• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
gravity is a barrel of laughs without sleep.

My doc has gotten surpisingly better, my marth, well, the hell with marth.

zinth, i beat you by flat out luck. there's no other explaination, i just caught you off guard.

I am proud to have been bowser number 2.

No one has yet to complete the bowser challenge.

Gungrave was a very good anime.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Code:
 ..|'''.|                        ..|'''.|                                   
.|'     '  ... ...  .. ...      .|'     '  ... ..   ....   .... ...   ....  
||    ....  ||  ||   ||  ||     ||    ....  ||' '' '' .||   '|.  |  .|...|| 
'|.    ||   ||  ||   ||  ||     '|.    ||   ||     .|' ||    '|.|   ||      
 ''|...'|   '|..'|. .||. ||.     ''|...'|  .||.    '|..'|'    '|     '|...' 

'||'           |''||''| '||                  .|'''.|  '||       ||    .   
 ||   ....        ||     || ..     ....      ||..  '   || ..   ...  .||.  
 ||  ||. '        ||     ||' ||  .|...||      ''|||.   ||' ||   ||   ||   
 ||  . '|..       ||     ||  ||  ||         .     '||  ||  ||   ||   ||   
.||. |'..|'      .||.   .||. ||.  '|...'    |'....|'  .||. ||. .||.  '|.'
Man, I cant believe it, my ICs beat KOSMOS's Peach!!!! Also, KOSMOS, howd ya like the dvd? Any problems with it?

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Well the DVD stops at the fight where Chu is fighting Silentspectre with game and watch.. it just stops like the dvd is over. Other than that its great :). lmao my Peach isn't god Rasta, I don't think my Peach is that hard to beat imo >_>. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done with her.

Well I'm going to bed. g'night.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shanx said:
gravity is a barrel of laughs without sleep.

My doc has gotten surpisingly better, my marth, well, the hell with marth.

zinth, i beat you by flat out luck. there's no other explaination, i just caught you off guard.

I am proud to have been bowser number 2.

No one has yet to complete the bowser challenge.

Gungrave was a very good anime.
Heh, yeah, that's usually how it happens, I get caught. One piece of advice that I have for you is to grab the ledge when your opponent has been sent flying off it. You'd send me off but then stay on the stage, and I know how to sweet spot the ledge so your attacks are unable to hit me. If you're holding the ledge and time rolling back on it just as I'm recovering, I won't be able to make it back to the stage.

Bowser alliance ftw!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
KOS-MOS, he's happy because Peach just shouldn't lose that. Turnip spam, FCing aerials right above their grab range into a dsmash... dsmash dsmash dsmash... She owns them, badly.

Still, makes me want to play Rasta even more. If you beat Peach, and the Peach isn't totally incompetant, you have Chu magic.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
InterimOfZeal said:
KOS-MOS, he's happy because Peach just shouldn't lose that. Turnip spam, FCing aerials right above their grab range into a dsmash... dsmash dsmash dsmash... She owns them, badly.

Still, makes me want to play Rasta even more. If you beat Peach, and the Peach isn't totally incompetant, you have Chu magic.
It was a very close match and we both had one stock left(I had like 150% and he had around 180%). He just got a nice b-air and killed me. I already do all those things you mentioned(hell ask Rasta he'll tell you I do that all the time). I just lost to his IC's "ONCE". Like I said my Peach isn't invincible. I'm bound to lose a match sooner or later. :dizzy:

EDIT: Altogether? I've fought his IC's at least 40+ times... If you are reffering to yesterday, I think we did 3 Peach vs IC's matches. "Totally incompetant?" I hope you aren't referring to me otherwise count me in going to Colorado so I can kick your a** in smash.

mr_roboto

Smash Rookie
No he isn't calling you incompetent, hes saying if Rasta beat a Peach and the Peach isn't horrible than Rasta's IC's must be pretty good.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
mr_roboto said:
No he isn't calling you incompetent, hes saying if Rasta beat a Peach and the Peach isn't horrible than Rasta's IC's must be pretty good.
Alright, guess I just interpreted it wrong, my bad. :dizzy:

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
KOSMOS already does those things, I just had some new moves that he didnt expect. That was my first time beating him and **** I was happy. The one thing KOSMOS doesnt do is spam dsmash, he knows better especially around an IC, one missed smash leads into a grab. Man KOSMOS, that was an intense match, I look forward to playing you again.
Zinth, the matches we had were awesome, that **** dtilt on the edge is the most annoying move Ive ever seen in my life!!
Shade....well Ill get you sooner or later. I dont think I played too many matches with gravity, but I know those **** team matches with Samus are annoying.
Im gonna get better at team battles, its gonna be hard for me, I find there too much action going on, and I get confused and end up killing my partner....my bad KOSMOS.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i seem to recall you saying something about going beserk that one team battle, and not just confused, but i could be wrong.

but yeah im cleaning my room today and for the next few days, and i wish i had a camera, its like, wall to wall crap 6-12 inches high...

and i think samus samus team is one of the most awesome thing under the sun, i mean, more black lingerie...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hey KOS-MOS, if it gets you to come, then that's what I meant, haha. I'll kajillion stock your Peach with ICs.

And I'll have Nana commit suicide at the beginning.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
RastaImposta said:
Im gonna get better at team battles, its gonna be hard for me, I find there too much action going on, and I get confused and end up killing my partner....my bad KOSMOS.

ice climbers don't seem to be ideal in team battle. i saw chu team with manacloud and they did okay, but not because of teamwork, they just owned up seperating the teammates and taking them one on one.

does anyone know if chu has teamed with pc chris or wes or someone from the east that matches one of our characters(pc chris=falco=scud, wes=samus=grav) and possibly have videos of it? it'd be interesting to see who would compliment RI's ICs the best.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Actually Rasta used Roy to fight on teams. I used Marth. It was like as soon as I came back to the stage he was like"Now's my chance!" and F-smashes me off the stage and everyone starts laughing. But I guess I can understand how he felt because two Samuses on a team is teh suxxorz and all you see are missiles and beams everywhere.

Alright Zeal I hope you are ready for a butt kicking.:chuckle:

Rofl gravity the only reason Peach loses to Samus is because of Samus's black lingerie.:laugh:

Shade said:
any way I really like blue now lol, sorry but it is a cool color.
Sorry but blue is MY color. :p

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
oh, if for some reason nintendo puts megaman on the new brawl, probabyl won't but just in case, i get the regular blue costume, because i call it right now :p

well, not NEW brawl...that's kind of redundant, but you get my drift.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Oh fine then if werer playing like that if there is a dark blue color for Zero Samus then SHE"S MINE!!!!! So don't bother with that color lol.

And Samus teams are my fovorite though me and grave really have alot to learn right now its nothing we cant fis with some practice, hey grav or Zinth, could you have something over night this week with me scud and you two, teams would be cool to practice with.

How could you say samus is the suxors KOSMOS, there there there so fun..... lol I guess I am just not on the receiving end huh lol.

Gravity

Smash Ace
well in that case, i call whichever snake color i want, which at this point would be the the default one, but thats subject to change

.....grave.......

its gravity......or grav.....

and i wont be able to have people over until like thursday cuz im cleaning my room, and im also unpacking all my boxes, so its gonna take a few days, but friday might be alright, i might even be able to get a smashfest on saturday, but dont count on it.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shade_ said:
How could you say samus is the suxors KOSMOS, there there there so fun..... lol I guess I am just not on the receiving end huh lol.
Because Samus is gay :p

Well, as long as we're calling colors, I call red everyone I'm going to use (which at least includes Marth). But hey, if there's a color scheme editor, there may not be any need for calling :laugh:

I still get red though :grrr:

I'm gonna be at a lake this weekend, so if you can avoid it try not to schedule anything then. I mean, it wouldn't be a party if Zinth isn't there :chuckle:

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
if they put mega man in there, they're probly gonna put in zero too, dibs on regular.

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
who am i "noooo! zero is red. blah blah blah" :p

just kidding znth, i dig your integrity and diehard love for infamousy.

zero...they might get Bass too because now they own megaman X, not just sony thanks to the megaman x anniversary collection :).

if so, i'll make scud play with him, and we can have a rockman running crew :D

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Ah ****, Bass would be the **** :crazy: Especially if it was the Battle Network Bass, he just seemed to emanate more intimidation and power, cause I mean, he was the ultimate :demon:

And if they did have Zero, I'd just go with black Zero in dittoing Shanx. Red doesn't seem to have the same kind of awesomeness when it's the normal color, maybe just cause I'm used to it :ohwell: I general try to stay away from the normal color, just cause it's normal. I don't feel like I'm adding any of my personal flare when I'm using the normal color.

They should definitely have at least Mega Man though, those were my favorite games back in the NES era :(

They need to have a red Peach in the next one so I can feel even more awesome those times I use her :crazy: Or better yet, a color scheme editor :bigthumbu

RED!!! :flame:

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
but in the playstation megaman X..2 i think, one of them, who knows, bass said the word "****"(...or maybe it was "****it", but still), and it got edited out in the megaman x anniversary edition.

i think that's more badass than wearing a star trek-gone-anime eqsue costume that everyone has in the battle network games.

*i just beat megaman 2 because i was bored after posting my coler call post. next up=megaman 64...or maybe megaman 3

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
InterimOfZeal said:
While Still Refusing To Wall-bomb Stall? Omfg! H4x!
Refusing to Wall-bomb stall? Psh, that's nothing. We refuse to perform the Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch! How do you like that? But that's hardly it... are you ready for this one? We, here in Oklahoma... sure you're ready? Ok... we, in Oklahoma... <_<... >_>... refrain from performing Mewtwo's Soul Stunner!!! Ohhhh!!! I wish I had a webcam, because the look on your face right now must be priceless! Ahahahahaha!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Dammit! That Means My Mewtwo R Suxxorz Now!

I Mean, I Really Need To Be Able To Reflect That Turtle Shell, Then Have You Drop Into The Reflection Afterwardz!

Jerkzz!

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
ah, sorry, i haven't played anything past megaman 5 in like...a long time. the most recent thing i played was megaman 64 and since it came out i haven't played a megaman game past that mm5. so blah.

but, the battle network games aren't even canon, so bass would totally be in his MM7 costume with the words "dammit" on the back :)

speaking of canon, solid snake is in brawl, and in his MGS attire, which means chronologically big boss is dead, so it looks like no naked snake. but if there is liquid snake, i am totally picking him up as a secondary, because liquid is awesome. well, solid DID disarm three f'ing factories armed with metal gear...but liquid...um...he's...blond. just ask a nazi, those are better :p
maybe solidus will be in there, too, since he wouldn't be dead yet. if so- shanx, we must have a metal gear crew in addition to the rockman crew :)
random thought: does anyone know liquid snake's first name? i can recall solid's and naked's, but i don't remember if anyone ever said liquid's real name :\

anyone else pumped to see the other new characters? any ideas for what else is coming?
i really hope they stop with the mario characters, and while i'm not a big DK fan, it's dumb that there is only one character from that game series, seeing as how it made so much money for nintendo...
nonetheless, character ideas from oklahomans! let's hear 'em!

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
also, shanx, have you played the sequal to ffVII? you have valentine as your avatar so i just figured you probably had. i saw it on the shelves and was about to buy it but haven't heard anything about it, really. if you've played it, how good is it?

Gravity

Smash Ace
no, they never said liquids name, but in MGS he did pose as master miller for a while. oh yeah, spoiler alert, whatever.

oh yeah and johnny>liquid

and people from donkey kong would be cool, like king k. rool and regular gremlins, and then maybe that ostrich and, of course, people like funky and chunky.

and uh..., people from perfect dark, i love that game. atleast joanna dark and elvis.

and i guess all those losers from xenosaga just to get more people...

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Vodot said:
also, shanx, have you played the sequal to ffVII? you have valentine as your avatar so i just figured you probably had. i saw it on the shelves and was about to buy it but haven't heard anything about it, really. if you've played it, how good is it?
there's a sequel?!

vincent was the **** in VII.

I'm in for a Snake crew when brawl comes out. Speakin of brawl, where's diddy kong?

Shade_

Smash Ace
Omg I not being a metal gear player am like wow I dont know what ever your talking about, lol.

Any way not haeving a time limit!!!!hmmmmm if I recal right none of us at any smashfest have ever had a match over 8 minuts lol, grav and dart came close with 7 36 in battlefield strandgly lol, but thats the longest I have ever seen.

Gravity

Smash Ace
everyone gets up so late, i mean like 11. unless you were awake before you posted, but thats impossible.

early to bed early to rise and so on...

Gravity

Smash Ace
you didnt put a question mark, so im not addressing it as a question.

and a smashfest my house saturday, but NOT overnight (i dont think anyway) but yeah everyone who wants to come can.

alright here, dont send me bombs

1912 Rosedale Drive
uh... edmond
and uh, i dont know my zipcode, but its the same as zinth's

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
**** you gravity!!! Im gonna be in houston on saturday, same with Shanx, sucks that we cant make it.

Top Bottom