• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar - The Complete Guide for SSB4! [Text Only]

c31l1n9c47

Smash Rookie
NNID
C31L1N9C47
3DS FC
0087-2327-8084
Why did you write it in a paste bin, and not smashboards?
Not familar with how this site completely works yet, honestly. Since there were no pictures I don't think anyone would mind.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Not familar with how this site completely works yet, honestly. Since there were no pictures I don't think anyone would mind.
Still makes it more convenient to have it on here.

Quickly reading this there are couple things you have left out. First off you don't mention the Olimar's side-b can shield poke, or that different Pikmin have different weight values for Up-B. You also don't explain the exact side-b damage percents for each color.

That's just a few things I've noticed through the guide. I'll probably do an actual read of it later on. I've never heard of you as a player before so I am skeptical of your advice, but if it helps people than go for it. I myself have a guide that will be heavily updated one of these days. (When I get everything I need)

Last edited:

c31l1n9c47

Smash Rookie
NNID
C31L1N9C47
3DS FC
0087-2327-8084
Still makes it more convenient to have it on here.

Quickly reading this there are couple things you have left out. First off you don't mention the Olimar's side-b can shield poke, or that different Pikmin have different weight values for Up-B. You also don't explain the exact side-b damage percents for each color.

That's just a few things I've noticed through the guide. I'll probably do an actual read of it later on. I've never heard of you as a player before so I am skeptical of your advice, but if it helps people than go for it. I myself have a guide that will be heavily updated one of these days. (When I get everything I need)
I've been playing Olimar for a while now but I just made this account yesterday, so sorry about that! I'd love some advice though. I'll try to update it.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Uhh is there any particular advice you're looking for? We discuss things quite a bit in the Olimar boards.

c31l1n9c47

Smash Rookie
NNID
C31L1N9C47
3DS FC
0087-2327-8084
Uhh is there any particular advice you're looking for? We discuss things quite a bit in the Olimar boards.
Nothing paticularly. Just anything I didn't mention I'm not aware about. Custom moves too, since Olimar only seems to have about 2 useful ones.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Nothing paticularly. Just anything I didn't mention I'm not aware about. Custom moves too, since Olimar only seems to have about 2 useful ones.
I don't really dabble with customs for Olimar since I think all of his are bad. If you look in one of the Olimar threads you can see me explain why. (Can't remember which thread)

Last edited:

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
I don't really dabble with customs for Olimar since I think all of his are bad. If you look in one of the Olimar threads you can see me explain why. (Can't remember which thread)
They aren't all too terrible. Pikmin Tackle is kinda cool.

I just don't like how long the other neutral b's take to load pikmin up.

Last edited:

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Order Tackle is the only one I use in tournaments, and it's actually really good. Tackle/Sticky Pikmin Throw is heavily matchup specific, but totally usable and is beast in the right matchups. Hardy Pikmin maybe, but I never would use it due to decreased overall grab range.

All the rest are pretty garbage.

Last edited:

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Very good guide. I especially like your comment on Kirby. I once did exactly that (as Kirby), and the camping was amazing.
Would have been easier if directly on Smashboards. Can't you just copy-paste an edit?

Last edited:

c31l1n9c47

Smash Rookie
NNID
C31L1N9C47
3DS FC
0087-2327-8084
Very good guide. I especially like your comment on Kirby. I once did exactly that (as Kirby), and the camping was amazing.
Would have been easier if directly on Smashboards. Can't you just copy-paste an edit?
Thanks! I was planning to copy and paste this to the guides section sometime soon.

Top Bottom