• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official STB Thread!

-P**A-

Smash Cadet
Yo Paw, nice one......

Also this picture. I thought of G-mo when I saw it.

This site sucks.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
So, uh, what time is this Saturday? As I've never taken the time to post in this thread, I'm obviously pretty new, and I haven't noticed any distinct time said.

Me and a few friends of mine (still not sure how many. It'll probably be 2-5 though) plan on going this Saturday. We're sure to come in around last place, we just want to get better. Also we are 13-14 :/

ABIDE

Smash Apprentice
So, uh, what time is this Saturday? As I've never taken the time to post in this thread, I'm obviously pretty new, and I haven't noticed any distinct time said.

Me and a few friends of mine (still not sure how many. It'll probably be 2-5 though) plan on going this Saturday. We're sure to come in around last place, we just want to get better. Also we are 13-14 :/
Hey look everyone, Tai has a play date.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dude, wtf is with the hostility? Always respect new people and never try to disrespect them because you think they're not good. Guess what: You were there too and likely still are.

Jar'd: Welcome to the boards. The first step to getting better is accepting that you have a lot of improving to do. We all go through it. Don't get the wrong impression, smash players are very friendly people. Far more so than other games from my experience. Hope to see you there.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I probably worded it wrong. I'm not that new to smash. I didn't start playing yesterday, I at least have a decent grasp of the depth of smash. It's either that or I completely destroyed the original meaning of the post. But uh, thanks for the less sarcastic and insulting welcome?

But yes, I know I obviously have a TON of improving to do. I haven't played with anyone really above my skill level in ages. I'm just hoping to improve my overall playing skill from coming to the tourney , no matter how little.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not in a mean way (just an honest judgment of skill):

If you don't wavedash and l-cancel consistently and fluidly in every match, expect to be owned. But don't be discouraged! There are so many new people that rise through the ranks very quickly.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I already expected to be owned. As I said in my first post, "I'm sure to come in around last place" (around as I'm not the worst of the people coming with me, if they decide to play). I'm not getting my hopes up in the least. If the dojo has truly taught me anything, that would be it.

But that makes me look forward to coming even more. While I try to L-cancel as often as I can (Wavedashing... not so much) I've never really been put in a situation that requires it. This will actually demand something of me.

fark

Smash Apprentice
"sure the vilest of beasts in allahs sight are those who disbelieve..."
holy koran part 8 section 55
sorry tai the koran says you are a vile beast

anywho
talk about disrespect dan...
steve wasnt disrespecting anyone
simply teasing tai on his age

Yoko the wolf

Smash Cadet
Grr...someone took my thingymabob. Anyway it makes me sad that new players arise now when I can't make it.(Since I know you all love my greatness and myself.) Luck just isn't with me currently. So good luck, happy smashing, and G-Mo we still need to do doubles. Since i main thoat area now.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Yes, I'm 14 too.

That's why he was saying I had a playdate, lol.

By the way, I believe I left my controller at Oscar's house?

(Yes, the question mark was intentional)

ABIDE

Smash Apprentice
I ment no disrespect at all to Jar'd. I was just making a joke towards tai.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion

Ours are weeklies every Saturday at noon. We don't charge an entrance fee because we're poor ourselves.

Bring as many people as you like (we have tons of space), and bring a setup if you wish.

Don't fret about your skill level, as I have seen smashers begin to rise rapidly into fame/infamy/Vat-Power. Not me, though, because I suck at Super Smash Brothers: Melee for the Nintendo GameCube.

We're all pretty friendly people, just don't mess with Vat-Storch.

Anyway, I hope to see you there.

Dude, wtf is with the hostility? Always respect new people and never try to disrespect them because you think they're not good. Guess what: You were there too and likely still are.

Jar'd: Welcome to the boards. The first step to getting better is accepting that you have a lot of improving to do. We all go through it. Don't get the wrong impression, smash players are very friendly people. Far more so than other games from my experience. Hope to see you there.
Does this mean you're coming along with Manny? :)

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman

Hey Dan,

Steve's comment was actually my brainchild and my punchline that I said he should post after telling me of some new smashers that are going to be joining us.

I think you jumped to conclusions a little too hastily and misinterpreted the otherwise harmless joke #5,682nd we've made about our friend Tai and his age.

But I do agree that newcomers need to be welcomed in the loving arms of the smash community since we all in fact were at some point new to smash. In no way did I or Steve mean any disrespect to Jar'd or his company. In fact, I couldn't be more ecstatic about some new blood coming over to Oscar's house.

No harm done really, but in the future I'd take what me or anyone in TCB says on the boards only half-seriously. The other half is full of chicken burger.

To Jar'd,

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Me, ABIDE and fukc are part of crew named TCB. We are a "friendly" crew, and only strike a person if they somehow try to convince us that Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines was a good movie. And we like telling jokes about our friend Tai (or as you know him, YOUAREUGLY).

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Hey Dan,

Steve's comment was actually my brainchild and my punchline that I said he should post after telling me of some new smashers that are going to be joining us.

I think you jumped to conclusions a little too hastily and misinterpreted the otherwise harmless joke #5,682nd we've made about our friend Tai and his age.

But I do agree that newcomers need to be welcomed in the loving arms of the smash community since we all in fact were at some point new to smash. In no way did I or Steve mean any disrespect to Jar'd or his company. In fact, I couldn't be more ecstatic about some new blood coming over to Oscar's house.

No harm done really, but in the future I'd take what me or anyone in TCB says on the boards only half-seriously. The other half is full of chicken burger.

To Jar'd,

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Me, ABIDE and fukc are part of crew named TCB. We are a "friendly" crew, and only strike a person if they somehow try to convince us that Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines was a good movie. And we like telling jokes about our friend Tai (or as you know him, YOUAREUGLY).
Jar'd and company:

Just a filler on a lot of the crap you'll be hearing:

-You've got to believe
--I don't even know the history behind this really. They always say that to me because they like to say that I never believe, hence why Pokey (****) posted a verse from the Quran/Koran that said the vilest of beasts is the ones that don't believe >.<

-Vat-*insert word here*
--Vat-Zero, or Oscar likes to name things after his person. So far, there's Vat-Story, Vat-Cloud, etc.

-Look inside your heart
--See "You've got to believe"

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Haha, thanks. I don't think anyone coming with me thinks T3 is a good movie. I hope. :\

Anyway, look forward to seeing you guys too. The address hasn't changed at all from the first page, has it?

Thanks for the heads up Tai. At least I don't have to hear a bunch of memes.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Haha, thanks. I don't think anyone coming with me thinks T3 is a good movie. I hope. :\

Anyway, look forward to seeing you guys too. The address hasn't changed at all from the first page, has it?

Thanks for the heads up Tai. At least I don't have to hear a bunch of memes.
I also forgot.

Another STCB meme:

"Man up"

Just as the statement implies, it simply means the act of becoming more manly or strong. It is applied to virtually every single flicker of weakness.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion

Calm down there Dan. I can try to disrespect anyone I want even if they're better than me, no Johns though. Tis just a joke Danny boy!! Sarcas runs through the blood of TCB. Its better than faking your nice and just talking crap behind their backs. Besides, new people usually have worse comments on themselves then the one Steve made, but I can understand why you want a happy atmosphere around, but, yet, this... is... the STB thread, in which the atmosphere are for the ones that can " Man - up". Can you man- up Jar'd? I hope so. If you can't, please put back on your pink skirt and start Johning now. Thank you. :confused:

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Lol, jeez. I hardly said anything. If it was a joke then it was a joke, there's no issue.

Internet drama much?

-AltF4
(PS: How do so many people know me by name?)

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Lol, jeez. I hardly said anything. If it was a joke then it was a joke, there's no issue.

Internet drama much?

-AltF4
(PS: How do so many people know me by name?)
Perhaps it is because saying Dan is easier that AltF4Warrior. Plus, Dan rolls off the tongue better. :)

I'll be at Goop's before 3, I hope. Who is there?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here, have a reconciliatory ascii bunny.

...... _ _
..... \`\ /`/
...... \ V /
...... /. .\
.....=\ T /=
...... / ^ \
...{}/\\ //\
...__\ " " /__
(____/^\____)

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Well crap. I can't go. :@ Apparently, it wasn't known it was at "some guys house" which my friend's dad is against. Maybe later.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
And yet, you overlook something... Tai also had the same prob until his moms met me and saw that Vat- Zero is quite the gentleman...why? ...well...G-Mo knows. I say, good sire....it seems that Jar'd has a problem manning up. I see...theres no room for prepubescent girls at Vat- Zero's house...Mainly because of Dark...he's a wild guy, but I digress...I understand your situation, Jar'd, and I see...potential. Why not ride a bus or ask your parents to come and get ***** by me...Vat- Zero... just a suggestion, no johns though. They'll see that my supervising skills are most adequate, but again...I digress..because everyone knows speaking Vat- Zero's name will bring terror in children's hearts. so...with that said....I must say I hope you do come later Jar'd and that you have wonderful day with your folks or freinds..Vat- Zero out!

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman

And yet, you overlook something... Tai also had the same prob until his moms met me and saw that Vat- Zero is quite the gentleman...why? ...well...G-Mo knows. I say, good sire....it seems that Jar'd has a problem manning up. I see...theres no room for prepubescent girls at Vat- Zero's house...Mainly because of Dark...he's a wild guy, but I digress...I understand your situation, Jar'd, and I see...potential. Why not ride a bus or ask your parents to come and get ***** by me...Vat- Zero... just a suggestion, no johns though. They'll see that my supervising skills are most adequate, but again...I digress..because everyone knows speaking Vat- Zero's name will bring terror in children's hearts. so...with that said....I must say that I hope you do come later Jar'd and that you have a wonderful day with your folks or freinds..Vat- Zero out!

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Overprotective parents kinda piss me off sometimes.
Quite so.

I talked to my dad, who said he would come with me next time just to check you guys out. So, as it is now, I should be coming next week. Though I use "should" very loosely.

fark

Smash Apprentice
i feel the power that comes from believing and maning up
plus a heart full of hatred fuels the fire
my marth attack is getting better
somewhat...

no johns?

cloverfield gets better and better for me
the third time around was just as good as the second and first

ABIDE

Smash Apprentice
i feel the power that comes from believing and maning up
plus a heart full of hatred fuels the fire
my marth attack is getting better
somewhat...

no johns?

cloverfield gets better and better for me
the third time around was just as good as the second and first
You saw that ish three times already?

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Vat Zero, Heath Ledger died today of an overdose.

Are you Disavatpointed?
Are you serious? But he's playing the Joker for the new Batman movie. Who's getting his money? He said and I quote," Vat- Zero is my BFF". Does that mean I get his loads of cash? Or does Vat- Zero get it? That clever devil, the game is on.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Heath laughs with Vat- Zero in Heaven. I'll be walking in heaven and he'll say, and I quot," And how do excpect to perform these sexual favors..." and I'll shout, " Hey!! You saw that vid, son!"

"R.I.P. you fragin stud! "
- Vat- Zero

Top Bottom