• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Smashybashy

Smash Apprentice
I think Pichu, Dr.Mario, Y.Link, and Roy will get the boot. I'm not saying I don't like them, they just waste spots for other charaters. Falco and Ganondorf moveset can be modified. The rest can stay.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I think Pichu, Dr.Mario, Y.Link, and Roy will get the boot. I'm not saying I don't like them, they just waste spots for other charaters. Falco and Ganondorf moveset can be modified. The rest can stay.
yey, and by YLink removed you mean CSLink replaces. Yey~!
My new favorite person! You got it RIGHT!
That's rare around here. :p

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
yey, and by YLink removed you mean CSLink replaces. Yey~!
My new favorite person! You got it RIGHT!
That's rare around here. :p
But. . . almost EVERYONE shares those exact same thoughts on the clones. :ohwell:

Zevox

Smash Lord
If Lucas IS replacing Ness, then I pray that he plays somewhat like him regarding attacks, traits, and mobility.
I don't want Lucas to "replace" Ness if he's going to be his own character. That would just defeat the purpose.
Well, it already looks like he has Ness' attacks. Take a look at the first and third images of the update - in the first hes performing Ness' neutral air attack (looks exactly identical), and in the third hes performing Ness' forward air attack (only difference is he has one hand outstretched while Ness had both). More screen shots would be needed to tell for sure, of course, but if we start getting him using using more of Ness' attacks, especially if he has the same specials, it'd point pretty heavily to him either replacing Ness or being a clone (and I think most of us would prefer the former).

Zevox

King Dedede Kirby

Smash Rookie
I hope they don't replace Captain Falcon with someone else! But what are the odds that would
happen? Sure Ness can probably kiss his butt goodbye, but maybe they won't replace the F-Zero racing hero!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow whats up with people thinking C.Falcon is going to be replaced? thats like taking out Mario... but worse.

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
Wow whats up with people thinking C.Falcon is going to be replaced? thats like taking out Mario... but worse.
Yeah, I agree. C.Falcon is a good character, fast and strong; and it already appeard on SSB64 and SSBM, there's no reason to take him out.

Lag

Smash Journeyman
I dont think he's a good character. he's wayyyy tooooo hard to master.
Ehh...I disagree (except the mastery part). Good characters in my opinion are original and their moves are original (and somewhat balanced), which Captain Falcon seems like the canidate for. Care to explain what's your definition of a "good" character?

platnum

Smash Lord
The only characters I wont mind leaving are Roy, Falco and Pichu. (I still love pichu, he just doesnt need to be in it). But the ones that HAVE to return are the original 12 and all the starters in melee.
WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!!! ROY is AWSOME!!!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I agree that Roy is awesome. However he was a clone in Melee, and he's really not important to the Fire Emblem series as a whole.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
C.Falcon is not THAT hard to master, Knee FTW.
Im not sure Ness is out, the mentioned him in Lucas' profile. Might just be announcing him.
Id guess Lucas would be the Dr. Mario to Ness.
More weight, slight different movement.
Or the Luigi to Mario, same Clone, but slight attack differences.
Dont count Ness out just yet.

C.Falcon is hard to play as a newb, but hes broken to a Pro. Lol. Hes sometimes too good. But thats the fun of it.

If ya cant really play that WELL, next to others, Falcon is a hard character to play.
but if your really good or just pretty **** good (by this i mean mastering the physics of the game engine) hes really easy to play and be good with.

Short jumping the knee and up kicking in the air wins you the match. Done.

aruby14

Smash Apprentice
C.Falcon is not THAT hard to master, Knee FTW.
Im not sure Ness is out, the mentioned him in Lucas' profile. Might just be announcing him.
Id guess Lucas would be the Dr. Mario to Ness.
More weight, slight different movement.
Or the Luigi to Mario, same Clone, but slight attack differences.
Dont count Ness out just yet.

C.Falcon is hard to play as a newb, but hes broken to a Pro. Lol. Hes sometimes too good. But thats the fun of it.

If ya cant really play that WELL, next to others, Falcon is a hard character to play.
but if your really good or just pretty **** good (by this i mean mastering the physics of the game engine) hes really easy to play and be good with.

Short jumping the knee and up kicking in the air wins you the match. Done.
Dude totally agree that knee as well as his down meteor smash is perfect
And I sure hoe Lucas is different than Ness as well as id like to see Ness again
Oh and i added your Wii # so hit me up we got to get as many Friend codes as we can for when Brawl hits!

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how they can replace Capt. Falcon.

Main reason: He is the main representative on an entire (successful) series. We already know that Samurai Goroh is an Assist Item, so the series hasn't completely been taken out. And I don't see them making two F-Zero assist trophys so his status as an icon of a popular series TRUMPS any dislike for the character or control problems or tier problems that are in previous game.

So I'll make this claim: You're being foolish, YES you would be a fool to believe he won't be playable in Brawl.

This argument I believe can also be used for Ganondorf. I'm not quite sure about the others.

For Sure For Brawl:
Capt. Falcon
Ganondorf

Dynamism

Smash Lord
who the f*** said falcon has a chance of being replaced?!?! jeez

And I think Lucas and Ness will both be in. Lucas doesn't have a backback so he can't have a Yo-Yo/Bat in his MS. And they're not going to remove them, that wouldn't be smart at all. Ness will be back. We'll know when we see Lucas with PKGround and Starstorm or whatever. Maybe he'll have Ness' SM and Ness will be the new PKG etc...They gave Rumble Falls to DK to improve IcyM. They gave The WChopper to Wario to "possibly improve the Egg Roll (don't know yet). So hopefully Ness either improves or it goes to Lucas to be re-vamped and Ness gets new things to get while keeping the Yoyo and Bat. I think some actual Yo-Yo Glitches should be incorporated to Lucas' MS. With these altered A attacks, it would fit well. And it's unique, and it's something Lucas could use, and it's freakin cool, and it could seperate him from Ness.

Did I mention Luigi will PWN? no? ok, Luigi will PWN!

AlreadyAway

Smash Rookie
I think the best way to look at it is this everyone who was in the original will be back. My reasoning is this, the creators of the first game didn't do melee and are now back on doing this one, and every character from the original are in melee so it would only be proper for them to make and appearance in this one

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
who the f*** said falcon has a chance of being replaced?!?! jeez

And I think Lucas and Ness will both be in. Lucas doesn't have a backback so he can't have a Yo-Yo/Bat in his MS. And they're not going to remove them, that wouldn't be smart at all. Ness will be back. We'll know when we see Lucas with PKGround and Starstorm or whatever. Maybe he'll have Ness' SM and Ness will be the new PKG etc...They gave Rumble Falls to DK to improve IcyM. They gave The WChopper to Wario to "possibly improve the Egg Roll (don't know yet). So hopefully Ness either improves or it goes to Lucas to be re-vamped and Ness gets new things to get while keeping the Yoyo and Bat. I think some actual Yo-Yo Glitches should be incorporated to Lucas' MS. With these altered A attacks, it would fit well. And it's unique, and it's something Lucas could use, and it's freakin cool, and it could seperate him from Ness.

Did I mention Luigi will PWN? no? ok, Luigi will PWN!
I agree with Dynamism!

Lucas AND Ness will be in Brawl. Sure they have similar traits, but it's mostly just physical features which belong to everyone in the Mother games and psi powers which also belong to most characters in the Mother games. I say let Ness rep the psychic heroes from Earthbound by using the best psi abilities used in his game, and have Lucas rep the Mother3 heroes by using the best psi abilities from his game that don't already belong to Ness. Then, we can put Claus in to rep the badguys, and maybe one more for good measure like Poo or Flint (but we don't really have to put more in, I'm just saying it would be cool to have them) (and Poo is a funny word) (and I want to play with Poo).

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Lucas doesn't have a backback so he can't have a Yo-Yo/Bat in his MS.
Since when was that a rule? Mario seems to have no trouble pulling FLUDD out of thin air.

And they're not going to remove them, that wouldn't be smart at all. Ness will be back.
It doesn't seem right to remove Ness to me either, but we are talking about the same person that allowed Snake in this game, which, by the rules that applied to the original two Smash games, "isn't right". ANYTHING could happen.

Not to mention, this little quote:

"The youth with the psychic powers has appeared—it’s Lucas!"

Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything. >_>

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
It doesn't seem right to remove Ness to me either, but we are talking about the same person that allowed Snake in this game, which, by the rules that applied to the original two Smash games, "isn't right". ANYTHING could happen.

Not to mention, this little quote:

"The youth with the psychic powers has appeared—it’s Lucas!"

Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything. >_>
First off, Sakurai can do whatever he wants with his own game. It's HIS game.

Secondly, I don't think the fact that he used the word "the" to describe Lucas really proves anything. I'll bet Ness will be described as "the psychic youth donning a baseball cap with an unlikely aresenal in his backpack"... or something along those lines.

Hopefully, we'll get our wish. But you are right about one thing: ANYTHING could happen.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The thing I'm most worried about is having Lucas only, and having his moveset be different from Ness's.

I'm sorry if that doesn't make much sense... but if Lucas has to replace Ness, then he best have the same moveset. I'd rather not see a unique moveset go down the drain like that.

If Lucas and Ness both make it, than all the power to Lucas having his own moveset!

shadowcontroller

Smash Apprentice
I think Ness will also be in the game, they can´t leave Lucas alone, and also, Ness has already been in
SSB64 and SSBB, so I think he will be in Brawl.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
The thing I'm most worried about is having Lucas only, and having his moveset be different from Ness's.

I'm sorry if that doesn't make much sense... but if Lucas has to replace Ness, then he best have the same moveset. I'd rather not see a unique moveset go down the drain like that.

If Lucas and Ness both make it, than all the power to Lucas having his own moveset!
No, I know exactly what you mean. I have the same exact fear and I say it all the time. (I'm a man who's not afraid to show his emotions... or his emoticons ;):chuckle::(:mad:)

It wouldn't make sense for Lucas to be "replacing" Ness if he doesn't "replace" his moveset. At least most of it, anyway.

But I don't suppose Lucas will replace Ness. Sure some of his screenshots look like they could be filtered over Ness' moves (which I won't mind, as long as most of the other moves are there too), but from looking at it, it seems that the "one-armed PK ball" looks a bit stronger than Ness' fAir. And the jump... just looks like a jump. It doesn't appear to be any one of Ness' moves except maybe his nAir but that's a stretch.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ness is staying, we've gotten screenshots of Mr. Saturn.
out of curiousity where's the screensdhot of Mr. Saturn? but anyway, like Dyce mentioned Sakurai could do anything with Brawl and yea I really hope NESS makes it as well, but like was originally in SBB64 that would be sweet, or better yet better moves, but different from Lucas of course

Top Bottom