• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
What I don't get with some people and their lists is how they go completely backwards with Pokemon half the time, and bring back Mewtwo. Mewtwo was unpopular back in Melee, but for some reason, people keep clamering for him. If you make a list though, and he's the only new Pokemon reprentative, then that's just dumb. Mewtwo is unlikely to get back in, very unlikely, and making him the the new representative basically turns SSB's back on all of the games the Pokemon series has had since its original one. If another Pokemon comes in as a PC from the first generation, its going to have to be as unique as PT, otherwise, you should know better that it won't happen.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
When the Black Knight revives, I'll notify you.
So what? Just because a character dies, doesn't mean he/she can't be in. But yeah, if i wanted another Fire Emblem character, i'd rather have Micaiah or Hector.
But if neither of them can get in, i want BK in ;)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
So what? Just because a character dies, doesn't mean he/she can't be in. But yeah, if i wanted another Fire Emblem character, i'd rather have Micaiah or Hector.
But if neither of them can get in, i want BK in ;)
Bowser King?? Anway BK would be my 2nd choice after macaiah/next gen FE character.

GoobwahRagnarok

Smash Rookie
No, seriously. Lego star wars in smash bros would be AMAZING. Think about it. You could somehow "switch" characters (like in free play mode). There would be blaster characters with a grapple recovery, lightsaber characters who use the force, bounty hunters with grenades, and dark side characters with... FORCE LIGHTNING!

It would be awesome. Think about it.
There are so many opportunities.

Agi

Smash Lord
No, seriously. Lego star wars in smash bros would be AMAZING. Think about it. You could somehow "switch" characters (like in free play mode). There would be blaster characters with a grapple recovery, lightsaber characters who use the force, bounty hunters with grenades, and dark side characters with... FORCE LIGHTNING!

Smash bros is for Original v-game characters, not plastic actors.

darkserenade

Smash Ace

What agidius said. They would fall apart from a fsmash. And TWILTHERO, If characters who died can be in, Then why don't we have the original Ronald McDonald in it? He would be top tier for sure.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
What are your opinions on 3rd parties? Do we need more? Should some get taken out, if yes, which ones? Which new ones would you like to see?

I myself would like to see snake go, if mewtwo is a one time thing, so is snake. For new ones, bomberman or Megaman.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
What agidius said. They would fall apart from a fsmash. And TWILTHERO, If characters who died can be in, Then why don't we have the original Ronald McDonald in it? He would be top tier for sure.
You know what i mean >.>

:laugh:

Click on the bouncing smiley face
Lol, i saw that. it was so fake.

What are your opinions on 3rd parties? Do we need more? Should some get taken out, if yes, which ones? Which new ones would you like to see?

I myself would like to see snake go, if mewtwo is a one time thing, so is snake. For new ones, bomberman or Megaman.
The only 3rd party i care about is Megaman. After that, maybe a FF character (that isn't Cloud or Seph >.>) and a Namco representative (*cough* Soul Calibur *cough*)

darkserenade

Smash Ace

Third Parties is a touchy subject, but nonetheless, I'll give my two cents.
Snake has a 90% chance of staying. Sonic has a 75% chance of staying. Sakurai himself said that Sonic was the only character that was not planned from the beginning. As for new ones, Megaman and Geno have the best chances IMO. Geno was in Super Mario RPG and was wanted a lot in brawl. Megaman is by far the most wanted, and the creator said that he wouldn't be bothered if Megaman was in (or something like that). Just to clear things up,....
MASTER CHIEF WON'T BE IN SMASH BROS!!!!

To TWILTHERO, of course I know what you mean, but, as Ronald's downB would say...
Why So Serious?

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Snake has a 90% chance of staying. Sonic has a 75% chance of staying. Sakurai himself said that Sonic was the only character that was not planned from the beginning. As for new ones, Megaman and Geno have the best chances IMO. Geno was in Super Mario RPG and was wanted a lot in brawl. Megaman is by far the most wanted, and the creator said that he wouldn't be bothered if Megaman was in (or something like that). Just to clear things up,....

To TWILTHERO, of course I know what you mean, but, as Ronald's downB would say...
Why So Serious?
Lol, well yea sorry alright?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Why So Serious?
Snake was only added because of the creator of snakes begging. Plus Sakurai and him are close friends. I don't think Nintendo would let him have a second chance. Brawl was basically a label for him to get popular among Nintendo fans and then have people buy his game for the PS3.

Sonic on the other hand has a lot more games for the wii then the 360 or PS3(plus a lot more are coming). Nintendo and Sega seem to be getting closer relations with each other with games like MSOG (Mario and sonic at the.....) and brawl.

Geno is a good choice (don't kill me) but he has had only 1 appearance and has never been seen since (though GENO>ROB).

Megaman's creator himself said that he wouldn't mind having him in brawl but Nintendo has not asked him (sad that Nintendo missed the opportunity).

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
:laugh:

Click on the bouncing smiley face
I don't usually do this, but...

LAWLZ

Nayib x3 said:
You know, I may get flamed for this, but wasn't the point of Super Smash Bros to make Nintendo chars fight each other? Why have the 3rd party characters? Not that I didn't like Sonic and Snake, but why don't we hear from someone who wants Nintendo-only? There has to be someone who believes that.
It was originally, but obviously that ideas been expanded to include other big-name videogames. Personally I couldn't be happier about this shift.

Imagine, ten years from now, Super Smash Bros. 5 comes out, with characters from all realms of the videogame world. Pretty much any character you can imagine...

I get chills thinking about that.

Zolga Owns said:
pokemon trainer with Jirachi, Celeibi, Mew(itt'll never happen but i can hope)
Just like I can hope for a Pokemon Trainer with Croagunk, Croagunk, and Croagunk. :bee:

bowser king said:

I myself would like to see snake go, if mewtwo is a one time thing, so is snake.
I argue that Mewtwo got replaced, not cut. If you think about it, how many other characters could accurately/sort-of mimic Snake's moveset?

Anyway, I think if more third-parties are added,it won't exceed five. Ideally, I'd go with...Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Simon, and...someone else. I'd personally like to see KOS-MOS, Viewtiful Joe, Phoenix Wright, Ryu, the other Ryu, or the Gunstar Heroes.

But that's just me.

Snake was only added because of the creator of snakes begging. Plus Sakurai and him are close friends. I don't think Nintendo would let him have a second chance. Brawl was basically a label for him to get popular among Nintendo fans and then have people buy his game for the PS3.
So Snake was just a big marketing ploy, then? C'mon, gimme a break.

Snake's awesome, and there's no way such a unique (and awesome) character is getting cut. There's really no reason to.

GENO>ROB)
Not really. R.O.B. is greater than Geno in this case, because unlike R.O.B., Geno isn't a piece of Nintendo's early history. I think it's a generally accepted fact that Sakurai will put in a really, really old-school character in each game, regardless of popularity.

Nothing against Geno (well, I don't like the guy, but still), but R.O.B. wasn't an incredibly out-there choice in retrospect, so the fact that he's in doesn't really help Geno.

////////////////////////////////////

And here's my idea for a Sheeda moveset, to those who asked:

B - Mount: Sheeda mounts her pegasus. By doing so, her moveset changes, though her specials remain as-is (with the exception of Down+B, which does nothing when riding). Generally, her moves have wider range, as she fights with a spear while in this mode, though they are considerably slower, and she becomes a much bigger target. She can glide, and has a third standard jump in this form, though the vertical gain is lower (think Charizard-level). The pegasus floats slightly off the ground when neutral.

To dismount, simply press B again (this can be done in the air as well). When not being ridden, the pegasus floows Sheeda around inthe background, like Pokemon Trainer.

Side+B - Pegasus Thrust: This is Sheeda's signature attack. She mounts her pegasus, then dashes forward and thrusts ahead of her with her spear. The hitbox for the spear is quite thin, but long, and it deals a good amount of damage and knockback. Also, when she thrusts, the wings create a gust of wind that blow back enemies in front of her, though the spear connects before this. On the way back, the spinning pegasus deals rapid, light hits to any enemy in it's way. The pegasus flies back into the background before it lands though, and Sheeda hops back onto the ground.

Up+B - Speedwing: Saw this coming, I bet. Sheeda leaps on her pegasus and flies around the stage. It sounds like Pit's Up+B, but it controls a bit differently. The pegasus can't fly directly upwards, but if you press B while doing this, it will do a mid-air loop (Like Meta-Knight's Up+B), then return to the background, while Sheeda jumps diagonally-upwards off of it's flank as it retreats.

Also she has a move-specific attack. By pressing A, the pegasus flaps mightily, causing a stong wind to blow straight down, and Sheeda hops off and falls to the ground. The gust of wind can knock characters over if they're standing right below Sheeda, and sends them into a fastfall if they're in the air below her.

Down+B - Counter: I think it's appropriate for every Fire Emblem character to have this ability, personally. We know Marth's is quick, and Ike's is slower but stronger, so...being that Sheeda would be even faster (and weaker) than Marth, hers is almost lag-free, but there's no damage multiplier on it (in other words, a countered move that deals 5% will deal 5% back).

This is also the only special Sheeda has that doesn't involve her pegasus.

Final Smash - Triangle Attack: Sheeda mounts her pegasus and flies straight up. If she connects with an enemy, Paoru and Katua fly in, and the three strike the targeted enemy in sequence, Sheeda going last, which ends with a good 40 or 50% damage and significant upwards knockback. Also, while the attack is going on, the Pegasus Knights will damage other enemies if they come into contact with them, which is likely, as they make wise, arcing loops as they move.

(10credits to whoever threw out the idea to have a mounted FE character's mount hang out in the background. I don't recall the name, but I know it wasn't me, and I know it was quite a few pages back.)

Agi

Smash Lord
As for the OTHER 4th gen brawl "official" pages, the guy who posted them has been officially banned. (BTW check out his other posts if you get the chance, pure rofls)

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Listen! Do some of you guys accually think that characters like Geno or Cloud will appear in Smashl? listen i unlocked alot of content in the Smash series and all i see is Nintendo nostialgic characters and stages! theres no way Master Cheif would appear even if there was a CANCELLED Halo DS! still in Smash 4 , i expect all the popular characters from Brawl come back with a batch of new ones, featuring guys like K.Rool or Bowser Jr. , the only Third party character that might appear is Mega Man(not the X or deformed version...THE ORIGINAL!)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
To add to whoever knows that Master Chief will never be in brawl. Another reason (probably mentioned before) is Nintendo and Microsoft arent really 'compadres" there more like rivals.
the only ones who I think will make it are Mega Man, maybe Bomberman, K. Rool, Bowser Jr., maybe Waluigi, and maybe Funky Kong

Agi

Smash Lord
To add to whoever knows that Master Chief will never be in brawl. Another reason (probably mentioned before) is Nintendo and Microsoft arent really 'compadres" there more like rivals.
That's the point that I made when saying that Banjo-Kazooie won't be in.. why did RARE have to leave...

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Because, I'm guessing that RARE wasn't as popular as other Nintendo franchises, so it was just business.By the way, how's Banjo doing with Microsoft?

Spire

III
BRoomer
The debate over Fire Emblem characters needs to end. They'll probably get ONE more rep, but the series really isn't all that deserving in comparison to many of the other represented series in Smash Bros.

Third party characters were not a favorite of Sakurai, and I completely support that, despite my longing for a couple third party appearances. I - and I hope all of you - would rather have more NINTENDO characters appear in Smash Bros. rather than non-Nintendo characters, disregarding their closeness. Odds are, Snake and Sonic will stay for SSB4, but you just really never know. Maybe they'll "be in production", but end up getting cut, just like Mewtwo and the others were.

Geno is a lost cause, and despite his cult following, he will never make it in the game. This community is only a very, very small portion of the Smash fans worldwide, and only a few of you even want Geno anymore. He was considered, yes, but the devs did not include him for good reasons. I'd rather have R.O.B. than Geno, Megaman, and many, many other characters, as he is a Nintendo character (not just an accessory anymore) and historically, has been far more important than the majority of characters already in Smash Bros.

Characters will be cut from Brawl's roster for SSB4, that's just how life works; you have to make sacrifices for the better. The only characters I see with the potential to be changed/cut are:
  • Toon Link - this Link may dwindle in appearances in Zelda, and may be replaced by another Link, and given that Young Link was changed into Toon Link, I'd say that he has a (3/5) chance of being removed.
  • Pit - is a newly rectified retro character with a decent following who sparked some spontaneous amazement upon announcement, but still contends as one of "those characters"; (1/5) chance of removal.
  • Ice Climbers - have been in for two games now, and have garnered quite a fan base, but are hated by others; (1/5) chance of removal.
  • R.O.B. - since announcement, has been extremely debated as whether or not he "deserves" a roster spot, and because he was a "WTF" character whose only importance was tied with SSE, he probably has a (3/5) chance of removal.
  • Pokemon Trainer - despite hosting the three original starter families, more Pokemon have been created since, and probably will be created between now and SSB4, so a removal is probably unlikely, but a change in character is almost inevitably a (4/5).
  • Lucario - like Mewtwo before him, he will probably be cut for a replacement with a similar build (4/5).
  • Jigglypuff - has appeared in all three Smash Bros. games, but because she's a Pokemon, and that series being very elastic when it comes to character selection, along with the following of Jigglypuff haters, she has a small chance of finally being cut at (2/5).
  • Mr. Game & Watch - despite being 99% sure that he would be cut from Melee, he survived, which has buckled him in a bit tighter; he may stand to see another Smash Bros appearance with a (2/5) chance of being cut.
  • Snake - despite having a huge following and being a commercial magnet, he is a guest character, and guest characters usually stand for one game only, and with his removal from the Metal Gear series, he unfortunately has a (4/5) chance of being cut.
  • Sonic - rivals Nintendo's own franchises in popularity on their consoles and fits very well with the Smash Bros roster, but again, he is a guest character, so I feel that he has a (3/5) chance of being cut.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
The debate over Fire Emblem characters needs to end. They'll probably get ONE more rep, but the series really isn't all that deserving in comparison to many of the other represented series in Smash Bros.

Third party characters were not a favorite of Sakurai, and I completely support that, despite my longing for a couple third party appearances. I - and I hope all of you - would rather have more NINTENDO characters appear in Smash Bros. rather than non-Nintendo characters, disregarding their closeness. Odds are, Snake and Sonic will stay for SSB4, but you just really never know. Maybe they'll "be in production", but end up getting cut, just like Mewtwo and the others were.

Geno is a lost cause, and despite his cult following, he will never make it in the game. This community is only a very, very small portion of the Smash fans worldwide, and only a few of you even want Geno anymore. He was considered, yes, but the devs did not include him for good reasons. I'd rather have R.O.B. than Geno, Megaman, and many, many other characters, as he is a Nintendo character (not just an accessory anymore) and historically, has been far more important than the majority of characters already in Smash Bros.

Characters will be cut from Brawl's roster for SSB4, that's just how life works; you have to make sacrifices for the better. The only characters I see with the potential to be changed/cut are:
  • Toon Link - this Link may dwindle in appearances in Zelda, and may be replaced by another Link, and given that Young Link was changed into Toon Link, I'd say that he has a (3/5) chance of being removed.
  • Pit - is a newly rectified retro character with a decent following who sparked some spontaneous amazement upon announcement, but still contends as one of "those characters"; (1/5) chance of removal.
  • Ice Climbers - have been in for two games now, and have garnered quite a fan base, but are hated by others; (1/5) chance of removal.
  • R.O.B. - since announcement, has been extremely debated as whether or not he "deserves" a roster spot, and because he was a "WTF" character whose only importance was tied with SSE, he probably has a (3/5) chance of removal.
  • Pokemon Trainer - despite hosting the three original starter families, more Pokemon have been created since, and probably will be created between now and SSB4, so a removal is probably unlikely, but a change in character is almost inevitably a (4/5).
  • Lucario - like Mewtwo before him, he will probably be cut for a replacement with a similar build (4/5).
  • Jigglypuff - has appeared in all three Smash Bros. games, but because she's a Pokemon, and that series being very elastic when it comes to character selection, along with the following of Jigglypuff haters, she has a small chance of finally being cut at (2/5).
  • Mr. Game & Watch - despite being 99% sure that he would be cut from Melee, he survived, which has buckled him in a bit tighter; he may stand to see another Smash Bros appearance with a (2/5) chance of being cut.
  • Snake - despite having a huge following and being a commercial magnet, he is a guest character, and guest characters usually stand for one game only, and with his removal from the Metal Gear series, he unfortunately has a (4/5) chance of being cut.
  • Sonic - rivals Nintendo's own franchises in popularity on their consoles and fits very well with the Smash Bros roster, but again, he is a guest character, so I feel that he has a (3/5) chance of being cut.
That was an insightful post, but, I think the only character that will leave is PT, but get new pokemon, so it's techniqualy not a change, since PT is the offical character for those 4.

skrach8

Smash Lord
you know what would be nice, i dont know.......... L canceling, they should make it guilty gear style. super technical. thats all i ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom