• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Official Standard Custom Moveset Project: Mii Gunner

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
While there is the QR code for the proper height of the Miii Gunner, I think it would be nice if someone posted photos or a made a brief video on how to get the 1/4 size for those that actually want to personalize their Mii's a little while still using the competitive base. Its a little hard to tell if the size is right when comparing it to the QR coded Mii side by side. Personally I think I manage to replicate the size, but I sure as hell would have found it simpler if there was a guide to it, especially since the Wii U and the 3DS use two different sliders.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I don't think Flame Pillar is very good at all. NB3 comes out quicker, is active for longer, has better range (uncharged), does more damage (unless you hit with the initial flame pillar) and has less endlag which can lead to combos.
I have to disagree with you on this one. I feel the Flame Pillar when combined with Grenades and Bomb Drop is a super useful ledge coverage option. I usually drop a bomb by the ledge then instantly turn around and launch a pillar to negate a roll get-up. The missiles and Stealth Burst are good but they are much slower in comparison and as Gunner I feel that you should always be on the move. It's mainly comes down to preference for Side-B's though since all of them only have niche use for the most part.

NNID
Shado_Chimera
3DS FC
2019-9854-8378
In the example you provided, you can replace that pillar with a grenade for better effect. More damage, possible followup. Notice the edit in the same post, I realized I was wrong about it being bad as it can wall out projectiles better. All the side Bs are niche.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
In the example you provided, you can replace that pillar with a grenade for better effect. More damage, possible followup. Notice the edit in the same post, I realized I was wrong about it being bad as it can wall out projectiles better. All the side Bs are niche.
Yeah I just couldn't stand how slow the other two were.

AaronNixon666

Smash Rookie
I hope this thread isn't completely dead by now.lol I honestly do not like the Grenade option when I play. It looks pretty silly and I just am not a fan of it in general. I go back and forth with the Samus clone shot and the damage racking laser. I usually go 1 or 2 for the neutral and side special, 1 for recovery, and then either 1 or 3 for down special. Just me though, different strokes for different folks. Honestly I like most of Mii Gunner's moves seeing as they all seem to have a use.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I think currently the best set is somewhere between 1312 and 3312 in my opinion anyways.

Neutral: I find the Lasers are just inferior to both the Charged Shot and Grenades because of how the Lasers take away viable kill and spacing options. With the nerf to the Grenades, the Charged Shot seems to be a much more solid option in comparison.

Side: The Missiles undoubtedly have taken the Grenade's niche of being a relentless projectile to bug your opponent and control space. Flame Pillar is nice to cover get-ups from ledges and stuff, also blocks a fair amount of projectiles and mobile attacks. Stealth Shot has it's uses in Free-for-Alls, but in 1v1s I don't see much of a use for it, maybe it shines when against Reflectors or Villager?

Up: Rocket Uppercut to only be shafted because of Lunar Launch's much better recovery and the move's new stage spiking ability. Though I can't deny that the move is incredibly satisfying to land. Arm Rocket is nice, but the lack of a hitbot is pretty eh.

Down: And the other two really depend on the match-up. If you need to reflect and absorb projectiles they're there. Probably nice to have Reflector when against a character with a Reflector. The Bomb's shield pressure is too great to not be the default though.

AzuraSarah

Smash Cadet
Laser's only use is forcing opponents to approach and Mii Gunner has many other projectile options to do this that don't let the opponent gain free ground.

If they had a stronger windbox effect, they might be useful for gimping people offstage but as they are now they're too weak and this isn't even taking into consideration that Charge Shot and Grenade Launch exist.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Why not consider Down B 3, Absorbing Vortex? Sure, it's not as useful for projectiles (though it's great against some), but it can slow momentum changes, meaning if you jump into it, it can help your recovery. This would allow for the use of Rocket Uppercut without having a greatly decreased recovery, and Rocket Uppercut is a fantastic move in terms of power.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
Why not consider Down B 3, Absorbing Vortex? Sure, it's not as useful for projectiles (though it's great against some), but it can slow momentum changes, meaning if you jump into it, it can help your recovery. This would allow for the use of Rocket Uppercut without having a greatly decreased recovery, and Rocket Uppercut is a fantastic move in terms of power.
It is not as useful as bomb drop, because bomb drop provides gunner with a good landing option as well as another good tool in the neutral. In addition, at the best sizes for gunner ( 0/0 and 25/0), the recovery of gunner is good enough to get back to the stage without using absorbing vortex. The other problem with vortex is the fact that it is easy to punish when you are using it to absorb projectiles and recover.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
It is not as useful as bomb drop, because bomb drop provides gunner with a good landing option as well as another good tool in the neutral. In addition, at the best sizes for gunner ( 0/0 and 25/0), the recovery of gunner is good enough to get back to the stage without using absorbing vortex. The other problem with vortex is the fact that it is easy to punish when you are using it to absorb projectiles and recover.
I guess those are valid points. I personally pair Absorbing Vortex with Rocket Uppercut and Bomb Drop with Lunar Launch so that each has a good recovery.

EDIT: Also, I think 1323 should be a set. It's the one I use most often, and I really can't get used to Grenade Launch or Flame Pillar. I guess I can tolerate 1312, but I'm more familiar with 1323.

Last edited:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Yo Mii Gunners, I'm bring a setup to a local with miis legal (guest mii body only any move loadout). What setups should I have preloaded just encase anyone uses Mii Gunner? Should I even bother or just let people make their own? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

I think those are the popular ones.

You should probably have 1111 sets for all three premade as well.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Easy enough to let people make their own imo. There aren't many Mii Gunner mains out there, and many people can't agree on a set lol. However, 1312 represent~

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
1312 is growing on me, too. But I dunno if I'll ever give up reflector. I recently figured out how to cancel Charge Shot's charging animation into reflector, and tricked a few campy opponents with it. Most of you probly know this, but when charging up your charge shot, press Jump, then immediately shield, then immediately down B. So the Charge is canceled by Shield which is canceled by a buffered jump which is canceled by Reflect. Then you can mixup even more by turning around inside the reflector, and jump gundash backwards out of it to land behind your opponent and just F Smash him when he reflexively tries to shieldgrab you. O man I love Gunner

Last edited:
Top Bottom