• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olivia For Super Smash Bros. DLC

Do you believe Olivia could actually make it into SM4SH?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aleis

Smash Rookie
Here is where fellow Olivia voters can come and rally support for our favorite Dancer! Even in the case that you do not currently believe that Olivia could make it, please take the time to hear others ideas as some people have really spent a lot of time doing this!

A possible moveset for the Shrinking Violet! Feel one hundred percent comfortable to find places to improve her moveset and balance her out! As the whole premise of SM4SH is the balancing of characters we want for her to be the best for herself and the community!

Her moveset would be based off of some Skills she actually has and would not play like the other sword characters. She is a medium-lightweight character who has a speed of around Palutena and Little Mac. She trades power for speed, her aerial game is very good, but it is most likely best to keep her close to the ground where she is less vulnerable. She has a high first jump and a good second jump, put with her great recovery she will be a good recovery character.

Moveset Ideas

B- Special Dance: Olivia dances and raises her strength and defense for a short amount of time, takes a while to recharge in order for her to dance again. If she is in a close vicinity of her teammate in a Team Battle, she would be able to raise the stats of her partners for a short time as well. This move has super-armor on her when she uses this move, the spin has a windbox effect and if you hit with her sash against a projectile she will reflect them. The move will spin once rapidly, spring upward doing a flip. The flip animation is when she can start to attack again. The Flip can also be utilized as an option to return to the stage, but you will have to wait through the spin.

↑B- Dancing Galeforce: Olivia spins upwards or downwards if it connects successfully she will kick up or in the direction you are holding flying higher or of course the direction you are holding, if it does not connect she will be vulnerable to all attacks until she lands. Landing lag if unsuccessful is high like most recovery moves, but if it lands and she gets back successfully she will have no landing lag whatsoever. To have no landing lag she will have to land on the ground when she is falls/flies with the second hit, a move that could be comparative with this one would be bouncing fish, but it can go in all directions not just vertically. She trade the kill power for the extra direction and the strict no landing lag fall.

→B- Astra: If Olivia successfully connects with a character, she will instantly do five consecutive hits only the last hit has Knock Back. If she misses the attack it will do nothing but leave her open. Astra will have medium-small ending lag leaving her open, if used in the air it has five bursts forward losing height and momentum each time. When pressing the jump button while attacking she will do a move similar to ZSS' ↓B, but it will not bury them, she will grab them instead thus cancelling the move.

↓B- Lethality: This move takes 10 seconds to charge up, and once charged up it launches Olivia leaps forward and she slashes in an arc over her body. When used in the air she curls into a ball and smashes full force into opponents, this move kills at about 112%; but when Olivia is over 100% it kills at 65%. This move can be used as a way to get back to the stage, yet until Olivia curls into a ball she is fully vulnerable.

A- She slashes her sword rapidly until the move connects and does a Slash-Slash- Kick combo.

Dash Attack- She lunges forward doing a forward handspring.

↑Tilt- She swings her sword at an ark over her head, hitting taller enemies behind her and shorter enemies in front of her. Good against falling players.

→Tilt- Olivia quickly kicks forward once, does not cover her back.

↓Tilt- Olivia sweep-kicks opponents in the front tripping them at lower percentages, and knocking them into the air at higher percentages. On behind enemies it knocks them in front of her.

(Aerials have little to no landing lag, but are fairly weak. She can be launched easily in the air and is even frailer in the air. If you are going for an aerial pursuit remember she is fast, but extremely light. Her fast fall is very quick, but since she jumps high it is more difficult to fast fall at the perfect time.)

Standard Aerial- Swings her sword in a circle around her, it can protect all of her areas if used correctly. Kills around 125%

Up Aerial- She kicks upward. If it connects will send straight upward. Kills around 89-94%

Down Aerial- She falls face forward with her sword in front of her spiking if she can sweet spot, if it connects she will stop falling. Kills around 154% (not spiking). Spiking: sure kill. 85%

Forward Aerial- She slashes forward with her sword not protecting her back. Kills around 120%

Back Aerial- She kicks backwards twice. This move has low knock-back, and can string into multiple other aerials. Kills around 200%

Grabs

Pummel- She quickly elbows them in the jaw. Does around 1.25%

Back throw- She kicks them behind her at about a 35° angle. At low percentages she will kick them at a much lower angle that will allow her to follow up with her dash attack. Kills around 110%

Forward throw- She will throw them forward at about a 45° degree angle. Kills around 115%

Up Throw- She kicks them straight up into the air. Kills around 105-115%

Down Throw- Olivia turns them so their back if facing her, she grabs them and does a back-bend smashing their heads into the ground. Kills around 150%

Up Taunt- Blows a kiss in the direction you are facing.

Down Taunt- Touches her right hand to her chest and breathes out deeply

Side Taunt- “Catcalls” cupping her hands around her mouth

Final Smash- Pair Up+: She calls upon Tharja, Cherche, Mariebelle or Panne and they fight together. They would fight like the Ice Climbers did when they were here. Panne would transform into her Taguel form and melee attack anyone who tries to damage Olivia. Mariebelle would protect Olivia whenever she is about to be hit, if the hit is successful she heals Olivia’s damage. Tharja uses dark magic to immobilize all opponents for a small amount of time as Olivia gets free damage on them. Cherche has a very good AI and attacks freely, mostly going after opponents who are at higher damage.

Winning Animations

WA 1- Olivia pulls her hands close to her chest, closes her eyes and quickly says “I’m sorry…”

WA 2- Olivia does her dance animation from FE: A

WA 3- Olivia does a different dance and blows a kiss at the screen.

WA against Robin M- I’m so sorry, are you alright!!!

WA against Robin F- Robin are you okay, I hope I didn’t hurt you!

Synopsis- Olivia has above average speed but very low killing power; forcing you to have to wait for perfect opportunities to hit and evade. You will be constantly switching between her aerial game and her ground game. Without any projectiles she will have a hard time making a wall around her, but due to her speed she will approach somewhat easily. Since Olivia is such a low weight character you will most likely be using Special Dance whenever you can to raise her defense. She has more options recovering, but most leave her open if unsuccessful.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I never played Fire Emblem: Awakening, but I watch some gameplay on Youtube and Support between the characters, so she seems like a interesting character.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's definitely a long-shot. I don't think it's gonna happen.

That said, I would definitely be down with it. Olivia da bess~

Aleis

Smash Rookie
It's definitely a long-shot. I don't think it's gonna happen.

That said, I would definitely be down with it. Olivia da bess~
I definitely see where you are coming from, but if you like this character do not refrain from voting! I think the Smash community truly ha the influence to completely change the ballot! Don't worry if you don't vote for her, there are many different candidates to choose from.

I never played Fire Emblem: Awakening, but I watch some gameplay on Youtube and Support between the characters, so she seems like a interesting character.
I am definitely glad that you like Olivia! If you want her in SM4SH do not forget to vote for her! (Seriously though, you have no idea how much you are missing by not playing Fire Emblem: Awakening!)

Olivia DLC stages
I think for the 3DS version they could do the Hot Spring/ Summer Scramble DLC maps. I have no idea what the stage could be for the WiiU version of the game??? Maybe Grima or the Roster Rescue DLC, but I feel like those would not really fit... Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Woah.

Fire Emblem fans are never satisfied, are they?

Aleis

Smash Rookie
Woah.

Fire Emblem fans are never satisfied, are they?
That's not really the case, but I can see where you're coming from. There are multiple representatives for Fire Emblem and it is seeming to be too much now, but I just had a character I liked. Sorry if it seemed too needy! ;P

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I am definitely glad that you like Olivia! I you want her in SM4SH do not forget to vote for her! (Seriously though, you have no idea how much you are missing by not playing Fire Emblem: Awakening!)
Well, I'll have to get the game someday when I get enough cash. I did vote and I'll be interested in trying her out, but I doubt Nintendo will put her in, though.

Aleis

Smash Rookie
Well, I'll have to get the game someday when I get enough cash. I did vote and I'll be interested in trying her out, but I doubt Nintendo will put her in, though.
Every vote counts! So one step closer to her being in the game!

Top Bottom