• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
You got a time/place for the smashfest on Saturday? I should be in town by then and that sounds awesome.
I'll be starting it at 7pm @ 11617 N. Meridian Pl the apartment complex is called "Summerfield Place" in Oklahoma City,Oklahoma if you get lost you can call me (405)-406-0392

WildFrost

Smash Rookie
Sweet. I'll definitely be there. Should be fun especially considering I lost my voice today lol.

Edit: Ended up with a stomach virus and couldn't make it. lol.

Last edited:

Smores

Smash Rookie
I'll be starting it at 7pm @ 11617 N. Meridian Pl the apartment complex is called "Summerfield Place" in Oklahoma City,Oklahoma if you get lost you can call me (405)-406-0392
I thought i replied yesterday that i was coming, guess i didn't :\ Maybe the post didn't go through or something. Anyway, I'll be there :D Hopefully pip can make it too, it'll probably be later if he can but I should be there around 7.

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys me and a couple of my friends have gotten into Melee the past few months and were looking for an Oklahoma scene, and I am glad to see it at least exists lol. We all live in the Moore/Norman area and a couple of us go to OU. I don't think were quite tourney ready yet but we'll definitely be looking to participate soon.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
awesome to see! if just melee than this is the place to be. if you play PM as well, then hit up the oklahoma Project M facebook page. majority of the OK scene in general is in norman/okc.

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
I play PM occasionally for fun but I really only practice Melee. Would any of you guys know where to get a good controller though? Both of mine have been abused to the point of loose control sticks.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
a GOOD controller has to be bought online. amazon or ebay. maybe you can buy one or what not from one of us locals. me not being one cuz i dont have a spare lol when you free to play?

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
Alright that's what I figured.

Mainly on weekends as I have school all week. You probably don't even want to play me yet though haha. I'd get annihilated.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Hey guys me and a couple of my friends have gotten into Melee the past few months and were looking for an Oklahoma scene, and I am glad to see it at least exists lol. We all live in the Moore/Norman area and a couple of us go to OU. I don't think were quite tourney ready yet but we'll definitely be looking to participate soon.
Every two weeks I host a smashfest at my place (I live in the OKC area though.) You would have to bring a melee setup though as I don't own it but I do play it lol.

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
Every two weeks I host a smashfest at my place (I live in the OKC area though.) You would have to bring a melee setup though as I don't own it but I do play it lol.
Sounds like fun! And yeah I have melee so that wouldn't be a problem.

WildFrost

Smash Rookie
After the many, many, MANY delays. I am finally moved into my apartment in Norman about 2 weeks later than I wanted lol. But I'm here! Ready to play some smash anytime.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Not bad for my first outing in Project M. Literally.

Agh, my Sonic was on point until Game 5. Why did I jump whyyyyyyyyyyyy

GGs Will, we do need to have some friendlies now and then.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Had a lot of fun last night guys, the scene has revived so much more than a year ago. Hadn't had that much fun in a while-

If I didn't have 2 tests next Monday, I'd join for doubles today, but I'll have to pass for that tonight. But one thing for sure, the scene is back, and I'll probably drop by more often, like, a lot more often lol.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
dude so stoked to see you again. im usually always free till 10pm and ofcourse karl and eriq as well as bryan are usually down to play and to just hang in general

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
omg Kuni gold.

also Kosmos is like....a legend in this new smash commute. A Myth. people know and have heard of this glorious person but no one has ever seen him. its pretty funny lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

It is an honor to announce that am hosting the return of an MLG (Major League Gaming) supported event in Houston Tx on May 3rd-4th 2014. This event, as well as other MLG supported events in the USA over the next 5 months, determine if Brawl/Melee/PM make it into the official MLG season schedule. This event, if supported to the max, will not only mean great things for the current smash games but can also help our future in Smash 4. Please go to this event and show MLG we want smash taken to the next level.

SWF Link:
http://smashboards.com/threads/may-3-2014-whobo-mlg-houston-special-edition-houston-tx.348315/

AiB Link:
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14466

FaceBook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/278250605676938/?

NOTE: There is a player cap of 200 entrants so if you plan on supporting this MLG event, please register asap.

Last edited:

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Ugh. Why do my finals have to be that week??? Still, I'd encourage you non-university people to rep OK at this.

Top Bottom