• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

MasterGary

Smash Ace
I like the idea but not that you would have to pay for it. Just be able to unlock it by acomplishing certain tasks in the game and challenges and stuff like that.

I have found some new Info on the roster of smash. So now there are 13 "confirmed" characters and 3 that are cut. (finaly y.link is gone even though he's been replaced)

I want to believe it but I'm not sure if its a reliable source. You be the judge.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290

Stryks

Smash Hero
Believe me, I do too, but If U EVER mention that again, everyone here including mods will flame u so bad, freddy krueger would look like he has minor sunburn!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I really doubt there is going to be any new info until the game's release. Plus making downloadable stages and characters will make the game more unbalanced, so I'm not really into that idea.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
i can agree with that last thing i heard about brawl was that sonic was in it or so said a website hahaha rumors FTW

***i know there hasent been an offical release of sonic being in brawl so please dont jump down my throat

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd pay for stuff after the game ships, let's face it, if they try to put all of the characters/stages/modes/items in Brawl it's going ot take forever. If they make 10 character, sell 1 for like $2 and SSBB sells around 5,000,000 [5mil] copies they would make 10 million dollars off of 1 measely character.

Now if they make a bundle with items and such for $15 that's over 100 million dollars. Now we know Brawl is going to sell more than 5 million copies eventually [ignore that fact that Wii hasn't sold over 5mil yet] so this idea isn't a waste of time.

They could go on doing this for years and make milions easily. It's a win/win situtation. We get lots of characters we want, they get money.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
But what about us people that don't realy have ways of buying online content and have mothers who think a game is a waste of money.

Then what are we supposed to do? I rather that they have it so that when they add new characters you can download an upgrade for your copy of Brawl and then you gotta do some sorta challenge or special task to unlock them.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That would make Brawl take forever to come out. The idea of buying characters online is to buy characters that couldn't make it in the game because it was too late. They aren't going to get everything in Brawl because even though they have the space they don't have the time. Even if Brawl gets delayed to 2009 there'll still be characters left out.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
oh yea. this is all fake. i know hideo kojima and he talks to sakurai, and uhh...he did not say that. remember that he said that all dittos are to be gone in brawl. "celda" link will just be a ditto cuz hes a link ditto DUH. ridley sounds like a mewtwo ditto. bowser is not returning, so lil jr aint jumpin in. did someone say something about "i think you have to pay for some new chars.?" crap? nintendo NEVER charges for extra stuff like that. why are we talking about old rumors anyways??? the only new one i heard of was "paying for chars." you might as well say "i think we have to pay to play online...$20 per month." THEN it would make sense so say all this crap. here are some news. they can just let you add the chars. by a wii system update! did you ever think about that? no one but I DID. any questions?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
oh yea. this is all fake. i know hideo kojima and he talks to sakurai, and uhh...he did not say that. remember that he said that all dittos are to be gone in brawl. "celda" link will just be a ditto cuz hes a link ditto DUH. ridley sounds like a mewtwo ditto. bowser is not returning, so lil jr aint jumpin in. did someone say something about "i think you have to pay for some new chars.?" crap? nintendo NEVER charges for extra stuff like that. why are we talking about old rumors anyways??? the only new one i heard of was "paying for chars." you might as well say "i think we have to pay to play online...$20 per month." THEN it would make sense so say all this crap. here are some news. they can just let you add the chars. by a wii system update! did you ever think about that? no one but I DID. any questions?
What are you talking about? Of course this is all fake. This is just wishful thinking of the Smash community. And no one knows if WWLink will be in and if he is if he will be a clone of Young Link; same goes with Ridley and Mewtwo (for the record, they sound nothing even similar). Also, no one said that paying online was going to happen. And a yes they could use a Wii system update, but that would make them lose out on a lot of potential cash, so if anything they'd probably use Wii points.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Right... LK isn't making any sense to just ignore him, he's new to this thread so he doesn't know what's going on.

And LK, next time to jump on a thread without asking any questions as to what the discussion is about you might not want to sound so rude, no one is talking about anything being confirmed. Kthxbai.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Yep, yep, yep. It's been confirmed that all the characters in Melee aren't gonna make it into Brawl. Only some of them.
...and where was it confirmed that Bowser wasn't gonna be in brawl. Can I get a link to some info please? It wouldn't make sense not to put Bowser (or Bowser Jr. IMO) in Brawl.

I

i8waffles612

I want DK back...
Even though I dont like DK at all, Super Smash wouldnt be the same without him. He was one of the original 12 characters.. so i would be suprised if he or the other 11 dont return

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
He's quite popular, I don't think he's going anywhere.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yep, yep, yep. It's been confirmed that all the characters in Melee aren't gonna make it into Brawl. Only some of them.
...and where was it confirmed that Bowser wasn't gonna be in brawl. Can I get a link to some info please? It wouldn't make sense not to put Bowser (or Bowser Jr. IMO) in Brawl.
Correction: It has been said by Sakurai himself that "not all characters MAY return". Keep that may in mind. Lol Bowser gone is never going to happen, that is insane propoganda! Anyone who believes Bowser isn't in SSBB is stupid. What next, is Kirby gone, even if he's in both the trailers, lmao! :chuckle: :chuckle:

This is for anyone who believed thatwhole WW Link and Ridley crap. Don't believe there is a new trailer, or confirmed returning/newcomer characters, unless there it is a trailer that is all over youtube, and everyone on the boards is talking about it all over the boards (like the last two). Otherwise it is fake=no questions asked. ;)

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai didn't say "not all characters may return." Go read SamuraiPanda's topic, he says "some characters will disappear, definitely."

Maybe =/= Definitely

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
As much as it sucks, it's definitely true, I actually went to Panda's thread and read it. I came back to repost but... I was beat to the punch, oh well. I'm just going to confirm that it IS true. Not all characters will return. It would just be a shame if the original 12 were all cut. The only thing I don't have a problem with is cutting Ness and putting in Lucas. Don't get me wrong I'll miss the little guy, I'd just like to see a more updated Mother character. Also, in order to make me completely acceptable with the change, they would have to give Lucas an almost identical Ness moveset that makes him as good as Ness was in SSB64. Then I'm fine.

Also bring back Falco.
And Sheik.
And Marth.
And Ganondorf.
And Peach and Mewtwo but fix them. Peach is too strong and Mewtwo is too suckful.

Doctor Mario and Pichu can leave.

sheena

Smash Rookie
it will be fun 2 get all original chars in because then you have 2 unluck them and that's cool

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As much as it sucks, it's definitely true, I actually went to Panda's thread and read it. I came back to repost but... I was beat to the punch, oh well. I'm just going to confirm that it IS true. Not all characters will return. It would just be a shame if the original 12 were all cut. The only thing I don't have a problem with is cutting Ness and putting in Lucas. Don't get me wrong I'll miss the little guy, I'd just like to see a more updated Mother character. Also, in order to make me completely acceptable with the change, they would have to give Lucas an almost identical Ness moveset that makes him as good as Ness was in SSB64. Then I'm fine.

Also bring back Falco.
And Sheik.
And Marth.
And Ganondorf.
And Peach and Mewtwo but fix them. Peach is too strong and Mewtwo is too suckful.

Doctor Mario and Pichu can leave.
I don't understand your logic... You want Ness gone cause he's outdated but you want Sheik to stay?!?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think you'd had to unlock him, Sakurai said something about having to unlock Snake because he's a guest [I think he meant 3rd party guest, I dunno...] so I assume you'd have to do the same with Sonic.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I don't understand your logic... You want Ness gone cause he's outdated but you want Sheik to stay?!?
I want Ness to go because I want Lucas to take his place. Not totally take his place, but just fill in his shoes. Ness will still be here in spirit but he will be in the body of Lucas. Different face, same moves. And I want Sheik to stay because she's a good character. Plus she's one of my mains. Plus I'm a Legend of Zelda fanboy. :grin:

DO you think you will unlock sonic or have him from the stsrt?
No, Sakurai said for a fact that NONE of the 3rd party characters will be obtainable from the start, we will have to unlock them all. Originally, Snake was going to be a starter, but then he changed his mind thinking it wouldn't be right for Nintendo characters to fall behind 3rd party characters.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I love you're confidence Koarin. You sound pretty sure that Sonic's already in. I hope he is too, and I think I'd rather unlock him. It would add more to the...anticipation.

Mewtwo's not as suckful as you think Dyce, I've seen some good ones.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want Ness to go because I want Lucas to take his place. Not totally take his place, but just fill in his shoes. Ness will still be here in spirit but he will be in the body of Lucas. Different face, same moves. And I want Sheik to stay because she's a good character. Plus she's one of my mains. Plus I'm a Legend of Zelda fanboy. :grin:
Okay I understand, but even to people like you I can explain why Sheik's removal would be for the best. First of all, she's gonna be nerfed... Like hell. PAL's Sheik already got nerfed and she still was overpowered. Also, if your such a Zelda fanboy you surely want more new Zelda characters. Sheik would take up a spot for a new Zelda character. And do you want Princess Zelda herself to fall in the shadow from her own shadow again?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Heh, I love you're confidence Koarin. You sound pretty sure that Sonic's already in. I hope he is too, and I think I'd rather unlock him. It would add more to the...anticipation.

Mewtwo's not as suckful as you think Dyce, I've seen some good ones.
I too like Koarin's confidence. LET'S GO SONIC!!!
And yes, I've seen some good Mewtwo players too but you need to be REALLY experienced with Mewtwo in order to keep up with people. He's good where he is if you're a pro. But if you're a casual gamer (like my friends and I [except for Smash, but I only casually play with Mewtwo]) it's not fun to see him when you play random.

Okay I understand, but even to people like you I can explain why Sheik's removal would be for the best. First of all, she's gonna be nerfed... Like hell. PAL's Sheik already got nerfed and she still was overpowered. Also, if your such a Zelda fanboy you surely want more new Zelda characters. Sheik would take up a spot for a new Zelda character. And do you want Princess Zelda herself to fall in the shadow from her own shadow again?
Yes, she will be nerfed, that's a good point I didn't think of that, but hopefull not too much. I'm also praying for the denerfification of Ness and Kirby. Sakurai said he is going to moderate the speed of the game. From watching the trailers, it looks like everyone who is slower is going to be hastened, and every fast character will probably be slowed down a bit.

And yes I do want more Zelda characters, but Sheik is like the ULTIMATE Zelda alternate identity. Tetra's got nothing compared to Sheik. The only way I'd be happy if Sheik was nixed is if they make Zamus or some other character similar to her. It looks that way a bit for Zamus, but I could be wrong.

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Dude seroiusly, please don't take Roy out.

My reasons of NOT taking Roy out is:
1) Crap load of ppl are Marth as it is, and just watching SOMEONE play Roy takes a load off the eyes and is actually inspiring to play a character no one plays.
2) Roy vs Marth matches are definetly fun to watch.
3) He's one of the only good clones(I.M.O.).

Oh and don't take Falco out. Falco is probably the most popular star fox character, maybe second most at least.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
Dude seroiusly, please don't take Roy out.

My reasons of NOT taking Roy out is:
1) Crap load of ppl are Marth as it is, and just watching SOMEONE play Roy takes a load off the eyes and is actually inspiring to play a character no one plays.
2) Roy vs Marth matches are definetly fun to watch.
3) He's one of the only good clones(I.M.O.).

Oh and don't take Falco out. Falco is probably the most popular star fox character, maybe second most at least.
Falco and Wolf are the most popular StarFox characters. IMO they should take out Roy.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't want them to take out Roy either but he's probably out, I heard he was put in to advertise FE6 but I don't know how true that is.

Top Bottom