• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay seriously, we need a sticky about this issue...

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Wow. You look at the Ike threads? wow...

Anyway, you should pick up a top tier character and show them what cheap really is.

/thread

Now at all. Something just compelled me to go in this thread in particular. And I got massively pissed by the amount of complaining about him. Sure, scrubs like to complain about Ike but he's not Bottom-tier.

Scrubs will john about stuff that beats them. I've had people complain after my jigglypuff WoPed them off the edge for all their stocks. lol and my Jiggz sucks.

If scrubs complain about Ike being cheap, please pick up metaknight and **** their souls.

[edit]- Eruption/Fsmash edgeguarding FTW though.

>________________>

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ike is my secondary. People say Ike is cheap only because they can't play and they always nake stupid mistakes, like running into Fsmashes. These types of people should just be ignores.

Message to those idiots:
Ike is not cheap, you are just stupid.

-Ter

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
Ask them for 10 reasons on how he IS cheap -_- They can only probablly come up with like...3.

Anyway, all of his attacks are so predictable. It's not the Ike being cheap, it's how much they suck at killing him. You can probablly land like 10 hits on him by the time he manages to land 1 on you (depending on the character). Someone who can play good can defeat any enemy with ease, unless they're spamming some annoying move over and over again.

WolFlash

Smash Cadet
Ike is not cheap at all, unless ur a super noob. But on the plus side he has two recovery specials and his quick draw charged up covers enough distance to cancel out his lack of projectiles. And most of Ike strong attacks (tilt a+ direction) are decent finishers and his down strong is a dair spike. So hes not all that bad but hes hard to play with.

HeWhoCanSee

Smash Cadet
Heres a ten.

1.Ike is slow
2.for a heavy, hes REALLY light
3.Ike's forward smash is strong but you hit with it like, 7% of the time?
4.if Ike is shot back and he's slightly under the stage, he can't recover
5. Use Mid air dodge to stop Aether, is it really that hard?
6. 80% of Ike's attack have serious lag.
7. He has NO RANGE
8. There are times where Ike can't connect a finisher, because hes too slow.
9. Ike's counter isn't cheap noob, use grab.
10. King Dee Dee Dee's inhale will DESTROY you, if you Quick Draw into it. Dee Dee Dee is Anti-Ike, use him if you hate Ike

got any more? this is all i can think of.
I only really have a problem with 7. Ike has the best range of all non-projectile moves on his Fair. -_-;

Ike is not cheap at all, unless ur a super noob. But on the plus side he has two recovery specials and his quick draw charged up covers enough distance to cancel out his lack of projectiles. And most of Ike strong attacks (tilt a+ direction) are decent finishers and his down strong is a dair spike. So hes not all that bad but hes hard to play with.
What? Even if you hit, QD has too much frigging lag to follow up, and if you barely miss and end up swinging, you're ****ed. No one uses it as an attack.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
How to gimp Ike..? Throw him off, throw something so he's forced to airdodge ...wait for Aether, quickly grade the ledge...laugh. Now of course it isn't that simple but it sure happens enough in tournament to make a difference. And no, of course that isn't the only way to gimp Ike...if you play someone who actually KNOWS how to play the game and knows how to hold the ledge at the right time Ike's "amazing" recovery isn't so amazing. In fact vs. a good player it's really risky if they know you need to grab on to the ledge.
I agree with you that gimping Ike by edge hogging is possible but, it is not that simple. In Brawl, you can grab the edge from relatively far away and from under it as well (in comparison to Melee). By mastering the distance traveled using Aether and the distance necessary to sweet-spot the ledge; you can trick opponents to time their edge hog incorrectly by holding your UpB a bit longer. If successful, you'll land an Aether spike and potentially kill them! It will only work against people who aim their edge hog attempts using your position as reference, those who wait for Aether’s starting animation probably will succeed.

Too long; didn’t read: Ike’s success in his recovery is not entirely dictated by his opponent ability to gimp him. The Ike player can get better at avoiding gimp attempts.

Here are my views over Ike’s weaknesses:
1. Lag;
2. Limited and linear recovery options;
3. Some of his moves are very situational, especially his special attacks;
4. He doesn’t have many moves with multiple hits or lingering hitboxes;
5. His grab range is too short and he has no true combos to follow with;
6. He doesn’t have any AT of his own.

Top Bottom