• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
alright starting next month i'll be holding monthly melee tournaments at mi casa.
just like a 5 dollar entry fee or something, and tons of time for friendlies.
i don't have the time/space for biweeklies, so i figure monthlies will be decent at least.
january one will be on the 8th or 9th.

yep...that's about it. bryan/keroku/anime kids/pv/okc kids/will/etc should all try hard to come to this first one and feel it out/see if i should keep doing it :D

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
alright starting next month i'll be holding monthly melee tournaments at mi casa.
just like a 5 dollar entry fee or something, and tons of time for friendlies.
i don't have the time/space for biweeklies, so i figure monthlies will be decent at least.
january one will be on the 8th or 9th.

yep...that's about it. bryan/keroku/anime kids/pv/okc kids/will/etc should all try hard to come to this first one and feel it out/see if i should keep doing it :D
Awesome! I'll definately come to all of them that I can!

Scud

Smash Apprentice
if you hold it on the 6/7th I may be able to come, if I have recovered from my wisdom teeth being pulled out.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
MGS is actually constructed to where you should play them in release order. playing in chronological order kind of ruins the storyline. :D
you mean they didnt come out w/ original metal gear, and than solid 1 2 3 an d4?

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
I suppose I didn't understand bryans question. I figured they were released in chronological order.

PrettyBoy=Marc

Smash Rookie
Ok I got my girlfriend to hook-up my Wii. Yeah im that lazy!! Now I cant the **** thing connect to my network settings.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm down in Southeast Oklahoma if anyone wants to brawl sometime. I'll be back up in Norman after winter break (OU).
I really hate WiFi, but PM me if you'd like to Brawl. My Wii doesn't travel with me, unfortunately, but I have a little bro who is better. Maybe you can brawl him.
Anyway, just looking for the Oklahoma smash community. Hope you guys can welcome me with open arms.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Sweet. Welcome to the OK smash community chozo! I will be back in norman after winter break too. We all hang out and play brawl at FK1/Typ_ex's house on the weekends usually and Im sure you and your bro will be welcome to come too.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Sweet. My brother is stuck down here at home, I don't know that I can bring him up with me. I'd love to play brawl with you guys though. I actually brawled Typ_ex in the ladder the other day.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
If you have the new slim PS3, then no, none of them will work. However, if you have a previous model, then all of them should work.

Playing MGS and omg this game is so clever. It'd suck if you didn't get it with the CD case, though!

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Hey guys, will you explain in layman's terms how to do SDI and ASDI? I have read threads over these, but I'm more of a visual learner. I tried to look it up on YouTube but couldn't find any tutorials. So, how exactly do you do Smash DI and Automatic Smash DI? What do you do on your controller? Whenever I get hit say to the right, I just point my control stick to the left. I just use common sense. I want to not go to the right, so I point left. =)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
smash DI is using a certain property of DI that is this: inserting your DI as you're getting hit often yields more extreme DI than holding the direction before, during, and after the attack hits you, and timing your DI to apply to the first hit in a multi-hit move. examples include fox's uair (DI'ing towards his front after the first hit in order to only get hit by a weak 2nd fox foot) and doc's up+b (press away during any frame that he hits you and you'll fly out of the attack chain)
ASDI is the same thing but applicable when that above property of DI is not in effect, meaning if you just hold the direction is does the same thing. examples include pichu's forward smash (just hold up) and pikachu's downsmash (hold up!)...i think all of these involve holding up or up+away

that's how i've been led to understand it at least. it shouldn't take much studying, as you probably already try to do the basics of it because the idea is so intuitive. just remember that on multi-hit moves to try to time your DI so that you input it the moment you get hit and you have a chance to escape getting hit by the last part of the attack.

so i think i'm having the first monthly on the 2nd :D
5 dollar entry fee just so there's a reason to be there, and there will also be tons of time for friendlies and teams :D

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, will you explain in layman's terms how to do SDI and ASDI? I have read threads over these, but I'm more of a visual learner. I tried to look it up on YouTube but couldn't find any tutorials. So, how exactly do you do Smash DI and Automatic Smash DI? What do you do on your controller? Whenever I get hit say to the right, I just point my control stick to the left. I just use common sense. I want to not go to the right, so I point left. =)
btw the most basic DI technique would be holding perpendicular to your flight path. For example: if you are hit to the right, you most likely want to hold up. (for survival DI)

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
saw what i need to do to take down mk. and to be honest, i really dont want to do that if that is what's required.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
posts in regional social threads don't count towards your post count. same with meet and greet and a few other subforums.

BRETT WHAT ARE YOU DOING TONIGHT
sorry dudesies, I was asleep when you called. We should hang right after Christmas....

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
HAZY'S HOUSE
SATURDAY, 1/2/10
MELEE MONTHLY AND SMASHFEST
5 DOLLAR ENTRY FEE FOR SINGLES
BRING SETUPS

:D i think that covers everything. if only like 4 to 6 people show we might just keep it to a smashfest. but if 8 or more are here a small cheap tourny sounds cool once a month. help the melee scene here stabilize and grow. so...hope to see will (and any other edmond that may exist)/pv/norman/okc/roy there!

Shoes Magoo

Smash Rookie
You might find this useful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQIy7P7RWo

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's weird how it feels like your DI/SDI improves in Melee after playing Brawl for so long.

Top Bottom