• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Officlal Famitsu Booklet Thread: Scans Up! Translators Needed!

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: It's copywright 2006. What SE games were made copywright 06? Maybe that'll help us find clues. =D
Apparently SE made Mario Hoops 3 on 3, according to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Square_Enix_games

Also, Soul Caliber 2 was on all 3 last gen consoles, and Necrid was in all 3 versions. I severely doubt he's in Brawl in any way, shape, or form. Honestly, I bet they just had a screenshot of Link vs. Necrid from SC2 to illustrate their point about his FS being from that game. That also sounds stupid to me, because I'm positive Link didn't have any moves like his FS in SC2.

Dremark

Smash Rookie
Lol oh I see. You're probably right. Any smash characters affilated with Hudson or Capcom in someway though? =D
Hudson developed all the Mario Party games as well as Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman.

Capcom owned the development studio that made Zelda: Minish Cap IIRC.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kool. That's good info. right there!! Plus it's got a 2006 release!!
One problem with that...the Copyright date goes BEFORE THE COMPANY, not after...we can't see the Square's copyright date

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
One problem with that...the Copyright date goes BEFORE THE COMPANY, not after...we can't see the Square's copyright date

The first picture shows the left side of the copywrite stuff, and the second pic shows the right side.... if you can count lines, you'd see that the 2006 is at the end of the 2nd line, and SQUARE ENIX is at the beginning of the 3rd line.

X-DS

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing the Necrid thing is just one of those "you have to mention this everytime you do the copyright for Soul Calibur 2" things.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
I'm also curious as to see if any more scans or coming in. Sorry if it's alot of effort on your part. =P

Teej

Smash Cadet
Kingdom Hearts 2 is under copyright 2006.

Fingers crossed in my case. >_>

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Wow, now that is interesting. You have the booklet right? You might want to check Link's History page to see if his adventures in Soul Calibur 2 were recorded. That might be the quickest way to check.

X-DS

Smash Cadet
Wow, now that is interesting. You have the booklet right? You might want to check Link's History page to see if his adventures in Soul Calibur 2 were recorded. That might be the quickest way to check.
It's in a section that's there for each character which is roughly translated as "To Enjoy Smash Bros Brawl More", and it lists a bunch of games that aspects for that character's Brawl appearance come from. In Link's case, it has Soul Calibur 2 (it's him fighting 2P Taki BTW), and it's crediting that game with the "Triforce Rush".

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
So that generally confirms that the credits are being used for the information given. So just because they're mentioned, it doesn't mean anything. That pretty much solidifies the theory.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Kingdom Hearts 2 is under copyright 2006.

Fingers crossed in my case. >_>
Not in Japan. It came out in December of 05 in Japan, and seeing as how this booklet, as well as this GAME, are Japanese, I'd say KH2 is out of luck.

Too bad though, I'd actually like to fight as Sora, even if he doesn't really fit Nintendo at all.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's in a section that's there for each character which is roughly translated as "To Enjoy Smash Bros Brawl More", and it lists a bunch of games that aspects for that character's Brawl appearance come from. In Link's case, it has Soul Calibur 2 (it's him fighting 2P Taki BTW), and it's crediting that game with the "Triforce Rush".
I think that's all the copyright stuff is for...

Just the games and such listed in the book, not characters in smash

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
edit: nvm read the original post about the companies listed.

Yeah necrid is probably a sticker. Still would be cool if he somehow were an AT.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
wow, this is interesting. We could be on the verge of a huge brawl spoiler.
Ya. I've posted reason on who I think is "The Studio", and my evidence says it's most likely Capcom. I looked it all up and everything, using evidence on the old dojo (Sakurai said something like "The Studio" just made a big game, so I checked every single game that came out in 2004 anbd 2005, and listed them accordingly by company). However, the next most likely company was Square Enix. This could actually mean something. >_<

But patience is key. However, Brawl is almost upon us. 12 days until rapture, or rather, 1 week and 5 days. ;)

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
I was under the impression Sora has been confirmed as "The Studio" for a long time now..

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nah, that's GameSpot lies! XD Sora is I think confirmed to be working on the game, but I doubt they are the Studio. Sakurai acted like it's going to be a BIG surprise. And the selling point is Capcom's good games, and ends of series. Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 4: The Ps2 Port. MegaMan Battle Network 4: Team Protoman/Colonial/super team thingy (3 games). Megaman Battle Network 6: Cyberbeast Falzar/Gregar (two games). MegaMan X8. MegaMan Zero 4. Plus more, obviously. >_> Point is, if that isn't evidence of "big games" (Sakurai said they just "finished" a "big game" on the old Brawl dojo), especially Resident Evil and it's (first) port, I don't know what is.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Nah, that's GameSpot lies! XD Sora is I think confirmed to be working on the game, but I doubt they are the Studio. Sakurai acted like it's going to be a BIG surprise. And the selling point is Capcom's good games, and ends of series. Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 4: The Ps2 Port. MegaMan Battle Network 4: Team Protoman/Colonial/super team thingy (3 games). Megaman Battle Network 6: Cyberbeast Falzar/Gregar (two games). MegaMan X8. MegaMan Zero 4. Plus more, obviously. >_> Point is, if that isn't evidence of "big games" (Sakurai said they just "finished" a "big game" on the old Brawl dojo), especially Resident Evil and it's (first) port, I don't know what is.
Interesting stuff.
When I heard SEnix involvement, I thought Sora right away.
Lol.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Interesting stuff.
When I heard SEnix involvement, I thought Sora right away.
Lol.
I'm hoping Square Enix is involved-along with Capcom, of course. After all, Capcom made the best selling fighting game series of all-time in Street Fighter, and the best selling fighting game of all-time in Street Fighter II. If anyone has fighting game experience, it's Capcom. As for Square Enix, they just do EVERYTHING RIGHT! Let us hope and pray both are involved in the development of Brawl. And Sora is a AT. :p

:laugh:

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
I am a massive Square Enix nerd, so I would love some involvement! Yoko Shimomura was enough for me already, but any references would be great. This could just further the Geno support though, with Squaresoft now being Square Enix, but I'm all for more ^^'.

Capcom do indeed rule also. I'm a fan of their more original titles like Okami and Zack and Wiki, but I wouldn't mind somebody else. In reality though, I'm more for the Nintendo characters, not third party, but such a variety is encouraging.

-- Andy

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Argh! I really want this to be fake! There are hardly any characters up there, much less than even I expected, and I'm the pessimist!

I never thought that all those jokes about only having 5 more characters than Melee could actually become true. **** I hope it's not.

EDIT: Argh, I'm an idiot, I posted before reading :laugh:

Hold on, I'll read the first post then edit.

EDIT2: OK, just read it, I don't change my opinion much :p I'm hoping that 30 is not ALL the characters. I'm also thinking I'm going to be disappointed, and that more than half the Melee characters will not be returning. :(

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
I think it'll be perfectly adequate, as long as it's balanced. I love the roster so far on the Dojo, that would do me fine, even if I would love Isaac to be in. Optimism all the way :). I admit though, the more the merrier, as long as they're well thought through and not too cloney. It certainly makes online more interesting :D.

-- Andy

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
The thing is that Melee didn't have 25 movesets, but 18 (seeing as half the newcomers were clones).

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
My sentiments exactly! At least this title has unique movesets, final smashes, and designs. There's a lot to take in already. Any additions would be gladly accepted, but we already have a vast improvement.

-- Andy

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Melee had 19 including Sheik (I think) but still, I was expecting at least 35... Not to mention Sakurai said there would be more than we could imagine... argh it would just be so disappointing :p and even though people say "Well at least the game will be very good" they can't deny their disappointment, they're just trying to make the rest of us feel better (for me it's not working)

I thought I had my hopes LOW. If you ask me I don't think there's a chance that 5 more characters will be revealed before Japanese release, especially since it's usually one a week maximum...

Just think, this could be NO LUIGI. No Jigglypuff? No Captain Falcon? No Ganondorf? It feels so incredibly limited already... :(

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
You know mario and pacman has raced side by side in mario kart in the arcade... perhaps if namco has their hands in brawl... ew, i don't want to see pacman fighting....
I do.

I think it's just copyrights because of the history pages.

At least I hope so.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
ACTUALLY that's very true! I forgot about them, they're classics ^^'. Yea, I'd love those and Game & Watch in. There's a lot of potential, you are right. AAAAH! YOU ARE RIGHT! Dammit >.<. I think we all expect a lot out of this haha, I think I'd be settled with those veterans and a few more newcomers. I doubt the Dojo will reveal all those though, unless they have a Veteran a day for one week O.O.

-- Andy

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Not in Japan. It came out in December of 05 in Japan, and seeing as how this booklet, as well as this GAME, are Japanese, I'd say KH2 is out of luck.

Too bad though, I'd actually like to fight as Sora, even if he doesn't really fit Nintendo at all.
Final Fantasy XII came in 2006 in japan is could Vaan be in.

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
necrid could be a good choice for brawl as he doesnt use a convntional weopon like most soul calibur characters and there are already enough sword weilders he would also be a good "mature" addition for the roster as well as from a reputable and well known franchise

ill keep my barely substantiated opttimism that this is real until proved otherwise

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Melee had 19 including Sheik (I think) but still, I was expecting at least 35... Not to mention Sakurai said there would be more than we could imagine... argh it would just be so disappointing :p and even though people say "Well at least the game will be very good" they can't deny their disappointment, they're just trying to make the rest of us feel better (for me it's not working)

I thought I had my hopes LOW. If you ask me I don't think there's a chance that 5 more characters will be revealed before Japanese release, especially since it's usually one a week maximum...

Just think, this could be NO LUIGI. No Jigglypuff? No Captain Falcon? No Ganondorf? It feels so incredibly limited already... :(
With Melee, the official website didn't even reveal the first hidden character until after the game came out. The entire roster was leaked onto the internet a month earlier by some random forum member on IGN forums, but no one believed it, because there were about 100 other fake rosters going around.

A lot of people thought that we'd seen pretty much the entire roster with the possibility of maybe one or two more, and a lot of people questioned whether or not Jigglypuff or Luigi would return. People argued that they wouldn't return because Jigglypuff "wasn't that good in SSB64" and that Luigi was "too similar to Mario" and they needed to make room for newer characters.

Then this leaked onto the internet, and everybody decided that Ganondorf was "deconfirmed." They hadn't shown trophies of any other playable characters, so why would they one of Ganondorf if he was going to be playable?

Then the game came out in Japan, and not only were Luigi, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf all in the game, but the entire roster went from 15 to 26(almost double what people expected it to be).

So you're right, they probably aren't going to show 5 more characters in two weeks. For all we know, they might not even show one more character in two weeks. But that doesn't mean that there won't be anymore characters. The game could come out, and we could find out that there's a whole crap load of characters we didn't even know about.

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
Guys, my biggest suspicion about this whole thing is that if you had the Prima guide in your hand, would you really only scan the copyrights?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Guys, my biggest suspicion about this whole thing is that if you had the Prima guide in your hand, would you really only scan the copyrights?
That's actually a really good point, and I don't know why noone has seen it before. Anyone can make a cover like that, and anyone can make a list of Copyrights. You could argue it's a tease, it just doesn't sound unlikely.

With Melee, the official website didn't even reveal the first hidden character until after the game came out. The entire roster was leaked onto the internet a month earlier by some random forum member on IGN forums, but no one believed it, because there were about 100 other fake rosters going around.

A lot of people thought that we'd seen pretty much the entire roster with the possibility of maybe one or two more, and a lot of people questioned whether or not Jigglypuff or Luigi would return. People argued that they wouldn't return because Jigglypuff "wasn't that good in SSB64" and that Luigi was "too similar to Mario" and they needed to make room for newer characters.

Then this leaked onto the internet, and everybody decided that Ganondorf was "deconfirmed." They hadn't shown trophies of any other playable characters, so why would they one of Ganondorf if he was going to be playable?

Then the game came out in Japan, and not only were Luigi, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf all in the game, but the entire roster went from 15 to 26(almost double what people expected it to be).

So you're right, they probably aren't going to show 5 more characters in two weeks. For all we know, they might not even show one more character in two weeks. But that doesn't mean that there won't be anymore characters. The game could come out, and we could find out that there's a whole crap load of characters we didn't even know about.
By god I hop you're right, but Smash Bros is a series with few games, I don't know if we can really go on the step up between SSB64 to Melee as the main speculation for what the Brawl roster could be like, especially with everyone going on about breaking tradition (I don't even see why this should be... don't fix what isn't broken...)

I guess we'll see in 2 weeks, but for now my expectations are low, and then if a bigger roster is revealed I'll literally be in shock and awe.

User33

Smash Journeyman
There's a huge hole in this "30 character thing".

The guide is released. It's already out. And I doubt Famitsu would be allowed to show any new characters. So what if the guide only showed characters from the Dojo, and the last pages talked about something else, like stages?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
If that guide showed a single character that we didn't already know about, it would have been posted all over the internet by now. As a matter of fact, they did and it was. Scans of Sheik from that magazine were posted on this site hours before Sheik was revealed on the dojo.

Top Bottom