• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fansmash

Smash Cadet
Hello, I am Fansmash and I am an unconditional fan of the series Super Smash Bros since the 1st game. It is my number one in any category. I come from Switzerland, I am 23 years old, studying at the university and my favorite character is Sonic. In the SSB, I have a team which I call of shock: Sonic, Kirby, Peach and Zelda, and as newcomer in this team: Rosalina and maybe Palutena and Krystal.

My mother tongue is French and I express myself little in English but for this forum, I am going to try to speak in English and to translate my (lengths) messages with a translator. Thus forgiveness of my approximate English and if my messages are badly translated. But if we allow me to speak in French, that arranges(settles) me.

I am happy to be a member of the community of international SSB and enchanted to meet you.

Last edited:

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I have no clue where the User Blogs are, can someone direct me? Being dead serious. Where are they?

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I have no clue where the User Blogs are, can someone direct me? Being dead serious. Where are they?
Not sure if this is what you mean, but if you click on a user's name to the left of their post it will take you to their profile.

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Hi everyone. I've recently picked up Melee again and decided to finally re-join SmashBoards. It feels great to be back and I'm hoping to find some players from here who live in my area for friendlies!

theotheo

Smash Rookie
Hello! I`m theotheo and I`m living in Chiba, Japan. I`ve been playing for years, but recently became more interested in getting involved in the community.
Any players who have info about events happening around Tokyo, please let me know!
よー! セオセオです! 今千葉けん で すんでる。 トーナメント とか やりたい から よろしく!

StormCrow

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I've lurked the boards for quite a long time without creating an account just because I simply wasn't playing at the time ( been lurking for about a good 6 month's now) but have been watching competitive melee since a friend introduced me to it in late 2004 and I continued watching whenever I could catch it and now watch it on twitch whenever someone is streaming it.

Right now I just wish to watch it but maybe someday I would be interested in trying to play but I still don't have enough training to be even willing to go play smash somewhere like my local's, also I currently live in Kansas if anyone lives in state feel free to message me.

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
Greetings. I my name is Myuustufan4832, but you may call me Mewtwofan or Mewtwo. If you are wondering why I named my self Myuustu its because that's how you say Mewtwo in Japan and if you are also wondering why I put it in Japanese its because it would not be very special if it was in English and no I am not Japanese or Chinese I am just American and I have played and had all 3 released Smash games and the N64 version I had is gone sadly :crying:. I started playing games since the days of SNES, and I remember being at least 2 and a half years old at the time. And as you can already tell my favorite pokemon is :150:, I main him in Melee and Project M and my favorite Melee stage is Brinstar Depths my favorite SSB64 stage is Saffron City and my favorite Brawl stage is :battlefieldb: and I own a 3DS and Wii U also and yes I am a
supporter and if you have anything against that please keep it to yourself since I tend to act like a different person when it comes to arguments. I want :mewtwopm:, :metaknight:, :roypm:, :jigglypuff: and :falcon: to return in SSB4 and I want
and
as newcomers. I have been lurking for a while now looking mostly at Ridley related things since what people say on them are entertaining.

Poruchiik

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm Poruchiik, I'm an Australian who recently watched The Smash Brothers documentary and thought it was the shiznit. I played 64 when I was younger but had no idea that you could so many tricks with Melee that essentially created a Brood War-esque game and tournaments. When I heard Team Liquid was picking up two Smash players I immediately checked Project M and loaded it up. Have to say immediately impressed with the game. So far looking into playing all of the characters like I did in SSB64, so far Squirtle and Lucario are my favs.

TheQuasiZillionaire

Smash Cadet
Yo peoples,

I am TheQuasiZillionaire, otherwise known as TheQZ or Quazi (with a "z"). I live in the East, but come from the West, so I don't really identify with either "side" exclusively. I'm the kind of guy that would rather everyone just got along and had a good time - that means you, 64/Melee/Brawl people. I've played Smash Bros casually with friends for many years (mostly Brawl), but never really went past messing around until a couple of months ago. Last month I watched The Smash Brothers, the documentary, and I think that really got me interested in Smash as more than just a screw-around party game. Since then, I've basically been trying to improve my skills in Melee, except I won't actually have a system until this fall. Until then, I'm playing on the Dolphin emulator, which really isn't too bad, except I can only play against PCs. I hope to eventually be able to compete in local tournaments (by "compete" I mean "do well"), and maybe eventually get into some more big-time stuff, but I don't really hold any hope for being as good as the top players. I have way to much other stuff going on in my life for me to spend that much time on Smash.

As of now, I main Sheik in Melee, but I've been trying out Peach, and I'm liking her so far as well. I'm also a decent Young Link. I'm trying to practice some with all the characters so I have a good idea of how they work, but it's a slow process. I don't really know my main in Brawl, because I haven't really played it since I got more serious about Smash, but I like to play ZSS and Lucario. Project M is badass, but I like normal Brawl too, and I don't think one should exist without the other. I don't play Smash 64 because I've never had an N64.

And that's basically the Smash Bros side of me. I don't really think anyone's actually going to read this, but hey, I enjoy putting all my scattered thoughts together in writing, so it's cool. I'll see you all around!

p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4

Smash Cadet
NNID
le-harlz
3DS FC
4227-0851-7533
!~HELLO BEAUTIFUL SMASHERS~!

4bout the p4nd4
My name is Harley, with the occasional handle of p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4, (or p4nd4 for short. There are 4 pandas spelled with 4's, you get it?) I've been hooked on Smash Bros since my very first game and have been smashing ever since. As I grew more and more social, I became more and more enthusiastic about competing against others in Smash Bros. I'd host parties at my grandfather's martial arts school and have multiple tv's set up and arrange all the brackets myself so people could show who everyone who was the best as Melee, then Brawl, and now finally Project M, which, I'm hoping to start competing in. With each defeat I've faced in the many tournaments I've gone to, I've grown progressively stronger in determination, and one day, I will take the world's stage to become fight against the greats!!

p4nd4's interests
I do play other fighting games, but mostly out of the sake of hype and enthusiasm for the genre. Playing them has definitely influenced my skill as a Smash Bros player. The daily life of me includes writing, the occasional acting gig, and being, unfortunately, actually a human instead of a panda.

the p4nd4 in it's n4tur4l h4bit4t
I'm based in Austin, Texas and am a regular con-goer! If you ever meet me at a con, I'd love to play a round or two of Smash Bros with you!

TLR

Smash Rookie
Uhhh... hi. The Name's T.L.R. I've been playing brawl casually for about a year now, and I just got Melee recently. I found out that a buddy of mine used to be competitive at Melee before taking a year-long break. That inspired me a little to start getting better at smash. it'll be a while, but I'm gonna start off with brawl. BTW, I'm a huge Bowser main (and any other heavyweight).

I'm always late when it comes to turneys, and where I'm at, smash is VERY underrated, so I'm most likely not gonna be at any for a while.

Torture

Smash Rookie
Newcomer. Really into smash and the smash community seems awesome. Started to get into competitive fighting games such as UMVC3,Injustice,MK, and Smash. Me and my friends are really into fighting games and we recently started playing smash competitively. We find it really fun and i am trying to get really good at it. Just recently bought 3 GameCube controllers for a deal of 35$ and will be practicing a lot. Cannot wait for SSB4 :awesome:

electricSprites

Smash Rookie
NNID
alphryd
3DS FC
2294-4781-6234
Hey all! I'm electricSprites, but you all can just call me Sprite. I'm a Uni student in Ontario Canada, and I like the smashing of brothers. I just like all most video games in general :D. Really looking forward to meeting new people.

JayB

Smash Rookie
Hey there, guys.
I'm Jbsundown, JayB for short. I'm relatively new to the Smash scene. I found out about it from Apex 2012 and have began to learn more about it as of late. I bought Brawl for the Wii on release and played it loads but then lost interest when I had no one to play with. I'm from the South-West of England and am looking to get into the Melee scene in the UK and/or Europe. I don't know how big it is on this side of the Atlantic, but I'm hoping it's not too difficult to get into. Even if I just start as a spectator.
Thanks for reading my introduction. I'm sure that I'll enjoy my time here!
- JayB

ObsidianSkin

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. I'm Obsidian, and I'm an alcho-

Er- let me try that again. Hello everyone, I'm Blake (but you can call be Obsidian). I'm new to SSB, and so are my friends. We recently had a great time at one of their houses over the weekend playing it, so I think that it will appear much more often in our schedule. I came here because competitive gaming has always fascinated me, especially with a game that I have taken a fancy towards. I hope to meet many new people, make many new friends, and play many more games of SSB while I'm here! (also, I like the emoticons... :pow:)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ahoy All,

Online I go by Napoleon, starting up a gaming channel and breaking into the world of voice overs and story creation.
Have lived in DC, New York, and now Miami. NYU graduate of creation and performance.
I have strong opinions, interesting philosophies, explosive creations, and am looking to inspire and debate the doubt out of concepts. Looking forward for my own ideas to grow, and to be more connected to this amazing series, which means so much more to me than being just an event. Message me if you'd like to know how it helped out my entire life on numerous occasions.

Best Love to all,
Napoleon

Last edited:

Sarger001

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sarger001
3DS FC
1032-1314-4326
I'm not going to lie- I suck at smash bros.
But I do enjoy the games. And I do feel that without practice, you never know what you're good at and what you're bad at.
So practice I will.
I also enjoy sleeping in my spare time.

Nair

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goldenwolf2
3DS FC
0920-1616-6632
Comin' in swingin' from Dallas, Texas, the outgoing and young :pikachu: loving kid joins the battle!

I've been playing for all of 2 weeks or so now, and I'm definitely far from where I am capable and even further from where I want to be. However, I'm steadily improving and hope to get really good in the near future! So look out for me, even if it's to watch me fail in the mean time! :D

P.S. I love meeting new people, so feel free to message me and say "Hi" or your variation of it. XD

ElDusteh

???
3DS FC
0877-0949-4618
I'm from Kentucky, and just recently started to get very very into Smash. I play Project M mostly, but I'm also interested in learning Melee. I'm pretty fresh to the game, with only about a month of serious time put into it, and I'm anything but competitive at the moment but I plan on getting there slowly but surely.

SpaceDope

Smash Rookie
Hey all,

Name is SpaceDope, and I mostly play brawl but plan to get into Project M eventually. I've been playing SSB for years but only recently have been trying to take it past casual play. I live in southern California and am hoping to get into the brawl or PM tournament scene as I continue to improve. Only been seriously playing for a couple of weeks but I definitely wanna keep it up! Always looking for new friends or people to talk to so feel free to PM me. I joined here because you guys seem like a great community and I want to be a part of it and learn more and play more competitive SSB. Watch out for "sDOPE" in the future. :p

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
Well I just signed up so here I am. My name's Byxis. I love playing Smash Bros and I wanted to talk with other people who love the games! I'm trying to get better and I'm still learning the ropes you know? I look up to high level Smashers like Mewtwoking and PC Chris because... Well they're proof that if you really strive and take the time to analyze and just play this game, you have it in you to go far. And as a mediocre smash player, that's encouraging because it makes me strive to get better as well.

D

Deleted member

Hey! I'm pretty new to the Smash "scene", I've had Melee casually since its release but only in the past year have I dedicated any time and effort to it. I'm still pretty new to most techniques and concepts of "high-level" Smash play. Also, Project: M... it's great. Since I grew up with Melee, Brawl felt slower and less competitive so I've decided to main with Project: M to strike a good balance.

I'm mid-tier at parties. :-P

Prince Doebler

Smash Rookie
Hai. I'm here for Project M. But I'll try to sneak in to other forums when I have time. However limited it may be...

RecycledKaos

Smash Rookie
Hello! I've recently joined the site to post on a tournament thread but have luked here for a year or so(absently). I'm an avid PC gamer(650+ Steam Games) and consider myself pretty good at video games :upsidedown:
I've played smash bros casually since 64 and about a year and a half ago I discovered the professional scene.After modding my Wii and installing Project M I spent time learning some advanced techniques and then taught my friends the techniques as well (about 10 people total). We've been playing and improving ever since. I'm a :ganondorf: main but feel fairly comfortable with most of the cast.
I recently joined the site because I decided that it's time we go to a tournament, Fight Pitt 4 is where my debut match will be:bluejump:(hahaha).

I'm also a fan of anime and an avid creative writer(as well as a lover of parentheses), if you'd like to talk of anything feel free to message me!

:colorful:Also does anyone know of other smashers in the Morgantown Area?

Last edited:

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Hello! I'm Shayminslicker! I have been playing smash bros since brawl came out and I aim to partake in tournaments soon so I'm trying to be competitive.

Outside of that I'm a huge Pokemon fan!

UconnScrub

Smash Rookie
NNID
GamingJack247
Hey, my name is UconnScrub a.k.a. Scrub a.k.a. K-Flo. I've been a fan of the Smash Bros series since the original installment, and I have recently been working on becoming more of a competitive player as well. I main Dr. Mario in Melee and in PM I main Mario and Ivysaur (also learning DK as well). Oh, and I run a YouTube channel with Let's Plays and Countdowns as GamingJack247.
www.youtube.com/user/gamingjack247

L33thal

Smash Apprentice
Sup SWF. I'm L33thal and I've been "kinda following" the smash scene, mainly Melee, since late '06. I got bored one day and searched "super smash bros" on Youtube and then I came across an Isai video for 64 and got hooked on competitive smash. I'd watch a lot of smash videos, but they were mostly flashy matches with Falco or Marth or Isai matches for 64. I remember I used to think about smash all the time, when I would be in class or when I'd think about crazy combos as my way of counting sheep. Eventually, I bought a copy of Melee and since then I've been playing CPUs all the time. I've played some 64 with people but as far as my experience in Melee goes I'm still kind of this "Youtube-spectator" guy. I've never looked up guides for the metagame or read some fancy threads. I guess I'd say I'm kind of self-taught. So flash back to now, I saw the Smash Documentary a while back and it's given me the push to try to go to tourneys that are close to me.

Kylols

Smash Rookie
Hello SmashBoards!

I'm Kylols. I used to have the (ignorant) opinion that smash wasn't a "real" competitive game and shouldn't be compared to traditional 2D Fighters or PC esport games (please don't ban me). I realized that this isn't true at all and that Melee has alot of depth! I played Melee as a kid very casually with my siblings, but I haven't played it in years and have never played any other Smash game. I'm interested in getting into it myself now, and I have some questions. Is dolphin netplay (for project M or Brawl) fairly active? Do I need a Gamecube controller, and if so how do you use a Gamecube controller with PC? If not, can I use a Fight stick? Should I instead wait for SSB4, and what are the chances of that game being viable or deep competitively compared to brawl? I imagine people have very divided opinions about that, but perhaps there's some general consensus or expectation?

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Hello everyone welcome to smashboards! If you have any questions feel free to ask me. ^-^ Thank you and enjoy your stay at Smashboards.com! Thsnks and have a great day!

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I'm spader. I'm pretty sure at one point I had an account on Smashboards, but it was back around Brawl (and I don't use the same email anymore and didn't remember the name, so new account time!) I've been playing since 64 and am finishing up my senior year of college now. I've been lurking on the boards for a while and figured I might as well create an account again to actually be able to post. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the members better.

DB_

Smash Rookie
Hey im DB. I play Project M and im looking for someone/people in my area to train with to just have fun and get better. Atm i main Wolf, Lucas and Lucario.

Red_roy

Smash Rookie
Hello. My tag is Red Roy. I main Roy in Project M. Although I haven't been to a tourney yet, I plan to go to both xandu and games underground regularly. It's nice to meet you all!

Hello. My tag is Red Roy. I main Roy in Project M. Although I haven't been to a tourney yet, I plan to go to both xandu and games underground regularly. It's nice to meet you all!
Also if there are any smashers around Cape Cod I would love to get some practice in :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Rolton Cussell

Smash Cadet
Name's Rolton. Been playing smash since I was a kid absolutely love the game. I've been familiar with this site for a few years, I've been a lurker and mainly would just look at the tournament listings. I main falco / sheik in melee and in brawl I play snake. I used to go to tourny's back in the day but I've been playing a ton of league of legends competitively but I'm starting to get back into smash. Hopefully I can go to some tourny's soon and start to meet everyone again. It's been a few years but I love this game too much to stay away for too long.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Hey guys! I've already posted a bit in this forum (most notably two MYM movesets) but haven't formally introduced myself. I'm crazyal02! I've been playing Smash for as long as I can remember, and it's one of my favorite Nintendo series. I main Samus in Melee and Snake in Brawl. I'm in a weird embryo stage between casual and hardcore; not nearly as skilled as hardcore players but browsing Smash Wiki to slowly learn various aspects of the metagame. I've been considering installing Project M; I've only neglected doing so already because installation looks tricky and involves removing custom stages. Still, it looks more than worth the trouble!

Red_roy

Smash Rookie
Installation is actually fairly simple. All you have to do is get an SD card (that is 2 GB or less, or it won't work), download project M onto it, and then pop it into your Wii. After that all you have to do is enter through the stage builder. :3

Jynx

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm Nick. Tag is Jynx, and I've recently gotten into the competitive Smash scene. I've played Melee since 2001 (Have NTSC 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2), as well as the N64 version. As for Brawl, I didn't play it as much, but I still played a fair amount when it came out. I recently acquired Project M. I'm into Melee a lot more, as that is the one I play the most and enjoy the most. I've known about Smashboards pretty much since it's been running, hoping my stay here will be long and productive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom