• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famardy

Smash Rookie
NNID
AxeBomber
Famardy's the name, Smash Brawling is my game. I'm 28 years old, and I've been a Super Smash Bros. for 14 years and I thought this might be a perfect place to hang out!

GameGeeks

Smash Cadet
Hello SmashBoards, my name is frank3nstein, or frank for short, and I help run Game Geeks. We're a small game store opening in Iowa City, IA this coming January. We are hoping to get in touch with some awesome Iowa/Midwest players who would like to compete in weekly/bi-weekly tournaments. Starting in January of 2014Game Geeks is looking to begin hosting on-going league tournaments in down town Iowa City. We've got the space, we've got the equipment and now we need the community.

If you are an active Iowa player with some brawler friends hit us up any time to find out more. :link64:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey guys, similarly to Rylos I have been lurking here for a while and finally decided to make an account. Been playing melee ever since it came out, and I thank my brother for getting me into competitive play. He threw a small tournament for the Cali community a while back and I got to meet Mango, watching him play made me want to get good. I strayed away from melee for a long time, but after watching all of "The Smash Brothers" videos on youtube, I have my inspiration back. I'm glad to finally be apart of the community.
Hey G1J! Welcome to Smashboards!

Glad to hear that you got on board the Maylay train. The Smash Brothers doc has been a really great attraction of what the scene means to us. I am so glad that you are a part of this community. If you need assistance with the site, feel free to let me know.

Enjoy your stay and have fun!

Umm, I posted a request for a mentor in your mentor thread about a week(ish) ago, I talked to Crackle about mentoring, because he's the only dude who's listed as a mentor for all characters [I use CF and MK, neither of whom have any mentors listed for them D:] I was just wondering if the thread is still active or not, or Crackle's inactive, or what.
Thanks!

Hello. I am the guy that is suppose to oversee the MP but I've been very busy with school so I haven't been able to manage it. If Crackle hasn't respond in say....three days, message me again. I myself will help you with CF...MK maybe.

Hi my name is jacob. I have only played brawl of the smash bros series. And the only other games i have played are Mario and Mario sub series games. I hope to have fun on the forums and above all SMASH!
Welcome Jacob to SWF!

I am personally glad to hear Brawl was your first start into the Smash series. However, if you have the chance, play 64, Melee, and Project Melee. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me for help.

Once again, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Famardy's the name, Smash Brawling is my game. I'm 28 years old, and I've been a Super Smash Bros. for 14 years and I thought this might be a perfect place to hang out!
Hello Famardy and welcome to SWF!

That's good to hear how much of a veteran you are. This is the perfect site for you to hang, especially if you are in the competitive scene. If you got any questions about the site though, let me know and i'll answer them to my abilities.

Enjoy your stay here man!

Hello SmashBoards, my name is frank3nstein, or frank for short, and I help run Game Geeks. We're a small game store opening in Iowa City, IA this coming January. We are hoping to get in touch with some awesome Iowa/Midwest players who would like to compete in weekly/bi-weekly tournaments. Starting in January of 2014Game Geeks is looking to begin hosting on-going league tournaments in down town Iowa City. We've got the space, we've got the equipment and now we need the community.

If you are an active Iowa player with some brawler friends hit us up any time to find out more. :link64:
Welcome Frank!

That's good you're trying to get in touch with Midwest. Go here and post your weeklies there. We have a section dedicated to Midwest and I'd bet Iowa will love the events you're bringing to them.

If you have any questions about the site, let me know.

Good luck with your events and store! And welcome again to SWF!

Scoot

Smash Cadet
Scoots the NAME and SPEED.... is a bad thing kids. Don't use drugs!

New Member, just looking for a good time, hey baby, you looking for a good time ;D Hit me up, long walks on the beach, sex in a bikini, you name it.

Signed up for the lansmash Australia Brisbane event for smash bros, but now that I know this exists I shall continue to bring all my love and happiness to all of you.

Please, no applause is needed I am merely a common man trying to make a smile or two.

swiggu

Smash Rookie
hi im swiggu. big smash fan, specifically melee. i wouldnt consider myself good at all but im competitive by nature and ive been wanting to meet other smashers and play good players for a while now, if not just to practice and test myself. the only thing is, ive never attempted to approach any communities, and i live in the netherlands, a region im not sure has a very big smash community (i know theres insanely good players like nihonjin and amsah, but they all travel to the US to play, and i dont think players of their caliber would want to play me at all l0l).

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Scoots the NAME and SPEED.... is a bad thing kids. Don't use drugs!

New Member, just looking for a good time, hey baby, you looking for a good time ;D Hit me up, long walks on the beach, sex in a bikini, you name it.

Signed up for the lansmash Australia Brisbane event for smash bros, but now that I know this exists I shall continue to bring all my love and happiness to all of you.

Please, no applause is needed I am merely a common man trying to make a smile or two.
Welcome Scoot!

We need more common men like you here for only our kind can be the light in people's lives.

If you have questions about the site Scoots, let me know.

You enjoy your stay here and continue to make smiles online.

Hi I'm Blame, goodluck.
Hello Blame! Enjoy your stay here.

hi im swiggu. big smash fan, specifically melee. i wouldnt consider myself good at all but im competitive by nature and ive been wanting to meet other smashers and play good players for a while now, if not just to practice and test myself. the only thing is, ive never attempted to approach any communities, and i live in the netherlands, a region im not sure has a very big smash community (i know theres insanely good players like nihonjin and amsah, but they all travel to the US to play, and i dont think players of their caliber would want to play me at all l0l).

Welcom Swiggu!

I checked out the regional zone to see if a Netherlands thread exist but I can't find one. Try to create one so you can link with other Nethers.

Enjoy your stay here!

PoisonSandwich

Smash Rookie
I am PoisonSandwich and I am from Colorado. I don't know too many people that play smash besides some of my friends (but they only play brawl while I play all three.) I hope I can meet some new people online and in the real world so I can play with them and have fun. I do want to play competitive one day but I know it will be a rough start because I have only played lvl 9 CPU's in my melee career. I hope I make new friends and I am glad I signed up for this website.

drawingpandagirl

Smash Rookie
I'm drawingpandagirl. I'm a new member. Some of the people at my school have played Brawl but I mostly play it. I would like to get into tournaments and compete. The only smash game I have played is Brawl but I really want to play the other games too. Anyways I love to play the game. Nice to meet you all. :)

Beckwitt

Smash Rookie
NNID
Beckwitt
Hello everyone! I'm a Brawl addict as well and have competed in many local tournaments. I am well rounded with Brawl, Melee, and the original. I have a close friend who plays with me (very competitively) as well as other friends who play casually. My main characters are Game&Watch, Toon Link, and Pit. I've tried Ganondorf, but I can't get over his delays. Hopefully I can build a larger base of fellow Brawlers!!

Catstorm

Smash Rookie
Hi i am catstorm and i have played smash bros since before the dawn of time (allegedly). I really like charizard. and anime

LiquidTyler

Smash Rookie
Hello, I watched the Smash Brothers doc. and it made me want to start playing Melee.

My goal is to be able to play well enough to play in local Toronto stuff, and with friends who don't play at all so I can win and feel good. I will settle for being able to at least wavedash -_-

I've done a bit of research and watched some Youtube videos to try and learn. But if there are any really in-depth good guides that will drop knowledge bombs on me, I'm all for it. Thanks, any links would be greatly appreciated.

swiggu

Smash Rookie
Hello, I watched the Smash Brothers doc. and it made me want to start playing Melee.

My goal is to be able to play well enough to play in local Toronto stuff, and with friends who don't play at all so I can win and feel good. I will settle for being able to at least wavedash -_-

I've done a bit of research and watched some Youtube videos to try and learn. But if there are any really in-depth good guides that will drop knowledge bombs on me, I'm all for it. Thanks, any links would be greatly appreciated.
this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE. I used that to know all of the general tech skill that's applicable to most characters. I'm a ****ter but that video covers about everything you need to know.

LiquidTyler

Smash Rookie
this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE. I used that to know all of the general tech skill that's applicable to most characters. I'm a ****ter but that video covers about everything you need to know.
thanks for the response!

yeah i actually watched that video after i saw the documentary. i looked up some guides on the forum and I copied 2 and tried to make it flow in a Google Doc. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kd5orCDyh5coIYbEm8w8v1lqOiN-JVHQ_wjPMr_pnkY/edit my goal is to take on each thing until I master it down before I move on and track my progress through updates. Do you know of any written guides?

caLviN-1260

Smash Apprentice
NNID
caLviN-1260
Hi there! I've know about Smash Boards for awhile, but I never really had a great interest in Smash Bros past the casual level. I made an account on All is Brawl at one point and never used it, competitive Smash just didn't seem like my thing.
I got into competitive Mario Kart Wii for several years, but in recent months its died down.
I found this YouTube documentary series last night called The Smash Brothers, and I watched the entire series in one sitting. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it, here is the first episode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tgWH-qXpv8 . Anyway, it inspired me to come check this place out, and as someone who has been enjoying Project M very much, and is very excited about Project M 3.0, I would like to try to be involved in the competitive Smash community. I do regret showing up a little late, but I rather experience some of this fantastic community than not at all. Hope to get to know some of you guys better soon, this looks like a cool place

MrWhite

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm MrWhite, a smash player from Vancouver, Canada. After watching the smash documentary it made me want to reach out to the local community and start participating in some events. I want to start playing competitive brawl, and am looking to learn new things about Marth. I'm hoping to meet some smashers and hopefully some people that want to train together. Thanks!

BT.V

Smash Rookie
Greetings Smashboards, I'm Badtouch V (A name with history that I won't get into.), or just BTV for short. I've been playing casual smash for years and years. And I never knew this game had a following, let alone a following this immense, and committed! Needless to say, I'm impressed. I saw Melee at EVO, and I was more hype than I ever was, watching anything, and the techniques that were being used (Which I did a bit of research on) blew me away!

I never knew that Smash was such a technical, and fast paced game. I can see now, however, that this game takes a lot of heart, hard work, and skill to play competitively, and let's just say, I've never been one to back down from a challenge.

Here on the forums from Calgary AB, I'm ready to absorb any information anyone can give me on the game, matchups, techniques. Anything you know, I likely don't know, name it. Thanks to everyone who reads this, and replies. I hope to have a comfortable stay here at Smashboards!

Bobakanuchi

Smash Rookie
Hey, i`m Bobakanuchi (you can just call me Bob)/ I live in Canada around the Toronto area and i signed up for smash boards recently for a few reason. Mainly to talk with the smash community and see if i can find any tournaments in my area for Melee or Project M. Until then, i just play friendlies with a couple friends of mine that are as good as me. I mostly play Fox but i play Falco and Dr.Mario every now and then, as well as looking to try out and get good with some other characters.

Yuke

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lickitung
3DS FC
0989-1746-5200
Hey guys, I'm Yuke. I've lurked around the site in the past but never got around to making an account. However, I'm slowly being introduced to my community smash group and in order to stay on top of things I've joined :bee: I'm also a huge sucker for 64, it'll always have a special place in my heart <3 But I hope to become more active and meet some cool people in the smash community :D

yourwifeandkids

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2036-6894-1918
Hello there. I'm yourwifeandkids. Wife for short, or ywak if you don't want to confuse me with the preexisting Wife in the in Smash community.

I popped my (old) copy of SSBM into my (old) GC the other day, and enjoyed myself quite a bit. I play Dark Souls PvP on PS3, primarily, but recently I've been gaining interest in playing Smash competitively. I've had the game since the early 2000s, but I've never played consistently, and I'm certainly not very good. Yet.

I hope to improve in the coming months to be prepared for SSB Wii/3DS, and from there I'd like to make Smash a staple in my gamut of go-to competitive games.

Cheers to all those here who I have yet to meet and play Smash with.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
im link and ike lover just sold my wii going to get a wii u cant wait 4 ssbb4 yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they wont have ike in ssbb4 dam it.

by the way im 10 years old i know right wtf

keffri

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I'm keffri. I'm a 20 y/o college student in Lexington, KY but my home is in Vancouver, BC. I've been playing melee casually with my friends but I'd like to get more competitive at it. I'm not good by any means right now but I am looking to get better. I play mainly Shiek, Marth, and Falcon but I'm looking to choose one to main so I can get good practice before playing multiple characters well. Any tips or advice for a new player such as myself would be highly appreciated.

I'm going to try and be active around the forums, and I look forward to being involved with this community.

MegamanX20100

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1590-4724-7065
Welcome to the Smash Boards, keffri!

I have one piece of advice for you, since I'm on the same boat as you are (looking forward to my first competitive Melee tournament next week, yay!) and I've gotten this advice plenty of times. Don't rush things. Take your time, and develop your own pace. Some are faster at learning the game than others, it's a fact.

keffri

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the Smash Boards, keffri!

I have one piece of advice for you, since I'm on the same boat as you are (looking forward to my first competitive Melee tournament next week, yay!) and I've gotten this advice plenty of times. Don't rush things. Take your time, and develop your own pace. Some are faster at learning the game than others, it's a fact.

Thanks for the welcome, Megaman.

I appreciate the advice as well. I'll be sure to take my time as I do not plan on entering a competitive tournament anytime soon. I'm probably going to read and watch as much as I can before picking up a controller to begin practicing the basics.

daHsu

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone! I'm 16 and a total brawl addict... along with my friends we have greatly improved over the years. I play meta knight when I want to win, but deep down I want to master the puffballs kirby and jiggs :D

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
hello im 10 years old i know wtf im a totally smash addict sold my wii going to get a wii u cant wait 4 ssbb4 im still playing ssbb my main r :link2: and :ike: im beast mode when i get my wii u give me your friend code

FSLAR

Smash Rookie
Aloha all I'm FSLAR. I joined here because this site isn't always down like Allisbrawl and has more active community threads, along with trying to improve some characters and seeing where some tournaments are held.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Welcome newcomers! I apologize for the site going down. We seem to be in the clear now. If any of you have questions regarding the site such as where's the info for Melee Falco or when's the next X tournament, feel free to ask me for assistance and I'll gladly direct you.

I hope you enjoy your stay and don't suffer through anymore 520 errors.

madman3

Smash Rookie
Greetings, I'm madman3 from the UK. I play Melee completely un-competitively (although I'm learning), and Brawl semi-competitively.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Welcome newcomers! I apologize for the site going down. We seem to be in the clear now. If any of you have questions regarding the site such as where's the info for Melee Falco or when's the next X tournament, feel free to ask me for assistance and I'll gladly direct you.

I hope you enjoy your stay and don't suffer through anymore 520 errors.
thank u I was very stressed out

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Greetings, I'm madman3 from the UK. I play Melee completely un-competitively (although I'm learning), and Brawl semi-competitively.
Hello MM3 and welcome to SWF!

That's cool man. Play the games how you want. If you need any help, let me know.

Enjoy your stay here!

thank u I was very stressed out
Make that double for me. I was a bit saddened when the site went down randomly. If it had moments where it was open, I didn't catch them. :(

At least it's (mostly, at least) over and done with.
It seems like we're out of it. I recall that the site is still being worked on and should be 100% by Monday I think.

MegamanX20100

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1590-4724-7065
NO Grey, it's not okay. You realize that he's one of those...

*whispers*...casuals...

Eh, who am I kidding? I still consider myself casual despite the fact that I'm training for competition in Melee. Yes, I'm one of those, too. :p

What Grey said, though. Play the games as you'd like. If you enjoy doing so, then that's all that matters. Enjoy posting away in the forums!

Triferen

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tryptocaine
3DS FC
4038-6598-3625
HI there, I'm really new to brawl, but not smash, and I know I'm late to the game but I figure I better get on the smash train before SSB4 comes out. I'd love to get my Marth and Wario game up to tournament level, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Take care everybody :D

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
HI there, I'm really new to brawl, but not smash, and I know I'm late to the game but I figure I better get on the smash train before SSB4 comes out. I'd love to get my Marth and Wario game up to tournament level, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Take care everybody :D
Welcome Trif to Smashboards!

What I would recommend is checking out the Marth and Wario boards.

Check out the info on the characters. You'll find details such as match-ups, tech, videos, etc.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me for help.

Welcome again and enjoy your stay!

Memento Mori

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! I'm excited to be joining the competitive Smash community. I'm not new to Smash, and I've played it since I was a kid. A few weeks ago my friend showed me the Smash Bros documentary and it opened my eyes to a world I had only heard about. Luckily, we found out a big tournament would be hosted locally, so we drove down to Frederick to see Pound 5.5. It was probably one of the coolest experiences of my life and it has definitely inspired me to get better and train hard.

I had wanted to play my childhood favorite, Link, but then I found out he's not as good as I had hoped. Somehow I ended up playing Dr. Mario.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Hello everyone! I'm excited to be joining the competitive Smash community. I'm not new to Smash, and I've played it since I was a kid. A few weeks ago my friend showed me the Smash Bros documentary and it opened my eyes to a world I had only heard about. Luckily, we found out a big tournament would be hosted locally, so we drove down to Frederick to see Pound 5.5. It was probably one of the coolest experiences of my life and it has definitely inspired me to get better and train hard.

I had wanted to play my childhood favorite, Link, but then I found out he's not as good as I had hoped. Somehow I ended up playing Dr. Mario.
Welcome Mementro Mori to Smashboards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope u don't stop going on Smashboards.My main r link and ike.I hope u enjoy Smashboards and make a lot of friends

Memento Mori

Smash Rookie
Welcome Mementro Mori to Smashboards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope u don't stop going on Smashboards.My main r link and ike.I hope u enjoy Smashboards and make a lot of friends
Thanks, man. I don't think I will. I've become pretty committed and I'm excited to start playing abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom