• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
wolf just give up
sorry im on the internet on my wii. what i ment was marth will get a english voice actor. roy will get his own move set if put in.
it well takes longer and longer to charge each time using it. scratch it 5+ damage to not be affected by the attack. its like the gooey bomb but more powerful. causes more flinches
fs yah he ties you up then roy hops on the pegeaus. flies up. points sword straight up on the horizon above clouds.(sun gives it more fire...and it looks wiked).you jump off pegeasus and u come down hiting the chained people with a fiery blazed attack, making them fly of the stage. its x10 is times 10 powerful not 10 times
=D better

wolf, do you think anybody becomes a MK just by having a good char and playing as them. no they have to get good with one which takes....idk skill. any body can be good at ssb with any character if they train with it.
btw what douse training increase. thats right it increses skill of the player.
i advise you to give up before you make a fool out of your self.=)
I'll be the fool when you show me the vid of a C. Falcon beating one of the top 5 MKs, then you'll prove it's all about players' skill and not the character itself.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Who ever I was arguing with about the whole "Death to Mewtwo idea", I bounced it off a friend of mine and they said "What. You kill mewtwo. That is so lame." and then they went into a long speech about how it is a set of kids toys and etc.

So I guess you were right slightly.
I have modified my story to avoid death, even though I think killing off some characters would make the story very memorable.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Who ever I was arguing with about the whole "Death to Mewtwo idea", I bounced it off a friend of mine and they said "What. You kill mewtwo. That is so lame." and then they went into a long speech about how it is a set of kids toys and etc.

So I guess you were right slightly.
I have modified my story to avoid death, even though I think killing off some characters would make the story very memorable.
"Killing off"? What is it, some kind of fanfiction or something?
In a sense, the cut characters DID "die," but that isn't to say they cannot be revived, either, especially when the outcry is loud enough. (And after encountering many-a poll and topic that deal with "Who do you want in the next Smash Bros.?" and Mewtwo and Roy reigning over the 1st and 2nd slots... yeah... quite far from destroyed, those two are. ;) )

...By the way, Mewtwo and his Cut Compadres for SSB4.
With an added dose of Rosalina. Wasn't she supposed to be an Assist Trophy in Brawl? Something about that Whobby convention noted her and Adeleiene...

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
"Killing off"? What is it, some kind of fanfiction or something?
In a sense, the cut characters DID "die," but that isn't to say they cannot be revived, either, especially when the outcry is loud enough. (And after encountering many-a poll and topic that deal with "Who do you want in the next Smash Bros.?" and Mewtwo and Roy reigning over the 1st and 2nd slots... yeah... quite far from destroyed, those two are. ;) )

...By the way, Mewtwo and his Cut Compadres for SSB4.
With an added dose of Rosalina. Wasn't she supposed to be an Assist Trophy in Brawl? Something about that Whobby convention noted her and Adeleiene...
We were discussing what we would like to see in the next Smash story mode. I came up with a few things (and have expanded on it since then), one of which had Mewtwo dying. People did not like it.

I honestly would like to see all cut character make a come back.
Dr. Mario could be a costume.
Mewtwo could be playable.
Roy could be a model swap for marth.
Pichu could be put in a trainer with Jigglypuff.

and I think that is it (Young link became Toon link.)

Steelia

Smash Champion
We were discussing what we would like to see in the next Smash story mode. I came up with a few things (and have expanded on it since then), one of which had Mewtwo dying. People did not like it.

I honestly would like to see all cut character make a come back.
Dr. Mario could be a costume.
Mewtwo could be playable.
Roy could be a model swap for marth.
Pichu could be put in a trainer with Jigglypuff.

and I think that is it (Young link became Toon link.)
Ah, nice! I wouldn't've thought of putting Pichu under Pokemon Trainer... Actually makes quite a bit of sense. That would be a pretty neat way of sneaking Pichu back in. :p

For Mewtwo dying, I really don't know... I could certainly see the likes of the "darker" characters being killed off (Ganny being one, as he's already died a number of times in the Zelda games), but Mewtwo... Sure, he came close to "death" in his anime special, but it just doesn't seem to really match him. It's almost like trying to kill off Bowser, King Dedede, or Wario, even. Just doesn't really sit right. The close to "death" I COULD see him reach is being turned back into a trophy temporarily, but that's about it (given trophification is like death in the Smash World).
Ah. If only Smash could be that dark. I highly doubt Sakurai would ever dig himself into a hole that deep, though.

Regardless, Mewtwo and Cut Companions for Smash Bros. 4.
And an Adventure Mode that doesn't take away from the roster this time. You'd think they would've made Primid playable for all the effort Sakurai and co. put into making them... (Like how Auroros were supposed to be Assist Trophies.)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Ah, nice! I wouldn't've thought of putting Pichu under Pokemon Trainer... Actually makes quite a bit of sense. That would be a pretty neat way of sneaking Pichu back in. :p

For Mewtwo dying, I really don't know... I could certainly see the likes of the "darker" characters being killed off (Ganny being one, as he's already died a number of times in the Zelda games), but Mewtwo... Sure, he came close to "death" in his anime special, but it just doesn't seem to really match him. It's almost like trying to kill off Bowser, King Dedede, or Wario, even. Just doesn't really sit right. The close to "death" I COULD see him reach is being turned back into a trophy temporarily, but that's about it (given trophification is like death in the Smash World).
Ah. If only Smash could be that dark. I highly doubt Sakurai would ever dig himself into a hole that deep, though.

Regardless, Mewtwo and Cut Companions for Smash Bros. 4.
And an Adventure Mode that doesn't take away from the roster this time. You'd think they would've made Primid playable for all the effort Sakurai and co. put into making them... (Like how Auroros were supposed to be Assist Trophies.)
Yay. That is two who support the trainer.

Also, in your post, you gave the reason why I like the idea so much. It does not sit well. If something big like a character death happens, it would shock a fanbase. (Think when they killed Optimus in the transformers movie.)

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I support your pokemon trainer idea. ^.^
But who would the third pokemon be?
I think Gardivour would be best.

She is a magical type, so it would give a good contrast moveset to the other two. It would also give her ranged attacks. She is also very popular from my understanding.

It would be

Jigglpuff
Pichu
Gardivour.

Also, Glad to see another one in favor of the idea.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is how they could create a new Female Pokémon Trainer.

Pichu
Jigglypuff
Lucario

So than you could have

Pikachu
Pokémon Trainer: Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard
Female Pokémon Trainer: Pichu, Jigglypuff, and Lucario
Mewtwo
and a 5 gen Pokémon

4 slots, 9 total characters; one new and all 8 returning. I would also think they would buff Jigglypuff and change Pichu's specials, instead of Thundershock or Thunder lets try Zap Cannon and Thunder Wave. Keep Quick Attack and lets change Skull Bash to Charm.

Latley I have gotten into the idea of Slime for a Square-Enix rep in a future Smash 4. My biggest gripe used to be that it would not be able to hold items, but recently I watched gameplay clips from Rocket Slime that showed otherwise. I can actually see him getting a moveset consisting of magic/physical attacks drawing from Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime and the main Dragon Warrior series alongside created attacks. DQ has the history, it CERTAINLY has the fanbase , and I think with enough support Slime may actually have a fairly good chance. Assuming Sonic and Snake stay (which they should since they are a part Smash Bros universe now), and Megaman is included, it would only give us 4 third party series. A decent size, not too big not too small, a nice even number. Anything above 4 is a little ludicrous and I highly doubt we will be seeing crazy inclusions like Master Chief or Kratos.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Here is how they could create a new Female Pokémon Trainer.

Pichu
Jigglypuff
Lucario

So than you could have

Pikachu
Pokémon Trainer: Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard
Female Pokémon Trainer: Pichu, Jigglypuff, and Lucario
Mewtwo
and a 5 gen Pokémon

4 slots, 9 total characters; one new and all 8 returning. I would also think they would buff Jigglypuff and change Pichu's specials, instead of Thundershock or Thunder lets try Zap Cannon and Thunder Wave. Keep Quick Attack and lets change Skull Bash to Charm.
I see the appeal to dumping Lucario there. I was thinking slightly different. I was thinking having 6 slots and getting in that 3rd gen rep that is alluding the series. That is why I am set on Gardivour.

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle, Ivysour, Charizard
Female Trainer - Jigglypuff, Pichu, Gardivour
Mewtwo
Lucatio
5th Gen.

That is how I see it honestly (of course, this is fan hoping. Reality will be no much more painful)

Latley I have gotten into the idea of Slime for a Square-Enix rep in a future Smash 4. My biggest gripe used to be that it would not be able to hold items, but recently I saw video clips from Rocket Slime that showed otherwise. Now I can actually see him getting a moveset consisting of magic/physical attacks from Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime and the main Dragon Warrior series alongside some created moves. I think DQ has the history, it CERTAINLY has the fanbase in Japan, and I think with enough support Slime may actually have a fairly good chance. Assuming Sonic and Snake stay (which they should since they are a part Smash Bros universe now), and Megaman is included, it would only give us 4 third party series. A decent size, not too big not too small, anything above 4 is a little ludicrous.

I have seen alot of people suggest Slime. I will counter this suggestion with Chocobo from FF.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
The choices for the Female Pokemon trainer are kind of random. I doubt they would go about just putting Pokemon in just because of their playstyle. I see it more like an evolution pattern, like with PT.

Jigglypuff is much too popular to just be thrown in another character just like that. This is just my opinion, though.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
As far as a Squenix rep goes, I've heard a lot of suggestions. The only one I can, in good conscience, back up, is Crono. What with Chrono Trigger recently being ported to the DS, more people are aware of the game than ever before, and it certainly stands out (in my opinion, at least) as one of the better RPGs ever made. Of course, that's a little personal bias, but at least don't count Crono out as a potential rep for Squenix.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Crono is more likable as a Square rep, but I seriously doubt they would skip all the other Square main characters just for him. I could only see him making an appearance the same way Snake did. Snake wasn't a "mascot" of Konami, he just always had the better games in the company, so rep'd it quite well.

shumaru

Smash Rookie
well i think put melee mode for that person like melee , and brawl mode .
melee for use wavedash and more the fast all in melee mode ,
brawl, hmm more character like
masket man mother 3
mewtwo come back
pichu come back
roy come back
hehe shadow
and more ...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yeah, I definitely know what you're saying. At the same time, though, I've never been able to look at Square and see an obvious playable character choice. They just don't really have a solid frontrunner as far as that goes. People want Slime, Crono, all sorts of Final Fantasy names I don't really know, Sora, and who knows who else. The unfortunate fact of the matter is, none of them really stick out as an obvious choice. In the end, it'll probably just be a decision made with Squenix that revolves more on who they want their rep to be, nothing we have any say in.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Agreed. The main problem is that Square has such a huge, diverse universe. No character can represent that much better than the other since most Square games are "monopolies". Meaning, no real sequels or anything.

Sora may seem a somewhat ok candidate since he has appeared in several Square games; the only issue is the Disney side of it. But he pretty much gets a major plus since he is in a game with multiple Final Fantasy characters. It give him a decent advantage.

Also, we should keep in mind Final Fantasy: Dissidia. Square wouldn't waste a slot for a character already in an action fighting game.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Crono: I would absolutely die (in a good way) if he got in, sadly even with the rerelease of Crono Trigger, I do not know if he is known well enough to make it in. To the gaming community he is huge but remember who Nintendo is catering too...

Any FF character: Problem here is there is no set character, considering that most all of the big named characters all appear in series that have never been seen on a Nintendo system, that severely limits the pool of characters. Chocobo would make sense, but I think some another more popluar (Easts' perspective) RPG series stacks up better.

Sora: As one person stated, you also have to go through Disney to work out some legal rights and that could be an issue. He stands a better chance of getting a slot due to his soon to be released DS game, but still I do not know if he would be the greatest choice IMO.

Geno: I am sorry Geno fans, as much as I love Geno I do not think he fairs to well. Yes he was highly voted for, but if those rumors about Square were true, than I highly doubt now then they would put him in. Again we have to think of the casual crowd, they don't know who he is, he was in one game and only made a cameo in another.

Slime: Probably the most akward character of them all, he is the mascot of the Dragon Quest series, kind of like what Pikachu is to Pokémon. Dragon Quest is huge in Japan, and although not as popular as Final Fantasy it is still relatively fair here in the West. The reason I think he has the best chance is due to Dragon Quest X and Nintendo's pledged support of the DQ series, when was the last time you ever heard Satoru Iwata personally announce Nintendo would help advertise a third party game in the West? DQX will be a huge boost to slumping Japanese Wii sales, already it is the most eagerly anticipated Wii game yet, maybe ever! My personal opinion is if DQX does really well on the Wii, we might see future exclusive DQ releases, which could span into the time a Smash Bros 4 is being developed which is my reasoning for why Slime stands the best chance. I have a couple others but I do not want to divulge into them further. :p

If I had my choice, I would go with Crono. Most likely it would be Sora or Slime.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also, we should keep in mind Final Fantasy: Dissidia. Square wouldn't waste a slot for a character already in an action fighting game.
You're basically saying that none of the main characters from any of the main Final Fantasy games shouldn't be included, right? By going by that statement, you are effectively cutting off one of the hugest franchises in gaming history from ever appearing in Smash, a series that practically relishes on gaming history (mostly Nintendo, but whatever).

Also, what is wrong with a videogame character that has appeared in a fighting game or is from a fighting game series being included in Smash? I understand that it would be awkward controlling the characters a different way as opposed to the traditional way (IE Ryu), but a Hadoken is still a Hadoken no matter the input. Besides, we would be pretty much saying no to Little Mac by this logic. To me, the prejudice I see towards fighting game characters around here every now and then is stupid.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
You're basically saying that none of the main characters from any of the main Final Fantasy games shouldn't be included, right? .
Uhhh no. I'm saying that they may not, not that they shouldn't. Yes, FF is a huge franchise. So is Street Fighter, Bomberman, and Rayman. But not everyone has a shot at this game. Sonic should have really been the only 3rd-party character in Brawl; Snake was let in by friendly request, not by favor of his fans. We can't put too much popular 3rd-party into this game, because it won't even be Smash anymore. It will be taken over by them.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Uhhh no. I'm saying that they may not, not that they shouldn't. Yes, FF is a huge franchise. So is Street Fighter, Bomberman, and Rayman. But not everyone has a shot at this game. Sonic should have really been the only 3rd-party character in Brawl; Snake was let in by friendly request, not by favor of his fans. We can't put too much popular 3rd-party into this game, because it won't even be Smash anymore. It will be taken over by them.
So what exactly did you mean?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
The choices for the Female Pokemon trainer are kind of random. I doubt they would go about just putting Pokemon in just because of their playstyle. I see it more like an evolution pattern, like with PT.

Jigglypuff is much too popular to just be thrown in another character just like that. This is just my opinion, though.
I wouldn't really call it random.

We have a gen 1,2,3 pokemon on the list.
Jiggs and pichu were playable before. The only random one is Gardivour. but considering we have never had a playable 3rd gen rep (and may never get one at this rate), she was chosen. Why was she chosen, she is popular.

From what I have been reading, even though Jiggs is popular, she is not popular enough to really be her own character anymore. If she was not in the original 12, she may have never even made it this far.

A column of 5 out of say 50 is not really taking over.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I can understand Pichu, but Jiggz is iffy. Jigglypuff is extremely popular, even more popular in Japan. The game's roster so far seems to be based off of the native's tastes. You can't really say "not popular anymore". Jiggz has been repping in Smash since 1999, and has been repping the Pokemon cartoon series years before that.

But I would actually like Gardevoir. I sense a Zelda-like playstyle from it.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I can understand Pichu, but Jiggz is iffy. Jigglypuff is extremely popular, even more popular in Japan. The game's roster so far seems to be based off of the native's tastes. You can't really say "not popular anymore". Jiggz has been repping in Smash since 1999, and has been repping the Pokemon cartoon series years before that.

But I would actually like Gardevoir. I sense a Zelda-like playstyle from it.
She has not been in the cartoon for years. She is only repping in smash because she was part of the original 12. I will agree that Japan has the largest say in smash, but from what I have been seeing, her popularity is definitely not the same as it used to be.

I agree with the zelda-like Gardevior moveset. That is king of what I had in mind.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
All I'd like for SSB4 are:

Megaman
Mewtwo
Roy
Knuckles
A FF character would be nice! But I've always thought that's asking too much.
An FF character and Knuckles are unlikely IMO. After the rumor I heard about Geno and Square, I think Nintendo may steer clear of them.

Megaman may have a chance. The creator expressed sadness that he was not in brawl. (I see a Kojima thing happening again maybe.)

Mewtwo and Roy have a decent shot though.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
All I'd like for SSB4 are:

Megaman
Mewtwo
Roy
Knuckles
A FF character would be nice! But I've always thought that's asking too much.
Megaman and Mewtwo are a must! I would like to see Roy back but I won't be too upset if he does not return. Knuckles is kind of overkill, we only need one rep for a 3rd party series, and I think FF is asking too much.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
An FF character and Knuckles are unlikely IMO. After the rumor I heard about Geno and Square, I think Nintendo may steer clear of them.

Megaman may have a chance. The creator expressed sadness that he was not in brawl. (I see a Kojima thing happening again maybe.)

Mewtwo and Roy have a decent shot though.
Sonic is in, why not Knuckles? hahah, Sonic is likely to stay in SSB, it wouldn't hurt adding another char from his series, thought seeing they're not Nintendo, I think I get why you think it's more unlikely, but, eh, who knows :p

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sonic is in, why not Knuckles? hahah, Sonic is likely to stay in SSB, it wouldn't hurt adding another char from his series, thought seeing they're not Nintendo, I think I get why you think it's more unlikely, but, eh, who knows :p
I just think that if we go down that path than every third party needs another rep for the sake of equality. That would be 8 3PCs assuming we had 4 series by the time Smash 4 is released, THAT might be overdoing it. Again who knows, Sonic is bigger (individual game wise) than Snake or other potential inclusions so maybe Knuckles could get in. But would it be Knuckles and not Tails or Shadow? Shadow is an Assist Trophy after all...

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Shadow might be Sonic's clone, and in your opinion? Do you really think Tails have more fans than Knuckles? Tails is just known because he's "forced" to be with Sonic in everygame, Knuckles is the only character I see which could be a great add, even better than Sonic, fighting oriented, but that's just me.

About Knuckles vs Tails, I do think Knuckles is more famous ;D

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Shadow might be Sonic's clone, and in your opinion? Do you really think Tails have more fans than Knuckles? Tails is just known because he's "forced" to be with Sonic in everygame, Knuckles is the only character I see which could be a great add, even better than Sonic, fighting oriented, but that's just me.

About Knuckles vs Tails, I do think Knuckles is more famous ;D
Trust me, I would much prefer Knuckles over any other Sonic character. Just please DO NOT give him that awful Sonic X voice! >_<

Also, if Sonic gets another character so should Megaman! I'll go with Zero, Inafune loves him, he has a pretty big history outside of Megaman himself. Has good moveset potential, would give a good representation of one of the other Megaman series outside of the Classic. As a little side note, I would much prefer X-style Zero.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Trust me, I would much prefer Knuckles over any other Sonic character. Just please DO NOT give him that awful Sonic X voice! >_<

Also, if Sonic gets another character so should Megaman! I'll go with Zero, Inafune loves him, he has a pretty big history outside of Megaman himself. Has good moveset potential, would give a good representation of one of the other Megaman series outside of the Classic. As a little side note, I would much prefer X-style Zero.
Imo, Zero have more chances than Megaman, due to Megaman Zero became really famous, but who knows hahah, as for knuckles' voice,I'd like Dreamcast's Sonic 1 Knuckles' voice, or one similar to it

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
*shoots self after seeing more Sonic*

Sonic is too "loud" in Smash alone. I wouldn't want more annoying humanoid animals in it, to be honest. No offense to diehard fans. lol

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
*shoots self after seeing more Sonic*

Sonic is too "loud" in Smash alone. I wouldn't want more annoying humanoid animals in it, to be honest. No offense to diehard fans. lol
I honestly think that it will be

1 playable rep from a series
1 costume for said rep
1 AT
1 stage

and any number of trophies and stickers.

So, if we go by this.

Character: Sonic
Costume: Shadow
AT: Tails
Stage: Green Hill Zone

Character: Snake
Costume: Old Snake
AT: Grey fox
Stage: Shadow Moses island

Character: Megaman
Costume: Megaman Volnutt (Megaman Legends dude)
AT: Bass and Treble
Stage: Dr. Wily's Castel

---Ones I want but have no chance---
Character: Goemon
Costume: School Boy costume from Goemon's Great Adventure
AT: Wise man
Stage: Great Stage (Oh My stage area)

Character: Chocobo and Moogle
Costume: Chocobo with a Moogle hat on
AT: Moggle X
Stage: Chocobo Garden (With Mumba's running around)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Character: Sonic
Costume: Shadow
AT: Tails
Stage: Green Hill Zone

Agreed

Character: Snake