• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
We should do all we can to make sure Super Bit Wars follows through. Forest started it and planned to see it through. We should do the same, and make the event a memorial to his memory.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
If you guys need a TO for SBW, I'll do it along with Hanson. I'm going to need help though since I'm fulltime now.

[edit]

If there's a mod anywhere lurking here, please give the first post to Zinth or Gravity or Po Pimpus so we can update our title.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
he was a good smasher and an even better TO. but most of all he was a friend - a good friend - to all of us. he brought majority of us back together when OK smash looked bleak. he housed us, taught us, encouraged us to do everything we could do to broaden the community around us. now that he is gone i almost feel as if i lost a brother. RIP Forest.

- he always knew how to get his order right :D

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Aw man. This is so upsetting. I hate to hear stuff like this. My regards to his family, and to the Oklahoma scene that will now miss one of their own. God bless guys, you have Arkansas' deepest regards.

RIP Solidus, sorry we never got that rematch.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
If you guys need a TO for SBW, I'll do it along with Hanson. I'm going to need help though since I'm fulltime now.

[edit]

If there's a mod anywhere lurking here, please give the first post to Zinth or Gravity or Po Pimpus so we can update our title.
If hanson isn't around, I wouldn't mind doing it at all.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
RIP Solidus. I've said my words of peace to him on his Facebook page, but I have made an executive decision to name the ARK IV Melee Tournament in his honor. I don't know what difference it'll make in the long run, but it's one way that I'll personally pay my respects to him. Hopefully I'll have a little memorial up for him at our event as well.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
But if there was a time for Solidus to go, wouldn't it be the 4th of July?

:(

I'm still so sad.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I still can't wrap my head around it... Forest, love him or hate him, was an amazing personality. His drive and passion were unmatched. His efforts, and more importantly, HIM will be dearly missed. He and Ashlie were the quintessential couple-- (y'know if every couple were obsessed with gaming, anime, and all things geeky)

Such a loss... They were both far too young to go so soon.

Jity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitty_009
3DS FC
2363-6509-4817
I didn't really know Forest beyond his adding me to the Facebook Smash group, but I can tell that his influence on the community was unparalleled. I'm deeply sorry for your loss, and deeply regret that I'll never really get to meet him.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I got my room number for University Greens in the mail today. I have room 12302. I'm going to guess this means 12th building, 3rd floor, 2nd door.

Does anyone know a guy named Alexander Hanna (no joke. Hanna. Shoutout to Bassem)? He's one of my roommates. We don't have the other guy's name yet.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, I'm finally moving back into Christine's place since it was flooded, except that this company's holding our furniture hostage atm which is absolutely ********.

Also does anyone here like extensively understand networking or has tools to check connections across lans 100%?

****ing annoyed atm with the home internet. It keeps periodically going out for no reason.

[edit]

It's not the router, it's not the modem, it's not the cables.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hey guys, I hear your current thread owner isn't terribly active. If one of you would like, I can switch control of the OP to you.

bassem6

Smash Lord

[edit]

I would love to help.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Zigsta, I believe the current plan was to give control of the thread to me as I am active on the boards and have the next closest post to the OP... If no else objects, I'll take it.
Great. I'll give you control of the OP tomorrow night then, Po. I have class after work, so it's gonna probably be around 9 PST.

:phone:

po pimpus

Smash Ace
bassem u dirty arabian carpet flying filet menone christina millian lookin boo boo for brains
Hey! Bassem is NOT Arabian!

He does look like a male Christina Milian... I don't know whether to be appalled or aroused by this revelation, however...

@Zigsta, cool beans. I believe a Thread Title change is first on the agenda... A tribute to Forest and Ashlie I think would be appropriate for a new one.

bassem6

Smash Lord
lol I'll take that as a compliment I guess? And yeah I agree about making the thread title a tribute.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
If you guys wanna take care of Super Bit Wars, what I need now is that each of you contact a major TO and ask them if they're interested in going to a tourney in Oklahoma on August 20th, or asking guys you know personally to come.

Also, on top of that, offer housing to people you recognize as being friends. I especially want you guys to contact KS and Houston.

I'm going to talk to Coty to talk to AZ and NM to come over, but the important thing is there NEEDS to be lots of housing options available to these OoS players.

You guys are saying that you're eager to help, but that's the best avenue for it atm.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
hey.....since today is wed. is anybody wanting to smash? ill be in norman for the jams meeting..... hit me up 6204510159. or mention it on here.....

bassem6

Smash Lord
Does super bit wars have a thread on swf? If not, who wants to make it? Ive never made a tourny thread before but I can try.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Control of the OP has been switched to Po.

BTW, why isn't your avatar Kung Fu Panda-related? :p

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I told myself I was going to watch Kung Fu Panda 2 at some point before it's out on DVD, but I said the same thing about Harry Potter 7 Part 1.

HP7 Part 2, Monsters Inc. 2, Incredibles 2, my oh my, loads of sequel movies on the horizon.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
RUN to the nearest theatre and see KFP2. It's the best movie of the year.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
KFP2 not playing in any theaters near me :V

I may have finally found a temporary job.....as a jailer. Respect my authora-tay.

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

I'm terribly saddened to hear about Forest :( I only just met the guy. But I can say that the things you guys are saying about him as friends, are the kinds of things that I would hope to be said about me posthumous, and he was lucky to have all of you.

Somewhat to business, it looks like my tourney isn't going to happen (at least not a big one around the time we were talking about). Too many of our players are tied up on that day, plus ASU has STILL not gotten back to me, which means we can only expect more red tape. But I'll be starting a smash club in the fall semester, and reserving rooms should be much easier, that way I'll have the power to call and bug them continuously until they do something.

You jerks still need to come visit me :) Only Chris has been to AZ... tsk tsk

Top Bottom