• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Scuddlefish

Smash Rookie
Peace Yawara. Have a wonderful time in Japan. It was nice being able to hang out a few times these last couple of days.

Anyone up for practicing teams tonight?

:phone:

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
I might be... Would have to talk to the gf.... U wanna travel or?

Edit: just text or call me if you wanna play. 4055435733

DualCats

Smash Ace
What's the driving situation like for ARK? I can drive but I would prefer not to because I'll need an oil change and tire rotation beforehand.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
I know ill be driving as long as gas is involved.... I think the way you've been talking made us think you'd be driving. Who else can drive?

Scuddlefish

Smash Rookie
I don't necessarily think it was the way he was talking...just the way we were thinking. For some reason I thought the same thing, but I can understand not wanting to do those things. My car isn't really suitable right now for taking a trip either....the brakes are acting weird....So we are taking Irish's and who's car?
Are we leaving Friday or Saturday?
Andy...are you coming?
Let's stay in Ace's house....have we contacted him?
Po...Chris....Alex :( everyone else ? you all coming?

ANSWERS NOW

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i havent talked to brandon or anyone else besides karl and bryan :( that would make 5 going (including brandy) so that would be one car for those who are guaranteed to go. i dont get home till 6 from work. wish we had a way of getting ahold everyone else. and i have virtually no gas other than whats in my car already so those chipping in would have to be able pay for gas now instead of later :(

this is what i was refering to by the way you were talking" lol - Thank you, sir. Also, would you mind PMing me your phone number? I suck at driving and will definitely get lost. A lot.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I can drive, but I'll need an oil change first so I want to know if I need to drive so I ca nget that taken care of tomorrow.

I don't necessarily think it was the way he was talking...just the way we were thinking. For some reason I thought the same thing, but I can understand not wanting to do those things. My car isn't really suitable right now for taking a trip either....the brakes are acting weird....So we are taking Irish's and who's car?
Are we leaving Friday or Saturday?
Andy...are you coming?
Let's stay in Ace's house....have we contacted him?
Po...Chris....Alex :( everyone else ? you all coming?

ANSWERS NOW
I don't know if Andy's coming. If he is, we'll probably leave Saturday morning. If not, I'd like to leave Friday evening.

Concerning housing, Seifersythe has offered to house us.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
If you guys can leave and get here Friday night, we promise to offer some challenging and fun friendlies the night before as well as before the tourney on Saturday.

That'd be prime, but if you can't make it til Sunday, we understand. Make Kosmos and gravity come!!

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Looks like a 5hr drive... Who wants to go in my car? If okc crew comes I can get them.... And i might have melee in the car.

Scuddlefish

Smash Rookie
it looks like only Irish and Carl have offered to drive, so you might want to get your oil changed Carl.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
tell Andy to come :).

Gravity

Smash Ace
yeah i can go but like i said im super broke. it would be a few weeks before i could pay anybody back.

also i can drive but not my car.

the problem is, i dont get off until 2 am on friday night. like 2 am saturday morning so, i dont know how that would work

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
yeah i can go but like i said im super broke. it would be a few weeks before i could pay anybody back.

also i can drive but not my car.

the problem is, i dont get off until 2 am on friday night. like 2 am saturday morning so, i dont know how that would work
Even if you took much longer than a few weeks to pay me back I would be perfectly fine with it. Even if you ended up never paying me back I doubt I would be too concerned with it; I've made worse investments.

I am fine with leaving on Saturday morning (in fact, I prefer it in the sense that I will avoid slighting my girlfriend of the time I plan to spend with her tonight). Perhaps, since we will invariably be taking two cars, one of the two cars can leave tonight, and the other could leave tomorrow morning, so that people who really want to get there tonight can do so.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Brandon wanted to let everyone know that he can't make it to ARK. I can't go because I already had stuff planned for this weekend (promises to keep etc.) so there's no way I'd be able to make it.

Sorry guys.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
So we got Karl, bryan, Andy, brett, brandy and myself. Is anyone wanting to leave tonight? If not then I'm cool leaving tmrw morning

DualCats

Smash Ace
I'll probably leave tomorrow with Andy and Bryan(?) if Andy is definitely going.

Also, someone should definitely call Brandon and/or Chris.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably leave tomorrow with Andy and Bryan(?) if Andy is definitely going.

Also, someone should definitely call Brandon and/or Chris.
Brandon wanted to let everyone know that he can't make it to ARK. I can't go because I already had stuff planned for this weekend (promises to keep etc.) so there's no way I'd be able to make it.

Sorry guys.
Andy should definitely go.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Gravity is not going, unfortunately.

I'd like to leave this evening, if possible. I'm completely ready to go.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I think there are only five of us going in total. Bryan has herp derp girlfriend johns and doesn't know when he'll be ready. Goddammit, Brett, I have no way of contacting you.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
so all of us in your car? umm..... i honestly wont be able to make gas payments... :( i didnt plan on us taking one car.... if anybody is willing to cover my spot for gas then i would be more then grateful. if that is taken care of do you want us to meet you in norman or u wanna stop by my place?

DualCats

Smash Ace
I think we're planning on meeting you in Moore. I think it's easiest for everyone to ride in one vehicle but we can discuss that situation once we've got everyone in one place.

DualCats

Smash Ace
We've tried before. >.< My car is not suited for that sort of thing. We can try again, I guess.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Let's be all the posts on the next page, too.

/flawless victory
How about no? :awesome:

So I stopped by One Stop Anime a couple hours ago, and saw a Yugioh tournament in progress. So I inquired about having OSA as a venue for Smash tournaments in the future if something major happens at OU, and the owner said she was fine with it. So that's something.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13360747

I think we should try to incorporate some ideas from this thread and use them to try and make the smash scene grow. Try to get at least 20 people on board competitive play by the end of the year.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hey guys, it's been a while. So listen, I'm thinking of having the Japanese Student Association hold a tournament at OU. This year for Japan night we are trying to actually get some legit performances, dances, music and skits. And it all cost money, so I was thinking about having a tournament to raise money for that stuff. That being said, I know a huge bulk of the competitive players that are in it for the prize money wouldn't bother with it, but I feel like enough people would show up simply for the fun of it.

As a retired competitive smash player, I've had my share of seeing trash organized casual tournaments for smash. Though I've never been the one to run a tournament, I feel like I've been to a lot of them, and experienced enough to know what a good and smooth tournament should be like. In this regard though the prize money wouldn't be there, but it WILL feel like a real tournament. Pools, main bracket, loser's bracket, It will probably be a whole day event on a Saturday or something. Singles, Doubles, (crews?).

My only issue right now is I don't know if I should go for brawl because the bigger crowd it offers, or melee just because I like it more. I could maybe have them both on two separate days, but I dunno. I'd love to do 64, but I just don't think I'd be able to find enough 64's around to hold a tournament for them.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
I have no idea how i survived before having a smartphone. This is the greatest. Brett hit me up next weekend and we can hang. Imu. Also i miss walrus, hopefully everything goes smoothly this time. Enjoy japan!

Welp tf2 season is over, maybe i will start playing melee again

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
ndxbjcksdvbjsfvbkju bjlfbjdsvn fjlvb kjfdlv bdsjvbdslj

Does One Stop Anime offer refunds? I may have to give back the stuff I bought there today so that I have an emergency fund.

That, or I can sell some of my games to people. I have way too many at the moment, some of which I don't even play.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The low buyback from Gamestiop and Xchange is precisely the reason why I'm asking if anyone wants to buy them, lol.

Top Bottom