• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

MasterC

Smash Ace
Psh, I barely know Nate and I know he's not showin up to pwn some noobs and play LoL... lol

If he did come tho it'd b legit at least... GF gonna look like an amateur bracket if it's Evan vs. SoWA lol

Free $$$ Sion, you should come!! ^_^

:phone:

if you coming down this time means youre not coming next time, you better not come sion. feb gc you should come stay with me for a few days

ThePrime

Smash Lord
that was also the impression i was operating under; also, "sion vs iceman" finals is a funnier mental image to me than "sion vs someone from the south."

"i'm getting down aired wngahhhhh"

edit: Lol btw i just realized they're both named evan (sion and iceman... And meta for that matter)
this.
Lmfao hahahaha

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Posted this in the PR thread first on accident but I'll be living in Renton starting January 8th. I'm not very good at the game but I still love it and maybe I'll try to improve since I'll be living somewhere that isn't completely isolated. I play Sheik/Doc.

My address will be 14806 SE 139th Ct. Anyone live within walking/short drive distance?

The Sick Kirby (TSK)

Smash Cadet
noob question: what does gc stand for and when/where is this january one >_> I'm more than down to record some matches at this thing

Also, anyone around u-district want to smash tomorrow/sometime this week? :D

Jem.

Smash Master
First Saturday of every month is when Gameclucks is. So January 7th. It's at a new location, but the address should be posted somewhere already if it's not here yet.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
noob question: what does gc stand for and when/where is this january one >_> I'm more than down to record some matches at this thing

Also, anyone around u-district want to smash tomorrow/sometime this week? :D
Yo seth I might be down friday. Where in the udist would we smash though? Vish and Toph are gone atm.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
The new 4 man top 2 pools thing kinda sucks. Time to put hella work in the lab.
yeah im actually kind of worried. Possible situations:

0-3: Out
1-2: Out
2-1: Maybe Advancing. It's likely that there's going to be a tiebreaker between two players who both went 2-1. And what if three players go 2-1? Somebody is getting greezed.
3-0: Advance

Aka every game counts and we gotta clock in and put in work

C!Z

Smash Lord
2, if you make it past the first one. So for most people you're goin all the way to NJ for a possible 3 matches in tourney. It's kind of lame how they are just trying to cater to the hosts instead of the paying customers who make the tourney possible.

Jem.

Smash Master
To be fair though, everyones objective should be to win at all costs and try to win the tournament. And even if you have a tough pool, if you can't beat them, you likely didn't have the tools to win the tournament

idk i've just never found seeding johns or anything as an acceptable john-- JUST WIN :)

you guys got this

And atleast they'll have friendly stations pretty much the whole day. At Genesis 1 (i know a long time ago) you couldn't even really warm up or play any matches if you arent a fan of finding the most hype match going on currently

C!Z

Smash Lord
I could go into a lot of different things about needing ”pot fillers” for a successful tournament, but you're not worth my time.

C!Z

Smash Lord
I was obviously talking to Jem. At what point did he say anything anywhere near relevant of what I said... lol ****in quit smokin, Andy.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
lol ciz you didn't quote anyone and you posted that right after tsk. Basically i was assuming you were being an ahole for no reason which is what i was expecting lol.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Wait, what's this **** about pools? 4 man pools with top 2 advancing? That's really stupid.

Have pools been posted though? This is going to suck for people like us, who are pretty good but not especially well known, so we'll be the "no names" and have big names in our pools to contend with. ****.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I think pools are still subject to change, kinda crossing my fingers that they do change ~ ! lol. They haven't posted the pools yet, vish.
It's just weird to have that kind of format at a national. Thinking about it ... round 2 pools at apex would pretty much be like round 3 pools at genesis 2. Since it's only the top two seeds getting out, i would imagine round 2 pools having players that are pretty well known. Which is why I DREAD that possible situation where you have a 2-1 three way tie with somebody getting the good ol greeze XD

Also, im tryin to get some good mm's in next week before we fly out!

Sion

Island of Horizon
oh had no idea you guys were talking about apex

good luck WA

otto, i'll definitely make the feb gc don't worry lol

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Good to hear Sion, and good luck WA.

Who's teaming with who? Everyone going teaming with fellow Washingtonians?

Jem.

Smash Master
What? I was just saying you guys are good and shouldn't worry about the pools format, cause you're all capable of playing good enough to make it to the bracket and need to beat anyone you play anyways :p

Top Bottom