• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
Sucks I can't go. what else is new :p

So, how bout those controls on just the Wii remote? definitely not good controls for most people probably. doesn't look competative friendly either. :(

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Here's a better version w/ life bars:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac5y-MUj0KY

Also Capcom announced that they're working on Street Fighter IV!! Finally!

One last thing, guys... You know if I could go, I would definitely give you all a ride. As it stands right now, there is just no way that I can get Saturday off. Even if I could, we would have to leave IMMEDIATELY after the tourney, because I would have to work Sunday morning at 10AM... So, it's not very likely, unless someone comes up with some reliable cloning technology or time travel equipment...

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I would go to the tourney....but I have too much crap i need to do related to school.
So Kuni are you gonna come this saturday? I asked my parents and they said it was completely fine. When would you be arriving and whatnot?

thechubbss12

Smash Cadet
Ugh... I would deff be attending this Houstan torney if i wasnt going to Kansas this weekend to visit Josh(Irish).....

LOL... i would have loaded up 4 smashers + me for the trip =(....

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well ****, if no one's going then . . .

:/ I can't really pay 80 bucks for a bus ride that doesn't get me back in town in time.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
i miss getting lost with you. <3 :p
That was fun...

Been hanging out on the Brawl Boards... I enjoy talking about Brawl more than I do Melee.

When Brawl comes out (thanks to the FC WiFi), I'll likely be in here more because I'll be practicing with you guys more. Thirty miles (sixty counting the trip back) is a bit of a commute for daily Smash fests.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I will most likely be making daily trips online once Brawl is out. I'll be sure to post all my FC info and availability as well... This will definitely aid in the training.

However, don't expect to see me actually trying to BEAT people for at least a couple of months... I gotta have fun with this game first and foremost...

and Ferro de Lupe, how can you STAND the Brawl boards? If ever there were a cesspool of idiocy and elitism, it is in that wretched place...

Son-of-a-*****!!! Little Mac CONFIRMED as a god****ed Assist Trophy! All my hopes and dreams of pummleing people with the pipsqueak pugilist are now popped like a pimple...

Well, I've got one new character left that I want to see get in as a playable fighter...

COME ON, GENO!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
and Ferro de Lupe, how can you STAND the Brawl boards? If ever there were a cesspool of idiocy and elitism, it is in that wretched place...
I enjoy shooting down the elites and out-smarting the idiots.

See ya'll in the morning.

Gravity

Smash Ace
yeah...its pretty gay. that combined with mei lings new voice is kinda pissing me off actually.

in other news, its a great feeling when you finally find out the name of a song youve been looking for for over 2 and half years....through random chance too.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, Houston peeps... I'm not going to be able to make this tourny.:( For three reasons:

1: My car is unreliable and I'm not going to risk driving down to Houston.

2: ****load of schoolwork over the fall break -____-

3: The bus...no...I don't want to rely on someone I don't know to get me back to where I need to be before this or that time.

I'll try to make it to your next monthly TGM, I just need to know far in advance so I can get a plane ticket down there that doesn't cost $465 -_____-.

Also Ronnie, how do you want me to send the money?

Shade_

Smash Ace
No, probably not this weekend, but starting the weekend after next im pretty sure i'll have to stay at your house if its ok.

TGM

Smash Lord
Sadly, Houston peeps... I'm not going to be able to make this tourny.:( For three reasons:

1: My car is unreliable and I'm not going to risk driving down to Houston.

2: ****load of schoolwork over the fall break -____-

3: The bus...no...I don't want to rely on someone I don't know to get me back to where I need to be before this or that time.

I'll try to make it to your next monthly TGM, I just need to know far in advance so I can get a plane ticket down there that doesn't cost $465 -_____-.

Also Ronnie, how do you want me to send the money?
just so you know, im not some one who u dont know. im tgm. and 2ndly, i would never pick up some one from a bus stop and then not return them...thats horrible. 3rdly, my thread ha sbeen up since sept 29. that was WAY in advance.

send SE money thru certified mail or transfer it thru online accounts.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
TGM, I wasn't referring to you when I said that I didn't want someone I didn't know taking me places and what not. I meant the actual bus driver. From what I've been told the bus usually doesn't follow its schedule so I'd probably get there later than expected and who knows when I would be back in OK. I apologize for the miscommunication.

Also, I don't check smashboards that often and if I do its just the OK thread. So I really didn't know much about your tourny until you came and told us about it. I thought we had it all planned out that Brandon was going to take us down there but that plan backfired. I then checked out how much it would cost to get a plane ticket down there.

TGM

Smash Lord
this is from gimpys buddies who were with him at E for All::

don't know what people know, but i just talked to Gimpy and some Oregon people on the phone who have been playing a Brawl demo setup for 1v1 with the classic controller, here's what they've said so far:

no wavedashing and no wavelanding

airdodging is like how we predicted, just go with momentum,

Fox can SH triple laser.
Fox can jump out of shine, but it requires that you hold down and B, you can't let go or he'll go into a different animation, hold down and b and then jump.

Bowser is hardcore.
Claw is ridiculous
Bowser will probably be top tier
Up+B out of shield is same, just as powerful.

Samus has a dark suit red visor, Fusion suit, Sonic costumes are recolors of blue, Fox has a starwolf outfit. Diddy Kong has Dixie Kong outfit without the hair, Bowser has a golden costume, made out of gold.

Mario's fsmash is so slow,

Samus can't missile cancel, animation doesn't stop, hard to do though.
Bomb jumping is tough, hitting bombs not directly on top of them knocks you to the side.
If you die as zero suit, you stay as zero suit, you can't automatically be zero suit like changing from Zelda to Sheik at the beginning of a round.

Samus charged shot isn't strong, peach was shot with it fully charged at 87% didn't kill.

Can catch edge even if you're facing wrong way, edgehogging is easy. Edgehogging will be the new edgeguard of choice, characters ‘click’ to it.

Peach is nerfed.
Peach’s dsmash is nerfed, no range
Float canceling not sure
Peach seems heavier

Sonic, not as good as you expect
moves don't have much knockback, kind of 'loose',
all the new chars, he's least popular, hardest learning curve

Do an aerial that has forward momentum and when you land it’s almost the same as a waveland. Certain moves / aerials have less friction/traction,

DI is more pronounced, you can get out of stuff a lot easier, takes knockback easier, can survive until 150.

L-canceling is not in as far as we can tell.

How does the game feel: Feels slower, definitely, on classic, feels awkward, accidentally jump alot, can't SH on the wiimote, everyone is so floaty. Brawl plays really differently, it’s awkward for now because not used to it. Not a lot of lag for moves, maybe lag lowered for sake of demo.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Bah, that's lame about no wavedashing and L-cancelling, but I still want to play Brawl.

I hope they release a publicly-obtainable demo later in the year or something :x

plasman

Smash Apprentice
I've been wondering this for a long time and this news brings it even closer to mind. Will Brawl be as tournament-worthy as Melee? If so, will it just require adapting to a different engine/setup or what have you? (I think I know part of the answer the the second one now, Brawl sounds like it'll be a bit of a change) I still think the game will be tons of fun to play but I am concerned about it also being a game people can turn to for competitive play.

Gravity

Smash Ace
o....m.....g......

no..................missile cancelling.

and....did anyone say anything about snake?

the exclusion of wavedashing and l canceling, i predict, will create a divide between those who stay with melee and those who move on to brawl. im tihnking melee will stay competitive. id rather play brawl for fun and snake though, but from what ive gathered so far, i will never leave melee, as long as i play any form of smash.

i just think theres going to be alot of pros who end up dodging right off the ground, or whatever happens when you try to WD.

also,
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

DOWN SMASH IS NERFED FOR PEACH

basically, if it werent for snake i probably wouldnt play brawl. at least as far as competition goes.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Snake wasn't in the demo.

Anyway, Brawl looks like it'll be really fun to play. I mean, yeah, wavedashing isn't in it and such, but just the freshness of the experiences sounds like it'll be fun.

I hope they keep Marth in, though, because Ike sounds rather disappointing :ohwell:

And lol @ the pros already discovering new techniques and naming them.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
*New reporter desk appears out of the ground with Lupe sitting behind it.*

We inturrupt your regularly scheduled topic for this ground breaking announcment.

GimpyFish's E for All Brawl Report

And, most importantly of all...

Bowser and Fox have completely flipped in the Tier listings. *Cough* Ugh, not that I care about Tiers or anything like that.

Bowser

first off, bowser is better. clearly better.
up b out of sheild is still just as ****, its nice to have that in my back pocket, you CAN fortress cancel, although it seems slower and less useful (also the down slant, sorry guys, but it doesn't seem to work T-T)
flame cancel is in, wtf is that in for LOL i love it
firebreath in general is much faster to activate and much much less laggy (seems a lot of stuff is like that)
his fair is much faster, you can short hop fair and double jump if i'm remembering correctly
his bair is awkward, but likely still as good, i just dont know how to apply it as well just yet
bowser's up air has a MASSIVE decrease in range actuall, but its still WICKED strong, a LOT of my kills were through the up air
bowser's down air is basically the same move
Bowser's grabs are essentially the same, although because of teh floatiness the dthrow seems like its less effective (no real tech chase there lol)
bowser's dash grab has WAY less range T-T
Bowser's klaw is really cool. really really cool. nice little suicide grab if you want to do that (i did a few times XD)
Bowser's down b is better, but still not that great *shrug* you can grab the ledge with it too btw
uhhh...
bowser's better, he doesn't raelly die. LOL

i dont know waht else to post about him, i loved him and i lost like 1 match as him XD
best brawler in the world suckas, definitely teh best bowser n_n

I'm one of the few that can say I was maining Bowser before Boswer was God Tier.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
That pretty absurd to think Brawl will be any less competitive than Melee, or any worse in general. No L-cancelling. No wave dashing. So what. New techniques will be discovered. Remember when Melee just came out?

anyway... Bowser

Top Bottom