• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oric Windstar

Smash Rookie
So, I'm new and, like everyone else joining in the last week, I decided to sign up because I'm super excited for the new Smash Bros. games. I've lurked on these boards since before Brawl came out, but finally decided to actually join the conversation.

I've loved Smash since the original and have always used Mario as my main. The only character that would make me change my main would be Geno, but I'm not too confident he'll ever join the battle. Here's hoping!

EpicGamer

Smash Rookie
Helloooo people of the World. I was looking at this site for a few hours and instantly fell in love (not literally.) I'm most interested in the "character discussion" threads the most, so that's probably where you're gonna' find a me, most of the time. I also want to take the time to say that this site is very nicely organized, great job to the creator.

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
Hi I am really new to this site but anyways to my intro. Hello my name is NES Falchion but you can call me NESS (like from earthbound) I play ssbm,ssbb and the legend of zelda series also I love fire emblem. If you want to play brawl just tell me when and we shall see if we both have time. I try to get on every day so I won't miss your message. Peace:starman:

Sobia6464

Smash Cadet
Hi I am really new to this site but anyways to my intro. Hello my name is NES Falchion but you can call me NESS (like from earthbound) I play ssbm,ssbb and the legend of zelda series also I love fire emblem. If you want to play brawl just tell me when and we shall see if we both have time. I try to get on every day so I won't miss your message. Peace:starman:
Well let me beat Grey to the punch and officially welcome you to the site :)

My free time is limited, but I shall message you anyway. If you have any questions about brawl or the site I will be more than happy to help you best I can, although I'm sure there are more qualified people to do so. I love to help and meet new people, so if you ever need anything do not hesitate to ask. Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay.

Ben-Bandu

Smash Rookie
Hello there fellow people.
I recently got really into Brawl again after so many years, and I was looking for some active community and I stumbled over this site and it seemed pretty active so I signed right up.

My name is Simon, I am 19 years old and live in Norway somewhere.
I've played Smash bros ever since I borrowed it from a friend on N64 years ago and never gave it back :smirk: Though I never had a gamecube so sadly, the rumored best Smash Bros passed right by me. However I got Brawl for the Wii when that was released and played it for a few months before it fell off. But like I said I got back into it recently, tbh it was after I watched the trailers from the new SSB.

As for my favorite characters and such, my favorite is Fox. Always been. I also have a really good liking for Mr. Game & Watch, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Kirby and more recently I've played a lot with Peach.

I'm totally stumped at what more I can write, but I'm sure this is enough of an introduction, sorry for rambling on D:

Ronmasta

Smash Rookie
Hello to all! I'm Ronmasta, but you can call me Ron for short. I have been a fan of the Smash series ever since the N64, and I couldn't help but find out about this site through someone's link in a YouTube video. I'm a pretty experienced player, I suppose, but of course, there is always room for improvement. I can play with pretty much any character on the basic level. I'd have to say that my favorite would be Game & Watch in Brawl, though it could be a tie between Marth and Toon Link as well.

One of my notable outside interests is writing poetry. I tend to write and post at least one poem a month on Facebook. Either way, I think that I'll be looking forward to facing other people online sometime in the near future on Brawl; I just have to find time to get online and set up my Wii again....

Sobia6464

Smash Cadet
Hello to all! I'm Ronmasta, but you can call me Ron for short. I have been a fan of the Smash series ever since the N64, and I couldn't help but find out about this site through someone's link in a YouTube video. I'm a pretty experienced player, I suppose, but of course, there is always room for improvement. I can play with pretty much any character on the basic level. I'd have to say that my favorite would be Game & Watch in Brawl, though it could be a tie between Marth and Toon Link as well.

One of my notable outside interests is writing poetry. I tend to write and post at least one poem a month on Facebook. Either way, I think that I'll be looking forward to facing other people online sometime in the near future on Brawl; I just have to find time to get online and set up my Wii again....
Welcome to the site! Enjoy your stay here. Even though you main my mortal enemy in brawl...

Ronmasta

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the site! Enjoy your stay here. Even though you main my mortal enemy in brawl...
Haha thanks! I normally don't tend to use G&W in single match-ups, but mainly online when its like 3v1s may be the only notable detail.

ItBeVoltage

Smash Rookie
Hey Everyone! I'm Voltage, and I’m Relatively new to smash bros brawl being my first one. Being a Pokemon fan boy, and Lucario is in my top 10 favourite Pokemon of all time i decided to main him. (I have heard good things about the Lucario Community so I’m exited for that) On a side note I play Pikachu quite often too. Well I'll cya guys around. Peace~

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
Hey Everyone! I'm Voltage, and I’m Relatively new to smash bros brawl being my first one. Being a Pokemon fan boy, and Lucario is in my top 10 favourite Pokemon of all time i decided to main him. (I have heard good things about the Lucario Community so I’m exited for that) On a side note I play Pikachu quite often too. Well I'll cya guys around. Peace~
I use lucario sometimes, so maybe we could test how could we both are with him by playing the endless brawl in mutliman melee.

Sobia6464

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the forums! If you need any help with Pikachu, o brawl in general, please feel free to ask me questions, along with everyone else here. I main pikachu so I can help a lot more with him. As for lucario, he has great air game and the higher the damage he has the more powerful he is. He's interesting and there's a lot to him. Best of luck!

RyXyu

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone !
It is now some years since I visited the forums SWF, and I decided to register to be a member of the largest community of Smash Bros. of the world !
I'm RyXyu, a French player living in a little away from the world, and worshiper of Super Smash Bros. !
I never had the chance to make offline tournament, but hopefully that will change soon, when SSB4 will be mine ! I do not really speak much English, but I hope to get out in this fully anglophone community.
I play Fox now since my 6 years, that is to say, when I start playing Smash Bros. for the first time, on SSB64. Since then, I've never let go !
Well, I have nothing else to say about me, hoping to have a good time with you.
See you soon!

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone!

Like a lot of people, I just recently joined this site in lieu of the new smash game coming out, even though I have been reading a lot of these threads for what seems like ages now. I typically play as Zelda but I also play as Jiggs and Peach when the matchup seems impossible for Zelda.

I love the ATLAB series as you can see and Azula is literally my favorite character in all of existence.

Deuces:starman:

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone!

Like a lot of people, I just recently joined this site in lieu of the new smash game coming out, even though I have been reading a lot of these threads for what seems like ages now. I typically play as Zelda but I also play as Jiggs and Peach when the matchup seems impossible for Zelda. I remember avatar the last air bender that show was awesome anyways welcome to smashboards even though you have been signed up longer then I have but whatever.:b:

I love the ATLAB series as you can see and Azula is literally my favorite character in all of existence.

Deuces:starman:

I remember avatar the last air bender I loved that show but anyways welcome to the smashboards.

SilverSoul

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone! I'm Grant. Super Smash Bros was a significant part of my childhood (my siblings and I would get into arguments because I always beat them in Melee) and I have decided to join these boards because of the upcoming Sm4sh. I mostly play as Peach.
See you around!

Coffee009

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am Coffee009,
I am a HUGE player on steam, which to my friends it looked weird with me getting into Super Smash Brothers, as the keyboard and mouse to a controller is a awkward enough transition, I mainly play (and still do) first person shooters on PC so FPS to fighting is a awkward transition as well.
I am not big into competitive gaming, the most I've done was clan wars in Quake 3 and subbing for Highlander teams in Team Fortress 2, I was way better at Quake 3 though due to my fast reflexes and creative thinking.(I did have a dream though of competitive Halo 1-3 but I never really bothered to try)
Recently, I fried my motherboard on my PC, and while figuring out what to do, I decided to buy a game cube again and Super Smash Brothers Melee, as two of my friends compete and one was very interested in teaching me how to compete. Now one of the big questions was "Who will you main as?" and right away I replied with Mr. Game and Watch. I know he is a low tier and has many downfalls, but my goal is to show people that even as low as he is, he can still kick ass. I am practising as much as I can and reading and watching many advanced tutorial videos on how to compete and survive. My goal is to show people that while he is not the top character, Mr. Game and Watch is still a force to be reckoned with in the right hands. Fighting people may be brutal, but even after not playing Melee for 4 years and still impressing my friend, I am determined to be a great Mr. Game and Watch. Even if I cannot compete, I am getting a job soon so if Mr. Game and Watch is in SSB4, I want to get it and wreck face online. I have interest in maybe buying a Wii and SSBB so I an play online, and I even got a friend who would be willing to play team matches with me, but she is in Montreal and I'm not sure how our pings will differ.
Just a bit of boring ol' me.

Nito LR

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nito_LR
Hey SmashBoards, the names Nito, and im trying to get the smash scene in my area bigger.

I already have a good amount of friends that play smash and we are pretty decent at it. I want us to be more legit so the more ppl i feel we have in the group the better. because of my experience of playing smash since the 64 version and that i have been to tournaments, i have a great knowledge of the game. im looking for people who might possibly live in my area that like smash alot and willing to play with us and even possibly go to tournaments in the future. i can teach everything in game i know to people wanting to learn / get better and im always wanting to learn new things and get better myself.

i live in Schenectady, New York area and im always looking for new and good competition. Me and my friends usually meet Thursdays like 8ish and "brawl until we fall". Friday we try to meet up as well.
AND We play both Melee and Brawl

if anyone interested let me know

Br0k3nT1MEP1EC3

Smash Rookie
Another new guys have also lurked for quite some around here now I feel it's time to actually join the discussion. I've always stuck with Kirby in the Smash series, even when he took a significant turn for the worse during the Melee days.

skorne

Smash Rookie
How's it going Smashboards. I'm Skorne. Currently residing in Central Oklahoma looking for local Brawlers in order to enhance my skills and experience.

I am still adjusting to the site and attempting to locate the information I want. Ha.

I have only been playing SSBB for about 18 months or so with friends that have been playing this series since it came out. First character to make sense for me was Sonic of all characters. Now I am working with PT for the last 2 months or so.

Unfortunately we have not found many players close to me so my circle has been fairly closed since none have been able to compete with us. (not saying we are unbeatable just more experienced in the game)

Then last week I had the luxury of meeting an individual by the name "Chuck Nasty" and that experience definitely opened my eyes to some new things. And spanked my ass like a disobedient child LOL.

And thus here I am. Ready to learn and evolve I guess.

Commando

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I think i had another account here for awhile, but i forgot about it and made a new one. Anyways, I've pretty much been lurking here for a few years, but I decided to start posting more to get more involved in the community and improve my game. I play Brawl, but I'm looking for a copy of Melee at the moment. I main Falco, with Kirby as a secondary, and Pikachu as a 3rd. Unfortunately, I wont be able to get a 3DS/Wii U for awhile, which is depressing for me since I really wanna main Mega Man.

Could anyone tell me how to turn on the mobile version of this site? It's not working on my iPod Touch for some reason...

JesteRace

Smash Journeyman
I'm Jesterhead, or Jester, or that kid from the "GINGERS HAVE SOULS" video if he could grow a beard. Pleased to make 74% of your acquaintances. I play Luigi and Link mostly, because I'm too cool for top tier. I'm not going to drag this out, so hope to see that 74% of you around.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I got an account on smashboards about 2 weeks ago and some of you remember me as the guy who announced a bunch of strings for SSBB characters or as I called them combos and tried to get myself widely known as a credited and competent person. Turns out that didn't work out too well. I made a bad impression and I regret most of what I said. That said this thread is mostly an apology but also I want you guys to give me a second chance.

I enrolled in college 3 years ago I also bought SSBB three years ago and I got so caught up in all the hard work that college puts you in. 1 year later I started to bowsercide people constantly online to relieve stress. Some of you might question this method of stress relief but it worked out for me in the end. Fast forward about 4 months idk it is kind of vague to me now because it is a painful memory. I was in a car accident, a bad one. It was entirely not my fault it was a drunk driver but I lost someone that day he was a friend. He was going to join me on smashboards and we were even planning to go to an ssbb tournament together. I should mention that my friend was the one driving the car but now I'm digressing.

After the car accident I took the entire summer off and decided to stop going to college. My mom thought it would be best for me to sit down and just reflect but in hindsight it may have been bad. I spent that entire summer making youtube videos. It was also that summer where I assigned myself with the impossible task of finding multiple combos for all SSBB characters. To be honest I wish my friend would still have been there for me to test out my combos that I was going to present to youtube with me but instead he was gone and I stuck myself in the training room alone with a cpu set to stop and just started finding combos. I now know what I was really finding were strings and there are no true combos in SSBB. I guess there are few exceptions but this is digressing from the topic.

So a year went by and I continued to find and announce what I now know where false combos on youtube and make videos of me bowserciding people constantly. I found it to be a funny and enlightening experience that got me to forget about my loss and start thinking about the future. Now I don't know if you could call it PTSD for what I did that entire summer spending hours uploading gaming videos on youtube. Heck by the time the summer was over I had uploaded over 200 gaming videos to youtube. Now I don't know if I did this out of the experience of a car accident or what not but it happened and it turns out that summer I was very unproductive.

Now back onto the original topic. I set myself on the impossible task of finding combos for all characters in SSBB without any outside assistance just the training room. I suppose I spent my entire summer on youtube because I wanted to leave something in the world to be remembered by probably an effect of the car accident but I'm done talking about that now. So when I joined smashboards 2 weeks ago I was hoping to announce all the strings I had discovered in the training room and announced on youtube.

We all know how that turned out though. I accepted little criticism when people told me that DI and techrolling made most of my supposed combos ineffective. And even though I tried to emphasize I was only trying to help I had come to smashboards far too late. There was already loads of content on this subject and even if I did join this forum 3 years ago it wouldn't have made much of a difference because of the stuff I mentioned above and the stupid task of trying so hard to find combos for all SSBB characters.

It is obvious I am not the best brawler by any means. I never even knew about ceiling teching, SDI, momentum cancelling, or much else of any of the competitive techniques until I decided to do some research. Which I have done this past week which is why I have been away from smashboards. To be honest I don't think my friend did either we were both fairly intermediate gunhoe players of SSBB we wouldn't have lasted too long in a tournament even if he was still here with me right now.

So I am sorry for all the trouble I have caused. I know I got off on the wrong foot with you guys but I hope that now you know my story you will welcome me back with open arms. I know I have made a few mistakes and frankly we all make mistakes. I just want a second chance at this, I am still a very competitive brawler. I still main as Lucario. I don't think I ever want to go to a tournament though because I know my weight class. Now I am looking to improve my weight class of course so even though I wouldn't mind a few helpful tips on DI, SDI, momentum cancelling, ceiling teching, or tech rolling in this thread either.

Be respectful guys. Don't be aggro by what I have presented in this thread. I was only trying to help in the beginning by presenting those brawl strings and though my help was misguided in a way it was still done with the best intention I assure you of that. I am a good person and I just want to make friends on the forum that's pretty much it. I appreciate you guys pointed out how inexperienced I was though because man when I took the time took look into all those acronyms you were throwing at me man did I learn a lot more about SSBB and its unique language LOL.

Anyways I think I have talked long enough. I apologize for how we all got off on the wrong foot and I hope we can all move on and become friends on this forum. I am still a viable smash player so don't count me out. Please share your thoughts on what I have said. And NO I AM NOT erasing the videos I put up on youtube where I presented those "false" brawl combos. Frankly I still find the videos to be funny and something to reflect on so yeah they will stay up. Besides those videos are mostly about the bowserciding anyway not the "false" combos I presented in them. If you want to check out the videos then you know the youtube username to look for same as it is on this forum.

Stay fresh and Keep on smashing!

Foxy-Kun

Smash Rookie
Hi, im Wyatt. call me Foxy though.

I've always been a hardcore Melee fan, so here I am.

UmaG.

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody im UmaG been a fan of the SSB series since being 5 and playing with my cousin on N64 I own all SSB I mostly play Brawl cause it's the most common for tournament's near me. I have no main characters I use everybody but If I had to pick a favorite it would be Kirby :D. I am not "pro" at Brawl reason why I came here to be mentored and to learn tips and tricks to become a better player. I do have some tournament experience attending 5 Brawl tournaments being 3rd place 3 times 2nd place one and 4th place once. I will try to be active to find out new info on the SSB4 game and also on brawling new people P.S if anybody in the Miami Area knows of any tournaments hmu :D

VFox

Smash Rookie
Hi guys! I'm VFox, but usually go as Velvet Fox.
I made this account a few weeks ago, but haven't really done anything with it until now. Like most people, the reason why I made this account is because of the new Smash Bros.
I mostly play Yoshi, Pikachu, and Kirby. Yoshi was and still is my main ever since the first Smash.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello and welcome SirBrickingtonCrushworthy, NES Falchion, Ronmasta, ItBeVoltage, RyXyu, PrincessAzula, SilverSoul, Coffee009, Nito LR, BrokenTimePiece, skorne, Commando, JesteRace, The White Bowser, Foxy-Kun, UmaG. and VFox!

Sorry for the late welcome to some but I hope you've been enjoying the site and layout. If you happen to have any questions regarding the site, feel free to ask me for assistance.

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Hey im extremechiton
Ive been a fan of smash since the n64
Although i never owned a gamecube so im not familiar about melee
Brawl is my favorte installment so far. Joined the forums because im excited for the new super smash bros for wii u / 3ds

My main is kirby
My second is zero suit samus
Third is lucas
I also do well with falco charizard zelda pit toon link wolf jigglypuff and diddy kong

i have a youtube channel where i upload casual matches with my college buddies http://www.youtube.com/extremechiton
I also have a second channel collaborated with some other friends where mainly do brawl but also nintendoland. http://www.youtube.com/thetriumphanttrio

TheDeadButler

Smash Rookie
Hello wonderful people of this fine forum!

I'm TheDeadButler, I've been a fan of the Smash Bros. Series since the N64 when I came across in a second hand shop when I was 5-6 and after getting used to the c buttons being used to jump I fell in love. I got Melee and ecstatic when I unlocked Mewtwo (he was my favourite Pokemon when it came out). I wasn't even aware of Brawl's existence until I saw it on a store shelf and I instantly fell in love with the gameplay (save for the tripping of course) and the Pokemon Trainer became one of my favourite characters in the series. I've been pretty scrubby during the majority of my time with Smash (level 7-8 CPUs were about as hard as I could get) and I had no knowledge of anything like teching or even using grabs and dodges all that often but that changed when I came across a certain game on the PS3.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was a game that I was thoroughly excited for, the hype was built really well and I was already sold on the idea of characters like Jak and Spike duking it out. Sadly the game didn't deliver on it's promises with an unstable netcode and balance that makes Mugen look good, after the game was handed to SSM I kinda started to drift away from it and Melee started replacing some of the time I usually spent on PSASBR, luckily I had chosen a low tier in Jak so I had learned all kinds of new ways to fight and since I'd done alright with Jak I thought I'd use the character who reminded me of him the most; Link. The day I first got back into Melee was the first time I ever beat a Level 9 CPU in a fair fight.

With my little slice of history out of the way I guess I'll say a little about myself. I'm a 16 year old high school living in Australia, I enjoy anime and playing my guitar [badly]. I'm also known as Leran on the All-Star Arena forums as a Jak main and one of the last people who actually use low tier characters at all. In Smash I don't really have a true main but I lean more toward Link in Melee and Brawl and don't really bother playing 64 any more. I joined these forums mainly because I want to get at least at a passable skill level at Smash games and hopefully find some people to play against, even if it's with the wonderful netcode that is Brawl

Well I think that's all for now, I look forward to becoming a member of this community and if you read all that then you should probably go to bed considering how long it would've taken you to read all of this.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Hello and all that stuff!

I always love to watch videos of people playing Nintendo games and such while I'm busy doing other things. After a while I ran into a series called "smashin sundays" where 4 people fight each other in all 3 of the Super Smash Bros. games. From there I decided to watch some more competitive videos, and found Izaw's Link, and it interested me because he makes the character look much faster in brawl than he ever was in Melee which wanted me to get better at the game again. Which lead me to going onto smashboards because I hear people mention smashboards quite often in smash videos. Since I wanted to see what other people talk about, and maybe to learn some things.
Sometime many years from now I plan to make videos similar to smashin sundays, but grabbing people and the equipment for that is going to take some time. To me, there's nothing better in life than being in a group of friends playing you favorite game talking about your favorite characters. It's nice to have videos so people can experience that whenever they want to.

Most of my Super Smash Bros. experience comes from playing Super Smash Bros. Melee. Sometimes I like to have Super Smash Bros. videos playing in another window while I do stuff on my computer. Unfortunately most people I know are not interested in video games, so 1 vs 3 was very common whenever people did want to try playing the game (level 9 computers filling in any slots) or just having some lazy matches when it's a 2 vs 2 with humans vs computers.

Marth and Link are my favorite characters on the Melee roster. Samus and Fox would be my next favorites. However, I use all characters to keep things interesting and so I always know how each one works and what different types of playstyles each one can use.

I do not own N64 or Brawl sadly. I do plan to get them someday though. I have played both of them for a few minutes at friends houses though.
N64 I wish to play so i know the roots of the Smash Bros. games.

Brawl has a lot of new characters that I wish to play.
Meta Knight is a character I was hoping for ever since melee because he is my favorite nintendo character for a lot of reasons, so I plan to main him in all future smash games. If he's removed for SSB4 then he retains his legacy of being the toughest opponent in every game he is in (since apparently he's "broken" in Brawl). If he comes back (even if he's nerfed heavily) then I get to play him even more so it's a win win either way.
Charizard will probably be my 2nd main because I love the character so much.

Wolf, Pit, Lucario, R.O.B., Snake, Sonic all look incredibly fun to play. Excluding Sonic + Snake I love those characters a lot as well (I still like Snake+sonic more than most of the other characters in the roster though).

I don't post very often, because I have a tendency to make long posts (I have gotten better about not doing that but it still happens). So expect me to be lurking often.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey im extremechiton
Ive been a fan of smash since the n64
Although i never owned a gamecube so im not familiar about melee
Brawl is my favorte installment so far. Joined the forums because im excited for the new super smash bros for wii u / 3ds

My main is kirby
My second is zero suit samus
Third is lucas
I also do well with falco charizard zelda pit toon link wolf jigglypuff and diddy kong

i have a youtube channel where i upload casual matches with my college buddies http://www.youtube.com/extremechiton
I also have a second channel collaborated with some other friends where mainly do brawl but also nintendoland. http://www.youtube.com/thetriumphanttrio
Hello wonderful people of this fine forum!

Hello and welcome to SWF Chiton!

Cool to see you have a variety of characters in Brawl. If you ever stream stuff, you can post your stuff on the main page as a link for others to see. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me for assistance.

Once again, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay.

I'm TheDeadButler, I've been a fan of the Smash Bros. Series since the N64 when I came across in a second hand shop when I was 5-6 and after getting used to the c buttons being used to jump I fell in love. I got Melee and ecstatic when I unlocked Mewtwo (he was my favourite Pokemon when it came out). I wasn't even aware of Brawl's existence until I saw it on a store shelf and I instantly fell in love with the gameplay (save for the tripping of course) and the Pokemon Trainer became one of my favourite characters in the series. I've been pretty scrubby during the majority of my time with Smash (level 7-8 CPUs were about as hard as I could get) and I had no knowledge of anything like teching or even using grabs and dodges all that often but that changed when I came across a certain game on the PS3.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was a game that I was thoroughly excited for, the hype was built really well and I was already sold on the idea of characters like Jak and Spike duking it out. Sadly the game didn't deliver on it's promises with an unstable netcode and balance that makes Mugen look good, after the game was handed to SSM I kinda started to drift away from it and Melee started replacing some of the time I usually spent on PSASBR, luckily I had chosen a low tier in Jak so I had learned all kinds of new ways to fight and since I'd done alright with Jak I thought I'd use the character who reminded me of him the most; Link. The day I first got back into Melee was the first time I ever beat a Level 9 CPU in a fair fight.

With my little slice of history out of the way I guess I'll say a little about myself. I'm a 16 year old high school living in Australia, I enjoy anime and playing my guitar [badly]. I'm also known as Leran on the All-Star Arena forums as a Jak main and one of the last people who actually use low tier characters at all. In Smash I don't really have a true main but I lean more toward Link in Melee and Brawl and don't really bother playing 64 any more. I joined these forums mainly because I want to get at least at a passable skill level at Smash games and hopefully find some people to play against, even if it's with the wonderful netcode that is Brawl

Well I think that's all for now, I look forward to becoming a member of this community and if you read all that then you should probably go to bed considering how long it would've taken you to read all of this.
Hello and welcome to SWF Butler!

That's great to hear you're really into the Smash series and have tried other games of the genre. Had to have you a part of this site and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay.

Hello and all that stuff!

I always love to watch videos of people playing Nintendo games and such while I'm busy doing other things. After a while I ran into a series called "smashin sundays" where 4 people fight each other in all 3 of the Super Smash Bros. games. From there I decided to watch some more competitive videos, and found Izaw's Link, and it interested me because he makes the character look much faster in brawl than he ever was in Melee which wanted me to get better at the game again. Which lead me to going onto smashboards because I hear people mention smashboards quite often in smash videos. Since I wanted to see what other people talk about, and maybe to learn some things.
Sometime many years from now I plan to make videos similar to smashin sundays, but grabbing people and the equipment for that is going to take some time. To me, there's nothing better in life than being in a group of friends playing you favorite game talking about your favorite characters. It's nice to have videos so people can experience that whenever they want to.

Most of my Super Smash Bros. experience comes from playing Super Smash Bros. Melee. Sometimes I like to have Super Smash Bros. videos playing in another window while I do stuff on my computer. Unfortunately most people I know are not interested in video games, so 1 vs 3 was very common whenever people did want to try playing the game (level 9 computers filling in any slots) or just having some lazy matches when it's a 2 vs 2 with humans vs computers.

Marth and Link are my favorite characters on the Melee roster. Samus and Fox would be my next favorites. However, I use all characters to keep things interesting and so I always know how each one works and what different types of playstyles each one can use.

I do not own N64 or Brawl sadly. I do plan to get them someday though. I have played both of them for a few minutes at friends houses though.
N64 I wish to play so i know the roots of the Smash Bros. games.

Brawl has a lot of new characters that I wish to play.
Meta Knight is a character I was hoping for ever since melee because he is my favorite nintendo character for a lot of reasons, so I plan to main him in all future smash games. If he's removed for SSB4 then he retains his legacy of being the toughest opponent in every game he is in (since apparently he's "broken" in Brawl). If he comes back (even if he's nerfed heavily) then I get to play him even more so it's a win win either way.
Charizard will probably be my 2nd main because I love the character so much.

Wolf, Pit, Lucario, R.O.B., Snake, Sonic all look incredibly fun to play. Excluding Sonic + Snake I love those characters a lot as well (I still like Snake+sonic more than most of the other characters in the roster though).

I don't post very often, because I have a tendency to make long posts (I have gotten better about not doing that but it still happens). So expect me to be lurking often.
That's a very drawn out and well done introduction. Welcoome to SWF Keeshu!

Though you say you'll be lurking, please let me know if you have any questions regarding the site.

I hope you enjoy the site and continue to post.

10GoLPPTsO

Smash Rookie
Hey~

My tag is Vizar from Puerto Rico, I play competitive Smash since 2008(Brawl cuz i suck in melee xD)

I'm moving to Worcester, Massachusetts & i want to find people that play over there. Don't know if this is the right thread but yeah.

This is me vs DOOM!(Really good Snake player from PuertoRico) i don't have many videos on YT xD --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI_4arDW85w (Kirby) & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjRh5Wurrnw (DDD not one of my mains but i know how to use it a little bit)

I main, Kirby & Falco.

Sorry for my crappy grammar, i suck on english lol.

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. I'm Waterwraith. You can call me Wraith if you like.

Even though I've been playing Smash ever since the release of Melee, I still lean more towards casual play rather than competitive. Still, I think this place seems to be a great place to discuss my favorite game series.

\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom