• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SV AZ Thread - Brawl Sux (We <3 Melee!) Updated (6/08/10) - We Miss You Joey

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
i was talking about thanksgiving and you didnt invite me is it because ill **** everybody if it is then im sorry but i cant help it its too easy

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Attention SV thread... I've added another update to the rankings........Read first post. Also... This debate has been killing me for about a week now... but i can only decide it with votes from any and just about everyone who's played Mr. J and Calabrel.... I've no idea where to place the two on the rankings.. and Calabrel.. rarely shows up.. and Mr. J is currently gone... of course when they both return, it would be nice to have them play a set as well..

Another debate in the works is Smurf/Priest Revan/J. Twist/DMW/and/Air...I would also like debates on rankings for these players but after Mr. J/Calabrel is finalized.... I currently have the rankings by what Axe and I have witnessed but if any of the other SV crew has a debate... I/Axe would be more than happy to acknowledge it.

Main problem is Mr. J/Calabrel.. please focus on this first.. afterwards other debates may go on but Carlton has showed a great amount of progress in the past couple of days.. so yeah..

For the time being.. i'm only returning Mr. J on the Power Rankings.... Turnup Tosser.. I have no idea even if he is alive.. and he hasn't contacted me at all.. so yeah... send me a PM or post here... who you believe is better from what you have obtained from the two players... Also Masta Deltron if he should be amongst these players as well as being higher or lower on the rankings... Carlton has had his fair share of wins against Mr. J and Calabrel both and is currently at 4. He can also be put higher/lower since he's showed a great deal of improvement

Mr J
Calabrel
*Masta Deltron*

Who is better of the two.. this is for the number 3 and 4 spot.. Mr J has maintained his 3 spot for probably the longest but Calabrel has showed his greatness against J as well. Just some help i'd like to have..

thanks again

Jeff.. Lol your awesome.. I know you ***** that california tournament........they don't know about us SV folk son.. xD lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
*sigh* the tourney in cali was kind of a disappointment... cuz there wasn't even a tourney lol. not many people showed up, so we all just had a smashfest. it was still fun as heck though! i got to play falcomist! he has a pretty good falco. i'd love to see him and Tim go at it. that'd be tight. it sux that he can't powershield though. i probably should've just laser spammed lol. no doubt though, his falco was good. prolly like forwards level *hint*hint*

SHIEK SHIEK SHIEK!!!! my gosh, so many shieks i had to play up there lol. they would've ***** the living crap outta my pika. sadly i didn't play pika much, and when i did, i kinda died =( ugh, i don't wanna John, but yeah... my pika sucked that day. like horribly. i couldn't up-b to the edge worth crap lol. and i kept doing that stupid dash attack. anyways, sorry for the johns lol. i still tried to rep our little unknown town well =)

so how's everyone in SV? did i miss anything? did carlton stop being black? did tim stop being gay? did Turnip finally come out of his shadow? did Mr. J return? i know andy hacked his wii, did he already hack is ps3 too? did joey kick another guy in the face? is Joe still pimpin them hoes? is julian or shaud back? did brawl finally come to an extinction? did calabrel get even BETTER at step mania???? is brandon getting better? what about steven? any other new smashers? what's going on!!!!

on a side note, brian went to a tourney in phoenix today. the atomic comix thing. i'm curious to know how he did against everyone. he teamed up with Tai in doubles. tai, how'd it go? i guess we'll find out soon enough lol. i'll be back sometime tomorrow. probably too late to smash... but we'll see =)

TIMMEH!!!!! XD

...ps: my sister wants to see someone play BLUE KIRBY. shaud uses red. so... someone needs to start playing blue kirby to make my sis happy lol

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Aww.. that bites.. hey don't worry about it man.. just have them watch your Pikachu at it's fullest in the character specific threads.... Playing My falco.. or M2 or whatever... I wish matches were recorded of you playing Forward/Taj with that at AZonetwo step.. but.. hey man.......WE CAN SMASH FOREVER when you get.. back.. i've been wanting to Falco dittos.. like. forever...

And Jeff.. we have a SICK... SICK.. Mewtwo vs Pikachu, fight on one of the tapes.. I just saw it and.. wow...........WOW.. you gotta see it. Can't wait to see you again.. lol.. we gotta smash

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
<ANNOUNCEMENT> DELTRON SPEAKS...

I will not be playing smash with you guys for a while because of school and other things that needs to be taken care of......im no quitting, just more or less just trying to gets meh crap together but i still want to see bolt but i will not be smashing, if i do smash i will use DK only.... Samus and I have some things we need to discuss but i will ttyguys laters.

O...tim ranking means nothing to me, Axe, you, and me know where i truly stand

DELTRON HAS SPOKEN

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
Um apparently they don't know where you stand. since theres a debate over whose better, and... Everyone from 10-3 is pretty close. So.... uh yea.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
*sigh* the tourney in cali was kind of a disappointment... cuz there wasn't even a tourney lol. not many people showed up, so we all just had a smashfest. it was still fun as heck though! i got to play falcomist! he has a pretty good falco. i'd love to see him and Tim go at it. that'd be tight. it sux that he can't powershield though. i probably should've just laser spammed lol. no doubt though, his falco was good. prolly like forwards level *hint*hint*

SHIEK SHIEK SHIEK!!!! my gosh, so many shieks i had to play up there lol. they would've ***** the living crap outta my pika. sadly i didn't play pika much, and when i did, i kinda died =( ugh, i don't wanna John, but yeah... my pika sucked that day. like horribly. i couldn't up-b to the edge worth crap lol. and i kept doing that stupid dash attack. anyways, sorry for the johns lol. i still tried to rep our little unknown town well =)

so how's everyone in SV? did i miss anything? did carlton stop being black? did tim stop being gay? did Turnip finally come out of his shadow? did Mr. J return? i know andy hacked his wii, did he already hack is ps3 too? did joey kick another guy in the face? is Joe still pimpin them hoes? is julian or shaud back? did brawl finally come to an extinction? did calabrel get even BETTER at step mania???? is brandon getting better? what about steven? any other new smashers? what's going on!!!!

on a side note, brian went to a tourney in phoenix today. the atomic comix thing. i'm curious to know how he did against everyone. he teamed up with Tai in doubles. tai, how'd it go? i guess we'll find out soon enough lol. i'll be back sometime tomorrow. probably too late to smash... but we'll see =)

TIMMEH!!!!! XD

...ps: my sister wants to see someone play BLUE KIRBY. shaud uses red. so... someone needs to start playing blue kirby to make my sis happy lol
Brian and I did horrible.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Um apparently they don't know where you stand. since theres a debate over whose better, and... Everyone from 10-3 is pretty close. So.... uh yea.
i don think that everyone else is close from 3-10 maybe 1-5 but in reality in a big tournament 1-5 would do well while everyone else will drag their feet. Tim, Jeff, J, and turnup are better because they know what to do in different situations, me i ****ing hate marth. Twist you guys are getting better but you guys have along a long way to go... just because you beat everyone in your hometown doesn't mean squat when it comes to the big leagues. cause you can go to a REAL tourney and get sat on.(not the greatest feeling) You guys still have much to learn. techincal wise you lower guys are learning faster then we did. but in terms of situations and what to do, you guys have a long way to go. I have proved that many times.

Example, Joey may out tech me but he can't out smart me.
or even Forward VS Axe in a technical battle=AXE owns, but in Foward VS AXE in smarts then, thats when someone starts smashing smarter or C sticks accordingly, just cause Axe refuses to smash alot because of style forward may walk away a winner.

they debate because they want to make everyone happy if i get bumped for j or turnup(preferably turnup) i really don care because when it really comes down to it the only people who standout and get noticed is AXE and VECT because it has been made clear that those two are the better of SV. If it where up to me Jeff would be at 0 (above 1) and tim would be 1 then who cares about everyone else.

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
i don think that everyone else is close from 3-10 maybe 1-5 but in reality in a big tournament 1-5 would do well while everyone else will drag their feet. Tim, Jeff, J, and turnup are better because they know what to do in different situations, me i ****ing hate marth.
Yea, uh actually You and Joey both got sat on pretty bad at that tournament.
Uh and you and Chris can't anywhere near keep up with Tim, let alone Jeff. Yea at least you Jeff, Tim, and Joey have more experience but thats pretty much all that gives you the right to say that.

Twist you guys are getting better but you guys have along a long way to go... just because you beat everyone in your hometown doesn't mean squat when it comes to the big leagues. cause you can go to a REAL tourney and get sat on.(not the greatest feeling) You guys still have much to learn. techincal wise you lower guys are learning faster then we did. but in terms of situations and what to do, you guys have a long way to go. I have proved that many times.
Yea we have a long way to go. But thats kinda hypocritical to say that. You have just as far to go as any of us. sure you smash more, and your smash's hit, thats why you win. And Beating everyone in your hometown is a start. I'm going to the tournament in January. So I'll figure out the feeling. Technical wise, we learned faster than you did yes. But your characters aren't really technical at all man. and if by situational you mean when your getting your *** handed to you, take the loss or jab smash a lot. (I wouldn't be saying that but like in the last few days we did a match, and I was up by a stock and you hit me with 13 jab smashes, yea lots of skill...:lick: )

Example, Joey may out tech me but he can't out smart me.
or even Forward VS Axe in a technical battle=AXE owns, but in Foward VS AXE in smarts then, thats when someone starts smashing smarter or C sticks accordingly, just cause Axe refuses to smash alot because of style forward may walk away a winner.
Yea, you may walk away winner because your 2 years more experienced than we are, and we can still keep up. but bleh whatever.

Axe always walks away winner :chuckle: If he loses its always close "I almost got beat by a pikachu, WTF?!?!" If he wins "OMG I JUST GOT BEAT BY A PIKACHU"

They debate because they want to make everyone happy if i get bumped for j or turnup(preferably turnup) i really don care because when it really comes down to it the only people who standout and get noticed is AXE and VECT because it has been made clear that those two are the better of SV. If it where up to me Jeff would be at 0 (above 1) and tim would be 1 then who cares about everyone else.
Yea, who cares about you and everyone else. Joey happens to make a pretty big impression with his **** talking, and in complete honesty, since I know you'll get pissed at me but I'm not trying to make everyone happy, I don't think most of us are at the spots we should be. But its not my place to say. I think SV should be more active and care and actually try to go for a new spot instead of saying "Well I lose to Chris, so theres no reason to try, why should I care he's better." Instead of getting your *** handed to you on a silver platter by Jeff or Tim, try to stand out and work to be better than them, which is why I have respect for Joey, thats exactly what he's working for.

Tim, not to drag you into this. But I know you'll read this soon. I just set your own plan in motion. :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
look Jo we have gone through this multiple times don start this crap up with me again I fell off my horse for brawl i will admit but jo until you take my spot or beat me in a set then you will be able to see my point I beat you down everytime i have to i don't like to show anything unless i am playing a set, or tim or jeff

you talk a big game i have yet to see you play that game you let a little complement blow your head up thats why i don say if your getting better cause then you get lazy and those THINGS is me praticing constantly cause im sick people who i beat on a daily schedule think they are better than me so i will train so there will be NO DEBATING the path will be clear

Yeah i get my *** handled by tim and jeff, but you get beat by people who you"claim" you are better than. Yeah you guys can hang but when i get serious 3 stock 4 stock baby!!! theres no need for overkill like tim and jeff.

When they beat me i want them to try all the way.
I expect that out of them cause they know if they take me lightly two things will happen
1. I take advantage of it
2. That is a insult to me
so i request full power from them. you guys have no idea what tim and jeff full power is they go lightly on you guys to be honest except for the top 5 (thats means you joey)

Quit whining about it jab smashes put a pamper on now mmkay you counter me so i don't wanna hear it. If your not smart enough to get around it of course im going to keep using it, by the way uhhh im a clutch player anyways(Trademakered by tim)

Im sorry everyone but i will have to crush your hopes and dreams of being good it's time to stop being nice. :chuckle:

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
look Jo we have gone through this multiple times don start this crap up with me again I fell off my horse for brawl i will admit but jo until you take my spot or beat me in a set then you will be able to see my point I beat you down everytime i have to i don't like to show anything unless i am playing a set, or tim or jeff
1)Learn how to spell my name right.
Uh, we've never played a set, but every match we play is really close. and play me for real once, you don't take anyone seriously. okay whatever. and even playing serious Jeff and tim wreck you if they don't sandbag the whole match.

you talk a big game i have yet to see you play that game you let a little complement blow your head up thats why i don say if your getting better cause then you get lazy and those THINGS is me praticing constantly cause im sick people who i beat on a daily schedule think they are better than me so i will train so there will be NO DEBATING the path will be clear
I don't say i'm better than you. I'm getting better, so is everyone. I keep playing, I keep trying, I keep practicing, I get bored with playing your BS samus, even if you win, its not a fun match for me. You practice constantly and don't get any better? but then when we ask if you practice you say "Oh no I was playing some stupid 1st person shooter". Once you get good enough that theres no debating, I'll give you more respect.

Yeah i get my *** handled by tim and jeff, but you get beat by people who you"claim" you are better than. Yeah you guys can hang but when i get serious 3 stock 4 stock baby!!! theres no need for overkill like tim and jeff.
Do you listen, every single one of my matches are close with EVERYONE EXCEPT JEFF TIM & JOEY. Uh, you get beat by people you claim your better than too.(Mr. J, Tag, Yeah!)

When you get serious, you get scared and jab smash, I wish you would play me for real once, when that 3-4 stock comes on me or branden (Since he says the same I do) I'll believe it. Tim and Jeff... Nevermind, I'm gonna stop putting them in this.

When they beat me i want them to try all the way.
I expect that out of them cause they know if they take me lightly two things will happen
1. I take advantage of it
2. That is a insult to me
so i request full power from them. you guys have no idea what tim and jeff full power is they go lightly on you guys to be honest except for the top 5 (thats means you joey)
Uh they don't. Ever. They beat you and you think they try. If you ask them, they'll tell you what I'm saying isn't the truth. But it is. They insult you every time you play them. Uh, They've played Joey actually trying, and he's won, I can tell you right now. That does not happen to you. Trust me.

Quit whining about it jab smashes put a pamper on now mmkay you counter me so i don't wanna hear it. If your not smart enough to get around it of course im going to keep using it, by the way uhhh im a clutch player anyways(Trademakered by tim)
HAHAHAHAHA dude. "Pampers" is a brand name so its "put on your Pam play me a few times, for real for real. Most of the time you have no ****ing idea what your talking about. You bull**** and lie, and when your losing to someone you think is A LOT worse then you. Thats all all all all all you do. and your right, keep using it if I can't get around it. After playing for so long I figured you'd be better than that though. The word is Trademarked.

Im sorry everyone but i will have to crush your hopes and dreams of being good it's time to stop being nice. :chuckle:
Haha have fun trying, but when you learn that Jeff and Tim are sandbagging when they play you, and you get all butt hurt. Know that I told you so. Oh and take pride in knowing, everyone except brian from rank 5 and up has been playing less than 6 months, and all are almost as good as you.(Prove me wrong) Uh not almost any improvement???

Oh and to everyone else!!!!!!!!! Tournament for SV is coming up in January!!!!!!!!!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208174

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
...I read the posts, and everyone is mad :(

C'mon people, we can't have un happy peoples on the interweb...

Your all just mad cuz I'd pwn u anyways :laugh:

SMURF BRACED FOR INTERNET FLAME WARS!
IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
Lol alright i'll drop it, but everytime I get cocky carlton says he'll knock me down a few notches, and it never happens, its always the same stuff.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Wow jo im going to keep spelling it like that get over it i said my piece it's time to let the controllers talk now. I claim im better and i have beat each and everyone of them to prove it..(Mr. J, Tag, Yeah!) you will earn my respect once you do step up that ladder i fought my way back up while you set and watched.

you think i lie and bs but i speak truth you on the other hand i just ignore your BS and keep trucking. It's funny cause you are a mini J that needs to be shown what true power really is.

Come on Twist all this stuff you are saying i hope you can back it up. I hope you can....cause it would be a shame.

You call my samus BS(get over it) but i could say so much about your falcon, but im going to leave that alone you don know when they are trying DID I NOT SAY THAT INCLUDES JOEY WHO THEY DON"T SANDBAG READ THE POST.

IF THIS IS THE ACTION YOU WANT TIM AND JEFF YOU GUYS GOT IT

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
hey guys dont bring me into your conflict i havent been on for two days and people are fighting and thanks joe your one of the few people who have acknowledged me for my effort

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
lololol, yea, you've beaten all 3 of them, but they beat you just as much. I'm talking about EVERYTHING you bs, as far as who you've beaten and such, I wouldn't know if its true or false, but you BS a LOT. Your not gonna be the one to show me what true power really is lol. I hope you can back up just as much. lol alright. your samus is BS, but let loose on my falcon, theres less to say about it than your gameplay in general. When you can tell me one thing that I do wrong with my falcon I'll listen, but I have sooo much more on your samus.

The action they want, is anyone under 1 or 2 to step up and actually make challenges, not claim they practice and not challenge the spot above them, I plan on adding some fun this weekend maybe. but I'm coming for your spot Carlton, one step at a time.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
lololol, yea, you've beaten all 3 of them, but they beat you just as much. I'm talking about EVERYTHING you bs, as far as who you've beaten and such, I wouldn't know if its true or false, but you BS a LOT. Your not gonna be the one to show me what true power really is lol. I hope you can back up just as much. lol alright. your samus is BS, but let loose on my falcon, theres less to say about it than your gameplay in general. When you can tell me one thing that I do wrong with my falcon I'll listen, but I have sooo much more on your samus.
Let the controllers talk from hear on out,.....man you provoked the wrong guy

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
Man, I always provoke you, just never this bad, lol okay lets let the controllers do the talking. But know I spoke truth, and my "Lies" are opinions.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Forget about games, I'ma spit the TRUF!

Anyways, I wanna play you guys Christmas break and be on the rankings even though I'm a Tucsonan :3 There isn't really an active AZ power ranking anyways.

AIR

Smash Rookie
wow... So many angry posts comming from 2 people... Okay, correction!!! (not siding with anyone and yeah, I'm probably gonna be hate by both sides)

Joe - Both me a Joey have played for more than a year... And you do talk a lot of ****, but some (or most) are true...

Carlton - You do "john" a lot, but you've improved a lot too... Maybe it's because of the new upcomming Smashers, because you want to be kicked off your high horse... (I don't mean to be mean in this post)

Anyway... Both of you need to stop posting these angry posts and try to keep these boards away from your problems... After all, Mr. J is off protecting our right to smash... GL Mr. J

Also... I CHALLENGE THE NEXT RANK!!! Let's duke it out Friday at Smash Club!!! :D Now who's DonMagicWand?

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
It's not that i want to be kicked off (or maybe...) but really i am trying to get SV alive again cause otherwise it gets boring because with no rival i have no reason to practice J was there to be my rival but he left....and with no action and jeff and tim somehow keep getting better (CHEATERS...LOL) it just seems with every step i take they take two steps futher but thats all going to change in due time...

Next time on

SV's Heroes-
The Rise of Deltron

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
I do really want the action back in SV, its gotten so boring and repetitive, honestly thats why I'm starting stuff, most of what I say is true. Your better than me carlton, I know it, your much more experienced, I know that too. But I need something to motivate me to get better. I was texting Jeff last night while I was talkin **** to you. He and Tim both know what I'm trying to do, I don't have anything against you or anyone. Its just a plan I'm willing to take a fall for.

If you wanna go to my tourny in January tell me now carlton.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
andy wtf are you talking about back then i didnt play melee i started playing competively since the end of july you might have but i didnt it was just there before and donmagicwand is brandon

AXE 09

Smash Master
yay! you see? that's much better. teamwork =)

my gosh... what have i missed these past few days? everyone's all pissed at each other and all this stuff's going on.... shoot, i kinda just wanna play some melee lol.

SMASHFEST TOMORROW!!!!! =D i have work off tomorrow (tuesday) so everyone should come. INCLUDING YOU TIM!!! TIMMY!!! VECTORMAN!!!!!! i've been killing for some falco ditto's lol. can't wait to play joey either. i just freakin love falco ditto's.

i don't want there to be any tension between anybody in this town... we're supposed to be a team. you know... united we stand, divided.... well, you know lol. carlton, i understand that you're probably doing a lot right now, but you should still smash with us when you get the chance. play samus, i can help you get better. that goes for everyone. if you wanna get better, you should play with me. joey calls me nearly EVERY day to smash, and look how good he's gotten in such a small amount of time. i think what everyone needs in order to get better is to play someone even better than them. i'm not trying to brag or sound like a jerk or anything, but if any of you guys play with me as much as joey, tim, chris, or brian has, you'll skyrocket in your skill level. ask any of them. all you need is an experienced player to play with. the only problem is that sadly, i'm not free as often as i used to be because of work... tomorrow is my only day that i can smash.

to wrap things up, STOP ARGUING!!!!!!!! listen to the advice that Joey says. i think he has the best advice out of all of us

.....................melee?

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Yea it's just school is hitiing me hard and i have finals in two weeks i have to pass these classes i have friday off but im studing

I will continur to practice my hands are killing me....**** missle canceling....

AXE 09

Smash Master
well don't sweat it man. school's obviously more important, i'm just saying if there's a time when things are calmed down in school and stuff and you have free time, then you should come smash with us. i like smash. smash is good =)

Top Bottom