• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiGamer1991

Smash Rookie
Hello there :D

My name is WiiGamer1991, but some call me Mr. G(by my brawl profile). I have stepped away from the SSBB competitive scene for awhile now . And now I'm looking to get back in, so I figured that this would be the best place to start. A few things about me:

• I'm 20 years old
  • I go to college
  • Live in the USA

Thats all I got right now, I'm pretty shy, so pm me if you want to know anything else:awesome:

EpicXne0n

Smash Rookie
Hi guys my names Levi but you can just call me epic neon i love super smash brothers brawl and want to be apart of this awesome community!

ryulord_678

Smash Cadet
Hi im ryulord, aka darklord.
I play smash brothers melee, and my mains are ice climbers and peach.
Just looking to have some fun and maybe play with some people!

-rl

Hobo4rizzle

Smash Rookie
Sup my name is Andrew, I play Falco, Olimar and have a few others. From Long Beach NY (On Long Island)
I'm looking to get into the Long Island smash scene, but I don't have any idea who's around here.

Eicke

Smash Rookie
Name's Eicke (Eye' - key) --real name. I'm in the University of Wyoming area. A friend of mine with a PHD in everything Falco has used this site, so I've started to browse it on tips for the characters I use. There are a few characters that I use at least once each time I play Brawl, but I'm most consistently good with Sheik and Pokemon Trainer. I would play Melee and vanilla more often, but most of my friends can't stand the physics.

Mr. Vinderack

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'm Mr. Vinderack! I usually go by Mr. V or Vindy, though.

I really want to become a great Luigi!

I brawl competitively, but never forget the most important thing is fun (unless it's for money)!

I really am looking out to become one of the best out there, even though right now I'm not so great. :).

Great Luigis:

YoshQ
Boss
Blayd

Ultra_(MQJ3)

Smash Cadet
NNID
WALI78
3DS FC
3368-2165-5005
Hi, I'm Ultra. Real name's Michael. It's nice to finally sign up on here after viewing threads as a visitor every now and then. I'm obviously here because I share the common interest of the site: Smash Bros. Who knew? xD

Well, just a little bit about myself. I play brawl online quite a bit. I've been on Allisbrawl for almost two years, I believe, and like to think of myself as at least decent at Smash. Never been to any offline tournaments though, as transportation is an issue for me. My mains in Brawl are Wolf and Yoshi. I also enjoy playing quite a few others in friendlies. Play me sometime!

If you're interested in meeting me or anything or giving me any type of advice about the site (since it's very new to me), please check out my profile and contact me. It would be nice to meet all you peoples!

Genocide

Smash Rookie
Hello my name is Gage Goodman. I go by Genocide or vVv Genocide in eSports. I have played Super Smash Brothers series for a number of years, but never have owned Brawl. I have gotten away from playing the series and want to start up again. I have been playing a lot of xbox lately but am starting to get burned out on it. The SSBB community sounds like it has a lot of cool and great people within the community. I hope I fit in and have fun.

the_randomizer

Smash Rookie
Hi! The name's "the_randomizer" and I'm a big SSBB fan! I've been using texture and music hacks for roughly a year now and I really enjoy doing it! I haven't created any on my own, but I might in the near future! Glad to be part of these forums!

san_kart

Smash Rookie
Hi heres some stuff about me ;)

Hey guys!!!! I finally found a forum dedicated to smash !! :D I´m really happy about this!
So i know my username is san_kar, but people usually call me silver or "Plata". I started brawling again 3 months ago because I was getting prepared to win an event which i became very dispointed because SSBB was not displayed as a tournament.
So I will just keep getting better.
My main characters are: Fox and DK.
Secondary: Ness lucas jigglypuff, yoshi, toon link, ice climbers and ganadorf.
I consider myself playing with a good technique.
And right now,I´m in a process in making smash videos, i have about 120 3min vids saved in my SD. All of great K0s and combos.
Ill let you knwo when I start uploading my videos.
Thank you very much and I´m looking forward to have an AWESOME time playing
(DC) Silver

hav0k

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I'm hav0k and I'm happy to be a part of Smashboards now!

My favorite games are Mario, Zelda, and Fire Emblem. I like to play with every character, but Toon Link and Marth are the ones that I have the most fun playing with.

I absolutely love Brawl and know about all the advanced techniques the game has to offer. Unfortunately I just came to college so I don't have my Wii with me. Still, I can't wait to meet and play you guys!

Link Finix

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone my name is Link Finix, and i have a smash addiction!

In all seriousness, i enjoy smash but until the Wii game out i missed the original smash bros because of the controller. I joined up here because it seemed like a site where i can just enjoy myself having a conversation about smash or even other games, and in the same second find a competitive match.

I'm no pro at the game but I fully believe in the better the challenge the better you will get and the computer just is not doing it anymore, anyways nice to meet you all and I hope not to disappoint anyone while i'm here.

zmx

Smash Lord
Hello everyone my name is Link Finix, and i have a smash addiction!

In all seriousness, i enjoy smash but until the Wii game out i missed the original smash bros because of the controller. I joined up here because it seemed like a site where i can just enjoy myself having a conversation about smash or even other games, and in the same second find a competitive match.

I'm no pro at the game but I fully believe in the better the challenge the better you will get and the computer just is not doing it anymore, anyways nice to meet you all and I hope not to disappoint anyone while i'm here.
Wow, you sound just like me a few months back. I joined because I wanted to get better at the competitive level and like you said, level 9 cpus just don't do the trick. If you want to set up matches with people post in the first topic. I and others will be happy to play with you.

Luckily for you most people here are not ZOMGUBERPRO like you'll find on allisbrawl. You'll probably find at least some people around your skill level (or lower). But I agree that the best and fastest way to get better is to play with people better than you.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
Luckily for you most people here are not ZOMGUBERPRO like you'll find on allisbrawl.
O.O interesting....
*is now going to get an AIB account to test this theory*

EDIT: I thought this was arena lol... I fail...

onyxchief1

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone just joined the board today... been a super fan of the 64 Smash Bros and Melee just recently got a wii and of course the new Brawl... Excited to join a forum dedicated to this game... Can't wait to read more and get to know everyone !

iConfused

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I just made an account, like a few seconds ago xD, but I'm looking to getting into smash bros and just playing a lot with other people who are as into it as I am. Hopefully I'll go to events and meet people soon enough, until then I'll be figuring out the ropes...

CowboyFromHell

Smash Apprentice
I am Dethfreezy. This is one of my first times posting, but I've been lurking around the boards for a little while. I've been playing since the good ol' N64 days. In Melee I mained Jigglypuff, Falcon and Donkey Kong. In Brawl I main Luigi, Wario, and Donkey Kong. Hey guys =P

zmx

Smash Lord
I am Dethfreezy. This is one of my first times posting, but I've been lurking around the boards for a little while. I've been playing since the good ol' N64 days. In Melee I mained Jigglypuff, Falcon and Donkey Kong. In Brawl I main Luigi, Wario, and Donkey Kong. Hey guys =P
Luigi, Wario and DK........that is not a combination I've heard of before. Looking forward to playing you sometime.

zmx

Smash Lord
Hello everyone, I just made an account, like a few seconds ago xD, but I'm looking to getting into smash bros and just playing a lot with other people who are as into it as I am. Hopefully I'll go to events and meet people soon enough, until then I'll be figuring out the ropes...
If you have a decent online connection you'll be able to play and meet with a lot of people here. You don't have to wait until some event comes up. Just post in the arena topic when you want to play.

Kalderon

Smash Rookie
Kal's Introduction

I doubt many people read this thread, but I figured I might as well introduce myself here anyway. I'll give an overview of my smash experience, even though it's probably in more depth than anyone actually cares about. At any rate, I've been playing smash since it first came out. I've been blessed with many siblings that love video games, so I've primarily played with them. I've played each of the three games as they've come out. Back when SSB 64 first came out, I was a lot younger (obviously), so I wasn't that great. My family (myself included) labeled spikes (ie Kirby's Dair or Up B) as "cheap," so they were rarely used; the same with edgehogging. The past few years, it has become more acceptable in my family, probably because it is harder to do in Brawl/Melee. In my dorm my first year at college, there were a group (6+?) of us that played SSB 64, then Melee, then Brawl together pretty often. I like playing with items on, but my brother does not, so I've had to accept his rules (or else he won't play :(), but it's all good. It may be interesting to note that I never used tilts, only smashes, grabs, aerials, B attacks, and the occasional regular A. I guess I didn't need to mention all the other things, since that pretty much covers all possibilities. Also, I never comboed in any of the Smash games. It was always about doing the most damage in one hit, or knocking them off and then edge guarding.

A couple months ago, as I was playing SSB 64 against my brother, he mentioned something about teching. My response was: "What's teching? O_o" He explained what it was, and it turns out that I had been accidentally doing it occasionally. I then started to purposefully tech and can now do it most of the time. What followed was many, many hours of looking at strategies and videos of the top players (yes, Isai, and others). I also came across the Learning Curve thread here (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=50864). This was funny (and a little sad) to me, as I had been stuck at the 3B phase (more or less) for....10 years? However, now, a whole new world has been opened to me.

I am really interested in getting better at Smash, particularly SSB 64, as that is my favorite. I can't wait to continue practicing short hopping, teching, and z-canceling until they become second nature. In addition, I need to work on comboing; I've gotten a bit better, but there's still a long way to go. I would love to be able to play with other people, but I refuse to do something illegal against a franchise that I love so very much, even though being able to play online would be so great. I can't play Brawl online because, at least at the moment, I do not have a Wii. I hope to be able to attend some events and get to know others in the Smash community face-to-face. I really look forward to getting better and learning from the more experienced players.

CoOkIcRumZ

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone Im new here, just joined today..
I always play smash bros with my buddies and thought I was good enough to seek out an online community, I guess I'll see huh?
I hope to meet tons of new people here!

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm Smockers. I main Peach in both SSBM and SSBB because she's just that fabulous. I'd like to think I'm okay at Smash. I've never really met anybody who plays the games seriously so that has been a roadblock in my growth as a player unfortunately. :( Plus, I'm too young (14) to go to tournaments and such. I've always lurked, but I thought I might as well join Smashboards to be able to put myself out there and brawl with new people. Level 9s and people on Wi-Fi Basic Brawl just don't cut it anymore. :grin: Thanks!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
14 isn't too young for attending tourneys offline, so long as they're within a negotiable vicinity. You're probably just on parental restriction, which is prevalent assumption.

In tangent, welcome to the boards, mate! Hope you're able to learn and incorporate mcuh from what they have to offer. Enjoy yourself, feel at ease.
:pinkiepie:

SRBall

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, SRBall here. I've heard about this website but chose now to actually join it. I have SSBB and SSBM and never owned but played SSB64 all the time. I play both competitively and for fun, because that's what this game is all about. I main with: Marth, TL and Fox. I like to use Capt falcon and Samus though I'm not great with them. PM for my friend code and we'll brawl sometime. I look forward to my time here on the forum and brawling with you guys.

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
14 isn't too young for attending tourneys offline, so long as they're within a negotiable vicinity. You're probably just on parental restriction, which is prevalent assumption.

In tangent, welcome to the boards, mate! Hope you're able to learn and incorporate mcuh from what they have to offer. Enjoy yourself, feel at ease.
That, and as I don't know anyone IRL who plays Smash competitively (let alone enough to want to go to a tournament), I would just be an awkward little 14-year-old by myself there amongst what seems like an already-developed community. Plus, I wouldn't want to embarrass myself and waste my time if I don't even have enough experience yet at this age as well, another reason I'm not so fond of the idea. I do know that being apart of these forums will help me though. :) Thanks for the warm welcome!

zmx

Smash Lord
That, and as I don't know anyone IRL who plays Smash competitively (let alone enough to want to go to a tournament), I would just be an awkward little 14-year-old by myself there amongst what seems like an already-developed community. Plus, I wouldn't want to embarrass myself and waste my time if I don't even have enough experience yet at this age as well, another reason I'm not so fond of the idea. I do know that being apart of these forums will help me though. :) Thanks for the warm welcome!
Playing online is a great way to get better and meet new people via friend codes. It can also give you a feel as to the sort of competition you'd be up against but your bound to find people at your level as well. You could try posting in the arena thread. And don't worry, there are newcomers all the time at tourny scene. A lot of people are friendly and welcoming.

Johnny12

Smash Rookie
Newcomer...anyway

Well, hi there, I'm Johnny12... Aparrently. Um, it's just that I had been waiting for 2 years to connect my wii to internet and now I find no one :(. That's all. And um, I think I don't know what to do, I would die to play online with other guys.

Hope you understand me...

I also believe I'm a great Mario player. Someone help me prove it?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well, that's dependent on your location, and whether or not you're willing to attempt a search for Smashers in your area/region (whichever you're permitted).
Also, you get experience from playing others, regardless of whether you win or lose. It's always nice to get to play others you can relate to irl, and it most definitely provides benefit to meet them as well. Wifi isn't a bad option, but I wouldn't recommend excessive amounts.
Still, choose whatever you prefer, I was just applying my >opinions

Well, hi there, I'm Johnny12... Aparrently. Um, it's just that I had been waiting for 2 years to connect my wii to internet and now I find no one :(. That's all. And um, I think I don't know what to do, I would die to play online with other guys.

Hope you understand me...

I also believe I'm a great Mario player. Someone help me prove it?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275524
Try the Arena to find matches. If you ever get replays, up online, you can request critique here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303935

Hope you enjoy yourself, and warmest of welcomes to Smash World Forums!

Mateo113

Smash Rookie
Totally missed this thread when I made my first post as I'm still trying to navigate around these boards. Too much brawl stuff haha. Anywho just wanted to say hi, I'm a newer Melee player and just recently got into trying to reach a competitive level of play, I don't mean like actually competing in tournaments but I mean learning to be proficient in advanced techniques like wave dashing shuffling etc. like an actually decent player. Compared to most of the people on this board I suck but I am slowly getting L cancelling down and basically have short hop and SHL down and just recently learned to recover off the edge with an attack (I like Back air), oh I forgot to mention that my main is Falco so I am definitely trying to learn a lot more techniques with him and my second char is Falcon who is so fun to play. If anyway feels like giving me advice feel free to pm and I'll make a thread about my Falco and Falcon game soon.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Don't worry, Mateo, you'll get better. I used to suck at SHFFLing, but now I'm getting the hang of it. I got SLing down, I'm pretty good at incorporating wavedashing into my game, even though I use tap jump, and I'm pretty decent (but definitely not tourney material just yet lol). I just gotta learn to incorporate dash dancing more, and find more actual players that aren't CPUs, AKA the worst way in history to practice.

Mateo113

Smash Rookie
I'm so happy this forum is actually active. Yeah I wouldn't say I suck at SHFFLING I do it decently with d-air, I'm trying to use n-air more but I usually forget to fast fall with it. D-air is just easier cause your already pressing down in the first place. I feel like the people I play with though it doesn't really matter if I remember to fast fall or not as long as I L-Cancel it works pretty well. I'll have to practice the FF part. Dash dancing is amazing and I definitely need to work on it. I don't know how you learned to incoroporate wave dashing, I was practicing today and I suck at it. I was playing against a CPU just like you haha and I was trying to juggle a fox with shines and wave dashing under him before he got there. I actually don't even know what a tap jump is. I also made a thread in the Falco section so feel free to post there if you want. I gota get rid of these bookmarks all over haha

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Hey, just joined. Nice forums!

I'm mediocre at Brawl, fairly good at Melee and never played 64.

How do you change your signature?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Hey, just joined. Nice forums!

I'm mediocre at Brawl, fairly good at Melee and never played 64.

How do you change your signature?
go to your user cp to change avatar and signature.read up on the rules regrading that first tho.
welcome to the site

Dust

Smash Rookie
What's up! The names Dust. Some people call me dusty, others call me Michael, or that weird dude who's always taking photos during tournaments! el oh el.
Speaking of that; where can I/ should I, post photos from the lone star circuit, and Fall of the Colossus tournaments?
Hey Sync.! You can totally stop whining about me not having an account here now!
:phone:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What's up! The names Dust. Some people call me dusty, others call me Michael, or that weird dude who's always taking photos during tournaments! el oh el.
Speaking of that; where can I/ should I, post photos from the lone star circuit, and Fall of the Colossus tournaments?
Hey Sync.! You can totally stop whining about me not having an account here now!
:phone:
I thought there was something up with my browser, and it was randomly linking me to various parts of the forum.
Welcome, though!

~Hi <3
just started this profile cause i love talking about smash bros.
Welcome to the site!
If you like discussing Smash Brothers, there's a thread up in preparation for the new Smash: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304894
Hope you enjoy yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom