• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Potemkin just seems to be more stupid >_>. Still going to play Millia.

Also I'm leaving for EVO next wednesday Coty, so it'll have to be before then, or like, the week after.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
I am indeed in ok right now. I forgot how close evo is, but i can surely make it up there by then. I havent played in a while, i actually forgot my controller lol. We'll figure something out ;)

melon_bread

Smash Rookie
Speaking of Karl, is anyone else excited for the new GG:XX and its changes?
**** yeah. Oklahoma needs a Guilty Gear scene.

I am indeed in ok right now. I forgot how close evo is, but i can surely make it up there by then. I havent played in a while, i actually forgot my controller lol. We'll figure something out ;)
Assuming you're talking about GC controllers, I have like seventeen thousand, any of which you can borrow.

Also, Andy has tuesday and wednesday off, which would be a good time to plan a fest if you want to see that kid.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Smashing tonight got my hyped for other stuff later.

Should totally get a tournament set up. For real this time.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
I think im going to visit forest this tuesday. anybody that would like to join me is welcome.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
wtf henry stalking the thread before i can agree with curtis. gotta use all 3 of my stocks to get his last stock to 140

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
The digits in Tom's post count are powers of 2, in sequentially increasing order starting with 2^0 from right to left.

I'll be visiting Norman on Tuesday.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
You know it josh! And it looks like i will be here for a few weeks, so i can wait for chris to get back from evo.l, and i dont have a time limit for how long i can hang around.

By the way, will evo be having a live stream?

melon_bread

Smash Rookie
Our AC broke, so that's probably a horrible idea. I could have a few people over who are willing to deal with it, but no smashfests.

EDIT: Bryan will be at our place tomorrow evening.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
speaking of Curleh Mustache wtf the melee legend Forward was there?
http://challonge.com/curlehmustache4
^^^coty should know this

Not just "his blackness", Chris, but the cunning Po Pimpus will also be at Evo handing out double perfects in the name of big marios for both King of Fighters XIII and Virtua FIghter 5. The evo stream should be all over the frontpage of shoryuken.com probably starting july 6th. For those lazy, no worries, i'll bring the action straight to this thread. The streams are great, the commentators do a good job explaining the game, the crowd is crazy hype, and the stream monsters will make you laugh and cry (mostly cry).

I'm sure other known smashers will be there as well, like BrolyLegs.

Damn, Arizonians all up in this biatch

Edit: It's almost been a year, and I wish I actually hung out with you guys a whole lot more than I did:
I dont wanna do the robot!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
They actually gave Forward a shout out on the stream when he was coaching, and he got like 13th or something too? Pretty sick.

But a lot of smash players have been doing really well in Marvel outside of Forward like Alukard, Falcomist, Meep, lot of other randoms.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Fo-wid is no less than 2nd best at umvc3 in az, and took 3rd at his first oos tourney. AZ is still the stuff of legends.

Watch for sean's dark strider, it's god tier.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I feel like if Kuni played MVC3 at the current metagame, he'd be the best morigan in the earth HOLLA KUNI

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I was going to enter Marvel, but I'd rather just play casuals at EVO and get better before I enter a tournament for it. Running Gravity Squeeze/Soul Fist/Hidden Missles in umvc3 and I think I'm going to stick with that team. I'm mostly excited for KOF XIII and playing Persona 4 Arena at EVO.

:phone:

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
No can do, TFD. I've still got a lot to do in the bfe part of the state before I can get away. I'll let you guys know when I'm on my way up :)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'll be moving things to my new apartment over the weekend.

With any luck, if we can get the scene back up, I could use the place for night-before Smashfests for OoS people, like what Houston and Dallas does for us. Would be nice.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I saw that event, but nobody else even knows about it really, and the logistics of getting people down there and back is bad enough without the fact that some probably don't even want to go.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Brandon won a match!

He didn't even practice :cool:

Marvel is up today, and the rest KOF

Kudos to Bryan for getting matches online. It'll help alot to figure out why you got hit, if you are doing unsafe moves, if you got read because of bad habits, got mindgamed, tried to contest a move/tactic, or whatever, though think of ways you could've avoided it. I'd like to see you three level up Oklahoma to bounds never before seen.

Kuni would be beastly in Marvel. And 2 spiderman players in one state has got to be a record.

Edit: OKLAHOMA IN THERE!
Matt (foxstepceo) and Chris in KOFXIII Quarterfinals! Over a Thousand people entered, shirtmonsters or not!

Top Bottom