• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ok, I just had a very interesting theory...

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Well, we now know that Japan got screwed out of getting it as expected...

but we got Sonic, and fanboys/haters are all weeping for different reasons.

Capcom made the statement that they will be releasing big details about their games ....

Guys...

and Gals...

The US conference is tomorrow. Capcom is going to be releasing big news...

I strongly believe, to rival the Sonic update? We will be getting the new US release date followed by....

MEGAMAN!

Quote me on this. I have a VERY strong feeling that I am right.

Hero_of_Shadows

Smash Cadet
I so wish this were true... Sonic+Mega Man=Awesome. Mega Man and Sonic are the two first series I played.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Bringing in Megaman would be great damage control after the delay in smash XD.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
You know, that IS a very interesting theory... I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, but I don't know if the internet would be able to handle so much awesome at such a short time! Megaman is a heavily demanded 3rd party character, and as far as I can see they are only being unveiled by awesome trailers in conferences, and Nintendo IS running out of places to put another character in!

On the other side, I also wouldn't be surprised if they just showed us the same stuff as in the Japan conference, right down to a delay somewhere... oh well, at least we'll be able to find out shortly, won't we?

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Bringing in Megaman would be great damage control after the delay in smash XD.
As if Sonic wasn't enough? Guys, i think Sonic was it...we won't be getting another 3rd party character for a long time.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
What do you mean damage control? If it's all for the benefit of improving Brawl, then by all means the can delay it until 2010.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
While it would be interesting I don't *quite* see why they would release one right after the other. With the reaction Sonic has gotten, as well as 2 new videos, it was more than enough "damage control" as it's been put, to counter the release date. *Perhaps* we could get something significant tomorrow *if* they did decide to give the new release date, but I don't quite see it happening. 3rd party confirmations will be widespread in my opinion, to keep the hype going, moreso than the hype that could be received from, say, revealing Luigi :p

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Lavis, I can only hope that you're right...I'll be checking the DOJO frequently tommorow and Friday...
Hoping for X, hoping for X, hoping for X.............

Edit: btw Terrabottuti, how do you mean they are running out of places?
It's not like the team working on Brawl is putting in characters at the last
moment, Sonic was in all along, they just didn't release the info, IF we get a
Megaman update soon, it doesn't mean that he just made his way into the game,
he was planned loooooooong before the update.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I wouldn't doubt it dude. I can really see it happening.

I'll be sure to remember you for saying it first.

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
Sonic... AND Megaman? This would mean Sakurai is stuck somewhere in the 90's, and we may have to save him from a supervillain/Smash Fan that wants their past favorites in the game.

Still, it would be pretty sweet.

gnosis

Smash Lord
I'm guessing there'll be another third party character, but it'll be unveiled near release. Snake we got at the beginning, Sonic is kind of the 'middle' (as far as Dojo updates go, I guess), and then one near the end of it all.

Megaman being my number one hopeful :D.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I'm guessing there'll be another third party character, but it'll be unveiled near release. Snake we got at the beginning, Sonic is kind of the 'middle' (as far as Dojo updates go, I guess), and then one near the end of it all.

Megaman being my number one hopeful :D.
Its just a matter of time now....

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
If that happens the mega PWning of this wekk will be impossible to beat.............. the only thing able to beat all this **** is the game release XD

Diemonds

Smash Apprentice
there gonna get u all amped up and put sonic n mega man and Geno in it just to tell u were gonna have to push it back so we wont be so mad at dem :chuckle:

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Where's it say there'll be a conference tomorrow? Source is always the first thing I check for...

I could almost guarentee we'll get a new release date. Part of me still convinces myself that MegaMan isn't as likely as I want him to be, because I don't want to get my hopes up.

But it sure would be sweet.

Kel

Smash Master
Why not just ask that guy that said Sonic would be revealed today like a month ago or whatever if Megaman will be in it? I mean, didn't megaman win the japanese character poll?

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Ryu from Street fighter guys! xD

>B Hadoken
^B Shouryuken
vB Attack foot hurricane

eh??? EHHH??

Well, probably not, but a man can deam -_-

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't think Capcom would announce that Megaman is in Brawl. Konami and Sega didn't announce Snake and Sonic.

As much as I'd like to see Megaman, according to the icon theory he would have to be #19. Olimar would also be #19, so theoretically only one of the 2 of them can be in the game. I have to lean towards Olimar because Nya says that Olimar is in, and he was right about Sonic so his word is credible to me.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
I don't think Capcom would announce that Megaman is in Brawl. Konami and Sega didn't announce Snake and Sonic.

As much as I'd like to see Megaman, according to the icon theory he would have to be #19. Olimar would also be #19, so theoretically only one of the 2 of them can be in the game. I have to lean towards Olimar because Nya says that Olimar is in, and he was right about Sonic so his word is credible to me.
While I normally /facepalm when people whine about a characters size for his reasons not to be in Brawl, I have to use it myself now tho.

Olimar is really REALLY REALLY small.

Not, "Oh he's a bit small but we can just scale him up lol" small, but like, the size of an ant.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
You say it as if predicting Sonic in Brawl was this gigantic leap of faith that no one dared even mention.
He said 3 days ago that Sonic would be shown on the dojo on Wednesday. That's a pretty lucky guess...

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
He said 3 days ago that Sonic would be shown on the dojo on Wednesday. That's a pretty lucky guess...
Yeah, a lucky guess that half of SWF made when they heard there was going to be a Nintendo conference on wednesday. :p

To jog everyone's memory, people have been guessing for Sonic to be revealed on every single conference date since E3. That's like three or four conferences, a few of which Brawl wound up not being shown at. Just because someone finally got lucky and called Sonic on a conference day doesn't make them able to predict the future.

And for the record, I called the Ice Climbers down to the exact day and I didn't even have any logic to back my guess aside from gut instinct.

Break

Smash Apprentice
And for the record, I called the Ice Climbers down to the exact day and I didn't even have any logic to back my guess aside from gut instinct.
Source is also the first thing I check for. Ironic, no? ;)

Top Bottom