• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I JUST GOT MELÉE!!!

Half-caliber has been worn through the ages. I'm about to buy a controller just to chop it up. I'm down to play melée, for real. My number is 4055323548. It has not changed from the time before Jesus (does anybody remember that phrase??) So I am down, hit me up and we can work something out

:phone:

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I JUST GOT MELÉE!!!

Half-caliber has been worn through the ages. I'm about to buy a controller just to chop it up. I'm down to play melée, for real. My number is 4055323548. It has not changed from the time before Jesus (does anybody remember that phrase??) So I am down, hit me up and we can work something out

You know I'm always down to D-smash your jiggly puff all day, every day Babac. You getting backing into melee seriously? As in, entering tournaments and stuff again?

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I thought they were coming up this weekend. I don't really care if we have a tournament that weekend, but if they really want one then maybe we could try to get (most) everyone in OK assembled then for some good in-state competition.

I remember the time before Jesus.

I've got a lot of **** that I need to take care of so I won't be able to go anywhere tonight.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Ya Im definitely coming back for sure. The only thing I don't know is if they still use tube tv's or if they are up to the flat screens. I gotta get used to the delay on the lcd's if they still use them. I got a new orange controller. epic

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Everyone still uses tube TVs; you should know that Melee players are way too serious to use modern technology.

Also, Babac, you should probably meet Grant and Kyle sometime; they live in OKC, and Kyle plays Melee and is probably somewhere around your skill level (when your hands are tied behind your back and on fire, of course), so that's someone else you might be able to play fairly regularly to get back into the game. I think you both would also get a lot better by playing each other often, since Kyle has been improving but doesn't consistently have people to play with. Also, Grant is a drummer.

I can envision OK Melee starting to get competitive again.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Well, if Babac's back, then I guess the Dinosaur that created the Earth must rise from his grave and uppercut some fools. I got time on my hands to now, so I will enter into the fray once more. Just give me a time and a place, and I shall appear.

Also, any 2D fight fans here NEED to get on dat Skullgirls... Other than King of Fighters XIII, I have yet to play a modern fighter as beautifully polished and deep as this one. It just makes SENSE... also it has been made by people from the community... Mike "Real Soviet Damage" Z helped develop this, and it has compositions by Michiru Yamane(yeah the musician behind Kingdom Hearts, Castlevania, Super Mario RPG, etc.), so you know the soundtrack is ballin.

Go get it. It's only 15 bucks. No excuses. I'll see you boys soon.

BTW, whats the word on that Dallas tourney next week? You guys still up for it?

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
It was actually Yoko Shimomura who composed for Super Mario RPG and Kingdom Hearts.

I'm still up for the Dallas tournament.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
It was actually Yoko Shimomura who composed for Super Mario RPG and Kingdom Hearts.

I'm still up for the Dallas tournament.
Bryan, you're absolutely right. I got my composers mixed up! Nevertheless, awesome game, awesome soundtrack. Which reminds me...

Thread Title... CHANGE NOW!!

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Damn I just gave my tube tv to my little bro. I gotta go get another one. My hands don't move as fast as they used to. I will say that, even though I've been out of the game for a bit, I don't know who can beat me.

Down b ftw

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Hahaha that's awesome. What's going on next week? I work so damn much but always let me know what's going on n

And you can't beat me Chris da Kosey Mosey. I don't know if you ever could.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Dude Po, what system you be playin dat skullgurlz on?
I'm on PSN. My screenie is Boom_Daddy. Haven't had much time to practice other than day one with Chris and a couple of hours in training, but I'll definitely be going in on this one.

It's like I've found the ONE RING of fighters. This is seriously the most fun I've had with a game since the first time I did Luigi's sweetspotted Up-B and got that glorious *PING*... I love this game right now.

Babac, don't ever change... ;)
Other than myself, I don't think anyone in OK(or the rest of the US) has as much unwarranted confidence as you. Although Chris is mad garbage, and I body him in everything we play, lol.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Guys should hop on PC so I can play too

<_< One day.

It's a hard commit though since I can already see like 10 different games dying in front of me. FGC scene seems pretty over saturated atm.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Dang, everyone plays fighters on PS3. I downloaded the Skullgirls demo on my XBox yesterday, it's a pretty well done game. However, I am bad at fighting games and as such am not sure if I am going to get the full version.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Downloaded it... Another traditional fighter that I won't be very good at so probably won't buy. Never been a fan of traditional fights
looks extremely well made and good theme

DualCats

Smash Ace
We should also look into acquiring some herb. Several grams of oregano. I'll make some meatloaf.

Additionally, we should stock up on oregano for our pilgrimage to TX.

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
Yo Yo.

Hazy, stop being a punk little B by never coming over. You literally live a 10 minute walk away from my house. We go to the same school. Come f-ing smash.

The same goes for all of you guys. I extend the invite all the time, and even try to host a RR tourny but you dudes fall through. Going to norman all the time sucks. Come up here.

Kosmos, Hazy, and I all live up here.

Hell, use Irish as pit stop place and car pool.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Outlaw, when I go back to Edmond over the summer I should definitely Smash with you all. I've been Smashing with Alex when I've been in Edmond, but I should definitely Smash with your crew and Chris, too. We need to have Edmond Smashfests. We could also probably carpool to some place in OKC where we can meet up with the OKC peeps (I'm looking at Babac, Po, Pablo, Chris (if he counts as OKC), etc.) and Norman, too. I think we can make OK a strong Smash community if we all play each other more, and make the South a strong region again (well, AZ is still pretty strong) if we compete with Texas consistently.

Now if only we could get Kuni to play more.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Dem tornadoes? Dem tornadoes.

Currently chilling in the weather center, waiting for the next one to blow over.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Didn't leave my apartment during any of the storms, and yet here I am. Although I will admit I spent some time in my hallway and in my bathroom when that one tornado touched down just to be on the safe side.

pay.$.

Smash Cadet
lol, O the old gangs all here, whats up guys pay $ coming back to rack rock and roll out his best, im been pretty bored playing ssbm by myself. itll be good to woop on all of you guys once again

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Well if it isn't Pay$... Pablo says 'Look at his muscles!' Lol. I guess the Mayans were right- 2012 really is going to be the end of the world with all these old school players coming outta retirement. We just need Marc's trollin' self back up here and the stage would truly be set for trash talk beyond proportion.

We will see what's in store for sure...

pay.$.

Smash Cadet
Well if it isn't Pay$... Pablo says 'Look at his muscles!' Lol. I guess the Mayans were right- 2012 really is going to be the end of the world with all these old school players coming outta retirement. We just need Marc's trollin' self back up here and the stage would truly be set for trash talk beyond proportion.

We will see what's in store for sure...
nicly said as always mr.po

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
hazy can no longer go to plano this weekend :(
johns, but legit ones. long story, but i need to hang up the controller for the rest of the semester for scholastic and financial reasons :3

i'm not super bummed out or anything, though, because i know my oklahomies will still crush bracket in my absence. gl guys!

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Let's drop the names on who's goin next week.

Irish
Zinth
Dualcats
.....?

Do you guys have an updated roster? Also, when do you think you'll be driving down ? Do you need housing? How many? Etc.

Sorry you can't come this weekend Hazy. I hope you guys throw a tourney soon!!

DualCats

Smash Ace
We need to work out logistics of who the **** is going to drive. My car is going. Andy, Bryan and I will be in it. I'm pretty sure we'll need another vehicle but perhaps not. I can comfortably fit 4, practically fit 5, and technically fit 7.

If we drive down the night before, we could use some housing but I'm not sure if that's reasonable. Does anyone have any reason for which they can't leave on Friday? I do; I'm going to be too stoned to know what to do with a GC controller. For real, though: Friday-night multi-state smashfests are delicious and neither Andy or me will have work johns. Bryan?

Also, we have to leave Saturday night because I work on Sunday.

Obvz, most of that only applies to my car.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
ok....

why does Pay Cash have Babac as an avatar, and why does Babac have Pay Cash as his avatar??

also i can leave anytime friday after 7. i work from 7am-530pm all day err day. cant take my car unless someone wants to forkup a new tire and free time to change muh pads. (muh break pads that is)

i can ask my mams if we can borrow her car if need be but that is most likely a highly no..

if hazy isnt going... then PO! get in contact with Chris. we need OK to take 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th.

i dnt have faith in myself to claim one of those spots >.< plus they are begging for Kosy to come take their money ^.^

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
me and chuck nasty are going. come if you'd like, we're leaving sat morning or late friday night...probably sat morning.

Top Bottom