• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm guessing from these screens the camera will most likely be like than unless of course he meant to show the stage

burrito

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's not the Great Fox Pleiades, it's a new ship mad specifically for this stage. Maybe you should pay a little more attention to the new updates...

Zjiin

Smash Master
that's what i meant to say the "Great Fox Pleiades" not the Great Fox ship from Melee... geez made a simple mistake
I'm almost sick of talking about this but there is no "great fox" in the title of the new ship. You know what? i don't care. Call it Yoshi's Island Pleiades for all i care, lol.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
It's a new ship... designed as a new stage...not from any starfox game....called the Pleiades.

How freaking hard is that to understand?

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
I hope it will be in a new StarFox game. I think another Arena should be one like Final Destination (Flat Big area) But Pokemon balls rain down and open up none stop. Making the battle even more hard :p

EDIT: Yay 100th post.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
They brought back stages that were popular from N64 to Melee. I'm sure they'll do the same with Melee to Brawl. (e.g. FD, FoD, etc)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I do not believe Final Destination will be brought back, just...remodified to look better.
Why would you bring it back from Melee? It is a basic stage design that would take no time to develop a brand new one. They could also make a awesome new backround that shifts like Melee's did.
That stage said above with the Pokeball things, not gonna happen and you know it. You would get hit with the Pokeballs way to much. Also, when the Pokemon come out, that would lead into an end result of way more dodging Pokemon and Pokeballs than fighting.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I do not believe Final Destination will be brought back, just...remodified to look better.
Why would you bring it back from Melee? It is a basic stage design that would take no time to develop a brand new one. They could also make a awesome new backround that shifts like Melee's did.
That stage said above with the Pokeball things, not gonna happen and you know it. You would get hit with the Pokeballs way to much. Also, when the Pokemon come out, that would lead into an end result of way more dodging Pokemon and Pokeballs than fighting.
Dream Land is a basic style too, yet they brought it back.
Final Destination could be the same. And as for shifting backgrounds, Lylat Cruise ;)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well, remaking it would still be considered "bringing it back", it would just look different. It was "brought back" from 64 to Melee and will definitely be back for Brawl. The only difference is that it was made bigger from 64 to Melee, and I assume they're going to use the same size for Brawl since it worked out so well.

Now, to finalize this confusion of the Starfox level:

Great Fox (Ship/Stage)

Pleiades (Ship)

Lylat Cruise (Stage, played on the back of the Pleiades)

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Dyce, that isn't the Pleiades. :)
However, I don't think that Lylat Cruise will repalce the Great Fox stage it'self.
They should just re-make Sector Z.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Dream Land is a basic style too, yet they brought it back.
Final Destination could be the same. And as for shifting backgrounds, Lylat Cruise ;)
Yes I know that. You know it is going to change though. I can't explain but it's common sense that it won't be a past stage.:psycho:

Well, remaking it would still be considered "bringing it back", it would just look different. It was "brought back" from 64 to Melee and will definitely be back for Brawl. The only difference is that it was made bigger from 64 to Melee, and I assume they're going to use the same size for Brawl since it worked out so well.
That's still not bringing it back fully. In a way, yes and I understand what you mean but it is not gonna be a past stage and you know it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yes, it is the Pleiades. Let's not confuse everyone here alright? Some people have moderately low understanding capabilities, and it would be best for us all if we didn't try to screw with their heads.

EDIT:
@Creo-
No, It's not going to be a past stage. Never said it was. I'm just saying it's still going to be here but it will be newer for Brawl. Just like how they've had Battlefield in 64 and Melee and now it's back for Brawl totally revamped (cosmetically at least).

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yes, it is the Pleiades. Let's not confuse everyone here alright? Some people have moderately low understanding capabilities, and it would be best for us all if we didn't try to screw with their heads.
lol, exactly. Please, if you still have trouble understanding what ship is which after ALL this time, go play Halo or something. You are a plague on our smashboards!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93

EDIT:
@Creo-
No, It's not going to be a past stage. Never said it was. I'm just saying it's still going to be here but it will be newer for Brawl. Just like how they've had Battlefield in 64 and Melee and now it's back for Brawl totally revamped (cosmetically at least).
That is what I said in the first place. I know you didn't say it was. I know it will be in and newer. I said it was going to be revamped and now your agreeing. Are you with or against me?:confused:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Final Destination will probably back just with a new look and new design of course

I would actually love to see hyrule castle from 64 brought back and redone.
I hope the same, because the hyrule castle is one of my favorite all-time stages in SSB , I would also like it if they brought back hyrule temple from Melee whci was my 2nd favorite next to Brinstar

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
There will ALWAYS be a Final Destination. It's the final stop before the end credits, the final place to go before you've finished the game. The Final Destination.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
That's still not bringing it back fully. In a way, yes and I understand what you mean but it is not gonna be a past stage and you know it.
Am I with you or against you? I'm pretty sure I'm with you... but I have a feeling I should be asking YOU that question, buddy. Let's not talk down to me, especially if I don't deserve it. That's just rude and you know it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There will ALWAYS be a Final Destination. It's the final stop before the end credits, the final place to go before you've finished the game. The Final Destination.
^^^ Agreed 100%. Easy to make (just have a big single platform), add a changing background, and there you have it=one of the best stage designs! Perfect for a fair fight, and if you are positive it won't return (or be redone), you might as well doubt Mario is in Brawl! ;) :laugh: :)

Anyways, looks like Sakurai stole my Metroid Prime 3 stage idea, but made it into a Star Fox stage. Looks great, as do all of them thus far. By the way, I don't remeber Pleiades from any of the Star Fox games, which Star Fox game(s) is it in=???

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
^^^ Agreed 100%. Easy to make (just have a big single platform), add a changing background, and there you have it=one of the best stage designs! Perfect for a fair fight, and if you are positive it won't return (or be redone), you might as well doubt Mario is in Brawl! ;) :laugh: :)

Anyways, looks like Sakurai stole my Metroid Prime 3 stage idea, but made it into a Star Fox stage. Looks great, as do all of them thus far. By the way, I don't remeber Pleiades from any of the Star Fox games, which Star Fox game(s) is it in=???
Redesigning the Final Destination stage like they did the Battlefield would be sweet. Still a changing background, but make it look cooler.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i don't think it's any, i think sakurai made it up. it is a pretty cool name.

i wish they could do something like that for the mario kart stage. i would love to visit banshee boardwalk and rainbow road instead of staying in one spot

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Am I with you or against you? I'm pretty sure I'm with you... but I have a feeling I should be asking YOU that question, buddy. Let's not talk down to me, especially if I don't deserve it. That's just rude and you know it.
I am not being rude.
I am not talking down to you.
Would you ask me that question if I know what I am talking about?(yes I know you didn't say I didn't)
I think your with me if your saying it will be back but remodled.
To anyone, if it is remodled it is not a past stage because it is not exactly the same.
Okay, this is ended here.

Top Bottom