• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's Forward-Tilt. When to use it?

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Hi there. I've been reading everyone's posts about Olimar's tilt attacks. It looks like Olimar's tilts have a lot of priority over many other characters' attacks.

For example, Olimar's Up-Tilt counters Wolf's forward smash, and can out-prioritize Toon Link's down-air when following Olimar's up smash. Olimar's down-tilt can hit through Pit's side-B special, and it can also be used to worm under projectiles.

However, I'm still trying to figure out uses for Olimar's forward-tilt, where he kicks out his entire body. Any ideas?

Florida

イーグランツ
This is that one move Olimar has that, in my opinion, was most likely implemented to give Olimar some defense when he has no available pikmin. It's a strong attack compared to his other attacks (non-pikmin-wise), and can easily buy you some time to pluck your little helpers out.

This attack also has some combo priority. I use this move accidentally and still follow it up by other attacks. So, this move is used basically to get your opponents away for a bit. It has good range, good knockback, and O.K. damage if you think about it. Just be smart when adding it to your strategy.

Marilink

Smash Journeyman
Quick surprise, varied gameplay. Without experimenting, I'd be willing you bet you could combo a Fsmash out of it when the opponent's around 50%.

That's just speculation, though. I don't use it much, myself.

Psyflame

Smash Cadet
Use it when you please. If they're ever in range for a forward tilt, you have many other, more powerful options, so it's rather obsolete.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
I've been watching videos of Olimar in combat and looking for good opportunities to put Olimar's F-Tilt to use.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LZuuPo-TSgc

At 2:00, it looks like Olimar's F-Tilt was a great choice for spacing. It comes out instantly, and has enough knock-back for Olimar to regain control of the battle.

keeper

Smash Champion
I end up using this move accidentally after using a Fair all the time online. It actually works really well.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
Hi there. I've been reading everyone's posts about Olimar's tilt attacks. It looks like Olimar's tilts have a lot of priority over many other characters' attacks.

For example, Olimar's Up-Tilt counters Wolf's forward smash, and can out-prioritize Toon Link's down-air when following Olimar's up smash. Olimar's down-tilt can hit through Pit's side-B special, and it can also be used to worm under projectiles.

However, I'm still trying to figure out uses for Olimar's forward-tilt, where he kicks out his entire body. Any ideas?
IMO Olimar's f-tilt is his worst attack. I think by just pressing A it might go just as far as the f-tilt because of Olimar's antenna on his helmet. The only other use I've found for it is for opponents who just sit on the edge, his f-tilt knocks them right off.

Newtwarrior

Smash Cadet
I end up using this move accidentally after using a Fair all the time online. It actually works really well.
Ditto.

The Olimar Drop kick is by far one of my favorites, I'm just not the best at executing the attack >.<

Mitsuko

Smash Apprentice
I find the move increadibly usefull, it can be used for combos, and it can be used really well if you have no pikmin for a hand to hand combo

Top Bottom