• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Zinth, I have lost a little respect for you trying to play Brawl.

But if I played, I would use Mario. Actually, the few times I play when all the melee setups are taken, I use him. I can actually do a few things, from melee carry over skill.

But i'm not good.

DuelCatz come play my focks

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Hyper coming back, Bryan coming to Brawl, and Devon and Baylor wanting to get better in this game?

Goodness me, there may be hope for an Oklahoma Brawl smash scene yet.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Hyper, if you check back here we'll keep you updated about tournaments. There really aren't many in Oklahoma at the moment, for a variety of reasons (the main one being the lack of players/turnout). We're trying to change that though.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
We need to melee soon.... I'm sad I didn't get to play gvice and his awesome focks since his ganon sucks big fat donkey balls

:phone:

:phone:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
i think that would be dualcats to be exact :awesome:
I'm so glad you got that pun.

Dualcats is definitely a g@y sheik, let me be honest. I do detest fighting sheiks, especially those desiring those of their own gender such as his.

But I don't believe that makes me scrubby :(

besides, ask him who won the match ;)

mai phocks 2 gud

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Fox, Falco, Ness, Wolf, Peach, Sonic if he's dumb enough to recover that low, tether-reliants, Ike, maybe others I'm missing.

Castle Siege makes 25 characters DDD bait in the 2nd transition, but last I checked each of those 25 have a jump and a double jump to get on the platforms. :p

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Tether characters prefer Lylat. You've just listed space animals and unviable characters. :p
It's probably just preference, but I don't like CS. The first transition is alright, although the ledges can be ******** for no reason. The second transition is super fun camp tiemz. The third transition tilts just like Lylat. I've been jewed over by that third transformation more than I have Lylat.
I could see a 5 stage starter list including LC and CS though, just replace PS2 (I find it balanced, but its shenanigans are better off being a counterpick).

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
BF
SV
CS (lack of Meta Knight may bring Delfino into starter territory too)
Halberd
PS2

Starter list I would personally go with. But if I had my way, I'd have a 9-starter list with FD, PS1, Delfino, and YI.

And then put Pipes in the CP list. Definitely.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
FD should not be a starter, which is why I'm in favor of any 5 stage starter list that does not include it.
For serious, just take what was standard for so long--FD, SV, BF, YI, PS1--and replace FD with LC.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
24 days, 23 hours, 41 minutes until Sonic Generations.

GET HYPED.

/sonic fan

Edit: 24 days, 23 hours, 39 minutes!

Shade_

Smash Ace
For anyone that cares. JSA is holding a tournament for melee and brawl Saturday the 29th 12-8pm in the student union, weitzenhoffer Room 216. Standard rules as always (MLG I think?) the one where you each cross of a stage till end up on one, counter pick comes next, bans before all that, etc.

NO VENUE FEE- (perks for being pres I guess)
5 dollars for singles,
5 dollars for doubles. Melee will happen first, doubles, singles (or vice versa). The second half of the tournament will be brawl singled, doubles. If not a lot of people show up, then winner takes all. If we get a decent turn-up then we'll split the pot between first and second place, third get's their money back (or maybe not depending on how many people). Each tournament has their own pot. Melee singles, doubles, Brawl singles, doubles.

Any questions, ask me-
Show up if you want, if you don't, no worries-

Shade_

Smash Ace
Unity rule set? That's a ...slightly awkward name...but whatever. All I know is 7 minutes 3 stock, stage strikes. If there is anything I'm missing or if that's a different rule set. OR if you guys want a different one. I don't mind changing it.

And I don't think there are any competitive brawl players in JSA, but a lot probably wouldn't mind playing if it's the only game around. This tournament is open to whoever and fliers will be made and posted around campus so hopefully we can get enough wondering students for a decent pot.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
And here I told my boss that I needed my schedule shifted to just weekend shifts since I'm being violated by 4 different classes at once every day of the week. He ain't gonna be happy if I tell him I want to take the 29th off lol.

We should probably go with a MK-legal ruleset for this one if JSA is ok with it. Dunno how knowledgeable they are in Brawl.

Top Bottom