• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Utah Power Rankings

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Hahaha we completely forgot about discussing the power rankings after the tournament.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Dramatic results?

I thought that the only thing that was dramatic was PC being knocked out-- and he's obviously still #1. What else was dramatic? And even if there were other "dramatic results", what do results mean when you know full well how everyone plays?

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Dramatic results?

I thought that the only thing that was dramatic was PC being knocked out-- and he's obviously still #1. What else was dramatic? And even if there were other "dramatic results", what do results mean when you know full well how everyone plays?
what hes really trying to say is that tippering>wobbling

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
what hes really trying to say is that tippering>wobbling
Get out of our state. :p

And even WITH wobbling, you almost got beatten by my nooby Ice Climbers with Marth. Nothing to brag about, my friend. (The whole, "your character counters mine" is my new favorite John.)

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Get out of our state. :p

And even WITH wobbling, you almost got beatten by my nooby Ice Climbers with Marth. Nothing to brag about, my friend. (The whole, "your character counters mine" is my new favorite John.)
no one is braging around here i'm just saying wobbling is pretty much stupid and immoral and only someone so dark and sadistc could use such a move. BTw i didn't mean to cause any drama i was just bored and it was pretty late. PEACE!@

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
I must admit that I'm a little disappointed that you wont be updating the power rankings, but you said it wont be up dated until the next tourny; so when will this tourny be?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I think we'll probably end up voting on whether we want to wait or not, since Gojira is the only one so far who wants to postpone updating it.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
no one is braging around here i'm just saying wobbling is pretty much stupid and immoral and only someone so dark and sadistc could use such a move. BTw i didn't mean to cause any drama i was just bored and it was pretty late. PEACE!@
No drama, man. Just read this:

nealdt said:
The Smash Back Room recently had an open vote on whether to ban the Wobbles from tournaments. Members were asked to vote one of the following ways:

Ban
Could Ban
Don't Ban

The winner of the poll was "Don't Ban" with 17 of the 23 votes. "Could Ban" was second with 4, and "Ban" received only 2 votes.

The Smash Back Room is comprised of respected players and tournament hosts throughout the world. While their opinion is not official in any way, the members hold debates about every subject affecting the Smash tournament community. The vote follows pages of debates over several months in which results from any number of tournaments were used to argue both ways. The end result is what you see above.

While tournament directors are free to run tournaments the way they choose, the Smash Back Room's primary goal is to produce guidelines for running tournaments in the fairest way possible. You are welcome to ban the Wobbles at your own tournaments, but do so knowing that the most respected members of the community disagree with your decision.

That is all .
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=116160

No johns. :p

PEACE!

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Woot! That surely is me.... although I play the white doc now, just so's you know. Not a big deal, but, meh.
And if I'm #10 according to Junpei, everyone else must think better of me, for the Aging Raisin so dearly loves to make fun of poor poor bobo.. :)

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
shweet, I made it on the power rankings. I have one question; is that the official power rankings or just your opinion of what it should be?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
...doesn't this further prove that wobbling actually uneven the playing field and makes it immoral and cheap? Saying that you almost beat his Marth with a nooby IC means that wobbling is too much of a groundbreaking move. Why don't instead you just up your ICs level and don't depend too much on wobbling? Makes the ICs look better. Besides, its not THAT hard to beat Yang's Marth with ICs.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
...doesn't this further prove that wobbling actually uneven the playing field and makes it immoral and cheap? Saying that you almost beat his Marth with a nooby IC means that wobbling is too much of a groundbreaking move. Why don't instead you just up your ICs level and don't depend too much on wobbling? Makes the ICs look better. Besides, its not THAT hard to beat Yang's Marth with ICs.
Yeah its pretty easy...all u gotta do is grab after every f-smash i miss. But yeah i'm trying to improve my marth. Less f-smashing more prediction and grabbing and stuff.

Yeah its pretty easy...all u gotta do is grab after every f-smash i miss. But yeah i'm trying to improve my marth. Less f-smashing more prediction and grabbing and stuff.
Hey thats great! Not that Utah Power rankings isn't the best place to talk about Colorado's improving Marth and everything, just tie it into you challenging PC to his honor or something! :laugh: Whatever entertains me briefly and takes me away from cold, harsh reality.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I know Hott doesn't have the attendence recorde rasin does, but I think he justified his place above Rage in that last tournament IMO. Just sayin...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
What happened to teh laozy of doom? Why's he completely offa the rankings? Phil was the ****, mangz.

Also, wobbling is fail. That's why it's banned at every CO tournament. If it wasn't, I'd be winning a lot more. D:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
GET OUT OF OUR STATE!

Laozy retired for the winter. Hopefully he'll be coming back for Brawl though. :p

tjrook

Smash Cadet
GAH! After checking three times, and then asking and making myself sound like an idiot, I check just now and I can see it! I couldn't see it at all before! I knew where it was at, and it wasn't showing up. At all.

Weeellll, the power ranking looks good! The only problem I see with it is that I am not on it yet :p Even though I did terrible at this tourney... dont worry, I'll do a lot better the next one, just wait! :D

You'll all see, I dont care if you dont believe me...

Top Bottom