• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Standard Custom Moveset Project: Ike

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I have some replays of Tempest ******* over a lot of recoveries, but nothing recorded.

Elixar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zer0Requiem
I'm like Mario here, I could get some stuff recorded, in fact, one of our weaker players picked up Ike yesterday and has focused on using Tempest, he managed to combo tempest into jab combo into charged tempest for the win. As his teacher, was proud, very very proud. I'll see if I can get the replay, or at least a gif.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Tempest is better in some match-ups. When Eruption isn't very good, Tempest should be run to help recovery. Falcon is one match-up I would take Eruption/Furious Eruption.

Mariofan13

Smash Cadet
In my opinion, counter2 is not so good. It has a much shorter hit window and more lag than the standard counter, and it doesn't stun the opponent long enough to guarantee a smash followup until high percent - but then, a standard counter kills too. And Ike loses a useful edgeguarding option againts characters like link who have upBs with hitboxes. S I don't understand why eight (!) if the ten actuel sets consist of counter2...

My custom sets for Ike is usually 3211 :)

Last edited:

Elixar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zer0Requiem
Guys, patch notes say that Ike can move quicker out of all QD customs, but I'm finding this to not be true, as much as I love CC as a QD custom, I think the movement options for QD now kinda outrank CC until it's endlag gets reduced like we thought it had. Maybe give just backup CC custom sets?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Evo will finish in a week so the best option is to just unlock the customs.

Elixar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zer0Requiem
He moves faster out of all QD customs.

Placebo works both ways.
Ah okay, I think the thing that felt slower for me is that CC doesn't retain momentum like QD does, making it feel more static to act out of.

Top Bottom