• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Officlal Famitsu Booklet Thread: Scans Up! Translators Needed!

agag19

Smash Rookie
^^^ I think you have misinterpreted the Original poster, he's not saying only 30 characters in the game he saying that Famitsu can only reveal up to 30 characters for whatever reason.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I think the leak WAS intentional...

I mean think about it... The leak, which IS a leak as we don't actually have the booklet to thumb through, was timed EXACTLY to Sheik's appearence on the Dojo. Pretty BIG coincidence if you ask me... Last time that happened was with Sonic in one of the video.

Yes, there are some characters in the book, but I don't think its all of them. Every time Brawl is described, it is spoken off as being jammed packed with stuff, and only 5 more characters than Melee likely being Luigi, Captain Falcon, Mr. Game & Watch, Some Newcomer and one more just WON'T cut it. I'd rather have clones than a pitiful roster of 30.

No, what the booklet lists is the starter roster + Sonic, Snake & any other third-party that shows up. Any character revealed in the booklet is a playable character from the time you turn the game on... except of course, Brawl's Guests. What I believe is that we will get three more newcomers, Captain Falcon & Mr. Game & Watch as starting fighters, if our theory is correct.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Excellent. I have MP3, Galaxy, BWii2 and a few other games on my card.

What would be cool is if you could unlock alt. costumes the same way. Unfortunately, Sakurai said Wario was the only one who had alt costumes.

RoboPlato

Smash Rookie
If there is any more info then it will be coming sometime tonight, most likely after 7pm EST since it will be 9AM Friday in Japan. Not getting my hopes up, though.

X-DS

Smash Cadet
LOL, where are these dates coming from? It came out Friday, and per usual, there was nothing in it that wasn't already posted on the Dojo (and there weren't even pages for Shiek and Pikmin & Olimar).

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
LOL, where are these dates coming from? It came out Friday, and per usual, there was nothing in it that wasn't already posted on the Dojo (and there weren't even pages for Shiek and Pikmin & Olimar).
Was there anything in it about Subspace Emissary length and boss hints, and any mention of unlockable content based on save files for other games?

Revven

FrankerZ
And... which issue are you taking about?

X-DS

Smash Cadet
Was there anything in it about Subspace Emissary length and boss hints, and any mention of unlockable content based on save files for other games?
Nope, just stuff from the smash Dojo!!. As for the unlockable stuff, I didn't see anything but I honestly didn't read in depth. Which is something I'll try to do while travelling today.

And... which issue are you taking about?
Obviously the Famitsu that came with the Smash "guide" with all the scans everyone has been talking about and which ShortFuse made this "officlal" thread about.

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
Nope, just stuff from the smash Dojo!!. As for the unlockable stuff, I didn't see anything but I honestly didn't read in depth. Which is something I'll try to do while travelling today.
Ah.

So you never seen this:
·some figures will appear as assist trophies if you gain them

· A boss in Submissary is from the fire emblem series. He does not fight but he summons monsters.

· Boss rush mode after clearing Submissary.

· You will need 240 hours to clear submissary with every character available.

· Bowser, Dedede and Wario also appear as bosses in the submissary mode.. they are beeing mind controlled

· If you have a save data of ssbm you will get special trophies, BGM etc.

· same with super mario galaxy and some other wii games
This is from Ruliweb and they got it from 2ch and supposedly its from Famitsu.

Revven

FrankerZ
Huh, I thought it wasn't going to be out till Feb 1st though... unless it's out on the streets earlier. =\

smash_crash

Smash Rookie
I just got the "guide" today at a Japanese bookstore here in Southern California.
Like X-DS said, there wasn't really any new information in the guide. It basically says the stuff
from the Dojo, as well as where some of the moves come from.

I don't know if this was said already, but Famitsu says that Mario's Final Smash comes from his Ultra Fireball move from Super Mario RPG and Link's comes from some combo in Soul Calibur 2....the guide gives information like that.

I also got the what I guess is a spinoff magazine of Famitsu, specifically for the Wii and DS. It also gives a mini guide, but it gives less info than the one in the main issue. It also comes with stickers (and other Mario-related stuff)

If anyone wants to request some scans of the booklets, just let me know.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I saw the booklet from Famitsu too. Nothing new to it. I didnt buy it but I spent a good 30 minutes looking at it. It reiterates most of the stuff from Dojo, but it also gives a lot of background info on all the characters. It even discusses the original game and Melee. But nowhere does it assert that any unconfirmed characters will be returning.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
i might not have time to update this thread. whobby is going on. it ends at 2AM (for me) then tomorrow, it's whobby again until 2AM so i'll probably update this sunday

smash_crash

Smash Rookie
Oh geez....

I looked through the booklet again, trying to see where the info about having Melee data will earn you trophies. I couldn't find it, but it might be because I can't read Japanese well...=P

Anyway, I looked at the back cover with the cool Brawl box cover picture, when I saw the credits or the list of companies at the bottom. It was here where I saw some interesting info.

Now, I must warn you. I'm not entirely sure if the credits are for the actual game, or if they're just for the booklet. Also, any companies listed here don't necessarily confirm or disconfirm a character. Here we go...

RARE: We all know Diddy Kong is in the game, but i also saw the character Banjo and Krunch mentioned.

U's BMB Entertainment Corp.: What is this? Does anyone know anything from this company?

SQUARE ENIX: Eh?.....

CAMELOT: I'm not sure if this is for the Golden Sun series or the Mario sports series - it just mentions Camelot.

NAMCO: It's listed, and also Necrid (?) is mentioned. Now, this doesn't confirm him, because it says "illustration", so he may just be a sticker.

Remember, this doesn't confirm or disconfirm anyone, because the booklet was released before the delay. I'll try to get a picture ('cuz i don't have a scanner at the moment...:()

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
RARE: We all know Diddy Kong is in the game, but i also saw the character Banjo and Krunch mentioned.
Banjo and Krunch mentioned how? I highly doubt Banjo would make it in the game somehow, yet Krunch is one of their generic enemies named from the DK series...

U's BMB Entertainment Corp.: What is this? Does anyone know anything from this company?
...apparently it's a karaoke company...biggest one in Japan, part of the USEN corp. which specializes in some type of media content and sending it via satellite.

Geno, FF character, DQ/DW character?

CAMELOT: I'm not sure if this is for the Golden Sun series or the Mario sports series - it just mentions Camelot.
Could be for Waluigi assist trophy or for GS characters/stickers. We saw a sticker of someone from GS didn't we?

NAMCO: It's listed, and also Necrid (?) is mentioned. Now, this doesn't confirm him, because it says "illustration", so he may just be a sticker.
Necrid? A Soul Calibur 2 character? That's...weird

Now you need to get those pics...and if you're messing with us all, then you can go straight down and burn, burn in a ring of fire...

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
Oh geez....

I looked through the booklet again, trying to see where the info about having Melee data will earn you trophies. I couldn't find it, but it might be because I can't read Japanese well...=P

Anyway, I looked at the back cover with the cool Brawl box cover picture, when I saw the credits or the list of companies at the bottom. It was here where I saw some interesting info.

Now, I must warn you. I'm not entirely sure if the credits are for the actual game, or if they're just for the booklet. Also, any companies listed here don't necessarily confirm or disconfirm a character. Here we go...

Remember, this doesn't confirm or disconfirm anyone, because the booklet was released before the delay. I'll try to get a picture ('cuz i don't have a scanner at the moment...:()
Maybe its referring to the material used to make this booklet?

but Famitsu says that Mario's Final Smash comes from his Ultra Fireball move from Super Mario RPG and Link's comes from some combo in Soul Calibur 2....the guide gives information like that.

Croco

Smash Lord
Banjo and Krunch mentioned how? I highly doubt Banjo would make it in the game somehow, yet Krunch is one of their generic enemies named from the DK series...

Krunch is a character in Diddy Kong racing.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Krunch

...apparently it's a karaoke company...biggest one in Japan, part of the USEN corp. which specializes in some type of media content and sending it via satellite.
No clue..

Geno, FF character, DQ/DW character?
Probably

Necrid? A Soul Calibur 2 character? That's...weird
Not really.. very possible that a Soul Calibur character is represented.
READ ABOVE.. lol

Mess

Smash Cadet
Banjo (minus Kazooie) and Krunch were both in Diddy Kong Racing. It might just have been a blurb about Diddy's first venture in a solo game.

smash_crash

Smash Rookie
Now you need to get those pics...and if you're messing with us all, then you can go straight down and burn, burn in a ring of fire...
Sorry if this caused any excitement. It was just something I saw and I thought I should show it. I'm trying to upload pics as fast as I can.

Maybe its referring to the material used to make this booklet?
That's what I thought too, but it listed weird stuff like Banjo and Necrid... it's kind of making me frustrated.

Banjo (minus Kazooie) and Krunch were both in Diddy Kong Racing. It might just have been a blurb about Diddy's first venture in a solo game.
Really? That explains Banjo then. If Soul Calibur 2 has to be refrenced as a game, does Necrid have to be mentioned along with it? If it's true, then we can confirm that I was wrong....sorry:(

Also, did anyone translate the Ness blurb on the Lucas's History page? Just wanted to know what it said...

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
You know mario and pacman has raced side by side in mario kart in the arcade... perhaps if namco has their hands in brawl... ew, i don't want to see pacman fighting....

smash_crash

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the huge pictures, but...ok, here's proof I have the book:

(front cover)

This mentions "Banjo and Krunch" after Diddy Kong's name, and also under his name is Square Enix.

This mentions "Necrid".....

but I didn't find any pictures of Banjo or Necrid in the booklet. Like I said before, this may mean nothing, so you may as well take this with a grain of salt. I just thought it was interesting information to share.

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
Can you get a full list of companies mentioned in this copyright thing?

BTW, I figured out U's BMB Entertainment relation.

They were involved with Donkey Konga.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Since you mentioned Link's FS originates from Soul Calibur, I'm guessing Necrid was mentioned in the same sentence, or something along those lines?

I'd say it's possible Necrid is a sticker , trophy, or assist trophy. Necrid has only appeared in one game, Soul Calibur 2, which was a Nintendo console. He was designed by a toy creator, not a game designer. He's appeared on a Nintendo console, so I wouldn't rule him out at all for a possibility of an appearance.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Dang, I'd buy you a scanner right now if I could...

Thanks for being the first real "leak" with any info, by the way.

And I figured someone would be making a bigger deal about the fact that CHUNSOFT made the first 5 Dragon Quest games...

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
You do realize that it probably was, "Diddy who appeared along side Banjo and Krunch in Diddy Kong Racing..." and "Link was an unlockable character along with Necrid in Soul Calibur..." And "Mario appeared in Super Mario RPG created by Squaresoft..."

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
We have "proof" in another place than this forum that Square IS involved with Brawl in some way
Orly? Well that's interesting stuff. =D Recognize Capcom or Hudson on there anywhere by the way? =P

EDIT: It's copywright 2006. What SE games were made copywright 06? Maybe that'll help us find clues. =D

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
You do realize that it probably was, "Diddy who appeared along side Banjo and Krunch in Diddy Kong Racing..." and "Link was an unlockable character along with Necrid in Soul Calibur..." And "Mario appeared in Super Mario RPG created by Squaresoft..."
Lol oh I see. You're probably right. Any smash characters affilated with Hudson or Capcom in someway though? =D

Top Bottom