• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*OLD* SSBB Samus SWF Compilation Video Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patch94

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow Samus mains! My name is Patch.

Some of you may have heard of me from "The Dairing Bounty Hunter" and some of you have not. Anyways, I'm here offering to make the Samus boards "A SSBB Samus SWF Compilation Video". I think its about time to show everyone what Samus can really do! The Samus community is my inspiration and I would love it if you guys would take part in it! This is also somewhat of a way of saying thanks to you guys for developing Samus' metagame! :)

I can record in decent quality and I have Sony Vegas 7 to edit with. I'm gonna work extra hard on this video! Please note though, that I'm quite busy and it may take a long time to complete it as I'm also going to take my time with it to make it as best as I can.

I believe that the people who should be in it are any of those who are dedicated SAMUS MAINS.

I somewhat already have an idea of some people who should take part in the video, but I'd like the Samus community as a whole to decide who to represent the Samus community!

Please discuss here the players that should be in it, the name of the vid, music selection, ideas, etc.

Thanks! :)

Hello fellow Samus mains! My name is Patch.
Well welcome to the smashboards firstly <3.

Some of you may have heard of me from "The Dairing Bounty Hunter" and some of you have not. Anyways, I'm here offering to make the Samus boards "A SSBB Samus SWF Compilation Video". The Samus community is my inspiration and I would love it if you guys would take part in it! This is also somewhat of a way of saying thanks to you guys for developing Samus' metagame!
Yeah I saw your video, it was very nice, loved your use of missles, seriously, I was gasming the whole way through.

After some thought and consideration , I've decided that I will not star in the video as a Samus player for a few reasons. I believe that the people who should be in it are those who are of the best Samus mains and/or have contributed a lot to Samus' metagame.
That is actually a really good idea, it would be awesome to see a compliation for the Samus mains. I do however think your setting your standards a bit high on the entry, because the people who have contributed alot to the boards are generally the best or just really good, so yeah... you may wanna rethink that.

I personally think everybody who has contributed to the metagame should be involved if they wish to be. Have you seen the Ness boards combo video? They took like nearly everybody there and just got it done, it was awesome, the same should be done here.

Seriously though, awesome suggestion, I can help you with the editing if you want, I use Vegas 8.0 myself.

Patch94

Smash Rookie
Well welcome to the smashboards firstly <3.

Yeah I saw your video, it was very nice, loved your use of missles, seriously, I was gasming the whole way through.

That is actually a really good idea, it would be awesome to see a compliation for the Samus mains. I do however think your setting your standards a bit high on the entry, because the people who have contributed alot to the boards are generally the best or just really good, so yeah... you may wanna rethink that.

I personally think everybody who has contributed to the metagame should be involved if they wish to be. Have you seen the Ness boards combo video? They took like nearly everybody there and just got it done, it was awesome, the same should be done here.

Seriously though, awesome suggestion, I can help you with the editing if you want, I use Vegas 8.0 myself.
lol. Thanks dude! And yeah, I suppose you're right. I like your idea! lol. Its just that I'm used to seeing only a number of about 10 people in a character SWF compilation video. And nope, I haven't seen the Ness boards combo video, but I'll definitely watch it later. And sure, you can help me out. I've edited the post based on the suggestions you gave me. Anyways, thanks for the idea! I really appreciate the help! :)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
this will be the third time we discuss this, xyro will be a no as usual, I'm up for it, but I think it'll be suuper bland and all the same tactics (lets face it her play style can be super physical or campy or both, three diff play styles that ALL use missiles, GG samus vid, GG) anyways, yeah I am up for it, lets take a vote, can we start a new poll? a non-stickied poll as it's purely for amusement?

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Welcome to the boards, first off.

Second off, Good Luck. I hardly think a compilation video would further her metagame. It might attract more people to use Samus, though. When looking for people to use, try incorporating different styles in the video rather than showing different players using the same combo.

Also, if you really want to further her metagame, when making the video, show clips of when Samus is getting hit or responding to an approach. That would really show how different Samus mains play.

Patch94

Smash Rookie
this will be the third time we discuss this, xyro will be a no as usual, I'm up for it, but I think it'll be suuper bland and all the same tactics (lets face it her play style can be super physical or campy or both, three diff play styles that ALL use missiles, GG samus vid, GG) anyways, yeah I am up for it, lets take a vote, can we start a new poll? a non-stickied poll as it's purely for amusement?
Thats a shame. =/ Xyro's Samus would have been an awesome addition to the vid. And its cool that you're up for it. I see your point about it being super bland and stuff, but when looking at Tudor's combo videos, he seems to bring a lot of variety to Samus. Or maybe its just me. And sorry, I don't know how to start a new poll. I'm a noob at Smashboards. XD

Welcome to the boards, first off.

Second off, Good Luck. I hardly think a compilation video would further her metagame. It might attract more people to use Samus, though. When looking for people to use, try incorporating different styles in the video rather than showing different players using the same combo.

Also, if you really want to further her metagame, when making the video, show clips of when Samus is getting hit or responding to an approach. That would really show how different Samus mains play.
Thank you! :) And I'll gladly take some of your suggestions into consideration, but I'm kinda discouraged to continue on making this vid since it no one seems like they want the vid except for a few people. =/ But I'll see how things play out before I drop the vid. I guess I'll just try to help improve Samus' metagame in the meantime.

Borozan

Smash Rookie
I'd love to, but I know I'm not good enough for it. But I will surely participate in everything that I can, such as polls, and I'd love to help with like, a title graphic or whatever. I can do graphics pretty well. P:

But, as I said, I'm not really good enough to be in a combo video. :p

Patch94

Smash Rookie
I'd love to, but I know I'm not good enough for it. But I will surely participate in everything that I can, such as polls, and I'd love to help with like, a title graphic or whatever. I can do graphics pretty well. P:

But, as I said, I'm not really good enough to be in a combo video. :p
Wow. I really appreciate the offer and help! ^_^

And also, welcome to Smashboards! I'm pretty new here myself. And don't worry I bet after spending a certain amount of time in the Samus forums you'll become a lot better. I'm not too great myself since I haven't read EVERYTHING important in the Samus forums yet. lol.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I see your point about it being super bland and stuff, but when looking at Tudor's combo videos, he seems to bring a lot of vaiety to Samus. Or maybe its just me.
its just you.

Im not against the group samus combo vids but i think it should ONLY involve samus MAINS

Borozan

Smash Rookie
Wow. I really appreciate the offer and help! ^_^

And also, welcome to Smashboards! I'm pretty new here myself. And don't worry I bet after spending a certain amount of time in the Samus forums you'll become a lot better. I'm not too great myself since I haven't read EVERYTHING important in the Samus forums yet. lol.
Yeah, I know. I have many guides bookmarked & such, and read them and practice tips & tactics every day.
Picking up samus is also picking up my brawl competitively, and I need that. :p

Oh, & do you want me to make a title graphic? 'Cuz I can and will. My avatar isn't my best work by any means. It's actually in the below average section.

Patch94

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I know. I have many guides bookmarked & such, and read them and practice tips & tactics every day.
Picking up samus is also picking up my brawl competitively, and I need that. :p

Oh, & do you want me to make a title graphic? 'Cuz I can and will. My avatar isn't my best work by any means. It's actually in the below average section.
lol. Sure. Just send in one of your best samples and I'll take a look. And you don't have to worry too much about it yet since I don't plan to make the vid anytime soon.

Ravin

Smash Lord
No.

Also what is with all these new Samus mains running around with their heads cut off?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Cutting heads off is where it's at obviously.

Nice to see new faces, and all the new meat getting so involved. Good luck with this Patch. I'd gladly help in any way I can.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Apparently so. Isnt the Grade A type of meat either.
creep less lol, but yeah there's quiet a few of 'em. they ALL want in on this so they can make a name for themselves lol, it's not about furthering her advancement it's about becoming a "xyro" samus main.

love new samus mains, I realy do, dun take it the wrong way.

Ravin

Smash Lord
No No. I don't mind the new mains.

But her metagame is mostly finished. And I hate to see them disappointed. By all means, play Samus, but don't pull a Xyro and get pissy when you find out what most of us already know. :p

Rhyme

Smash Lord
i think it should ONLY involve samus MAINS
I's out, homie. Kirby is too much fun. ^^

Also what is with all these new Samus mains running around with their heads cut off?
It's the new butcher shop...just opened up 'cross the road. You know how it is...

don't pull a Xyro and get pissy when you find out what most of us already know. :p
That Samus sucks balls? :p And here Xyro wanted so badly for her to be a lesbian. Tisk tisk.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

That Samus sucks balls? :p And here Xyro wanted so badly for her to be a lesbian. Tisk tisk.
DONT SAY SUCH THiNGS! She is a lesbian! She is MY LESBIAN!!!!!!!! And you dont need kirby, you need only samus.!!

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Kirby? KIRBY?!

OMGWTFIMAPWNU. MMing your Kirby asap. $5

If I win, you come back to the Dark Side and main Samus... forever. No joke. If you win... well I'll win the second MM and you still have to return to the Dark Side. BWAHAHA

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Kirby? KIRBY?!

If I win, you come back to the Dark Side and main Samus... forever. No joke. If you win... well I'll win the second MM and you still have to return to the Dark Side. BWAHAHA
lol, good luck? Alex strife is too good.
so good in fact if we do do this vid (lulwut) then we may just add a few clips of his samus.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
so good in fact if we do do this vid (lulwut) then we may just add a few clips of his samus.
Sigh. You're supposed to be cheering me on in getting him back on our side. Gosh. And yes, we still should include clips of his Samus.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Lol. Its good to be back... Kinda.

Ive had a lot going on in life, But instead of ranting and raving about it I might write a Haiku about it later.

In other news, Samus is still low tier in the time I was gone. Xyro still is in denial. And Cherry/Ismar/Rhyme still rock the Samus boards with Rohins in the backround with puppet strings.

Samus boards rule.

creep less lol, but yeah there's quiet a few of 'em. they ALL want in on this so they can make a name for themselves lol, it's not about furthering her advancement it's about becoming a "xyro" samus main.

Ok firstly, Im not a new main by any means (You may not have thought I was, but still, Im one of the 'less heard' Samus mains). Secondly, since its nearly half term here and theres gonna be another fest on the 24th, I feel I could get some footage for the advancement of Samus and for fun. I dont even care if my name isn't shown, we all have your goals here, mine is to get Samus higher in the list as im sure it is yours.

Also, Borozan join date does not mean he is a 'new' main (I know he said it himself, but still xD)

Im not taking it the wrong way, im just pointing it out its a bit rude for you to basically call out new players for supporting such a fantastic idea.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
IsmaR says:
IMO
You are underrated
As a Samus main
KillerJawz says:
What makes you say that?
IsmaR says:
The fact that I could barely keep up when we first played
KillerJawz says:
Heh
IsmaR says:
Tbh
You're probably the best EU person I've played, and I don't have to play nearly as good to keep up with any other Samus mains.
I thought you were being sarcastic that time you said that I was probably going easy on you ._.
KillerJawz says:
No i wasnt being sarcastic I actually thought you was going easy on me
IsmaR says:
welliwasnt
KillerJawz says:
I've been told by loads of people I suck
So i took it as a hint
IsmaR says:
Nah
You don't suck

KJ's really good. First time I played him, I thought he'd **** me for sure after our first match. I only won because I had to play/think very smartly.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Jesus. Stop with the eye ****.

And KJ, want to do some friendlies? I will totally lag-fi john because I'm terribad online, but I'm interested as to how your Samus is.

I've got infinite replay code on the wii to save it as well, in case you would like me to save the replays and send to Patch for use in this project.

On second thought... perhaps the video should oust any wi-fi footage? Hmm...

I would like to give you some friendlies sometime, not today however, rusty as **** with her since I just used Peach for like loads of friendlies in a recent tourny (I did some with Samus, but not enough </3).

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Only my Samus doesn't suck. Therefore I keep the dream alive. And let Rhyme in, I lurv her/the new avi :(

Lol. Also not a her.

DONT SAY SUCH THiNGS! She is a lesbian! She is MY LESBIAN!!!!!!!! And you dont need kirby, you need only samus.!!

You mad?

I love kickin' it to the Kirb, where good times are had by all. : )

Kirby? KIRBY?!

/logic

I wouldn't stop playing that puffball if you paid me. Why should there be a cash prize for this sort of thing, anyway?

Alex Strife plays Samus? I did not know this. x.x

NO-IDea

Smash Lord

You mad?

I love kickin' it to the Kirb, where good times are had by all. : )

/logic

I wouldn't stop playing that puffball if you paid me. Why should there be a cash prize for this sort of thing, anyway?

Alex Strife plays Samus? I did not know this. x.x
A) I need more Kirby MU experience. Not that I'm bad at it. On the contrary, I'm rather decent at the MU. However, when there's this stupid **** that lives in VA who ***** with Kirby, it doesn't hurt to get more. You know who I'm talking about, Rhyme.

B) "You belong with me." Me=Samus. You can't betray her! (I'm just asking for some Kanye comment now...)

C) I wasn't aware that he did play Samus. I don't think so...

Borozan

Smash Rookie
Well, out of all the characters, I randomly selected one and it was Samus, because from coming back from a break, I kinda stunk with every character again, so I picked new one. :p

Patch94

Smash Rookie
Man, a lot of discussion was going on while I was away. lol.

Cutting heads off is where it's at obviously.

Nice to see new faces, and all the new meat getting so involved. Good luck with this Patch. I'd gladly help in any way I can.
Thank you IsmaR. Much appreciated. ^_^

I've actually been a Samus main since August 2008 so I'm not really a "new" Samus main. I've just made a Smashboards account early September so I'm pretty new here. And I don't really want to be in it myself since I know there are other people who deserve to be in it more than I do. I'm not really into fame either. I just want to help improve Samus' metagame along with you guys if possible. I originally just wanted those who were the best Samus mains AND have contributed to Samus' metagame such as the Chozen Warriors and a few other individuals.

Jesus. Stop with the eye ****.

And KJ, want to do some friendlies? I will totally lag-fi john because I'm terribad online, but I'm interested as to how your Samus is.

I've got infinite replay code on the wii to save it as well, in case you would like me to save the replays and send to Patch for use in this project.

On second thought... perhaps the video should oust any wi-fi footage? Hmm...
Ok. Cool. And idk. Maybe we should take a vote or something. lol.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Noid: ^^ I've played him before, but doubles only. I wouldn't mind giving you some extreme friendlies for free if we ever ran into each other.
Extreme friendlies? EXTREME FRIENDLIES?!

Okay... we could do wi-fi friendlies in the meantime. Not tonight though. Lady Gaga concert.... then a huge English essay to write in the early hours of morning.

Patch, you too. I wanna see your sexy d-air. I'll submit the replays to whoever wants them.

EDIT: On a side note, different font. Love it. It's going to change back to the usual soon. ;_;

Patch94

Smash Rookie
Extreme friendlies? EXTREME FRIENDLIES?!

Okay... we could do wi-fi friendlies in the meantime. Not tonight though. Lady Gaga concert.... then a huge English essay to write in the early hours of morning.

Patch, you too. I wanna see your sexy d-air. I'll submit the replays to whoever wants them.

EDIT: On a side note, different font. Love it. It's going to change back to the usual soon. ;_;
lol. Alright, but not right now. I'm busy with a lot of things at the time. Maybe the weekend or next week.

Kay tomorrow Ill do friendlies with Noid and Cherry, anybody else want some <.<?

Btw, we should try and get our clips against some of our negative matchups since it will allow newcomers and main samus mains alike to see how to get out of situations, perhaps somebody can teach me to get away from Diddy's nanas?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
You don't trip in the air, your hitstun is kinda small, spam nair when you get hit by a banana and stuff, pick up bananas and glidetoss->dash attack (up b) is good.

Best way to figure out how to play against Diddy is to figure out how to play as Diddy, you'll get more comfortable with bananas and the speed and figure out how to counter that youself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom