• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

DualCats

Smash Ace
Any day works for me but I will have to show up after 5pm. We should decide on a day and let DFW in on it. Or anyone cool. All the cool kids. Cool Pool Party.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Cool Pool Party.
invite only and your on the list!

mean while... back at the legion of doom...

it would be on a saturday since i dont get off work friday till 7. i am gonna ****in sleep. also i wanna make this a round robin, mehbe $5 entry to help get anyone from texas interested? also i want to use the results of this for the Power Rankings. i want the rankings to be formed based from the amount of wins vs. losses as well as wins vrs marque players (kosmos,hazy,texas) for weight. its been too long since we've had a power ranking and if we get everyone involved this would be a great time.

DualCats

Smash Ace
If we actually have OoS players, we should definitely do a bracket and perhaps have an entry fee.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
If we actually have OoS players, we should definitely do a bracket and perhaps have an entry fee.
i agree with this. its just that if only emily and sethlon come up then idk if a bracket would be the best thing. a round robin would get more matches in ya know? i am hoping for alot of OOS players to come. i posted in both the DFW and the TEXAS melee facebook groups so hopefully we will get good responses by the middle of the week. people need to get in contact with vegafuse,rastaimposta,pay$,kosmos,po pimpus. we can find a way to get them there if they cant drive.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i could come but i dont get off work until 2 am so it would be late.

also MO sounds good i dunno if ill be able to get off work though.

ps texas tourny was awesome i want vids though

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Andy ****ing ballsacked me in tournament.

I might be able to make it to something this weekend, but I also might not be able to because of school johns. It will depend.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Maybe Tom's tournament in two weeks will bring people out. We could also make fliers and stuff and post them across campus and other areas so at least Norman's covered.

And good going to the Melee community for reviving itself like this as well.

DualCats

Smash Ace
If you don't mind then, Imma put you on the confirmed entrants list :)

And that one Irish dude too, since he posted in the topic :)
I'll probably go if everyone else goes. Need to ask off work first but you can pretty much count me in.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Maybe Tom's tournament in two weeks will bring people out. We could also make fliers and stuff and post them across campus and other areas so at least Norman's covered.
Oh right, the flier

If anybody wants to step up to it, I have already told a few people what I want it to look like. I have a phase flier that I was going to rip off, but I was going to change the pictures of course.

The main event would probably end up being chuck nasty vs bassem, and I have an ideal picture for chuck nasty. We can fill in the other names accordingly

Bryan, could you remake the "super tom" video? Id like to use that as my picture whenever this thing gets made.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Gravity/Dualcats/Zinth/Oklahoma Smasher

ya'll still good to MM my fox? :3

And maybe Ganon too if ya'll wanna lose lotsa money <3

DualCats

Smash Ace

I'll MM your Ganon :D

Also: what is the deal with the smashfest? Who is going and has anyone contacted OoS crews? Does everyone in OK even know about it?

I'll bring my computer so I can record and run tio.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
I'm gettin a time from outlaw. We need to get in contact with other OKC people such as Pablo,Babac,Paemon,Chris,Brandon. Someone help me out with this.

Also OOS are still wanting an idea of how many will be there

:phone:

pay.$.

Smash Cadet

lol very funny. ill take yo money and put it to good use

oh and andy id love to mm u too, im very impressed by what i saw in the video
and id love to smash with the rest of u gays but id NEED a ride, definitively

oh and P.(aemon) S.(aiedi)
i will go to the tournament if i can make enough money by then (mostly wont but it doesnt hurt to dream)

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Dallas is coming up anymore. Sethlon said he can't go and I don't want to drive up by myself :/ We'll be there next time!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
lol very funny. ill take yo money and put it to good use

oh and andy id love to mm u too, im very impressed by what i saw in the video
and id love to smash with the rest of u gays but id NEED a ride, definitively

i will go to the tournament if i can make enough money by then (mostly wont but it doesnt hurt to dream)
Sounds fun, how much money you looking to lose?

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I think you just blew my mind.

Looking forward to you and Babac to start playing again :laugh:

Speaking of using smilies, why is there an entire smiley section dedicated to Drifloon (a non-gen. I/II Pokemon)-themed smilies? Seriously, look:
:drifloon: :drsad: :drfacepalm: :drshrug: :drwtf: :dr^_^: :dr-_-: :drflip: :drohyou: :drohmy:
I can't even tell what emotion most of those are supposed to represent. Smashboards admin jokes (?) are getting pretty lame.

I bet if G. Vice was an admin he'd at least do something cool like FFVI smilies. Speaking of which, G. Vice, I'll MM your Fox and Ganon. Should be fun, I agree. I'm starting to see MMs in a new way.

I don't think Dallas is coming up anymore. Sethlon said he can't go and I don't want to drive up by myself :/ We'll be there next time!
No johns! Hopefully we'll host a boss tournament this summer.

We should actually start planning said tournament.

Also, if possible, someone should pick up Babac/Pay$ on their way to Edmond if they can't otherwise make it... or maybe even if they can; carpooling is good. Same goes for Brandon/Pablo/Chris. If I'm giving up some valuable study hours to go to this then I want to see everyone there!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I bet if G. Vice was an admin he'd at least do something cool like FFVI smilies. Speaking of which, G. Vice, I'll MM your Fox and Ganon. Should be fun, I agree. I'm starting to see MMs in a new way.
Sweet, I love playing you. Especially since you've gotten alot better. We had some fun matches last time. I fully expect you to take my fox's money. My ganon? Should be interesting :)

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Also, if possible, someone should pick up Babac/Pay$ on their way to Edmond if they can't otherwise make it... or maybe even if they can; carpooling is good. Same goes for Brandon/Pablo/Chris. If I'm giving up some valuable study hours to go to this then I want to see everyone there!
I got them till I say otherwise. They need to text me tho

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Sounds bout right Brian. How does 8pm sound to everyone? I have to work tomorrow(today) so Idk if I'll get off early or at 7

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Brawl tier list.

If that's what's current today, then I no longer have any motivation for it.

Good bye friends, going to Melee and maybe LoL.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Well, this is going to be pretty hypocritical of me after having called johns on Dallas, but I don't think I'll be able to make it tonight :ohwell: There is just way too much stuff I have to do for school and I need as much time as possible for it.

After the semester, though, I'll be free all the time so I'll be able to go to all Smashfests then, and generally be able to play more.

Rob Josh, you should definitely pick up Melee.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
School johns Arnt legit due to you being able to bring stuff to outlaws :D
I'll probably need a ride tho if i can't fix my car today. I just got off work so ima take a shower and get ready. He said anytime after 8

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
I enjoy working 6 12hr shifts in a row outside and then come to find the ball was dropped on this event. Frustration its finest. Maybe nxt time.

Top Bottom