• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ok,this might sound like a stupid question,but...

NNID
MasterHavik
What does it take to sue the pokemon trainer? i mean it three chaarcters,with one being fast,the next being good at combos,and last being a ***** t ofight agasint.I don't understand what it take to be good with them.Please any,PT's palyers can help me out on this one,please?

TheLake

Smash Master
Fall in love with one. Try using that single pokemon and realize you cant. Realize you have to be awsome with all three. Use bullet seed. Head butt rocks. Spin in a shell to upsmash. Razor leaf alot. Head butt rocks. taunt when nessicary. Switch when nessicary. COUNTER PICK WHEN NESSICARY.

Those should steer you in a somewhat decent direction.

Glad to be of service (:

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
What does it take to sue the pokemon trainer? i mean it three chaarcters,with one being fast,the next being good at combos,and last being a ***** t ofight agasint.I don't understand what it take to be good with them.Please any,PT's palyers can help me out on this one,please?
Dunno...maybe a lawyer would help ya.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
The sum of the parts is less than the sum of the whole.

While all three pokemon are powerful on their own, it is when they come together that they suceed.

And remember that all of them play completely differently, which means you have to good at switching gears in the middle of a fight.

But this also means the opponent has to switch gears in the middle of a fight, and 9 times out of 10, you'll be better at switching gears than the opponent.

Igx25

Smash Rookie

While all three pokemon are powerful on their own, it is when they come together that they suceed.

And remember that all of them play completely differently, which means you have to good at switching gears in the middle of a fight.

But this also means the opponent has to switch gears in the middle of a fight, and 9 times out of 10, you'll be better at switching gears than the opponent.
Yes yes Gestalt principle indeed :p.

I hate playing one character, it gets really boring. PT might be one character but it's more like three and thus way more entertaining then playing with just one. Also Squirtle possibly has the most annoyingly cute taunt next to pichu's in melee.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman

Well if you wanna be technical , if one of the parts is a negative number then the other 2 would have a higher sum than all 3 together.

Meaning that if using one of the 3 pokemon is a detriment that does not perform as well as the other 2 it would be better to try to somehow make up for that weakness and focus your effort into the sum by the better use of the rest of the parts.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Well if you wanna be technical , if one of the parts is a negative number then the other 2 would have a higher sum than all 3 together.

Meaning that if using one of the 3 pokemon is a detriment that does not perform as well as the other 2 it would be better to try to somehow make up for that weakness and focus your effort into the sum by the better use of the rest of the parts.
Yes, but a good Trainer levels up his pokemon equally, in case a type disadvantage comes up.

Case in point, I used to be good with Squirtle and Ivysaur, but sucked with Charizard.

I managed, for a time.

Than Olimar came.

Both Squirtle and Ivysaur (in my experience) were at a disadvantage. And since I had ignored Charizard, I was defeated mercilessly.

Now I no longer suck with Charizard.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but a good Trainer levels up his pokemon equally, in case a type disadvantage comes up.

Case in point, I used to be good with Squirtle and Ivysaur, but sucked with Charizard.

I managed, for a time.

Than Olimar came.

Both Squirtle and Ivysaur (in my experience) were at a disadvantage. And since I had ignored Charizard, I was defeated mercilessly.

Now I no longer suck with Charizard.
A good trainer capitalizes on his strong points while improving , sure aim for the stars the heavens are your only wall...but in the meantime you do need to find a way to win while improving on that 3rd wheel...and that is using it in a way that does not wholly cramp your style.

I always start with ivy and i always play 5 stock...i find it much easier to KO with ivy than squirtle so i simply rack up dmg with him and go with ivy for the KO...zard is a beast on his own...so it's not like i'm bad with squirtle...i'm just not that amazingly great with him...and that matters when i play zard out long enough for ivy to be at full energy, ready to get in as fast as possible (safely of course) once squirtle has done all the work for him.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
A good trainer capitalizes on his strong points while improving , sure aim for the stars the heavens are your only wall...but in the meantime you do need to find a way to win while improving on that 3rd wheel...and that is using it in a way that does not wholly cramp your style.

I always start with ivy and i always play 5 stock...i find it much easier to KO with ivy than squirtle so i simply rack up dmg with him and go with ivy for the KO...zard is a beast on his own...so it's not like i'm bad with squirtle...i'm just not that amazingly great with him...and that matters when i play zard out long enough for ivy to be at full energy, ready to get in as fast as possible (safely of course) once squirtle has done all the work for him.
Ok, I'll give you that, but that will only get you sao far.

In your case, Pit and ROB might give you problems, as Charizard isn't good aginst them, while Ivysaur is only equal. While if you had Squirtle, he ccould tear both of them a new one.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'll give you that, but that will only get you sao far.

In your case, Pit and ROB might give you problems, as Charizard isn't good aginst them, while Ivysaur is only equal. While if you had Squirtle, he ccould tear both of them a new one.
I can manhandle rob with ivy rather easily since he's way too easy to bullet seed and then you just nail him with a good smash that won't allow him to pimp out his broken recovery. As for pit...i find charizard able to counter him...granted i've never faced an ungodly good pit but my strategy against him is hit him with long range moves...and zard's moves and grabs do have the longest range of the 3.

And again it's not like i won't be using squirtle at all...it's more that i will use him just enough...since esp with rob you really need that umph behind your KO moves...something ivy's Uair really does carry over :D.

Top Bottom