• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Xiroey how many people show up to the OU event?
It varies, really.

Our last tournament must've had around 50 people. But, some can be around 20-30 depending on the time/date/ rewards in the tourney.

Ahh that's cool Xiroey, it's always nice to participate in events, even if they play it strictly at a casual level.

LoL is kinda like an RTS (warcraft) and action RPG (diablo). One of the main game modes is 5v5, you control a single unit while your base sends cpu minions into 3 lanes. The goal is to destroy the enemy nexus deep in their base, surrounded by turrets. You can level up and get gold to purchase items as you defeat other players, minions, monsters in the "jungle" between lanes, turrets, etc.

BTW thx for the DotA2, Alex, time to get serious!

Any1 here plays Halo 4?
Oh, so it's a team/strategy!
Sounds like my kind of game :D

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Everyone here has colored font. Surprised Bryan doesn't have the crimson font.
Nah, I don't want to kill everyone's eyes.

Actually I guess that isn't so bad, but... I'm just not someone who regularly uses a different font color.

Also, I'm definitely going to be at the house today!

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
That's hella expensive to go to.
I'm going to assume that your talking about Hobo 39, because my tournament is happening when Texas is having a Megabus special where tickets are only $1, and plus there isn't a venue fee. The info on the Megabus deal is in the tournament thread.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
I'm going to assume that your talking about Hobo 39, because my tournament is happening when Texas is having a Megabus special where tickets are only $1, and plus there isn't a venue fee. The info on the Megabus deal is in the tournament thread.
as a fellow TO i applaud all of this. go to this shiz guysssssss

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
as a fellow TO i applaud all of this. go to this shiz guysssssss
Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it!

In addition to Mexico, there is a fair amount of interest from Louisiana and someone from Arkansas was also interested. The tournament was only announced a couple days ago, so I imagine interest will only grow. If anyone wants to go, please post in the tournament thread because people get hype when people from out of state say they are going.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
There's like a 50% chance (haven't checked if logistics are favorable) I'll megabus my way to Frisbie's tournament. As long as I don't have to stay a night there, and sleep on my way back to OKC I think i'll be good. Though It'll be MUCH preferred if I go with other OKer's since they are pros at networking... And if I practice Melee in the mean time, I need to get a GC.

edit: GG to Cactuarz in LoL, nothing gets past his support game. DotA2 later tonight hopefully.

DualCats

Smash Ace
There's like a 50% chance (haven't checked if logistics are favorable) I'll megabus my way to Frisbie's tournament. As long as I don't have to stay a night there, and sleep on my way back to OKC I think i'll be good. Though It'll be MUCH preferred if I go with other OKer's since they are pros at networking... And if I practice Melee in the mean time, I need to get a GC.

edit: GG to Cactuarz in LoL, nothing gets past his support game. DotA2 later tonight hopefully.
I have like a gorillion GCs if you want to borrow one.

I might be down to go to the Houston tournament.

What's Watson? Oh right it's your dog!
Do it.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Man, I thought Evo was a tournament circuit like MLG. Well, if I get the summer internship with Raytheon in CA, maybe I can make it there.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I have like a gorillion GCs if you want to borrow one.

awww heck yea! Though I managed to borrow a GC from Chris today, I appreciate to know we have a helping hand here. I'm glad Melee made it into Evo, even tho I only donated a measly $10... I also hope Skullgirls will be able to make it too, since they pulled a whole lot for BCR, plus the stream was HYPE!

GG to ALL game communities involved!

It's kinda difficult to focus on many games at once, but UMvC3, SSBM, LoL, Halo4, and DotA2 are what I'm planning to level up on this month.

edit: and I'm real bad at all of them! ^_^

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
If you're bad at both LoL and DotA 2 but you want to learn both, I'd suggest picking one and ignoring the other for a few months until you're good at one. They're both MOBAs and the basics are fundamentally the same, so it doesn't hurt one to ignore it if you're new to the genre. LoL is easier to learn, so I'd suggest focusing on it for a while.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
We should all learn AE. HOLLA KARL I SEE YOU LURKING

Also I should install LoL some day. If anything cause more people play it than Dota (which is like a good and bad thing cause I figure the ratio of ******** teammates to people worth playing is significantly skewed until my ELO gets up).

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, and I'll be here all day! I'm here right now, in fact.

I feel like chess and Smash are all I really have time for nowadays. I could probably get some LoL in every now and then since I'm already good at it. Maybe I could learn AE but very steadily. I'm also thinking about messing around with Pokemon here and there.

One of the most frustrating things about LoL is the ratio of stupid teammates. One of the secrets to moving up seems to be getting good enough to consistently carry your team at your current placement level.

Also, I filled in for my professor to give the lecture in a graduate course I'm in, might be doing it tomorrow also pending on his jury duty status.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Sick Bryan. And I might come over later Karl. Watch the "superbowl."

Empahsis on Bowl.

Also go Ravens cause no one likes the 9'ers.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I don't have any more "pork rinds" to "feast upon" during the "half-time show" but I can "pay for some at the gas station" if you want to.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
It's only American to do so.

But my commie job doesn't pay me till next Friday so I can't put a Jackson down for some rinds.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
One of the most frustrating things about LoL is the ratio of stupid teammates. One of the secrets to moving up seems to be getting good enough to consistently carry your team at your current placement level.
The secret to winning is rather to enable your teammates to not be completely ********. Though winning and losing can be a bit of a luckfest at lower levels since half the players are on smurf accounts and the other half are fresh and new to the game.

I have about a 60% win rate playing only support and an occasional game in the jungle. All I do is give vision to teammates, and help set them up so they can carry the game.

I can't carry the game, but I can carry you.

Top Bottom