• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar VS Snake 65 - 35 Anyone?? Discussion

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
The ratios for the match ups isn't the player's knowledge of a match up that determines it. It's dependent on the characters' current metagame and how well they would perform, assuming that both are playing as best as they possibly can. Not knowing what to do during a match up is a player's flaw, not a character's. Ratios really aren't that bad... :c

BTW, if Oli vs Snake is 65:35, then can Oli vs Peach be 30:70 plzkthnx. :awesome:

Saybr

Smash Rookie
An Advantage cant be said because it's based off of player experience. View points are either He's got an advantage, or He doesnt. If a snake player has great knowledge of the match up, then there's no real advantage. same can be said for an olimar player with the same amount of experience.

Which is why Ratios are stupid.
I never asked for a ratio, but I think we can definitively establish who has the advantage. I quite agree with what ppl like Hilt are saying. Olimar can force Snake to approach, and Olimar's got a lot of good options for dealing with it. Hilt also seems to be the only one willing to explain HOW Snake can even this MU out if he plays it properly. Even so, I still have a hard time believing that Oli doesn't have at least a slight advantage.

Greward

Smash Lord
snake can win this matchup by doing dthrow and dacus

55-45 olimar imo for the reasons hilt said. i still hate this matchup though

IcyLight

Smash Lord
ok, this matchup is definitely not 65-35 olimar. i believe this matchup to be 50-50 if we were giving numbers. both of us can do some EXTREME damage to the other if we get in the right positions.

it's all about not letting the snake get into our bubble, if he does we are at a disadvantage enough to where there isn't really a whole lot of options for us to get away. if the snake is good, one dthrow can lead to a severe amount of damage on the oli unless the snake screws up.

snake can ftilt pretty much every one of our moves up close, i believe we can usmash oos if we react quick enough to it, but a lot of the times the snake will just get a free grab.

we can't grab him usually because if he ftilt/utilts right as we grab we get knocked out even if we grab him.

this is completely about how well the snake can time his moves against olimars, and how well he can deal with recovering from the air to the ground without taking too much damage. the only times i can seem to effectively give damage to a snake is when he recklessly tries to approach, but all the snakes i fight now are used to the matchup and aren't willing to approach without some sort of way to stop us from attacking his approach.

IMO, if snake players have a problem with this matchup then learn your options better, it's a pretty simple camping game on both parts until someone messes up, as soon as there is a mess up then someone gets hurt =)

EDIT: this is one of the matchups where i have the most experience, so i'm not just saying this, i may not have explained much but i can probably get a lot of videos on this matchup for how the snake player is supposed to play it =)

Saybr

Smash Rookie
this is one of the matchups where i have the most experience, so i'm not just saying this, i may not have explained much but i can probably get a lot of videos on this matchup for how the snake player is supposed to play it =)
You may as well post a few. It would be beneficial for everyone.

napZzz

Smash Hero
The thead is really pissing me off how do you determine all snakes are having trouble with this mu but razer is not. This game has been out for 3 years and ally loses to an olimar 1 ****ing time and it's now our favor?!?? Are you dumb? Step your ****ing game up. Just because you can't Dacus across the stage all day dosent make it a hard mu. I can agree on even but what grounds do you have to say it's our favor because tounament results don't show this
chill. Ally is just one thing that happened, but do you think we're all basing our matchups off of what happened to him?

I agree that this matchup is really ****ty when people know how to play it, probably snakes worst matchup. Oli out camps him, beats his ground game, and can rack damage on snake so fast its crazy. But what does snake have? sometimes he can live really long n ****, but his main tools are taken away in this matchup, tilts are hard to abuse because of olimars ******** ground game, and nades are worthless because of pikmin toss

call it theory fighter, but snakes a simple character and when you break him down that hard he's gonna struggle to get inside and even do damage. Snake can just...live long maybe and um, get a low percent kill. Too bad killing olimar is horribly difficult

also, what are olis weaknesses? Snake cant really abuse him in the air or offstage, he's just left to struggle in his own areas of strength and try to get in on olimar and just...keep getting *****

napZzz

Smash Hero
point blank vs. oli isn't going to happen generally, its gonna take quite a bit before snake can get that close and manage to beat what he does

he can usmash oos if snake tries to attack it and get grabbed by snake otherwise I guess..

IcyLight

Smash Lord
that match vs. bizkit is probably one of the worst matches i'v had vs a snake, i wouldn't really go off that too much xD

when i go to tournament next 2 weeks i'll try to get some vids

Saybr

Smash Rookie
Yeah, didn't quite seem like you were at the top of your game for that match =/

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
:O There are a couple of things that I saw in that video that Olimar should never do. He should never:

1. Approach Snake with a % lead.
2. Approach Snake with a running grab. >.>
3. sh pikmin toss when it's not necessary
4. run offstage and fastfall to try and gimp Snake. >.>
5. roll in place.
6. spam whistle in the air.

Generally, edgeguarding Olimar with Snake is generally the same as edgegaurding Snake with Olimar. Just pivot grab/shield grab wherever he lands to be safe.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
The thead is really pissing me off how do you determine all snakes are having trouble with this mu but razer is not. This game has been out for 3 years and ally loses to an olimar 1 ****ing time and it's now our favor?!?? Are you dumb? Step your ****ing game up. Just because you can't Dacus across the stage all day dosent make it a hard mu. I can agree on even but what grounds do you have to say it's our favor because tounament results don't show this
UMAD?
I'll say 55:45 Olimar
60:40 AT WORST.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=294632&page=3 Check this out to

Near.

Smash Rookie
Top Bottom