• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

TxZero

Smash Cadet
Yo Chris, I just picked up KoFXIII and I'm gonna get to learning this game... Next time I'm in Oklahoma you're gonna have to show me the ropes.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Goddamnit, I just bought Cart Life for 1.99 only to find out, via googling, that it's now a free game . . .

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Josh, when you get the details worked out on that tournament, let me know and I will do everything in my power to be there... I don't have a lot of time on my hands these days, but that is something I will make time for.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Last brief reminders for the Fort Worth Classic tomorrow:

1. If you are bringing a set up, Please show up promptly at 10:30 AM. This will allow us with 30 minutes to ensure everything is okay with the venue before we let the general public in at 11am.

2. You may have noticed that I have crossed out the previous schedule for the last 36 or so hours. This was because someone was flying in from NYC for this tournament, and needed a ride from one of my judges. The matter was resolved without incident, and so the previous schedule was restored.

3. If you are entering Smash 64, Please bring both a gamecube and a N64 controller. I am lost in the amount of set ups people are going to bring for that tournament, and it is best to be prepared.

4. I will bring two extension cords and surge protectors to the tournament. One set is for my PC which I will be bringing, and the other is for the infamous windowed back wall, which has no electricity in front of the windows. I encourage you to at least bring surge protectors to the event so that we can get electricity for the event.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Hey everyone, I'm moving to Norman in about a month and I'm curious about the Smash scene at OU. Is this the place to ask around or is there another thread I should check out?

Jity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitty_009
3DS FC
2363-6509-4817
After all the EVO hype, I'm kind of looking to get into Melee from Brawl myself, so that said I'll definitely be up to play once I'm back at OU in August, either Brawl or Melee.

Jity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitty_009
3DS FC
2363-6509-4817
Well I only somewhat recently got into the competitive aspect, and at that point I figured that the most recent game was the best option. EVO just kind of put Melee into the spotlight for me. :p

melon_bread

Smash Rookie
After all the EVO hype, I'm kind of looking to get into Melee from Brawl myself, so that said I'll definitely be up to play once I'm back at OU in August, either Brawl or Melee.
that's awesome. we play melee at our house all the time. hit me up if you need my dox.

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
Hi Oklahoma!
I travel a LOT for work and go to oklahoma sometimes. If any of you guys would like to play some smash sometime message me and we can plan something out!
Also, I am hosting a tournament August 24th. I am just in Amarillo so its not to far from a good amount of oklahoma locations! HIT ME UP. I can provide housing if needed. Thanks guys :)
Heres the thread. http://smashboards.com/threads/west...ament-august-24th-2013-amarillo-texas.339211/

~Dad~

part time gay dad
I really wish we had a bigger scene here. I want to get into competitive Smash but I really only know one other guy that plays.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Oklahoma_Power_Rankings

LOL these rankings are on some random wiki?

I vaguely even remember Alex's name being dokkoise, and they also put up the rankings that were decided right before I came lol
LOL and Po Pimpus AIN'T ON THAT PR LIST, EITHER... Good God, do I have to beat Ken/Azen/M2K/Mango/Armada/Isai in a survival mode battle, with one arm and a broken controller to be remembered up in this piece?!

*Yes Po is well aware of the running joke of him not being ranked for ****s and giggles despite being one of the most infamous and well-liked members of the OK community*

**He is also aware of the fact that particular ranking was taken at a time when Po himself asked to not be included in said list**

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
もしかしたら、お皆様が暇だったら、カールのお宅で一緒に集まれないでしょうか?一生懸命に練習を行いたいとおもうんですから、良かったらぜひ午後ぐらいシェー和にいらっしゃって下さいませんか?

DualCats

Smash Ace
もしかしたら、お皆様が暇だったら、カールのお宅で一緒に集まれないでしょうか?一生懸命に練習を行いたいとおもうんですから、良かったらぜひ午後ぐらいシェー和にいらっしゃって下さいませんか?

Mae'r gath yn y cartref yn famal bach, fel arfer blewog, dof, a cigysol. Ei enw cath tŷ yn aml pan gadw fel anifail anwes dan do, neu yn syml y gath pan nad oes angen i wahaniaethu oddi wrth eraill felids a felines. Mae cathod yn aml yn cael eu gwerthfawrogi gan bobl am eu cwmnïaeth ac mae eu gallu i hela fermin ac aelwydydd plâu.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
It's because you're spacing positionally like in Brawl as opposed to just spacing super actively, but yeah, I know what you mean. A lot of melee players actually have awful spacing cause they don't understand how to do it correctly cause they're just moving

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
DID U JUST CALL MELEE CLUNKY?

O.o

Your brains broken or somethin...

I'm used to playing a game where I know all of the frames and I can input commands before my previous moves finish because there is input buffer. Now imagine going into a game where you know none of the frames and you can't input things early and maybe you can understand how it feels "clunky" to me. I literally have a hard time moving around sometimes because the physics of the game feels so foreign to me.

Top Bottom