• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Kurizu208 said:
i dont beleive in the teir thing its based on how popular the chara is. also bowser is strong way stron his only draw back is he is slow. but makes up for by doing good airial moves. i know they wont cut out major ones but peach just isnt needed in brawl. she awsome to have around but there are just better characters to have then her.
OF TOPIC: Ohh yeah and explain why is one of the 3 worst characters then? He's alot faster then Bowser and almost unnoticable weaker. DK has less lag, more range and the Gaint Punch ****s up Bowser every time of the day. Not to mention the Uair combos. Dude check the tierlist... You'll see your precious Bowser isnt doing well there.

ON TOPIC:

Only Doc and Pichu really really really need to be out.
However I think there are alot of characters which could be cutted to.

Surely there imo:
DK
Fox
Yoshi
C.Falcon
Jiggz
Ness
Luigi
Zelda
Ganondorf
Marth
Peach

*Possible* Removals:
Falco
Mewtwo (although I like him)
Sheik
Ice Climbers

Likely Removals:
Young Link
Roy
Mr. Game and Watch

smashman90

Smash Lord
I have a feeling that Ice climbers and pichu will be removed. I think that Ice climbers should be had a lot more time being made, for Pichu although he is fast but I think the reason they don't play as him is the fact that he hurts himself with the elec. moves or they don't like pokemon.

rotinegg

Smash Cadet
In the new game, there are a couple characters that i think shud be modified.

1. Samus- Her missles just arent good enough. Especially the strong ones. I think all her missles should be strong + homing. Also, they should get rid of the delay and make it automatic, so you can just hold onto b and she will fire like a machinegun.
2. Marth- His sword should be longer, and the sweetspot should be his entire sword. I have trouble hitting people with the tip, so extending the sweetspot is a must-do. Also his side smash doesnt have much range nor power. It should have more knockback, range and power.
3. Fox- His lasers should stun, but the speed should be kept the same. Without stun, his lasers are just useless. Maybe they can increase the damage too, to around 10% per laser.
4. Peach- She needs a better downsmash. It doesnt do nearly as much damage as it should, and there is recovery time after that. She should be able to continuously be using the move as long as you hold the A button. Not to mention that there is a tiny bit on top of her where the hitbox doesnt cover, which should be fixed. Also her recovery could be better if she could float infinitely, and her up+b's hitbox covered her entire body.
5. Sheik- She needs better tilt moves and aerial moves. They're just too slow and weak. Improvement on speed, range, knockback and damage is necessary. She also needs better grabs.

I think that just about sums up some improvements that are really needed. I hope they consider these weaknesses in each of these characters and really work on them. Otherwise, these characters would just be too weak to play with.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
rotinegg said:
1. Samus- Her missles just arent good enough. Especially the strong ones. I think all her missles should be strong + homing. Also, they should get rid of the delay and make it automatic, so you can just hold onto b and she will fire like a machinegun.
Do remember that the missiles need a limited homing ability- after they go a certain distance, they blow up without hitting anybody. And ditch the rapid-fire.

2. Marth- His sword should be longer, and the sweetspot should be his entire sword. I have trouble hitting people with the tip, so extending the sweetspot is a must-do.
If his sweetspot were to extend, then knockback would have to be decreased.

3. Fox- His lasers should stun, but the speed should be kept the same. Without stun, his lasers are just useless. Maybe they can increase the damage too, to around 10% per laser.
4. Peach- She needs a better downsmash. It doesnt do nearly as much damage as it should, and there is recovery time after that. She should be able to continuously be using the move as long as you hold the A button. Not to mention that there is a tiny bit on top of her where the hitbox doesnt cover, which should be fixed. Also her recovery could be better if she could float infinitely, and her up+b's hitbox covered her entire body.
Bah, Fox's modifications are a bit too powerful. Ditch the stun. So are Peach's, but her downward aerial I agree with (except for the doing continuously).

5. Sheik- She needs better tilt moves and aerial moves. They're just too slow and weak. Improvement on speed, range, knockback and damage is necessary. She also needs better grabs.
Speed, range, and knockback are the only modifications I agree with, as long as they're minor.

Keep in mind that Sakurai's looking for balance in Brawl- he doesn't want a single character to overpower the rest of the roster.

Shiner

Smash Apprentice
1. fox's lasers should stun but if they went that speed it would be too difficult to escape it in battle.
2. sheik's already realy fast, i dont think she realy needs anymore speed.
3. i think your completely rite about peach she definately needs to have more powerful moves.
4. I also think marth's sword already has one of the longest reaches in the game. It should stay the same length.

DSGamer3002

Smash Rookie
Below are the characters from SSBM I think should, or have already been confirmed to, return for Brawl:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
DK
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Kirby
Falco
Fox
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Marth
Roy

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
How did I miss this topic? O.O;;

Anyways, it's likely the original SSB64 12 are all there. And I would definitely say that Peach, Bowser, Ice Climbers, and Zelda are likely. Beyond that, it gets messier.

Ganondorf, Marth, Mewtwo are probably going to stay. I would venture a guess that we will probably see Falco and Young Link sticking around as well. And Game and Watch's fate and Sheik's fate both depend on what Sakurai is thinking.

The rest will likely be absent.

SweetRevenge117

Smash Rookie
people are pretty stupid if they think that they will actually take out jigglypuff....my best character is luigi so yeah i hope he stays, g&w shouldnt go hes a fun character, m2 is decent, bowser kinda sucks but he'll stay, i think that everyone would agree wen i say pichu has the most likely hood of getting the boot followed by young link and possibly dr mario

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
rotinegg said:
In the new game, there are a couple characters that i think shud be modified.

2. Marth- His sword should be longer, and the sweetspot should be his entire sword. I have trouble hitting people with the tip, so extending the sweetspot is a must-do. Also his side smash doesnt have much range nor power. It should have more knockback, range and power.

I think that just about sums up some improvements that are really needed. I hope they consider these weaknesses in each of these characters and really work on them. Otherwise, these characters would just be too weak to play with.
Dude wtf? Those characters are almost broken in Melee already. Sheik needs better grabs? Ohh yeah so she can chain throw even with her Fthrow. And she needs more power and speed? Yeaah right, instead you didnt notice Sheik is 3th at the tier liest atm.

Fox 10% damage each laser? Man even my lil brother of 6 could beat Ken then... And Peach's dsmash is probarly the most broken move in the whole game. How could it be improved? 999% each hit?

Shine Spiked

Smash Apprentice
Maybe no characters will be removed at all? To make one massive roster of characters?

Who knows, Would be really cool to have like 60 characters in the game.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Shine Spike, get with the times.

STOP HATIN' ON MY NESS!

WHY DO YOU WANT HIM REMOVED!?

"Because he sucked" or "he wasn't popular" ISN'T A REASON!!!!

If they made him the way he was in SSB64, you wouldn't be complaining about the way
he was in melee, because back then his recovery had RANGE, which is how it SHOULD be!
He needs a recovery with which he can return to the stage from ANY distance! Like Samus or Mewtwo!

You just try and tipper with his home-run bat, and fully charged, it does 30%! It's like
Marth's without all the abusive knockback! And it can reflect items!

Ness is just bursting with uniqueness, and YOU KNOW IT!

Keep Ness in brawl!
Keep Mewtwo too!

Stico

Smash Rookie
the only characters i dont see returning are Young Link, Dr. Mario, Pichu, and maybe Roy

Razorcloud

Smash Cadet
Kurizu208 said:
not even! the worst 3 were mewtwo, DK, and pikachu
first of all... DK does not suck. no character in this game sucks. there are just characters better than others. pikachu and pichu are about even IMO. if you think mewtwo is hopeless go watch mookierah play or watch the video you gott believe. all characters have great potential its just how big their learning curve is or how they match up against other chars.

EDIT::: go watch the video jungle fever for DK.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
BIRDMAN22 said:
I would prefer that ness just gets removed.
What is the matterwith you!?

Sure Ness was nerfed, but he is returnung, hopefully better than ever! All of the original 12 and the ones featured in the trailer will be in the game. Also, I just almost know that Peach and Bowser will stay.

Shiner

Smash Apprentice
to tell u the truth, ness isnt one of my favorite characters and that was put nicely. He should definately have some more creative moves that hiting people with thunder lightning and a base ball bat. i realy wouldnt be that surprised if ness was removed.

Blind

Honorbound
I like Doc, but I don't think he has enough difference from Mario to warrant return. All his moves have nearly identical effects with slightly modified properties (major exceptions; f-air and d-tilt). He appeared in a single game a long time ago, and while I really like playing as him and he's a good character, his Nintendo history isn't really enough to guarantee him a spot in the next game.

Unfortunately, I have to say the same thing about IC's even though they're my secondary. A single game a long time ago probably garners a single appearance unless it was a serious hit. Most of the other characters make numerous appearances in various games, or the game was significant enough that they earn a continuous place.

I can't speak for the minds of Nintendo though... that's just how I sorta see it.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Roy

I play as Roy and I know he is almost the same as Marth but he is still a good character. If he has to go I hope Marth is at least there. I think that Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Falco, Mr. Game and Watch and the Ice Climers should go. I like the Ice Climers but they are annoying and need to go. If Luigi is back they need to make him different from Mario( more then just 1 or 2 move different). Pichu even though a lot like Pikachu he has the effect from his electricity that makes him a great character to be. His taunt is cool also. Both of them.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
Return-

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Samus
Ness
Jiggly
Marth
Peach
Zelda/Sheik
Luigi
Bowser
DK
Fox
Falco
C.Falcon
Yoshi
Mewtwo
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers

GO-

Pichu
Dr. Mario
G&W
Roy
Young Link

blerb

Smash Journeyman
if you read the translations thread lying around here, you will see that falco and ganondorf are returning, with different movesets. they really shouldn't be clones of who they are cloned from (especially ganondorf.)

if you've ever played star fox aussault, you will see that fox and falco are entirely differentn the funny thing is though that falco is faster than fox.

im VERY sure they will be in the top-returning list.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
ZOMG Ice Climbers, GAW, and Y. Link r removd theyre not in the game, y do u people hope they return?

...............Just kidding. I'm sure that scared someone *coughcoughnoobscough*

As many people has been saying, the original twelve will more than likely return. The others that I think will return will be:

Zelda (she's part of the Triforce trio)
Ganondorf (see above. New moveset, maybe with his sword?)
Falco (definite Luigified)
Bowser (needs improvement)
Peach
Marth (he has starred in the most Fire Emblem games and was the first FE character... I doubt they'll replace him. I REALLY HOPE THEY WON'T REPLACE HIM. Marth is the one I pray for every night. XD)

Characters that MAY get the boot:
Ice Climbers
Game & Watch
Roy (although he could be Luigified)
Mewtwo
(((Personally, I hope the above characters stay, I like them because they're either unique, fun to use, or both.)))

PROBABLY not returning:
Dr. Mario (I think somewhere Nintendo said he was simply Mario in a doctor suit. He'll probably be a costume.)
Pichu (Worst tier and a baby version of Pikachu... he's not coming back, not even as a costume.)
Young Link (The only real difference between his adult form was speed, range, weight/size, and fire arrows. It might be interesting to have Link "shrink" for a costume.)

These three are doctor-ified/child forms of their originals in Melee. Therefore, I think these three have the highest probability of removal.

Realize this merely my opinion, please, and don't go on an all-out flame rampage on me.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
if Y link does return, he should not be based on OoT, i would hope for him to be based on MM, there are so many things from MM that could de-clone him, although i cbf thinkin of any atm...but if he does he should get his deku shield and kokeri sword replaced with MM weapons for sure.. maybe they could giv him the great fairy's (2 handed) sword...

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone want iceclimbers and G&W gone? They are both strong characters if handled right. Game and Watch could out beat your zelda characters and your firemblem characters any day.
-_-

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Mainly because they are not that popular. G&W is a joke character and the ice climbers are just throw-back characters that were put into melee for the "WOW" factor.

GenG

Smash Lord
G&W not popular? G&W is a legend, almost every non-Nintendo player recognise him. It's a kind of a character that people tend to forget and when these appear in a game like Smash Bros... OMG IT'S HIM!
G&W may be a joke, but it's funny and nostalgic to play as, but I'm not sure about one thing: I feel that G&W doesn't fit the mood of Brawl. Orchestrated songs? Epic background? G&W lacks both...

Ice Climbers are indeed an original couple and they should stay (Nintendo hasn't forgotten them since they appear in Wario Ware games and the original IC games was recently ported to GBA), but then again, I can't speak in the name of the programmers.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Ok yeah everyone was intrigued the first time they unlocked G&W but how many actually mained the character. Sure I picked him, like everyone else, to get a feel but I quickly stopped. i know on my memory card ( and most of my friends cards) G&W has the least amount of battles in the stat screen. Just below pichu.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
G&W has the second most battles and the fewest KOs on mine. To GenG post Wario doesnt fits brawl's mood either. He is mostly in there because he has his own wii game. G&W should stay for the same reason as Mario isin the game. As for Ice climbers there is no reason to get rid of them they are unique, and have great air moves which is perfect for brawl. we all know how everyone wants brawl to have less cartoony looking characters, but get over it, it happens. besides this is nintendo we are talking about here.

De_Le_Chozo

Smash Apprentice
where all bedlam breaks loose! either that or the
I don't think anyone'll get removed, because for every five people who don't use someone like. . . Pikachu. . . there's always at least one person who does, and I don't think Nintendo wants to piss off a nice number of its fans.

WOW. rotinegg, I 'm really surprised at how much I disagree with you, and I guess we can debate about it.
1. Samus' missiles are just annoying enough. I've forced people from center stage to the side-abyss a few times. Making them rapid-fire as well as knocking-back would be too cheap. I've heard of a technique called ShortHopMissile that has a similiar effect to this. Try it out.
2. Marth's sword SHOULD NOT be longer - his sword already gives him a distance advantage against a majority of the other Smashers. His sweet-spot is only icing on the cake. HIs side-smash is an excellent finisher coupled with his sweet-spot and his sword and doesn't need improvement.
3. Fox's laser SHOULD NOT be made more annoying. As long as the Fox player plays keep-away, s/he'll be able to get in a good +10% damage before making the victim blindly rush at him/her. Making them stun at so fast a speed is basically an infinite super scope.
4. Peach does not need improvement - her downsmash basically punishes any crouch-canceller, and it can do up to 40% - that's DEFINITELY stronger than any other downsmash. Also, a downsmash wasn't MEANT to cover her entire body - that's what forward and upsmashed are for. Also, how could infinite air-time help? I don't see why she would need that. I think I can see why you want her Parasol move to cover her entire body - like Link's or Samus'.
5. I can see why you want SHeik's tilts to be stronger, because she only has one or two finishers. Still, the strength of those tilts was meant to be a balance between her speed. A good SHeik player can cut through a lot of jabs with her crouch cancel. A lot of her tilts were meant to launch her opponent, so she can use her forward air finisher.

You can't exactly expect some of the best characters in Smash Bros. to be even stronger, even faster, and even better.

GenG

Smash Lord
After making some research, I'll retire what I said about G&W music: If they are going to stick with rock with many tunes, they should stick with chip music as they did in Melee. They whole "Brawl will be orchestrated" confused me a bit, maybe this will only be applied to orchestra-like songs.
And I love Wario and G&W indeed, but the feeling in the Brawl trailer wasn't the same as Melee. I'm just being realistic.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
GenG said:
After making some research, I'll retire what I said about G&W music: If they are going to stick with rock with many tunes, they should stick with chip music as they did in Melee. They whole "Brawl will be orchestrated" confused me a bit, maybe this will only be applied to orchestra-like songs.
And I love Wario and G&W indeed, but the feeling in the Brawl trailer wasn't the same as Melee. I'm just being realistic.
THe entire trailer is just a wow factor to show the wii's power and the feel of the game. The music will be a bit bit more rockish with some characters. and i do think brawlis going for a more epic look. which doesnt fit pikachu, kirby, and wario. but the trailer still did it well. So i'm sure that HAL labs can do it with G&W as well with Ice Climbers if they return. I just hope we have more newcomers from differnt series then ones from series from previous smash brothers games.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
ice climbers-Gone
game and watch-Gone
pichu-Gone
dr.mario-Gone
young link-Gone
falco-he'll probly stay, but might be replaced by someone
sheik-Not sure, since she hasent been around lately in games.
ness-forsure staying just because he was in the last two smash bros games
mewtwo-Gone
marth- probly going to be replaced by a similar character
roy-same as marth
gannondorf-probly still in, but possibly removed.

Marth and young link are some of my favorite characters, but realisticly, they are probly gone

Top Bottom