• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Look at the Super Bit Wars results if you must. Also, I don't think Chuck has beat him in tourney since Oh Snap 6. Bassem beat him at the OKGamers Anniversary event and Tokyo in Tulsa.

Gravity

Smash Ace
this is getting me thinking. . .
we should do a melee PR again.
we could do a big round robin or something
ill see what karl thinks would any melee players be interested?

Jity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitty_009
3DS FC
2363-6509-4817
Arguably better than worst of the best.
Until I can win consistently against people who aren't the Big **** Bandit (no offense to said Bandit), then I doubt that. But I appreciate the compliment.

Edit: Spelling correction.

DualCats

Smash Ace
this is getting me thinking. . .
we should do a melee PR again.
we could do a big round robin or something
ill see what karl thinks would any melee players be interested?
1. Gravity
2. Everyone else
10. That guy who showed up to the union and played Bowser a few times
11. Bryan

For real, though. We should get that **** going.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I've always felt that Bryan Hoke, DuelKatz, and Gravity were all fairly solid.

Maybe not as good as Arkansas' top three, but still solid ;)

PR's vary by the day though. Depends on how people are playing and that's really the extent of it.

Oklahoma has a good scene. I didn't get to play Sars but two rounds, and I remembering him 0-deathing me once, and being overall really solid as well.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I have to change my password, everytime I restart my comp it logs me off, and I have no idea what it is.

Anyways, if you count melee players, the Brawl PR would be more stacked. Even if they don't actively play Brawl, they'd still be fairly highly ranked.

As for Melee PRs, my prediction would be:
1/2: Chris, Alex
3: That kid who plays Bowser

DualCats

Smash Ace
Not enough people here care about improving their melee game as much as like any other scene, though. It's weird how complacent it feels. a PR and some monthlies would be an awesome way to stimulate competition and then maybe some of us can actually make it out of pools. I will never make it out of pools. I can't swim.

Yawara, what browser/OS?

bassem6

Smash Lord
last time you two played, he won also
uhh what? When was this? Ive ever only lost 1 tourny set to him and this was like a while ago. I don't remember which tourny it was but I know I lost to him and like zeton or something and I ended up getting a bad placing.

The last time me and chuck played was either tokyo in tulsa and I won that or super bit wars (and I would have won that too since I got 2nd losing only to denti and denti). You have beaten me in more tourny sets than chuck has I think. (You have taken me to set 2 in grand finals like twice whereas he has only ever won one tourny set against me)

Get your facts straight bruh.

Edit: That list shouldnt be taken as the official OK brawl pr since its really only josh's opinion (not that theres anything wrong with your opinion josh) but we need to have a panel made and a thread made before we have a legit PR.

Shouldn't I have at least played in a tournament to be on a list?
Jity and lord of bays havent been to any tournaments either haha.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Here's the thing........

Oklahoma is full of procrastination and when we make a PR and have monthlies nothing ever generates from it...

Where's outlaw randomly posting about a PR when you need him?

:phone:

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Well...

If someone (i.e. a responsible and serious individual with actual TO skills) was to host an actual round-robin style ranking tournament and was able to lock down a venue/date with at least one month's worth of preparation time, a certain legendary dinosaur might just revive himself ;)

Of course, this tournament's results would have to directly influence the eventual rankings, but that's the whole point of such an event, no?

Said dinosaur might even endure Brawl long enough to show you kids that you still "have much yet to learn"... If that's not good enough of a reason to set it up, well, I don't know what else to say that would motivate this lazy community to take up the fight once more...

Oklahoma needs its heroes back...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I just got the movie theater at university greens reserved for Wednesday from 7:30 to midnight. Does that time work for everybody?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I inquired about additional setups, and they said I could bring additional setups. And last I played on the projector it didn't feel so laggy. I'll go back and see if there are outlets there or if I would need to improvise with an external battery of sorts

DualCats

Smash Ace
so if i planned a melee tournament (in-state/small scale, not intimikill/ohsnap/etc) would more than 5 people show up?
I'm 2 cats and I'd show up to it.

I'd really like to get OK melee going somewhere for once. This scene has stagnated over the course of the last few months. I have TO experience and 11 CRTs so I'd like to help out with this as much as possible.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
were any of those tv's at the anime club's recent tournament? there were a few tvs that wouldn't wokr at all.

DualCats

Smash Ace
were any of those tv's at the anime club's recent tournament? there were a few tvs that wouldn't wokr at all.
nah, they've been collecting dust since last year. I usually keep two in my car at all times so I can bring TVs to people's houses/tourneys and whatnot but they both definitely work.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Let's do this ,ill try and get these 2 players from Moore who play melee and one plays brawl.
As well as outlaw and wes

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Movie theater has a pair of 2 plug outlets. I have a surge protector that has 11 plug outlets, as well as 3 3-plug outlets, so we would have plenty of outputs for TVs and Wiis. Problem would be getting counters or such to place the TVs - coffee tables, etc. Have to figure that out.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Said lounge chairs are on the opposite side of the theater, so we'd need some extension cords too if we were to play on them.

Also, averse = strong dislike. Sooo double negative. =P

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
Wow, since you guys are now talking about a PR, lets do it.

I want to get the spot I deserve.

Here is whats up.

I can host a Round Robin Tourney at my place. (For those of you whom have never been here, my house is pretty large. Those that have can validate this).

So whom is up for it?

Gravity

Smash Ace
well if brawl scene also wants a pr maybe we could do it at the same time/place? would help on venue fees etc
like karl said we have a bunch of crts but very little setups.
and im totally not serious, responsible, or have TO skills so i dunno. if you did something alex i would come but i would need like 3-4 weeks advance notice

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
well...should we shoot for something for early spring break?

-ou rooms will be more available, including the free-for-students 1st floor one
-no school issues for students
-plenty of time for people to ask off work
-plenty of time to prepare/time for people to train

thoughts? that's like 6 weeks away, but i'd rather plan out our first RR/PR/OK/whatever tournament and let it be a success, instead of throw something together and hope it improves (that's what happened last time we did monthly tournies, and it didn't work at all for either brawl or melee...especially melee.)

edit: jer, we need to play again soon, it's been forever. i've got school M/W so besides M/W during the day and sunday/tuesday evenings i will be free all semester. just hit me up.

DualCats

Smash Ace
That sounds like a good idea. Ultimately, if six weeks is too far away for some people, he can have smaller scale interim RRs. If we're planning this diligently, we should anticipate having a bracket for a tourney with, at the very least, over 15 people.

DualCats

Smash Ace
There aren't many active melee players at all but with attendance by brawl players and casuals (assuming the tournaments are run concurrently in the union) I don't think that's an unrealistic turn-out. But I also don't anticipate that happening. It'll probably be another nine man RR or something.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i ran a 16 man brawl tourney on the fly once. managed to reel people in cause it was free LOL. and with my ****ty impatient TO ways, it was done in under 2 hours.

Top Bottom