• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Zink

Smash Champion
@ Inferno- that's interesting. In the English version of the Dojo he definitively stated all characters would return, and this would be in the spirit of Smash. Did he change his mind? is there a translation error somewhere?

SmashZ

Smash Cadet
Zink said:
@ Inferno- that's interesting. In the English version of the Dojo he definitively stated all characters would return, and this would be in the spirit of Smash. Did he change his mind? is there a translation error somewhere?
He never said that, you should read the English site again. IF he weren't working on the game, they wouldn't touch any of the original 26 characters.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Here is what I would like to see:

Chamber of Sages-the six sages actually watch you fight the match
Twilight Realm
Dark Aether-There are those light orbs which when broken or exited, you take damage
Stone Tower-with actual ganon stone figure in center of match, may unlock ganondorf somehow?
Mario Kart-Red shells and lightning bolts and blue shells can actually hit you, stage works like Mute City
Tetris-works like Ice climbers stage, but you can get trapped and rows can get rid of
Dinosaur Planet
Psycho Mantis-Like in metal gear solid, he can read you mind by controller and fire things at you
Duck Hunt-like mushroom kingdom in ssbm
Emperor Bulblax's Kingdom-see emperor in backgroun fighting pikmin
Boxing Ring-same from dk64 or mike tyson's punch-out

and if my dream of seeing Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil 4 and the Prince of Persia in this game

Village-ganados fighting in background
Chamber of Sands-Sand monsters and people fight in background

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
The Boxing Ring should be Punch-Out!! themed, but you can get the King Dedede fight music as an alternate :p

I think I already said my Kid Icarus stage ideas. Sky Palace and Underworld.

I wouldn't mind two Star Tropics stages, if that appears. The first one could be Coracola on C-Island; it's a small island over the water with a village in the background, but you fight with just a few obstacles on the beachier area. There's a hut you can fight through, or stand on the roof, and two palm trees that you can stand on. A lone rock stands against one side of the island, and off into the water are five pillar like platforms -- 3 on one side, 2 on the other. The platforms shrink and grow depending on the switches appearing on the others. So it's never certain all of them will be above water; much like Star Tropics, jumping on one might reveal a hidden "foot panel" that changes the levels of the platforms. The hut can fall apart if you fight on top of it too long, and won't rebuild for the rest of the match. The Sub-C appears once in a while like the Turtle in Great Bay, facing both forwards and sideways, on thes ide of the island between platforms. You can see NavCom inside going about his business, before the sub dives again. In the background, the little "easter eggs" would of course be Big Octo and C-Snake, who rush by in the waves, sometimes chasing dolphins, other times being chased by the dolphins instead :p

The other stage was in the Ice Age, but I forgot the exact name of the area. The battle is fought mostly on top of the Sub-C and moving ice floes, which act as "balancing" platforms, like the area to the left of the pier on Great Bay. The level starts with the Sub-C moving slowly towards the screen down a river inside a crystalline cavern, with a few ice platforms to its side. But as the fight goes on, the level speeds up, and here comes the hazards. Like Mute City, a <!> appears on screen warning you when a giant iceberg (or the ocassionally frozen Yum-Yum ^_^;;) rocks from the front of the screen and back, either crushing one of the ice platforms or forcing the Sub-C to dive. This level is a pain to fight on because of those hazards, but the platforms do reappear, as does the Sub-C, and there will only be one missing at a time. The "cycle" restarts once the Sub-C leaves the cave and takes a very slight bend outdoors, with snow blowing and cavemen in the background, that brings it around the river and back into another cave. Like Venom, voices echo!

The music I imagined for each stage:
Coracola -- Star Tropics title screen, Overworld, Sub-C music all remixed into a cool medley
--Alternate! Star Tropics Dungeon theme :D
Ice Age -- Star Tropics Dungeon Music, but breaks into the Ice Age overworld music and title screen once in a while, kinda like Brinstar's music
--Possible Alternates! Ice music from Wario Land, because I liked that :X, or Phendrana Drifts with a bit more excitement :p

Speaking of stages, they really really really need a straight up Yoshi's Island stage from Mario World 2. Screw Yoshi's Story and Mario World, I want "Yoshi's Athletic" while I beat up people with my main fighter (Yosh-Yosh, of course :p)

Zink

Smash Champion
Hmmm... haven't played Star Tropics... stages look good though...
@SmashZ- I could have sworn it was that site. Maybe it was another. Or it possibly was an idea that was changed later. Either way I definitely remember reading it somewhere.

Zink

Smash Champion
Snake should have a camoflage stealth type move. Like having an invisiblility thingy but maybe with transparency instead of total invisibility so you can see him a bit.

Zink

Smash Champion
2 things-
In standard multiplayer it could mean the simple difference between a hit and a miss as opposed to being a matter of finding Snake. IE it's just enough camo to dodge an attack and no more.
In online multiplayer Snake would be invisible to the opponent completely.

This should help keep offline tourneys prevalent and at the same time create a slightly different online Snake, so that you get a different experience.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised if that Metal Gear stage let you go into that little vent/alcove, and go to a top "shaft" that was hidden behind a wall. You couldn't see what you were doing if you got in a scuffle up there, BUT it would make for some awesome sneak attacks.

krynn

Smash Cadet
umm, ppl can already turnsome somewhat invisible with the item in melee. to give someone that as a special would be kinda lame IMO. plus, we already know the cardboard box is going to be one of his moves. so i doubt he will have another one, plus lots of explosive moves. but who knows.. i have been wrong before... i think.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I had a crazy idea. I think it'd be fun if there was a stage that was nothing. The whole time the characters are in freefall. Granted, a few items and moves would have to be adjusted just for this stage, but I think it'd be wicked fun.

krynn

Smash Cadet
that would be weird! jumping would just slow your fall a lil bit. hmm, that would be an intersting stage, tho i think it would get old really quick. i dont know, i would have to play it first. maybe it could be part of a stage that changes scenery. like meta nights stage. maybe the airlifts fall out and all the chars free fall for 15 secs. cool idea.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
That post just then actually made me think of a cool Zelda-based realm. Pardon me if this is what he meant and someone was talking about it before, but how about the Sacred Realm where the Triforce is? Just a cool-looking, heavenly-like place with maybe the Triforce glowing in the background.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
A stage where you are falling would not work without platforms along the way.

Think about it. When a character does their triple jump, they are immobile and cannot do another move, that's what causes you to fall to your demise when you cannot reach the edge.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
DokturSea said:
I had a crazy idea. I think it'd be fun if there was a stage that was nothing. The whole time the characters are in freefall. Granted, a few items and moves would have to be adjusted just for this stage, but I think it'd be wicked fun.
*cough*

I was just thinking maybe would be fixed here so where you could retain a freefall somehow.

It was just a crazy idea.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
foxandfalco said:

yay, a metal gear solid stage
****IT you beat me to it by like half a day!

@ Zink THE ALMIGHTY LORD OF THE FORUM
Where does it say all will be returning on Dojo? I can't find it.

Also I hope they add a "stage section on the website because stages are almost as interesting as the chracters and seeing how they're coming will keep us occupied whilst we wait untill he starts announcing a character each week (not until 2007 I think)

Zink

Smash Champion
@ Person-I-can't-remember-the-name-of-who-spoke-to-me
Now I feel insignificant. :(
Where does it say all will be returning on Dojo? I can't find it.
It's not on the Dojo, or it was removed. It might have been in an interview. Although it is possible it was an idea they just rejected after he made the statement.

Zink

Smash Champion
Yay! :laugh:
Is anyone else finding odd how little info is being released? I mean, there was some at E3 and a few tidbits later. You'd think they'd throw out something every now and then to keep people interested.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
well the game is still every early in development, what I'm hoping is that soon they'll start releasing info on a new stage each week or whatever, before they move on the characters, that would take a lot of time and keep people interested

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
The Dev Team seems to be going all-out on the stages. Especially if during a battle, you actually change where you are. Not Peach's Cruise, more like: Hanger moving onto the Halberd.

I get a good feeling about the stages besides the awesome beauty of them. I haven't played Superstar in a while, but can I assume the Halberd has guns? Well, I'll do that. If it has guns, they could have easily made it attack the stage like the planes on Corneria, but they didn't do that. It appears they're going more for 'terrain interaction' than 'outside interaction,' which I will love. Not a drastic interaction like Poke Floats [ARRG!], but like Fountains of Dreams where you have platforms, then you don't.

Since they're going all-out on the stages, they should probably be as proud of them as with the characters themselves. I know I would be, and I would show off my stages as equally as my characters. Let's just hope they feel the same.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
I get a good feeling about the stages besides the awesome beauty of them. I haven't played Superstar in a while, but can I assume the Halberd has guns? Well, I'll do that. If it has guns, they could have easily made it attack the stage like the planes on Corneria, but they didn't do that..
It did have guns; in the.... third chapter of Revenge of Meta Knight (I think it was third), Kirby tries to fly back on a Warp Star, but gets shot out of the sky, landing in the woods somewhere. There is a part of the game where you actually fight the gun of the Halberd as well, or at least one of its power sources, destroying it. Fun boss :)

I was just thinking: if they put in a Bowser's Castle stage, which is pretty **** definite, do you guys think it will be "LOL HAZARD MAYHEM!" :chuckle:? I get the notion it'll have you fighting on one of those long bridges (I can picture it being a long stage) over lava, with Podobos (fireballs) leaping out, and then Thwomps overhead. Maybe Bullet Bills come in from the sides once in a while, and if they're feeling really evil, then you fight on a few platforms connected by the bridge, which can be broken by an axe on the side ;) I wouldn't mind seeing Kamek or some of the Koopalings roaming the background either. It would be such an awesome stage! And I picture them using a cool remix of the SMB1 Castle music (similar to what they used in Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door), or the SM64 Bowser Battle music. Both would fit wonderfully. As an alternate, they could try and remix a few other castle/battle themes, including the Bowser music from Mario 3, which rocked (and is better recognized by most these days as the Bowser Battle music from Mario RPG).

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
The Golden Pyramid or Ganon's Tower would be awesome. Forget Ocarina of Time and Majora; I'm sick of those games :p I want some old-school Zelda lovin'!

panthrtail

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have an idea in which Snake's stage will be?
It looks like it might be this one. A hangar of sorts, and what looks like an elevator to the left.

Sorry if this was already posted, I don't quite feel like going through all those pages.

Alandorf

Smash Journeyman
FlipTroopa said:
The Golden Pyramid or Ganon's Tower would be awesome. Forget Ocarina of Time and Majora; I'm sick of those games :p I want some old-school Zelda lovin'!
What if you started fighting on the Golden Pyramid and then you could fall down inside into the place where the final Ganon fight is. Like make it a moving stage i guess.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
What about a stage from the original Mario Bros., or even the Donkey Kong arcade game?

Top Bottom