• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Stage Discussion- New Minor Update 19/4

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
On a bowser stage, molten lave could get fpured in or certain areas could be flamed and melted so that they change shape or become unable to stand upon for a while, plus you could have like a giant mecha bowser screwing up stuff in the background (though i'd rather they didn't have that, i don't like mecha bowser he's annoying and not cool.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Mr.Victory07 said:
After medaknight is unlocked in the hangar stage how will it go from hangar to floating platforms?
Watch the video again: You are in the hanger. There are platforms along the walls of the hanger, and you can barely see the nose of the ship in the dark background. The floating platform that they are fighting on later (which is flying around the airborne ship) is in the center of the floor. The hanger doors open and it takes off following the ship. It probably lands on the ship, or near it, so that you can fight all over the place.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
My guess was that the Halberd stage works its magic in a similar vein to the original Captain Falcon level (i forget its name, where the platform zips across the track occasionaly stopping while cars attempt to run you over) ... that was a pretty crap stage.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I fail to see how it would work like that except for the fact that it takes off. Mute city has no section where you can't fall off the bottom of the stage, this track does, and when it takes off there's a second platform above. Plus there are no annoying cars, the stage wasn't THAT crap.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Inferno_blaze said:
I fail to see how it would work like that except for the fact that it takes off. Mute city has no section where you can't fall off the bottom of the stage, this track does, and when it takes off there's a second platform above. Plus there are no annoying cars, the stage wasn't THAT crap.
ok it wasnt THAT crap, but it wasnt exactly good either.

Mute City (thankyou) Had a part where the stage went really high into the air, and characters could fall of the bottom. My reasoning is most of the time spent the stage is like that, with the extra platform above and a different shape bottom platform. As far as i can tell the platforms stop in two places, the Hangar (where i presume the level starts) and on the Halberd itself, where i think we see the cinematic of Samus charging and shooting her gun, before it all magically appears in the desert.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I think you misread my post, I said mute city had no point where you COULDN'T fall off the bottom, as in you always could fall off the bottom, this stage has the indoor starting area (hangar) where you can't. Also yeah I was wonering why it randomly cuts to being in a desert, you think they made half then forgot about that fact?

I remember one time when I was so bored that I went on practice mode and destroyed EVERY SINGLE SHIP. There were literally no ships left moving round the track, and some flaming wreckages in the middle of fighting arenas. It was pretty cool at the end (**** hard to kill the last few ships though.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Inferno_blaze said:
I think you misread my post, I said mute city had no point where you COULDN'T fall off the bottom, as in you always could fall off the bottom, this stage has the indoor starting area (hangar) where you can't. Also yeah I was wonering why it randomly cuts to being in a desert, you think they made half then forgot about that fact?

I remember one time when I was so bored that I went on practice mode and destroyed EVERY SINGLE SHIP. There were literally no ships left moving round the track, and some flaming wreckages in the middle of fighting arenas. It was pretty cool at the end (**** hard to kill the last few ships though.
Yeah sorry, but in answer to that, you can see the platform in the ground of the hanger, i believe it'll just take off, slowly rising up and then zipping about in the sky and so on. Going from no falling off, to falling off. Like brinstar where if the lava level is low enough you can die while if its high enough you hit the the lava and come straight back up. It'll change between those two polars, obviously changing floor level wont be involved, but to kill someone in the hangar im guessing sideways or upways.

No idea what hell was going on in the trailer, did samus destroy the ship then they all crashlanded in the desert with nintendo just cutting that part out? I suppose they just had to breakaway from Metaknight he was involved all the way from his appearence and most of Pits. Once Zero Suit Samus appears and they are in the desert he dissapears untill Wario crashes his hot rod.

I didnt even know you could destroy the ships :urg:

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
How d'you think they'll give a warning for when it's gonna take off? Because I mean if you were off the edge you'd want at least some knowledge of the fact that the only way out it about to fly off.

Also maybe they cut bits because it's the intro but they're hiding some of the other characters in it. I doubt it but I guess we won't know until it comes out (maybe they'll release the intro befoe the game's released).

Oh and you should try destroying the cars, it great fun, especially with a friend, just spawnn some bobombs grab one each and begin tossing away. It's much cooler if you can kill one in a real vs match because you don't get your own choice of items then, bowser is a goodchoice if you want to do this because his Bdown works well, as do his smashes, probably due to their invincibility frames.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
With a large flashing warning sign, same as mute city, also the fact youll see the ship starting to make noises and move about should be another clear give away.

Its possible but i doubt it, Zero Suit Samus jumps and then lands in the desert i noticed after watching it again, although it is still quite odd. Parts of it just dont add up for an intro (which would most likely be ALL cinematic).

Will do at some point, but i cant right now as im supposed to be revising for AS exams :ohwell:

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I'm a little more intrigued by the castle stage, personally. Do we fight on the roof, and fall indoors? Or are there two separate selectable stages both based on the same castle? Very intriguing, methinks...

And Wario Ware Inc. FTW

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
there isn't one yet but we want one, just discussed some ideas for one. The castle stage does look **** cool, will be interesting to see how it works out.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Off the top of my head id say the castle would work in a similar way to Hyrule Temple, with fighting on top as well as little bits below which have a ceiling (where we see Link doing his dair). The decor of the two scenes looks the same. Thats about it really, im sure lets alot more to that stage, well just have to wait and see.

Zink

Smash Champion
I tink I gotta go with the two castle stages being separate. They don't look to me like joined stages. The enviroments are too different for a transition. And how would they get from the castle top to the inside hall? If, as some have suggested, the castle roof crumbles letting you into the indoor area, wouldn't there be a lot of rubble and a gap in the ceiling, neither of which were in evidence?

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Stage Suggestions

I think it would be pretty cool to fight on bongo bongo's bongo (<--- wow) whilst he is spinning around it. Though he wouldn't necessarily have to make the characters bounce. Also i think that the last battle with Ganon in Wind Waker, the stage with water, would be cool.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Wizzlecroff said:
Also i think that the last battle with Ganon in Wind Waker, the stage with water, would be cool.
Mmmm yeah but we need some things that make that level special. In the Wind Waker, it's just one round platform with some water around it. And think about it, if you got thrown of the stage, how would you be possible to get back if you can't see it because the water is blocking your view?

ciRius j0Qr

Smash Journeyman
San Juan, Puerto Rico {Estudio en RUM so M mepuede
Kujirudo said:
Mmmm yeah but we need some things that make that level special. In the Wind Waker, it's just one round platform with some water around it. And think about it, if you got thrown of the stage, how would you be possible to get back if you can't see it because the water is blocking your view?
Well there is no obligation for making it round
it can be a semicircle and the water on the background

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Actually, make that the gimmick. There's a water veil all around the sides and back of the arena (the camera has cut through the front of it), so if you are knocked off the sides, you have trouble getting back, because you need to fight the water.

The only problem is, it's a flat stage: kinda boring, don't you think? :p

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Just though I would throw this out.

I always thought about a Tetris-like arena. The bottom pit would be empty at match start, and you would stand at the bottom and fight. As the time goes on, the blocks keep falling down, and fill up the pit. As it rises, so do you, and can reach the upper battle area.

If you stand in a blocks way, you will receive damage. If your percentage is high enough, you can get knocked out. As the blocks rise and ultimately reach the top, they will continue to pile up to the top of the screen. If you are standing on the blocks as they reach the top, you get Star KO'ed.

Sound like a feasible idea?

bakunthalawee

Smash Rookie
Kereokacola said:

I always thought about a Tetris-like arena. The bottom pit would be empty at match start, and you would stand at the bottom and fight. As the time goes on, the blocks keep falling down, and fill up the pit. As it rises, so do you, and can reach the upper battle area.

If you stand in a blocks way, you will receive damage. If your percentage is high enough, you can get knocked out. As the blocks rise and ultimately reach the top, they will continue to pile up to the top of the screen. If you are standing on the blocks as they reach the top, you get Star KO'ed.

That's a pretty cool idea for a stage. Would the blocks act like the ones in Kirby's stage, or are they indestructable?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
wow that would be awesome, have something cool at the top though, the stage wouldn't have to be at all balanced, it would just be there for fun. They'd have to be destructible somehow wouldn't they? Other wise the blocks could cut you off from the other players stopping the fight.

WR3K

Smash Ace
or just to side platforms with a pit and small platforms in it?

idk if they could pull the tetris thing, im not sure if they would want to incorperate tetris

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
The blocks should be destructable, but have effects according to their color like
Red:An explosion
Yellow:You are paralyzed Temporarily
Blue:You slow down for a while
purple:You get steady, yet low damagegreen:Temporarily large
Pink:Attack damage goes up temporalily
Multicolored :Invincible
White:Invisible
Orange;Nearest opponent rcives stady damage
Black:Stops effect from other blocks for everyone

ciRius j0Qr

Smash Journeyman
San Juan, Puerto Rico {Estudio en RUM so M mepuede
Mr.Victory07 said:
The blocks should be destructable, but have effects according to their color like
Red:An explosion
Yellow:You are paralyzed Temporarily
Blue:You slow down for a while
purple:You get steady, yet low damagegreen:Temporarily large
Pink:Attack damage goes up temporalily
Multicolored :Invincible
White:Invisible
Orange;Nearest opponent rcives stady damage
Black:Stops effect from other blocks for everyone
Very interesting
but im still not sure about the form for the stage
its a little weird T

D

Deleted member

I'd bet money they will model a level out of the Wii remote. Nintendo has started to do that more.
I imagine they'd have it flying around and doing all sorts of cool stuff, ala Brinstar Depths.

Yota

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see a map similar to the spider boss' in Super Mario Galaxy, except with holes along the floor. (Breakable floors, maybe?) IGN: SMG Videos

May be tricky, but the only real changes needed to be done to the conroler would be the directions. If gravity is forcing you to the left, rotate the joystick controls 90° clockwise. Would probably be much funner with the Wii-mote, though.

Edit: Even a small planet that you could run arround would be nice. I want to knock someone into orbit. :laugh: I can see the hoards of items circling the planet already.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Skylink, yes, you incorporated my image very well.

Having the blocks be destructible is an idea. It would be awkward, I'm sure, but the very idea of incorporating Tetris (since it's been popular ever since it was created), is a good idea in my mind.

burrito

Smash Lord
Kereokacola said:

I always had the same idea, except for Dr.Mario. I figured he could use his own level.

How about a construction site level from the original Donkey Kong?

krynn

Smash Cadet
The castle stage was def. from FE: PoR. i doubt they would add a stage that no character is from. soooo, does anyone think this will mean that marth and roy are out and new FE chars are in, or just character additions?

I think it would be cool to have one of the animal ppl in the game and have them be able to transform ala shiek. what i really want is for Link to be able to transform into his wolf counter part from TP, but i doubt it will happen.

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
I thought of a awesome stage.

Great fox madness.

It's like the corneria, great fox stage.

But, there are Wolfen ships shooting at it.

And there are Arwing ships shooting THEM.

And every now and again, the landmaster drives across the stage, also shooting the wolfen ships. (at every minute)

you go through an asteroid belt, meaning you have to dodge the boulders (at two minutes)

Then, the ship crashes on the surface just barely for a bit. (at three minutes) (it also drops the blue marine, if you look closly)

It takes off again, still under attack from the wolfen. (at three and a half minutes)

one of the wolfen ships is shot down, (at four minutes) explodes on the great fox, and leon is now on the stage, and scrambles atop one of the other wolfen ships. He then stands on top of it, shooting at the people fighting on top of the ship. (if you hit/shoot him, he gets hurt, and if you hit him enough he falls over on the wing, really hurt. (makes him stop shooting, obviously)

at five minutes, they leave, the arwings go back where they were, and all is peaceful for a half a minute, and the loop starts over.

(leon is replaced with pigma the second time, and replaced with Panther (Caroso) the third time.)

Zink

Smash Champion
OK, back to the castle- that really doesn't look like a PoR castle. I think it is a castle from the next, Wii, FE. Plus to whoever said it there will be NO characters removed.

krynn

Smash Cadet
ok, just making sure. i thought ir ead that some chars wouldnt make it back. and, i thought it was a PoR castle, and i read that it was from FE in a couple of places, yet no character related to it has been announced. just speculating on which one it might be. whether it be from PoR or a new one... either way would be cool.

Top Bottom