley 6-11
#7-FSink 4-12
#8-Hippie 2-15
#9-Rocha 2-16

Melee

#1-MRD 18-0 (I am one of the people David Forefited to David Navarrette we need to $5 mm sometime)
#2-Majik 15-4
#3-Yosh-10-8
#4-sm3esh 10-9
#5-Ghoul-8-10
#6 (or 7)-Hippie-9-12
#6 (or 7)-Cue 8-11
#8-Fsink 7-14
#9-Wesley 6-13
#10-Rocha-6-16

Brawl

#1-MRD 12-1
#2-Ghoul 11-3
#3-Majik 8-6
#4-FSink 6-6
#5-Rocha 6-7
#6-Hippie 2-10
#7-Wesley 0-12

PM

***For PR purposes, Majik beat Sm3esh in PM in their set that they played, but Devons ‪#‎s‬ are not used in the totals.
Smesh also beat Yosh.

#1-MRD 8-0
#2-Majik 6-2
#3-Ghoul 5-4
#4-FSink 3-6
#5-Hippie 2-8

Final

#1-MegaRobDad $45 54-3
#2-Majik $35 44-15
#3-Ghoul $15 36-22
#4-Fsink $5 20-36
#5-Hippie-15-45
DQ Yosh- 22-15
DQ Sm3esh-20-17
DQ Cue 8-11
DQ Wesley-12-36
DQ Rocha 14-39

Thanks for coming.

As I said, I'll keep everyone posted about the June/July fiasco, but for the most part, I am done with the Gauntlet Tournaments or I might just listen and not have brawl

Also this is the first 64 I have won.

Also this is the first Nebraska Melee Tournament I have won.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Is there anyone in Lincoln out there? I'm new in the whole looking for real ppl to smash with. I just want to actually play the game :( (Ever since I started getting interested in this game again, I've been solely 1P moding and just practicing techs and combos. The ppl I used to play with are all gone, not that they were competitive anyway.)

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Only guy In Lincoln I know of is Trent a Brawl/PM Sonic player and Noah a Melee Falcon player but that's it that I know of. I know there are a few college bound kinds down there who play but I dont remember what school they go to. @ MegaRobMan MegaRobMan knows more but his internet is off till tuesday or something like that so I'll try to help you the best I can.

Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Them some good character choices.

We game in Omaha every other Thursday and in Council Bluffs every friday and there's games in Papillion occasionally and at Davids occasionall.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So yeah time to round up new kids up for Smash 4. I've been to both Best Buy demo days and told people we had a scene and such. Also a guy is looking for people to play around UNO for meetups. Time to figure how to become a effective teacher now.

EDIT: YO @ MegaRobMan MegaRobMan there's a dude whom I met at the Best Buy event on Saturday whose interested in games and the scene kinda, he wanna knows when meetups are and such?

Last edited:

Mister Hyde

Smash Rookie
NNID
StealthEvolved
3DS FC
4270-2449-5883
I'll definitely be heading to these things once I get a new car, just saving up atm.

Top Bottom