• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
There should really be more Metroid characters. Seriously, wtf Sakurai?

RKjoker said:
^You are sad. Honestly. They have such a different moveset, and I am sick and tired of ill-informed ignorant people running around saying otherwise. Another thing do you have proof that Lucario replaced Mewtwo? Just because they're both bipedal Pokemon says NOTHING AT ALL.
Haha I just saw this now so I'll respond to it now.

Do you even know anything about Lucario?

Lets see...

-He's a Steel / Fighting Pokemon. Why's he so floaty?
-Aura Sphere was a fighting move.
-He never had anything to do with other aura attacks
-ExtremeSpeed actually did something
-His down B is more akin to Me First rather than Double Team

You can easily EASILY say Lucario is a Mewtwo replacement. EASILY! Lucario should be a fist fighter not a Samus type fighter, jesus. They could both co-exist and would different.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of 3rd parties, I think that putting in snake and sonic was pushing it. It was supposed to be a nintendo fighter, not a third party. I think if a third party shows up they better be extremely important. Sonic has been rivaling mario for years. Snake started out on Nintendo consoles and the maker of it had to beg for Snake to get in, he didn't get in, Then the maker had to beg again. Megaman has been on nintendo consoles a lot and has a lot of history. Heck, even bomberman has a lot of history with nintendo, Masterchief heck no.

On the topic of Lucario, he is at most a very luigified clone like wolf. He might have taken mewtwo's spot but i think they could have been in together. If anyone took mewtwo's spot i think it was wolf. I think sakurai was going to put in snake so he decided to go with another big shot 3rd party. Wolf was the last nintendo character added.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
On the topic of 3rd parties, I think that putting in snake and sonic was pushing it. It was supposed to be a nintendo fighter, not a third party. I think if a third party shows up they better be extremely important. Sonic has been rivaling mario for years. Snake started out on Nintendo consoles and the maker of it had to beg for Snake to get in, he didn't get in, Then the maker had to beg again. Megaman has been on nintendo consoles a lot and has a lot of history. Heck, even bomberman has a lot of history with nintendo, Masterchief heck no.

On the topic of Lucario, he is at most a very luigified clone like wolf. He might have taken mewtwo's spot but i think they could have been in together. If anyone took mewtwo's spot i think it was wolf. I think sakurai was going to put in snake so he decided to go with another big shot 3rd party. Wolf was the last nintendo character added.
As for third parties, a good way to offset that would be to bring in fresh ones every game. I'd like Megaman and Simon Belmont personally.

And even if Lucario is a "clone", why can't Mewtwo be in with him?

justaway12

Smash Master
:goomba: I think there should be a MINIMUM of 3 third partys: :goomba:

:goomba: Sonic. (Marios rival...I guess that counts...it should and he is popular not to mention he's AWESOME):goomba:

:goomba: Snake. (He is popular but i'm not sure) :goomba:

:goomba: Megaman. (because he's megaman....MEGAMAN) :goomba:

:goomba: Since it is a Nintendo game and I don't think they should add any more (Third partys). :goomba:

@Lucario: I woundn't be surprised if he is replaced by a new gen Pokemon.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
giant post that I can't read
When you make your posts 'unique' (I use that term loosely), more often than not, people make it hard and nearly impossible to read. Dammit, type normally.

And after throwing what you said into word and changing it to times without the bold and the coloring...

Well, it's ridiculous that you say that. "Since it is a Nintendo game and I don't think they should add any more." I'm not saying that it's likely that we'll get more than three... I'm just saying that that makes no sense. Obviously, we won't have NEAR as many third parties as we will first parties.... but, you shouldn't say that three is the magical cut-off line.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't even like any kind of cut off lines. They should just add as many characters from anything that they think are good.

If they think 20 Mario characters are good. Let it be.

If they think 6 3rd parties are nice. Awesome.

I don't think a character being added takes the slot of a more deserving character, because truthfully the deserving characters were added to the first game. All the rest are just bonuses.

justaway12

Smash Master
When you make your posts 'unique' (I use that term loosely), more often than not, people make it hard and nearly impossible to read. Dammit, type normally.

And after throwing what you said into word and changing it to times without the bold and the coloring...

Well, it's ridiculous that you say that. "Since it is a Nintendo game and I don't think they should add any more." I'm not saying that it's likely that we'll get more than three... I'm just saying that that makes no sense. Obviously, we won't have NEAR as many third parties as we will first parties.... but, you shouldn't say that three is the magical cut-off line.
Well excuse me for trying to make my font pretty beside how is it hard to read? My font is bigger than normal, I left big space at the end of my sentence and orange is a bright colour so it stand out, if you like I could just leave it like this.

:goomba: I'm just saying they should only add one more third party as long as they don't go overboard and have more than more 3rd party than the more important seris to Nintendo besie if they add more than 1 they would also get more reps than the more derserving seris(Metriod, Star Fox, F-Zero etc.). :goomba:

justaway12

Smash Master
Uh he was saying that for your own good. No one will read your stuff if you put it like that.
:goomba: WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT! :mad::mad::mad: as I have said before I make the size bigger than normal, the colour is clearer to read than white and the is font is bolder than just arail. :goomba:

:goomba: If the colour hurts your eyes I don't see why since it's doesn't stand out THAT much.... it's quite readable. :goomba:

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
It's mainly because the typography is different.

When people read on forums and 99% of people post the same your eyes get used to reading at a certain speed with that typography and then some random large off colour letters pop up and you can't follow it in the same way. I admittedly often skip your posts because I can't follow the same.

justaway12

Smash Master
No one will take you seriously if you post like that.
:goomba:I'm sorry if someone is narrow-minded enough to not take a different font seriously i'm quite sure I wouldn't want to talk to him. :goomba:

@Guglio: You'll get used it ;) (and if you don't...good luck) although I do plan on changing it tomorrow] for red nose day. Anyway I think small text is too boring to read (and walls of text are to hard and boring to read) and I quickly lose intrest... I like this better... at the end of the day it's my own coice and I don't want to change :p.

:goomba: Now how about we get back on topic. :goomba:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I mostly have a problem with the fact it's centered and the over-use of smilies.

Centered text is harder to read

Anyway this is off topic...

How 'bout that Geno

UncleSam

Smash Master
Although, personally, I would not want Master Chief. The fanboy uproar would be miserable. Plus, I don't care about Halo at all, so for me, it would be a waste of a spot that could have gone to someone else improbable, but much more interesting to me, like Lloyd.
fanboy uproar at my school over snake, even ppl who don't play the game say they can beat me with snake.
and Lloyd? oh yea he'd be awesome, I wonder why they didn't add ToS chars. in the first place

|RK|

Smash Marketer

Lets see...

You can easily EASILY say Lucario is a Mewtwo replacement. EASILY! Lucario should be a fist fighter not a Samus type fighter, jesus. They could both co-exist and would different.
-Maybe cause he's only a light 3'11? Besides, Samus is floaty too (well, floatier than she should be).
-It still is? It's Fighting-Special genius. He still blasts it. And it's the only one that grows with Aura. Mebbe cause it's the same type as him?
-Lucario can learn Reversal. They gave it to him as a special ability. And Lucarios always have mastery of Aura.
-So what? I don't remember Mewtwo Wallclinging/Walljumping or crawling. Influenced by the movie maybe?
-Have you EVER watched the anime? Double Team DOES cause them to split and they normally surprise attack after.

So. No you can't. You can try. But maybe because Lucario had similiar abilities in the anime, they game him those abilities in Brawl. I don't remember Mewtwo being able to be hit during recovery. Try again buddy. So, I ask you: "Do you even know anything about Lucario?"

EDIT: And if you're talking about Pokemon in itself... Lucario isn't legendary...

trev94

Smash Journeyman
^I think you should stop posting, because you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Characters from the same series don't have to be the ones to replace each other. For all you know, Wolf replaced him. In fact, Mewtwo wasn't replaced at all. There was simply not enough space and they chose not to add him. Here, let's play a game. Name everything similiar about Lucario to Mewtwo. Gameplay-wise.

EDIT: Name another bipedal Pokemon with a human-like shape.
ok
1. Dont tell me to stop posting ur not my mom.

2. Chances r that mewtwo replaced Him. Why would Wolf replace him hes from star fox. Tell me this "Who is mewtwo most like in brawl"?

trev94

Smash Journeyman
There should really be more Metroid characters. Seriously, wtf Sakurai?

Lets see...

Thank you this guy poofs my piont (sorry for the 2 post in a row guys)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I repeat again, Mewtwo was intended to be in Brawl and replaced by Sonic.

Blaziken, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchamp
I can keep going...
Additionally, from 1st gen:
Mr. Mime, Jynx, Machamp, Machoke, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Golduck, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Cubone, Golem, Marowak, Drowzee, Hypno, Electabuzz, Magmar, Dragonite.

Those are the ones I remember from 1st gen. I haven't played any other more recent one.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman

Mr. Mime, Jynx, Machamp, Machoke, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Golduck, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Cubone, Golem, Marowak, Drowzee, Hypno, Electabuzz, Magmar, Dragonite.

Those are the ones I remember from 1st gen. I haven't played any other more recent one.
Sonic was in the game the whole time. He is only last because he is a third party. Wolf was the last on put in.

Also i like the giant bright orange font, It stands out more and is big so it is easier to read. I would do the whole font change but i'm very lazy.

edit: Wait a minute!!! Why are we talking about Brawl!! This is SSB4 discussion.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Sonic was in the game the whole time. He is only last because he is a third party. Wolf was the last on put in.
Sonic was the last character to be added, as the poll deciding to want Sonic happened when the roster already has been decided on and everything in development.

Just because Wolf is the last character to be unlocked it doesn't mean he is the last character. They could've easily swapped out the conditions for that. Maybe Sakurai WANTED Wolf to be the last character? Why does noone ever think of that?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Thank you this guy poofs my piont (sorry for the 2 post in a row guys)
REALLY?! *gasp* I could have SWORN I proved HIM wrong on the same FREAKING PAGE! You disappoint me, really. "What do you think about Primid being playable for the next game?" .... Something is wrong with you. And it's a shame you can't prove your point on your own. You have to rely on other people's arguments, which I easily prove wrong. You disappoint me, really.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Yeah, Mewtwo was the one (along with Roy) who got the furthest of all the Forbidden 7. You can tell because he has a unique victory theme programmed, and Roy was the ony other one like that.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
No. Means bring back melee's engine. Captain Falcon hardly changed, but the game did. It's like taking a pig and telling it to fight a dragon on a mountain.

UncleSam

Smash Master
It's like taking a pig and telling it to fight a dragon on a mountain.

*brain spark*
must do that someday...

do you think ppl will be able to quickly adjust back to the melee engine? to nintendo it would be like taking a step back, but to us it might be a different story and all the characters would practically change completely even if Fox and Falcon hardly changed the engine is what molded them...
Ike would be top tier no!

trev94

Smash Journeyman
REALLY?! *gasp* I could have SWORN I proved HIM wrong on the same FREAKING PAGE! You disappoint me, really. "What do you think about Primid being playable for the next game?" .... Something is wrong with you. And it's a shame you can't prove your point on your own. You have to rely on other people's arguments, which I easily prove wrong. You disappoint me, really.
u didnt prove him wrong at all, and whats wrong with you were talking about a game ur getting crazy other this.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
:goomba: WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT! :mad::mad::mad: as I have said before I make the size bigger than normal, the colour is clearer to read than white and the is font is bolder than just arail. :goomba:

:goomba: If the colour hurts your eyes I don't see why since it's doesn't stand out THAT much.... it's quite readable. :goomba:

I type with comic sans (except sometimes when I'm on my lappy), colour my paragraphs and I think it's much easier to read. Go somewhere else if you can't put up with it I say. Also hooray for goombas!

I wish sakurai would get someone to just skim parts of this thread... Then smash four might be the worlds best game...

And I will post my character specific hopes soon... When I finish ness and lucas...

Also, I want Krysta!!

~Twilighted

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Strange, a few more month's and this thread would be a year old, it's weird how time fly. Is there anything we haven't discussed or missed discussing in a while?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Strange, a few more month's and this thread would be a year old, it's weird how time fly. Is there anything we haven't discussed or missed discussing in a while?
~Yes.
The thing is, I don't know what.

~Starfox also should get a new stage IMO. Along with Krystal of course...

~Megaman FTW. Can anyone think of an item from his universe...?

~And lastly, give Link's Up special more distance.

~Twilighted.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
~Yes.
The thing is, I don't know what.

~Starfox also should get a new stage IMO. Along with Krystal of course...

~Megaman FTW. Can anyone think of an item from his universe...?

~And lastly, give Link's Up special more distance.

~Twilighted.
krystal is not needed

DekuBoy

Smash Lord

If that is true then Pokemon would have been horribly over-repped. I think that he was only planned while Dr Mario and Toon Zelda were being planned because Pokemon could'nt have more roster space than Mario.

B!squick

Smash Master
I'm probably better off waiting for hell to freeze over, but I'd love for Microsoft to let Rare throw Nintendo a bone and make us all happy. Conker's Bad Fur Day was an epic game and being able to play as Conker would epic as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom