• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olaf, the Blizzard bringing, Bearded Blue Moon CO for Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS DLC

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Olaf is a playable character in the Advance Wars series. He was your first opponent in Advance Wars 1 and the leader of Blue Moon, also he has an epic beard. Anyway why should he be in? Well 1 Advance Wars needs a rep, 2 We have a shortage of Ice users in Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, 3 He has an alt that makes him look like Santa Claus, 4 The beard.

Aesthetics: Olaf is a mid heavy weight fighter who fights with a saber made of ice. He's average height and speaks with a Russian accent.

Animations
Idle- Stands with hands at his side, like in the official artwork.

Idle2- Strokes his beard with his right hand.

Walk- walks slightly with a waddle, like Wario, but mostly normal.

Tiptoe- slowly walks with both arms above his head arching down, as he looks down at the ground.

Run- Runs slightly with a waddle, but mostly normal.

Crouch- Gets down on his belly like a penguin.
Moveset

A Moves
A- Punches with a hook.

AA- Swings his hand back except this time he's holding his ice saber.

SideA- Leans forward and thrusts his ice saber forward.

UpA- Jumps up while holding his ice saber horizontally, with the blade facing upwards.

DownA- Does a little twirl while on his belly, this moves him forward like Dedede's down a.

DashA- Jumps slightly in the air like a penguin on its belly, before landing on the ground and returning to idle.

Smash attacks
Side Smash- Leans back while more icicles form on his saber, then lunges forward with his cooler saber.

Up Smash- Holds his hand up and unleashes an Ice blast which can freeze opponents, works similarly to Mewtwo's up smash.

Down Smash- Plants his saber in the ground while standing, then swings around the saber on his belly.

Air attacks

Grab attacks

ledge/getup attacks

B moves
B- Snowball: Olaf hurls a snowball at the opponent, throws at an angle, can be charged.

Side B- Ice slide:Olaf launches himself forward and slides along the ground like a penguin on ice, dealing damage to opponents.

Up B- Snow Slash: Olaf points his saber upwards and jumps up in an icy column, opponents caught at the tip of the saber will be dragged up with Olaf and be frozen at the end of the move.

Down B- Cold seat: Olaf jumps in the air, pulls out his icy chair, and slams back into the ground, dealing freeze damage to opponents.

Final Smash- WINTER FURY: Olaf summons a blizzard which covers the screen in a snow storm and deals damage to opponents, this final smash cannot be dodged, however opponents who are further away from Olaf won't receive as much damage.

Custom Moves 2?

Custom Moves 3?

Taunts
Up taunt-Pulls out a chair and sits down.

Down taunt- Laughs while patting his belly.

Side taunt- Says Winter is coming, while doing a fake out of his B move.

Victory taunts
Taunt 1- Says I am the shining star of Blue Moon.

Taunt 2- Sings Oh Blue moon! My home and native land.

Taunt 3- Sits in his chair and laughs and say I have brought the snow, victory is mine.

Alts

Note will update more later.

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
As much as I love advanced wars and want it to have recognition, I can't see any advanced wars character working well in smash, or being at all true to the game.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
As much as I love advanced wars and want it to have recognition, I can't see any advanced wars character working well in smash, or being at all true to the game.
Andy and Sami could work well in smash and stay true to the game. Andy could deploy certain units for his specials, and Sami's moveset could be based more around the infantry and mech units ex. Using a rocket launcher for a special, having a special rifle (not realistic) that functions like the infantry's rifle, and her recovery could be a building popping out of the ground and launching her up, like when you capture a building in the game. The other characters would mainly stay true to their characters, Sturm using meteors, and Olaf using ice.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Fights with an ice sabre...

Obligatory joke. :p

:231:
Casual Fans: Lets vote for Olaf the snowman. *votes Olaf in the Smash ballot*
Sakurai sees the overwhelming number of votes for Olaf, decides to give the fans Olaf,
This Olaf

Casual fans::cry: This isn't Olaf!
Sakurai::troll:
Advance Wars fans: Finally we got an Advance Wars character in Smash Bros.

Top Bottom