• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roihu

Smash Ace
I'm gonna take a guess that SSB4 will get Galaxy content, as soon as Brawl got Sunshine content.
Also, how many characters from Brawl were made after 2003?
I can think of Lucario, Ike, and Lucas.
I think Olimar and Toon Link were made before, if not in, 2003.
Lucas was already known to all Mother fans because of the N64 version that never came out.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Lucas was already known to all Mother fans because of the N64 version that never came out.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct. Supposedly, Lucas was to be in as early as SSB64, supposedly. Supposedly

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
Please let me change the default settings so that you can have it on stock instead of changing it from time every single time I turn the game on.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Actually, I thought only Flint was known because of that.
The game got canned but eventually revived as Mother 3 in Japan, which is surprising because it was going to be Earthbound 64 over here.

Lucas and Claus were in it, but the Focus was Flint.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Actually Melee not the N64.
I know he was supposed to be in Melee. That's fact. But supposedly he was to be in SSB64. That's not fact.

In other words, some people believe Lucas would have been in as early as SSB64, since Mother 3 was in development before SSB64 was conceived. We know for fact he would have been in Melee.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Alternate costumes to represent other characters would be awesome in SSB4. Change the voice, lines, taunts, and the name of the character. That would be a good way to represent characters who happen to be too similar to another character in their games or just have little/no luck getting in otherwise. I mentioned most of them before, but I gave details to some of them as well.

Peach=Daisy (only this time, the helium voice would be added to the Daisy outfit and there would be at least four Daisy suits instead of one)
Fox=Wolf (They need to demote Wolf into an alternate costume. Wolf would be much better suited as an alternate costume for Fox instead of a character of his own.)
Olimar=President or Louie if they don't mind changing hitboxes.
Toon Link=Vaati
Donkey=Kiddy
Kirby=Waddle Dee
Sonic=Shadow
Falco=Leon (Leon has zero chances of getting to be a character of his own over Krystal)
Wario=Shake King
Mario=Stanley
Issac=Felix
Ridley=Charizard (But only if PT and his Pokemon get replaced by a more up to date trainer)
Bowser=Blastoise
Pichu=Plusle and Minun
Pikachu=Raichu

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think that needs to implemented big time. However, for efficiency's sake, I think only a few should be available such as Daisy for Peach, Dr. Mario for Mario, Funky Kong for DK, and the Pokemon Trainers for Pokemon Trainer should be available when you get the game. I think all the others should be released as DLC. This way, the developers can work more on the game mechanics (and less Adventure mode as well).

More examples of costumes:

Lucas: Claus, Kumatora
Ness: Paula, Poo
Peach: Rosalina
Luigi: Mr. L
Bowser: Dry Bones Bowser
Diddy: Dixie(as a last resort)
Marth: Roy

However, I do think that instead of being color changes, they should be complete model swaps. Otherwise, it's not the same.

Supersmasher10310

Smash Cadet
I think that needs to implemented big time. However, for efficiency's sake, I think only a few should be available such as Daisy for Peach, Dr. Mario for Mario, Funky Kong for DK, and the Pokemon Trainers for Pokemon Trainer should be available when you get the game. I think all the others should be released as DLC. This way, the developers can work more on the game mechanics (and less Adventure mode as well).

However, I do think that instead of being color changes, they should be complete model swaps. Otherwise, it's not the same.
Or they could just put some effort in and try and De-clone those characters. But who am I kidding thats just wishful thinking.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Fox=Wolf (They need to demote Wolf into an alternate costume. Wolf would be much better suited as an alternate costume for Fox instead of a character of his own.)
I hope they don't do this. Wolf's moveset is mostly original, and a lot of fun. Sure, his specials are clone-ish, but even then, they made a good effort to make them different while the same. The only thing I think he needs is a crawl. How awesome would that look, Wolf approaching on all fours like a real wolf?

Please let me change the default settings so that you can have it on stock instead of changing it from time every single time I turn the game on.
^^^ This. Pragmatism and convenience for the win.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
They should make Samus, Ganondorf, Link, and Jigglypuff broken like Meta Knight and Snake.

Pay them their dues, please.

Roihu

Smash Ace
They should make Samus, Ganondorf, Link, and Jigglypuff broken like Meta Knight and Snake.

Pay them their dues, please.
How about just making MK and Snake not broken?
That way we don't have people *****ing about imbalance.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Why are Pichu players gay???

Why would K. Rool be slow because he is big?
Charizard is big, but he is fast for his running speed, than a lot of the other heavy characters. He is a lowish tier character though, which shows that fast characters aren't the best (Sonic and Falcon in bottom tier).
as K. Rool's biggest fan said. Sonic and Falcon are Bottom tier because they where designed to sucks to punish them for being fast I guess. In Melee Falcon had a shot against everyone because not just his speed but his Mobility was so much greater. Charizard Sucks IMO because his mobility is limited. That isn't my main point. The reason why the Bigger characters(except DDD) Suck ballz is because they have nothing for Projectiles. Spammers can WTFpwn them all day. No wavedash to speed them up or L-Cancel to make them continually attack faster means they fail and can only do 1 thing about it......Nothing and like it!!!

"It's not the character's fault they're bad if they are, see Mewtwo, it's that Sakurai is terrible at balancing"

Your Very right about that MasterWarlord! He has Failed EPICALLY. They should fire their entire tech team and hire the 3 of us. Between us we could make a balanced game. People thought Melee was unbalanced but Brawl became much MUCH WORSE! Why did they ad a trip and fail? Yeah I meant to say FAIL! Sakurai should be made to walk the plank as far as I'm concerned. He is the main reason why I wouldn't want them adding K. Rool. I wouldn't trust him to give him a shot against the better characters.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

The danger of model swaps is animations. Animations must remain identical so that frame data does not change.

Granted, you could change the model while maintaining the same basic skeleton and animation. This would limit you to only very similar costume changes- Diddy as a Dixie replacement would move exactly like Diddy. Costumes like Daisy/Rosaline for Peach or Doctor Mario for Mario would be perfectly fine- but you couldn't have costumes of a different stature than the original.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
How about just making MK and Snake not broken?
That way we don't have people *****ing about imbalance.
Snake isn't Broken. He is just annoying sliding back and forward Bombing. Just an annoying character because if used Tactically is very difficult to out think and out smart him.

Meta Knight is 1 of the only characters that has an Auto L-cancel like style built in but that doesn't make him broken. He has a tornado that stops most moves in their tracks and an uSpecial that beats all but 2 moves and can be used for Camping and spamming and as annoying as it is I don't care because I can still beat him so that doesn't make him broken. When I saw that he could Vanish and stay Vanished as long as he wants and then suddenly appear and attack then Move away that was the last straw. He's officially a Broken ***. I hate him and the person who designed him without testing all of his glitches.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
i dont mean to sound dumb but has a date been set ?
The day before Duke Nukem Forever is released.
No, and if they actually make a new game, it probably won't be announced until the next console is announced, as I'm not sure if they'd put two games on the same console.
It'll probably be a couple of years before Sakurai announces if he is to make a new game or not.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Granted, you could change the model while maintaining the same basic skeleton and animation. This would limit you to only very similar costume changes- Diddy as a Dixie replacement would move exactly like Diddy. Costumes like Daisy/Rosaline for Peach or Doctor Mario for Mario would be perfectly fine- but you couldn't have costumes of a different stature than the original.
I think sacrificing character height is worth it. Kumatora may look weird when standing next to Lucas since she's normally taller, but I'd be satisfied.

LSDX

Wah!
If another character is sacrificed, it'll only cause more dismay for the fans of said character. Think of how upset Mewtwo, Roy, Doc, etc. fans were when they were cut. In my opinion, no actual characters should of gotten cut; it would be wiser just to include everyone from previous titles.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
"MK is like Jesus, he is here to bring love, peace"

Yeah! lol but you see how most Christians have managed to destroy Jesus message. Same goes for the Meta knight player.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
"It's not the character's fault they're bad if they are, see Mewtwo, it's that Sakurai is terrible at balancing"

Your Very right about that MasterWarlord! He has Failed EPICALLY. They should fire their entire tech team and hire the 3 of us. Between us we could make a balanced game. People thought Melee was unbalanced but Brawl became much MUCH WORSE! Why did they ad a trip and fail? Yeah I meant to say FAIL! Sakurai should be made to walk the plank as far as I'm concerned. He is the main reason why I wouldn't want them adding K. Rool. I wouldn't trust him to give him a shot against the better characters.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how much technical work Sakurai actually does on the games he works on.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
ummm... people... lets try to stay positive and joyful about that game we all love to play so much... i mean... u can complain if u insist on continuing to play the game... its ur choice if you wanna play it or not... so either play it and like it... or dont play it at all..

enough said...

LSDX

Wah!
ummm... people... lets try to stay positive and joyful about that game we all love to play so much... i mean... u can complain if u insist on continuing to play the game... its ur choice if you wanna play it or not... so either play it and like it... or dont play it at all..

enough said...
Opinions opinions

trev94

Smash Journeyman
McSnapple you look like the right guy to ask.......... who is this geno guy? what game is he from? when was the last time he was in a game? what makes him to great? and why do you think he should be in smash?:confused:

(try and answer my qustions the best you can thanks)

im just asking i never knew who he was.:confused:

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Geno was the Black Mage class of Super Mario RPG for SNES. The game was made by Square. He lives on Star Road. He was ONLY in SMRPG. The only reason I can see people loving him so much was because he was sort of important to the plot, and he could OHKO Exor (the sword).

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Geno was the Black Mage class of Super Mario RPG for SNES. The game was made by Square. He lives on Star Road. He was ONLY in SMRPG. The only reason I can see people loving him so much was because he was sort of important to the plot, and he could OHKO Exor (the sword).
i never played the game so i didnt understand a lot of it lol but, thanks

ps: wat does the RPG stand for

n88

Smash Lord
I never really saw why everyone loved Geno so much. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Smash game, but I'm not sure he deserves it. Then again, I've never played Super Mario RPG. Curse my indecision.

Aside from Geno, who would make a good WTF character for SSB4? I haven't really been able to come up with any.

Giga Pichu

Smash Apprentice
Ill answer that for you trev.
Geno is a possesed doll from the game, "Super Mario RPG, Legend of the Seven Stars" Which is considered to be one of the greatest Mario games of all time. Geno is Mario's 2nd partner, when he plays with a Toad Kid (forgot name) He gets knocked out by the doll's (Geno) finger shot ability. when Mario wakes up, he sees that the doll is much bigger, and has walked into a forest. (Spawning the infamous "Geno's Woods" Bit) Whan Mario finds the doll, it is attacking Bowyer, a living Bow-and-Arrow, and he fails. He is trying to get the Star Bowyer stole so he can repair the Star Road. Mario and Mallow (little Nimbis Kid) help Geno defeat Bowyer, and Geno asks for their aid in recovering the Stars. Thus Geno is Born. Once they defeat Smithy (final boss) Geno takes the Stars and reterns home as a Star Spirit. The End.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Diskun would be.

I actually made a joke about it.

Once I beat Brawl 100%, somebody asked me jokingly "Did you unlock Geno?!"

I said "No..."
"But I unlocked Diskun."

It looks like Diskun really is the wtf char of choice. Next to Sukapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom