• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Gravity

Smash Ace
...kosmos, zinth, roster, shanx, man that sucks, but this week is the ONLY week i can have it because my mom's, uh, "common law husband", for lack of a better term, is out of town.

but yeah if anyone CAN come say something and ill see if i can still have something, but without you guys its just not really a smashfest.

well, actually...i MIGHT be able to put it on friday if that would work for more people, but im not sure at this point

oh yeah, shade, i dont know when youre calling back, but that stuff you wanted me to download is finished so yeah

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
InterimOfZeal said:
Dammit! That Means My Mewtwo R Suxxorz Now!

I Mean, I Really Need To Be Able To Reflect That Turtle Shell, Then Have You Drop Into The Reflection Afterwardz!

Jerkzz!
:p

Shade, you saw a fight between Gravity and I once where I was Peach that got down to like the last six seconds. We even got it on tape!

Hopefully I'll be able to make it on Friday. I think I'm leaving to the lake on Saturday.

I want to see more Earthbound characters in Brawl. Also, I think it'd be cool if in like adventure mode, instead of just fighting Master Hand at the end, each character fought a final boss from their own game. Like, Ness would fight Giygas, Luigi would fight King Boo, Mario would fight some variant of Bowser, Peach would fight Wart, Kirby would fight The Nightmare, DK would fight K. Rool, the Pokemon would fight the champion who'd send out 3-6 different Pokemon for you to fight, Samus would fight Mother Brain, Marth would fight that Black Dragon thing I've heard about, Bowser would fight Smithy, Link would fight Ganon, the Ice Climbers would fight that **** Pteradactyl that's holding that last eggplant at the end (lol), Game and Watch would fight the arise of 8-bit graphics and home consoles (:p), Mewtwo would fight some machine created by Giovanni to try to stop him, Fox and Falco would fight Andross, Captain Falcon would fight Blood Hawk or whoever, Yoshi would fight Baby Bowser, Ganondorf would fight... err... some kinda super Link? But yeah, you get the picture. I myself think that it would be badass :cool:

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
Gravity said:
oh yeah and johnny>liquid
wow, i wrote an entry twice and it got deleted both times. i even copied it the second time but for some random reason my clipboard emptied. motherf'er.

anywho, who the hell is johnny? solid has said his name was "johnny", also "john doe" to reveal his name, which is David. naked/big boss is named Jack, which some fans think is a nickname for john, because as a name it is, but i think he is named Jack and used the trick of sometimes saying his name is john that he would later teach to solid. there's no official correct answer yet, so i dunno.

i say shade should play(try saying "say shade should" three times fast) metal gear! it's a really fun series. and i don't have MGS3: Subsistance yet but it looks really fun, partially because you can play as revolver ocelot in online multiplayer. but, most of the info in the game contradicts the previous metal gear games, so it's not considered canon. unless metal gear is in hypertime or something, like batman. i do own MGS3: snake eater, though, (and MGS:2 substance, MGS2: sons of liberty, MGS for ps, MGS: twin snakes, metal gear and metal gear 2) which is really cool because you get to know a lot about big boss/naked. in metal gear he's kind of evil, but in mg2 and the solid subseries he seems like just a nobel guy who is sick of soldiers being used as pawns by politicians. the metal gear solid subseries also talks a lot about american nuclear proliferation and the intellectual fear of communism, which is really cool because i like games that make you think on a political level. reminds me of the environmental message from FFVII...

speaking of FFVII, shanx, the game is called Dirge of Cerberus, i think, if that's how you spell "Dirge", i dunno. and it stars Vincent, he's all, on the cover and whatnot.
i still haven't seen advent children. i will try and download it tonight...does anyone have it and the 2 scene military flashback of cloud's, whatever that was called, that can burn it for me on dvd, or even as a data disk? i will pay you, too :)

and znth, nintendo heard a lot of complaints about how adventure mode was basically centered around mario with random snipets of metroid and starfox and zelda for no reason.(like, seriously, in who's game did anyone have to fight 25 kirbies?) so i think they'll work on making adventure mode unique for each character, or at least giving each character more individual goals/tasks in single player mode. i'll tell you anything if i hear more about it.

as far as games go, in the sonic series, it would suck because sonic would be the first one out, and shadow would be the second since he has recent games. so there's not a big chance of seeing tails or knuckles, even though i'd much rather see them than wario, doctor mario, or young link, no offense to any fans. even pichu(sorry vega!) kind of fits that mold of too many characters from one series.
i just want to see a little more variety from smash in brawl, because i don't like to see 3 series own a game that was originally not supposed to be about a few series only.

why were fireworks invented? i dislike the excited screams of neighborhood children while i am trying to type that are even louder than the firework explosions themselves!
vodot has grumpy old man syndrome, what?

and gravity, scud and i are having an allnight smashing on friday, but we can play there friday evening before our dueling if you have it then, probably. i'd have to see what scud wanted to do, since he'd be the driver XD. if you have it saturday, we would be a little bit burned out from a night of smashing! just get back to me on when it is for sure.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hmm, that's good, complaining is excellent. All I know is that I want to see Giygas in there somehow! :bigthumbu

I recorded the fireworks show I went to :laugh:

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Grav, I might have to sit this one out too :( I'm pretty much booked until the tournament........

Where'd you go for the firework display Zinth? Bricktown '06 Salute? UCO? Moore?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Vegafuse said:
Sorry Grav, I might have to sit this one out too :( I'm pretty much booked until the tournament........

Where'd you go for the firework display Zinth? Bricktown '06 Salute? UCO? Moore?
I went to UCO. Haha, I should upload the file to Google Video :laugh:

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
i'm trying to get my username changed. the username i want is taken but the guy has made 0 posts and hasn't signed in for 2 years, so i asked the webmaster to delete the account/reset the username.

so if you see a newcomer, it may just be me :) HOPEFULLY

if not i'll e-mail the guy and ask if i can get his account, if his e-mail is even still the same one as what his smashboards is connected to. or she, whatever. and...if not, i'll call upon both of my hacking friends(one used to program stuff for NYC local government!) and see if i can maybe get the account in another way. it's not an evil thing, though, i mean, the guy who has it now isn't using it, so yeah.

Gravity

Smash Ace
alright, by johnny i meant johnny sasaki, and hideo himself has said that both "John" and "Jack" are acceptable names for naked, but i prefer jack.

and i never really "owned" metal gear and metal gear 2, i had to emulate them,but i guess its better than nothing, and my mgs is so old that it freezes on the second disc right at the end, or when you die.

ive tried to get shade to play them but he says MGS' graphics are too bad and the only reason hed play MGS3 was too watch eva...

and this sucks, i guess ill just have shade over since the best ive gotten from anyone else is maybe form zinth and no from everyone else

oh yeah and instead of going to fire works i slept instead. from 8 PM until 6AM, i dont know why, but i like to get up early now.

and i still have to send you that other thing shade so yeah, i guess if youre at work ill wait until your brother gets on and send it to him, or something

-edit- apparently the bowser challenge is on FoD, just btw

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
South_Paw said:
Hey guys I'm back in OK....

Soo... are their any smashers in Tulsa/oolagah/owasso?
Cool Southpaw, you're back. How long are you planning to stay in OK? We have a tournament going on July 22nd (in Norman), be sure to check it out if you're going to stick around.

Eh, in Tulsa, the closest thing to Melee you're going to get is just a handful of SSB64 guys. Other then that you're stranded in a sea of SoulCalibur and Halo gamers. But we do have Shinryuken and Dandude in Muskogee, maybe you guys can plan something out............

Speaking of Muskogee, has anyone even told them about the official tourny date yet?

South_Paw

Smash Ace
I just know dandude started this thread, but i havent heard from him since...

And I'll be back for a while, don't worry. I'll more than likely be at the tourney.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I PM'd the info to shinryuken just in case no one else did.

South_Paw said:
I just know dandude started this thread, but i havent heard from him since...
Shin came back to the boards about a month back, and according to him they still smash it up over there (including Dandude) :chuckle: well hopefully you can make it to the tourny, I want to rematch your Falco, heh. Oh, and I believe we got Wichita Kansas showing up aswell (maybe Houston too).

Shade_

Smash Ace
haha cool sounsd good to me, gald your back south paw, well I didn't know that any one from the beggening of the thread is still hear haha oh well more good news.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Cool Southpaw, I wasn't there to play you before, but I look forward to it now.

If there are any players in Austin reading this thread, would any of you be able to come to the tournament on July 22nd? Same goes for Colorado, and any other parts of Texas.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Lol guys, this is that account I told you all about that I registered so no one will steal my name, but won't switch to because I want to keep my post count on Omega_Star! LOL.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hahaha, well Shade stays for me.

AC lives to take down Snake, besides all the mechs Snake kills are weak dumb machine.

Jehuty>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Snake.

Gravity

Smash Ace
snake kills the most advanced battle mechs the world has, and besides he could adapt to the situation

and jehuty is a lame poser. snake could take down even "naikid" jehuty without breaking a sweat

so snake>jehuty

Gravity

Smash Ace
snake woud just smoke a cigar and hide in a box

box>>>>>>>>>>>zero shift

and i put one more > then you so there

Gravity

Smash Ace
snake doesnt need to be sexy. and besides, if you were a girl he would be the sexiest guy there was. and snake wouldnt hold back against a girl, he'd either woo her or kill her before she got within 15 feet of him

Gravity

Smash Ace
hah! i win the argument

and anyway just change then, its only like several hundred posts, thats like what, 3 days?

but back to smash, i plan to mess around with this move swapping code tonight and tomorrow, and possibly projectile swapping too, i mean Samus! Shooting arwings!?

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
Gravity said:
box>>>>>>>>>>>zero shift
truer words were never spoken.

and i like how shade brought up like 5 characters but the only MGS character we need to mention is Solid because he would pwn them all XD

i didn't get my new name :(
i guess i'll have to call my friends in to see what they can do...

South_Paw

Smash Ace
lol, have you guys even met snap pop?

she was wheeling around da dave and his giant dildo at anaheim slapping people with it, lolz

but then again so was ken, being the funniest little asian guy ever pushing around the wheelchair yelling for people to get out of the way, lol :p

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Gravity said:
wow talking to yourself, huh?
oh yeah!?

well...

YOU are silly!!
Duh, we knew that a long time ago :p

Rasta played Snap Pop at MLG Dallas. Man, I wish I could have gone to that :( I wish I could go to MLG Chicago :cry:

Top Bottom