• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whits*havin*a*brawl

Smash Rookie
(: I really enjoy playing & all I want is to meet people who enjoying playing as well & maybe even play with ya!
I dont know many people who actually play so I would love talk with people who do & enjoy doing so.
Please, dont be shy :3

☆Shine☆

Smash Rookie
I love Smash Bros ever since 64, I also love to Hack and Draw Manga. Being the Nintendo fan I am, All of the new announced games especially
Super Smash bros 4, I am excited for. :pimp:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
And darkness falls over the land of Smashlands! Hello! Staffo here. Experienced character maker and smash player here. I even entered a tournament, and got eliminated to some dude using Ice Climber chain-grabbing. My favorite character is Mewtwo, despite is floatiness. I plan on mastering Villager for Smash 4, and also sorta the new Pit.

Ya!

Staffosmashing, future smash lord

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Already been here for a few weeks and made some posts, but alas here is I, Connery!

Been a Smash player since it's release in 1999 and haven't fallen out of love with the series yet!

dckx

Smash Rookie
Yo i just learned recently that there is some ppl from relatively close to me that play. I'm thataintfalc0 on SRL IRC and twitch bc im dumb and jeremy.sliss on skype. If your from around auburn NY hit me up!

KratosG

Smash Rookie
Hey Smashboards! I've been playing since SSB64, but just this year started learning advanced techniques. I'm excited to learn and get better, and I've already posted in the mentor thread, but I've got a ways to go. I really only came here to try to get better at melee, so I don't know how often I'll be posting in the forum, but I do know that I'm pumped for SSB4. Anyway, hello from KratosG!

P.S. anyone in Minnesota near Brooklyn Park? I'm in need of human people to play against so I don't get used to CPs.

Ferretfish

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4081-5724-3216
Hello to all! I'm Ferretfish. After a couple of months I finally worked up the courage to join.
I don't really have much to say but I've been playing smash since the N64 days and my favourite smashbros game is Brawl.
Apart from the smash series I really enjoy the Mario, Pikmin, Wario, Pokemon and Professor Layton series.
I look forward to having a good time here.

Rinnin

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2492-4645-8842
'Sup.

... I don't really have much to say, honestly. I'm not very good at self-introductions.

Well, my name is Rinnin, but you can call me Rinny. My absolute favorite Nintendo franchise ever is Pikmin, though I do enjoy Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero, and of course, Smash Brothers. Outside of Nintendo, I'm a fan of horror games (Silent Hill, Amnesia, Clock Tower), The World Ends With You, Phoenix Wright, and Professor Layton.

I like to draw things. I'll change my avatar occasionally, but it'll always be a snippet of one of my drawings since it's just easier for me to draw my own avatar instead of go hunting for something I like, heh.

I'm not a very serious person, really. Once I get more used to this site (even though I've been lurking for a long time) I'll probably warm up and start being more silly.

(I also really like Olimar and will defend him in every way, every day, no matter what the argument is.)

And... that's about it! I look forward to talking with all of you soon. C:

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
I'm nat pagle, extreme angler who doesn't actually like fishing!

I don't actually play Smash too much these days, but I always take an interest to posting on forums.

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
I started playing fighting games when I played SF in Famicom when I was young, maybe about 8yrs old.
then it carried over to playing SF in SNES, and SF2 in MegaDrive.
I have played bunch of fighting games growing up like YuYu Hakusho, DBZ 2 & 3, Mortal Kombat 1-3. Killer Instinct 1 & 64, Samurai Shodown 1-5, Fatal Fury, Darkstalkers, KOF 94-99(?), Virtua Fighter, Tekken 3, 5, 6, tag2, Children of the atom, MvC1, Guilty Gear XX, Naruto, Jump super and ulti stars, SFAlpha 1-3, SF4, and of course Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl.

I started young and really just played by just executing the movelist and following my instincts. I knew if I blocked a shoryuken, I can counter with a move of my own. I know that when an opponent is going to block, I can try an overhead attack or a throw attempt to try and confuse him. It is only a few years ago that I learned about the technicalities of it. That's the first time I heard of the terms "punish" and "frames", "mix up" and "wake up", "spacing" and "footsies".

That knowledge gave me a new perspective on fighting games, being a big nintendo fan, I then felt like I needed to try and apply them in smash. or maybe at least understand smash in a competitive light. I attempted to study brawl by lurking in these forums but it is harder that I thought (compared when I was studying tekken or SF!).

I am looking forward to playing some serious smash 4 and hope to learn from you guys when the time comes!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was moved by the recent events in Evo2013 (my first time following Evo and FGC events). the tension with FGC, the FB poll + donation drive, evo streaming fiasco, the records that are broken, "one more year" chant, and one unit. that's great showing right there, congrats guys!

Skunks

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skunks
Hey guys, I'm Skunk. (My actual username is Skunks but oh well). I've been playing SSB on and off since I was 6, and after watching EVO I've been playing it a lot more. I'm not great but I still love the game, and I'm going to try to be active posting here.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Hi I am The smash nerd I love smash bros [Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl] and I love Smash boards Too

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
I started playing fighting games when I played SF in Famicom when I was young, maybe about 8yrs old.
then it carried over to playing SF in SNES, and SF2 in MegaDrive.
I have played bunch of fighting games growing up like YuYu Hakusho, DBZ 2 & 3, Mortal Kombat 1-3. Killer Instinct 1 & 64, Samurai Shodown 1-5, Fatal Fury, Darkstalkers, KOF 94-99(?), Virtua Fighter, Tekken 3, 5, 6, tag2, Children of the atom, MvC1, Guilty Gear XX, Naruto, Jump super and ulti stars, SFAlpha 1-3, SF4, and of course Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl.

I started young and really just played by just executing the movelist and following my instincts. I knew if I blocked a shoryuken, I can counter with a move of my own. I know that when an opponent is going to block, I can try an overhead attack or a throw attempt to try and confuse him. It is only a few years ago that I learned about the technicalities of it. That's the first time I heard of the terms "punish" and "frames", "mix up" and "wake up", "spacing" and "footsies".

That knowledge gave me a new perspective on fighting games, being a big nintendo fan, I then felt like I needed to try and apply them in smash. or maybe at least understand smash in a competitive light. I attempted to study brawl by lurking in these forums but it is harder that I thought (compared when I was studying tekken or SF!).

I am looking forward to playing some serious smash 4 and hope to learn from you guys when the time comes!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was moved by the recent events in Evo2013 (my first time following Evo and FGC events). the tension with FGC, the FB poll + donation drive, evo streaming fiasco, the records that are broken, "one more year" chant, and one unit. that's great showing right there, congrats guys!
me not sf1nor2 I play ssbm [gc] ssbb [wii] cnpte [3dsandxbox360] hsf2 [ps2] sf3 [ps2] dbz2 [ps2] ssf43d [3ds]

Lakitwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lakitwo
Hey all. I'm Lakitwo. I've been playing Smash for years, but I've never gotten super competitive with it. Right now, I'm mainly into Project M. I'm just looking to maybe become a part of the Smash community.

D

Deleted member

Hi, my name is Trysomeforce (William). I've learned about the Smash scene through Youtube about a year or 2 ago, and I just now descided to make a SmashBoards account. I want to get more involved with the smash community, and also become a better player. I'm also heard that this place is great for finding tournaments and finding a Smash community in my area. I hope to be here for a while.

franktown32

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I'm franktown32 (Franky). I'm quite new to the SSBB community but I've been around Smash for a while.. I've racked up tons of hours in SSB64 and SSBM haha. I guess I'm just searching for some people play against online, preferably in the San Francisco Bay Area (or just in CA at all).

My main character in Melee was Mario :mariomelee: so I'm probably going to stick to him for Brawl too, but we'll see what happens :chuckle:

Smash_N00b

Smash Rookie
Hi, my username is Smash_N00b.

Contrary to what my username may suggest, I'm not actually a n00b at Super Smash. I've actually been playing Melee since March 2003 (my first smash game). Unfortunately I didn't know about the competitive scene in Smash until January 2011. I only wish I was lurking on the right parts of the Internet, because if I did I could have immersed myself into the Smash Community earlier. Thereby allowing me to exponentially improve my Smash skills.

But since I was mostly playing Smash by myself from March 2003 to Jan 2011, I didn't really improve my skills at all, especially since all I was playing against was just AI. Who ain't that bright to begin with :-) You gotta play against other humans--especially those who are more skilled than you, in order to improve your Smash skillz.

I want to get into the competitive Smash community. Or at the very least talk with other Smash fans some MOAR because socializing with others who share the same hobby as me is just an awesome way to kill my free time.--which I have a lot of by the way.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Hi everyone! I'm Shendin, or Shen, whichever.
I would probably be considered a noob at Super Smash Bros, seeing as I've only been introduced to Brawl for a few months and haven't played any other the other previous Smash Brothers games (guilty as charged). My friends and I often play Brawl during the weekends, and it's because of them I got into the game. I myself don't own a Wii nor do I own Brawl, but the fact I get to play against actual players--some decently skilled ones, even--has made me want to become better at Smash Bros.

I Main as Lucario. Right now I'm just focusing on getting good at him and learning general techniques and whatnot, but I do plan to branch out and try other characters once I become reliably competitive against my friends with this one. I joined the Smash Boards for that little extra push I need in regards to learning. I mean, my friends definitely help, but having a broad community to look to as a resource is certainly a real plus. Also I'm keen to keep on top of news and speculations regarding SSB4, since that is a thing I have plans to invest in.

Ehh...what else? I'm also an artist, and as such it's only appropriate that my avatar be my own art. My avi is blank as I write this, but that's because I have yet to make a picture for it.

And that's pretty much it! Time for me to go bumming around the forums now.

Chido72

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm Chido, encyclopedic omni-nerd with a particular attachment to Fire Emblem (see left), Pokemon, Zelda, and other assorted video games, Nintendo and beyond. I've been smashing since Melee but I've really only started getting good (I think) recently with Brawl. I haven't been very involved with the community though, so I thought I'd get a start here.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Hi everyone, I'm Raccoon! I've been stalking this forum for about a month now and decided it was time to join.

I main Mr. G&W in brawl while also playing with R.O.B. a lot.

I'm more casual player but I do hope to get to play competitive someday.

I'm pleased to get to meet all of you. <3

Smash_N00b

Smash Rookie
The Smash Community, I wished I knew earlier...during its Golden Era (2001 to 2010). The community is dying, it seems.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Welcome to Smashboards, all of you!
Smash n00b: These boards seem to go through a cycle of activity. Major tournaments like EVO that just passed spike activity and as SSB4 release approaches, activity will continue to climb.This is a wonderful community though, and we're still here!

NekoFish

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3437-4454-8236
Hello everyone!
I hope to make some good friends and have good discussions on here.
My main on melee is Falco. I didn't have a main on brawl as I felt Brawl was more of a party game and everyone felt fun to play.
Can't wait for Sm4sh and I know whoever's reading this can't wait either!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm Ryan, and am a huge Smash Bros. Brawl fan. I love Melee too as well and own the game, but I never owned the one for the N64, as I never had an N64. I'm very interested in discussing the new Smash Bros. game for the Wii U/3DS, and am always waiting for new updates.

MRTsmash

Smash Rookie
hello all! I'm MRTsmash. the origin of my name: "MRT" are the initials of the first names of my two brothers and I, and "smash" was added on because I was thinking of Smash Bros. at the time, so yea, pretty original. :) anyways, I'm also a big fan of the Smash Bros. series and have played the games ever since the first one came out on N64. can't wait to see what other new characters, stages, etc., that will be revealed, and I certainly can't wait for the new game! hope to have some good conversations with you all!

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Hey guys, BaPr here and I was introduced to melee when I was younger at a friends house once. Ever since I haven't played a Smash game until my sister bought Brawl for me. After that, I bought Melee too. After that, I always have trouble choosing which Smash game to put into my Wii to play.

RideRide

Smash Cadet
I like to play Smash Bros with my brother and friends casually, I am not really competitive. Nor am I good enough to be competitive. I've been playing more smash recently and I'm getting better at it. I like all the smash games but like many others Melee is my favorite. I don't really have anything else to say.

Zero Insanity

Smash Rookie
Helloz everyone, Zero Insanity here (or ZI for short). I got into Smash when Melee came out and loved every second of it since. So, yeah lol.

Xombie

Smash Rookie
Been playing Smash casually since the N64 days, and after watching EVO it really hyped me up to become better at the game and to learn SSBM seriously. I've got a long journey ahead of me but I feel that I've got a great community here to help with all my questions.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Nice to meet you all! Seems Melee is a favorite right now for sure.

D

Deleted member

Hello SmashBoards! I'm a brand new user on this site!

I am a huge Nintendo fan and Luigi fan! (it's pretty obvious because of well... everything involving my profile such as my icon and mains) My favorite video game series are Mario (favorite all-time series), Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, Sonic, and of course Smash Bros.

I've played every game in the series and I love them all equally for what they are. While I am a Luigi main, I play as other characters such as Meta Knight and Pikachu. I often train myself in every game to become and overall better player. I am just as excited about SSB4 as all of you are and I would love to share my ideas and opinions.

See ya around!

Oniperson

Smash Cadet
Hello one, Hello all. I go by Oniperson, However Melee only gives you 4 spaces to create a name so I usually shorten It to "Oni".

I'm a smasher by nice time and a musician in the mean time. I play Drums, Piano and basically anything else you don't have to pluck. I'm stuck in several equally unmotivated bands which results in my wanting to gouge myself with a spoon. So if you live in the Kansas City area and know a thing or two about Dorian modes. Find me.

Up until recently I played as Marth and Shiek because I liked the speed and the physics of the characters. However, as of today I main Peach and you have Armada to thank for that, I adore almost everything Peach has to offer, dash attack is cool, stitch face is my BEST-Friend and dat float cancel... don't even get me started on dat float cancel. The FEELINGS float canceling makes me FEEL... its beautiful.

As I've suggested before I'm a Melee player, like Smash 64 but one of my friends in particular thinks its the bane of his existence and has forever laid the ban hammer down on that particular title. I liked Brawl when it came out and there is nothing inherently wrong with it, It's just a little slower is all, no biggie, that can easily be a good thing if you are into it. I'm not is all:) I prefer Melee.

Side note: Project M = Messiah

I hope you you guys can help me develop my skills as a player and in return I will help you guys develop your skills as a teacher. So until we meet again.

Stay Golden Pony Boy.

AnarchyM

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm new to the smash community. I play Mario Kart Wii competitively but finally I decided to take a break from that old game. I'm probably the youngest smash player to be known, 11, but I'm still decently powerful at the game. I'm going to Rampage today as well, so gl to all who are going.

Any questions for me, contact my skype

mastare_of_life

or friend me here, im an extremelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy open person to anyone.​

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
Hello, name's ezzy (problem with website names lead me to put ezzee) I'm just another sheik main, though I believe I'm improving. I've been picking up on some more advanced techniques quicker than I expected. I've only really been keeping up with the competitive community for 3 months, but it's fun. I've been playing melee casually for about 10 years now so that prior knowledge is helping me. I used to be original and main Link, but I decided to play some Sheik after watching a few videos of M2K play. Needless to say, I was better with Sheik after 2 weeks than I was with Link after 10 years. If anyone lives in the Houston area, I'm looking for someone to play with/mentor me. Planning to attend the melee (and probably project m) tourney(s) at WHOBO 5 this year

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
Hiya! I go by many names, but here you can call me 'Rioni' or by my nickname 'Lily'. I've been a Smasher (and a gamer in general) since my toddler days from the influence of my older brother. I used to play Smash64 with him all the time. It eventually became one of my favorite games. I used to have Melee for a short time, but I have no idea where it went. :T I also wasn't around during the hype of Brawl (mostly because I didn't know it was in development and heard about it after the release.) But now with Smash4 about to be released soon, I'm really excited! I've been roaming on these forums for a while and today I decided to join.

I'm not much of a competitor since I mostly play for fun, so I'm not that tourney-worthy. I main a bunch of characters, but mostly Lucas, Marth, and Pikachu.

Well that's all I've gotta say. See ya guys around!

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, a forum like this? Interesting. Well, as you can clearly see from my username, I'm GraveEclipse567, a name inspired from the Grave Eclipse in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

Anything else I can say?

Megaoverlord12

Smash Rookie
NNID
Megaoverlord12
3DS FC
4038-6546-0886
Alright, so I'm coming back after being on the site for maybe a month and after 2 and a half years, I finally got around to getting a working copy of Brawl. I've been gaming since age 4, with Sonic 2 being my first. I'm a fan of too many franchises to count, (a few of my biggest being Pokémon, Smash, Sonic, Mario, Need for Speed, and Halo, just to name a few.) and I'm all ears for stuff, and always ready for a game, just excuse my lack of skill for not playing for two years and never really being competitive. And in case you couldn't have guessed, my favorite game is indeed Wind Waker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom