• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, you guys think that SSB4 might have 35-45 characters? That would require removing old characters to make room for new characters. (insert my overused "remove Jigglypuff for Meowth!" suggestion here :p). But of course, many people believe that no character should ever be removed from a Smash game. Why? Because they claim that each character have fans and they would be disappointed if their favorite character was removed. (insert one of Smashchu's "hurts sales" arguments here). So, whatever Nintendo decides with the roster, I know that there will be complaining about it just like when Melee's and Brawl's final rosters were revealed.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here's some food for thought. For MvC3, only 16/17 out of 56 characters from MvC2 returned. 21/22 characters were newcomers, accounting for over half the roster. The reason I have the slashes in because Jill was in both games, but play as practically different characters. Now, some will tell you that certain characters were similar to each other in MvC2 (such as Ryu and Cyclops and Ken by extension).

It would be very difficult to apply this to Smash because most of the characters are rather diverse. The only ones you could potentially remove from the roster are Lucas, Wolf, and Toon Link, yet each of these three can easily get the Jill treatment (like we all hope for Ganondorf) and Diddy can get that with Dixie. If I had to add 10 more characters to make it meet 45 characters (not counting PT and Zamus), I'd add in:

Mewtwo - A popular character and his teleport game could be buffed to make him a mind game character.
Roy - Getting the Jill treatment so all three swordsman cannot be played the same.
Muddy Mole - Going off of my idea, you got yourself an interesting trap character.
Isaac/Matthew - Going by the coversation we had the other day, he could be an interesting character to play as.
Krystal - Highly requested and can bring in a versatile character with her staff magic, possibly playing like C.Viper.
Toad - Potentially another good mixup character. I can see him being Fuerte-esque.
Ridley - Most requested character and can be the Sentinel (size-wise at least) for Smash.
Tom Nook - Not quite sure for playstyle.
K. Rool - Why not?
Capt. Syrup - I like her. Not sure what her playstyle would be.

I can't see much of anything unique for Saki/Isa, but I have yet to play S+P2.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i like capt. syrup too. people see her and don't see potential, it's weird. the smash team got capt. falcon and saw potential, right? people are such close-minded, i swear.

also, i wouldn't mind if jiggs, ness, wolf, toon link, lucario, Mr. G&W, ROB, Snake, Sonic, or PT get boot from the next installment.

don't be hatin' but most traditional fighters (
i know, smash ain't no traditional fighter, shuddap!
) have characters taken out in next installments. don't hate on me for thinking of booting snake an' sonic (
or ness or jigglypuff for that matter
) in my mind, i have my reasons, i had stated them before, i stand my ground.
(i don't hate them, i just.... gah! you will never understand, fanboy! you keep clutching that lucario doll and you will never grow up
)

i don't care if sales drop for the disinclusion of jigglypuff, and i don't care that you know that sales will drop (
hypothetically, of course. No one here is psychic, not even you, chrono. ... nor do you have time powers; lol at the chrono part of your name.
) sales would or could rise with it's advertisements, i feel newcomers trump players who only play smash so they can only play as jigglypuff or the feeling that jigglypuff is in the game (
im playing as samurai goroh but im going to keep on fighting and winning for the sake that i will one day return to playing as my old favorite from yesteryear, Jigglypuff! thank the goddess they kept her in! nostalgia time!! seriously? this was written as a serious comedic approach to one person who says he won't get another smash unless they bring back the jiggs; figuratively speaking, of course.
).

i find no problem in letting go of my best friend hanging from a ledge far away in order to have enough time to rescue a plane from crashing into a research facility with rabbits and scientists about to be engulfed in fire from the jet fuel. am i an evil person? U MAD? Problem?

well i hope people got a chuckle or two out of this post.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
also, i wouldn't mind if jiggs, ness, wolf, toon link, lucario, Mr. G&W, ROB, Snake, Sonic, or PT get boot from the next installment.
You're forgetting there are people who actually would care if they got boot. And you did not mention the reason why would they get boot (at least in the last post)

That's Nintendo's problem: everybody wants to keep their favorite characters

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I think that if a Smash got on the 3DS it wouldn't be THE Smash 4. It would be the fourth SSB to be developed, but not SSB4. I'm not implying that it would be a port either. I think it would be a "bonus" installment like Metroid Prime Hunters is. Did people believe that Hunters was Metroid Prime 3 because it was Retro's third MP game?

I think that a SSB 3DS would definitely feature handheld aspects. Most of Brawl's fighters have handheld games, so there might not be much to worry about who'll appear. Since Mario will definitely be in, that installment would probably pay his handheld games the most attention. I think that will apply to all the playable characters.

Anyway, I have a question for people who like the Diddy-Dixie tagteam idea: Isn't it also possible for a DK-Diddy combination, especially since that idea was in DKC Returns? Wouldn't it be better for the Kongs to be separate in Smash?

UberMario

Smash Master
Anyway, I have a question for people who like the Diddy-Dixie tagteam idea: Isn't it also possible for a DK-Diddy combination, especially since that idea was in DKC Returns? Wouldn't it be better for the Kongs to be separate in Smash?
Diddy and Dixie play more similarly, and Donkey Kong has been solo since the first Smash, so I'd say that it's unlikely.

IMO, I think that Diddy will still end up being by himself in the next game (except that they should replace his down B move with something OTHER THAN AN ITEM YOU CAN ALREADY OBTAIN. :mad:), and the most likely combination with Dixie would be with Kiddy, if there is one at all.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i'd rather not say/repeat my reasons for those characters getting boot... i have something for you...
without saying that so and so would not be returning for the reason of this one person (
augustoflores
) cares not for them(
even though i did not say i didn't care for them... i said i wouldn't mind if they left, there is a difference
), they shouldn't return, i want you to think of a viable reason for the selected characters to not return in smash 4.

(keep in mind that they are still able to return in smash 5, never forget the powers of being in the series' roster)

you are forced to remove these characters for a reason not just because, understand? now go forth. (
don't you dare criticize my statement and just play along, if you want to slash back at me, do it after you have played and under spoiler shadows like this one.
)

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
augustoflores, your posts are uber-hard to understand for someone who is not native English. You may want to work on it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Let's not get too hyped for SSB4. I don't want everyone to get overhyped, only to get butthurt and disappointed when they don't like how SSB4 ended up. Remember Melee and Brawl?

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Let's not get too hyped for SSB4. I don't want everyone to get overhyped, only to get butthurt and disappointed when they don't like how SSB4 ended up. Remember Melee and Brawl?
People cried about Melee? Really? I was perfectly fine when it came out. Of course I was still learning my multiplication tables then. I think Brawl was a larger let down. I mean it had to be.

We didn't get:
Five Slot Mario, LoZ, Pokemon
A good adventure mode
Combo friendly Gamplay
R.O.B.
Sonic (I wanted Sonic, BAD, but I really dislike how he ended up. That's why I would just rather him and Snake hit the road and bring in Square Enix and Namco/Capcom/Hudson Soft.)

It's okay to have "High Hopes" just don't expect your "dream inclusion" to be added because, chances are, it won't happen. We will never see shy Guy in brawl, no one wants costumes for everyone, and SSE2 should never happen.

As for the Dixie/Diddy/DK love triangle, I say keep the partnership within it's own species. Dixie and Diddy would be a better combo. Donkey and Diddy weren't planned to be together as far as we know, and Diddy and Dixie were. I probably wouldn't hate diddy so much if he had a Dixie counterpart.

Lastly, is it true that Pra_Mai is the random box, not the Plusle Minun tem up? Either way, they had a decent fan base before, and got a lot of hype even when they were mixed up with a random box.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Let's not get too ahead of ourselves Anth0ny. Something like this feels too good to be true, and more often than not, it really is. Not that I would mind of course, but still...better safe than sorry.
Considering a year ago we began hearing rumblings of the 3DS prior to E3, I am confident these rumors are not unsubstantiated. Now, how many of the details are going to be correct is a different matter all together. There are too many signs pointing to a new console that denying it at this point is illogical.

I think Chronobound will be drafting a new essay a couple of months from now. lol

Although I do wonder, now that Sakurai is wrapping up with Kid Icarus, how soon could development of a new Smash Bros begin? Surely, SURELY Nintendo is going to want another sequel developed as soon as possible for the Wii successor. And the past two installments have been "launch window" titles (note that Brawl suffered from delays pushing it out of the intended timeframe). So given the past trend I am curious how that will carry over to Super Wii?

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.
Considering a year ago we began hearing rumblings of the 3DS prior to E3, I am confident these rumors are not unsubstantiated. Now, how many of the details are going to be correct is a different matter all together. There are too many signs pointing to a new console that denying it at this point is illogical.
It's not that I don't expect a new console, but when you get rumors like this, it's better to wait and see what happens than get hyped with a chance of disappointment.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

I think Chronobound will be drafting a new essay a couple of months from now. lol

Although I do wonder, now that Sakurai is wrapping up with Kid Icarus, how soon could development of a new Smash Bros begin? Surely, SURELY Nintendo is going to want another sequel developed as soon as possible for the Wii successor. And the past two installments have been "launch window" titles (note that Brawl suffered from delays pushing it out of the intended timeframe). So given the past trend I am curious how that will carry over to Super Wii?
I am thinking now that Nintendo's next home console will indeed show up at this year's E3. However, right now I am not going to believe any of the rumors about it (myself and many others learned this in the long run-up for the Wii), however, the rumor that it will release in late 2012 sounds believable and is in line with what I originally predicted. However, I will say that I did not expect for Nintendo to show off their next console at this year's E3.

Sakurai has said that he really wants to work on a HD console. Perhaps Iwata will now give him his chance.

Iwata: Good news, I am going to have your next project be a big budget HD title....
Sakurai: :)
Iwata: Its goings to be Smash Bros.
Sakurai: :(

Anyway, as to when development on Smash 4 is likely to begin. I think Iwata will likely pressure Sakurai to begin development as soon as his work is done on Kid Icarus Uprising (maybe even prior to it heading to market). Heck, there is the possibility that Iwata has relieved Sakurai from working on Uprising in order to get a teaser trailer for Smash 4 ready at this year's E3, though I consider it very unlikely.

I do very much expect that Smash 4 will be unveiled at next year's E3 (E3 2012). Its funny to think that we are now roughly a year away from seeing the next Smash Bros. I am quite excited. It looks like things will soon be like they were from 2006 to 2007, for better and worse. I am very interested to see what Nintendo has planned for their next home console.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
well, at least you've still got that enthusiasm. and gotta love them emoticons for depicting accuracy
i'd say smash four is more likely a 2014 release based on other factors that we can't comprehend... patterns are patterns, but they aren't concrete evidence, only coincidence no matter how accurate... it's like the number 23, if you are looking for it, you will find it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am thinking now that Nintendo's next home console will indeed show up at this year's E3. However, right now I am not going to believe any of the rumors about it (myself and many others learned this in the long run-up for the Wii), however, the rumor that it will release in late 2012 sounds believable and is in line with what I originally predicted. However, I will say that I did not expect for Nintendo to show off their next console at this year's E3.

Sakurai has said that he really wants to work on a HD console. Perhaps Iwata will now give him his chance.

Iwata: Good news, I am going to have your next project be a big budget HD title....
Sakurai: :)
Iwata: Its goings to be Smash Bros.
Sakurai: :(

Anyway, as to when development on Smash 4 is likely to begin. I think Iwata will likely pressure Sakurai to begin development as soon as his work is done on Kid Icarus Uprising (maybe even prior to it heading to market). Heck, there is the possibility that Iwata has relieved Sakurai from working on Uprising in order to get a teaser trailer for Smash 4 ready at this year's E3, though I consider it very unlikely.

I do very much expect that Smash 4 will be unveiled at next year's E3 (E3 2012). Its funny to think that we are now roughly a year away from seeing the next Smash Bros. I am quite excited. It looks like things will soon be like they were from 2006 to 2007, for better and worse. I am very interested to see what Nintendo has planned for their next home console.
I expect when Nintendo unveils their new console the situation will be the same when the 3DS was shown. One game trailer, a few screenshots for others, and a massive list of games from both Nintendo and third parties of titles in development. Chances are if we DO hear about a Smash Bros. 4, it will more than likely fall into the "list" category. With the first trailer, speculatively of course, being shown at Nintendo's next Fall/Spring conference.

I still want Megaman. I want to be able to fight to Galaxy Fantasy legitimately without hacking or cables! But now with Inafune gone from Capcom (who was supportive of Megaman being in a future installment) I don't know what to believe. ;_;

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
why'd you link to the original 8 bit song? you know galaxy fantasy would be a better demonstration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne-c1Ynre70

also, if any megaman makes it in, i wish for the music range to supersede the chosen character's own series. for instance, lets say they choose classic, megaman... i want to be able to hear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmP6cwHEOMs or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzNXvWVTdls...

unfortunately, that won't be the case, right? there's way too much goodness in one franchise, hell i love this song from zx http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNCqVeiKeos&fmt=18 or this from zxa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXgEfV9SPJg&fmt=18 but classic series won't be sharing the music light will it? (i mean, if it was chosen)

HotWings

Smash Ace
I think it would be cool if they made it kinda like MvC and made it to where you can pick 3 characters and switch inbetween them.. this gives people a chance to show off more characters that they have practiced with than just 1.

Its just a thought and needs improving but.. i think it could work ;)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That would probably change the game WAY too much. One example I've suggested before is to do a King of Fighters kind of thing as an alternate mode.

HotWings

Smash Ace
ok there you go.. that would work. Instead of there being 3 lives there could be 3 characters.. instead of being able to have like 1-99 stocks there would only be allowed 3 characters. I really hope they can put this in the game.. it would be awesome :)

UberMario

Smash Master
We didn't get:
Five Slot Mario, LoZ, Pokemon
LoZ really doesn't have enough characters to deserve 4 slots, especially since it consists of 2 clones, to boot. Dr. Mario's outting was a let down, but at least he was a clone. there are technically 6 different pokemon playable in Brawl, so I'm not sure what your point is on that.
A good adventure mode
LOL. The Subspace Emissary was long enough to be sellable game by itself.
Combo friendly Gamplay
Depends on how you define "combo".
R.O.B.
What? He's in the game.
Sonic (I wanted Sonic, BAD, but I really dislike how he ended up. That's why I would just rather him and Snake hit the road and bring in Square Enix and Namco/Capcom/Hudson Soft.)
Sonic uses the most canonial moves of any Smash character, period. >_>
See the above.

UberMario

Smash Master
SSE was overhyped crap. The plot made no sense. For a fighting game, it's plot is really bad, and that's saying something.
As opposed to Melee's, which had no plot whatsoever and never explained why there was a Giant Kirby or why Brinstar was exploding?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
As opposed to Melee's, which had no plot whatsoever and never explained why there was a Giant Kirby or why Brinstar was exploding?
You don't really need a plot for a game like Smash. The game consists of characters from different series so no story is required.

If you're going to do a plot, don't make it mimetic. The problems with SSE, plot wise, was that there was no form of verbal communication and all the villains, especially Tabuu, come out of nowhere with no explanation or real motive.

UberMario

Smash Master
Well, at least it didn't make anything up. :bee:
Giga Bowser? lol

You don't really need a plot for a game like Smash. The game consists of characters from different series so no story is required.
Well, when you have a portion of a game that is nearly 40 hours of platforming by itself, wouldn't it be incredibly boring if there was no given reason? (to a degree?)

If you're going to do a plot, don't make it mimetic. The problems with SSE, plot wise, was that there was no form of verbal communication and all the villains, especially Tabuu, come out of nowhere with no explanation or real motive.
I agree that there were a lot of spontaneous "subplots", but people would complain if they had full voicing just as much.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Assuming you're referring to Mario games, Mario games have always had a basic plot: Travel through different worlds to save Peach. It added an optional backstory for Rosalina in SMG1, but that's about as indepth of a plot main Mario games have been and people are fine for the most part.

If you're referring to Smash, remember that Smash is a fanservice game. Sometimes, you just gotta let things be, especially if the game doesn't take itself too seriously. Don't worry about why this is this or whatever, just use the MST3K mantra. If you were to make Adventure Mode like Melee's where it was you traveling through different worlds for fun, but expanded it into something like the Nintendo World Tour, I doubt many would complain.

People wouldn't totally complain about full voice acting. Sure, there are some characters that shouldn't talk, Link being the main example, but people are so paranoid about Nintendo's skills in directing voice actors that there are many that are against anyone talking.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Well, when you have a portion of a game that is nearly 40 hours of platforming by itself, wouldn't it be incredibly boring if there was no given reason? (to a degree?)
If you want a reason (a very basic reason), then sure. Most people would call that a scenario: save the ____, stop the ____ from invading, find the ____, etc. No need for depth or twists or anything.

Any actual attempt at a plot is going to end up crap. Big crossovers are horribly suited for that, Sakurai isn't a writer, and no sensible person wants it here to begin with.

UberMario

Smash Master
If you want a reason (a very basic reason), then sure. Most people would call that a scenario: save the ____, stop the ____ from invading, find the ____, etc. No need for depth or twists or anything.

Any actual attempt at a plot is going to end up crap. Big crossovers are horribly suited for that, Sakurai isn't a writer, and no sensible person wants it here to begin with.
I didn't say that it had to have a deep plot, but it shouldn't have nothing, either.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How about this:

Master Hand and Crazy Hand have melded all the worlds together to determine who is the strongest person in all of the universes. The hands organize a tournament and everyone who is forcefully entered into the tournament must fight or be turned into a sentient trophy for their collection.

Nothing too big, just enough to set things up.

UberMario

Smash Master
How about this:

Master Hand and Crazy Hand have melded all the worlds together to determine who is the strongest person in all of the universes. The hands organize a tournament and everyone who is forcefully entered into the tournament must fight or be turned into a sentient trophy for their collection.

Nothing too big, just enough to set things up.
That would work, how would it explain the stage treking though?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My reasons err whatever:

Loz could have had someone like Tingle. He has his own game. The clone Tlink is another complaint in itself. He has tons of unique possabilities and we saw nothing. It's a slap in the face to PHG/WW/ST.

Pokemon: Well, you got me there. still, I hate having to get good with Charizard(My favorite PKMN Trainer Pokemon) as well as Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Mario: Wario could have sufficed if he was more like Wario's Woods. But he isn't. He's his own character now.

The R.O.B. thing was me not liking him in. Personal preference merely.

SubSpace sucks. It gets you almost every character without any real effort. No crazy 900 multiplayer macthes were ever neccisary, which is a dissapointment. A more advanced and slightly personalized Melee-esk adventure mode would do good. . . .. SCIII

This is my definition of Combo

I have no idea what "canon" even means. Sooo. . . :D

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That would work, how would it explain the stage treking though?

Even then, just go along with it. This isn't a Final Fantasy plot.

@Shortie
While I admit that SSE took the fun out of unlocking the characters, I don't think we need crazy requirements like the 900 matches one. I like what MvC3 did which had you accumulate what are basically exp. points that you get from doing different things in the game. I'm not saying the game has to do that though. I would like to see more alternate unlocking methods like winning a certain amount of online matches lets you do the challenger fight every hidden character has.

Those combos were crazy, but most of them were downright impractical. For a while, I've thought about what to do with DI in the next game. I'd like to see it where it only applies for certain attacks. Essentially, these attacks would act as resets. Your opponent has a three way guess to apply DI. You guess right, you continue the combo.

Canon basically means "This happened." in this context. So, a Zelda comic would be noncanon has it does not occur in the main Zelda universe.

UberMario

Smash Master
He has his own game. The clone Tlink is another complaint in itself. He has tons of unique possabilities and we saw nothing. It's a slap in the face to PHG/WW/ST.
Personally, I think it was more of a slap that Melee introduced Ganondorf with Captain Falcon's moveset, but I do agree that Toon Link [and Young Link] have a lot of de-cloning potential.

Mario: Wario could have sufficed if he was more like Wario's Woods. But he isn't. He's his own character now.
Most of his moves are from the Wario Land series, which was directly branched off the Mario series and started earlier than Wario's Woods' release date. For all purposes, he got his moveset from a Mario game series.

I have no idea what "canon" even means. Sooo. . . :D
As in all of his moves originate from the series he came in, unlike, say, Mario.

By the way, that Kirby video was tool-assisted. Here's an example of a Brawl tool-assisted video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R20QCzx3EpU

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Even if it was tool-assisted you still get the just of what I'm trying to point out. I can do a pretty combo in-game against my friends with Melee and even more so in 64.

As for the whole Unlockability thing, I love the idea of insane amount of playing being the only way to unlock a character, it makes the spoils all the sweeter. (Unless the spoils were something disappointing like a clone) MvC2 for the PS2 made you play an sinful amount of Arcade mode to unlock every character. (Not even counting the costumes) But, that's just me. I like the annoyance. It's the S&M of Smash bros ;P I'm also game for something like to unlock ****** you can either: Play match 37 on challenge mode, play for 10 hours, or win 350 brawls. What I do NOT want to see is to unlock ****: Play SSE2 for two seconds, or play 45 Brawls, OR 10 brawl's at this level. -.-"

Basically, I want a game that needs a lot of time invested to finish it. Melee had this. While I wouldn't be happy to have a Melee clone, I would like some of the aspects of Melee back besides the harder-to-unlock characters.

-Lottery. You earn coins, and you see what happens. X% chance at getting a new trophy. OR a totally new way to obtain trophies, just not Coin Launcher.

-I loved the trophies in Melee because you got to see "Insert character" in a new light. Before Melee we had never seen Pit, Daisy, Wario, Meta Knight, Misty, Bulbasaur ect. so detailed. It was cool to see them look brand new. Brawl came out pretty late and all the character trophies looked like copy and pastes from older games

-Adventure Mode: I've heard that SSE took up 80% of Brawl's production time. If this IS true, then I officially hate SSE. It took away from any sort of time to perfect brawl. If they would have just spent 25% of their time on a SCIII type adventure everyone would be all the happier because Brawl might not leave such a bitter taste in your mouth after playing it.

I know I sound like I HATE Brawl, but it's not true. I just am pretty disappointed with what we got. The Good outwheighs the Bad IMO.

And whoever decided Ganondorf should have a moveset cloned from a NASCAR driver on crack is a dork.

Final Fantasy
Don't tempt me. . . I've been in a Geno mood lately and I could rant at anymoment.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Thank you, UberMario and Shortiecanbrawl for your DK/Diddy/Dixie input. I like the idea of them being separate characters, but its cool to get some different perspectives.

Anyway, shortie, about unlocking characters in Brawl: I remember reading on the Dojo that Sakurai intended for them to be easily obtained. He said that with the prominence of the internet, it would be hard for any of the fighters to be a surprise, so if you wanted them quickly play Subspace. I guess he knew how spoiled the roster was and would be, and decided to basically give them to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom