• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Sprite Critique Topic

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
people say that because it looks like you just took a part of one sprite, and pasted it onto another, those are decent, but they are cut and paste

did 3 sprites, tried to move away from cut and paste

this i edited the edges to look like shaymin (is that how you spell it/call it)

this i think is the best, but came out a bit strange, had to add lots to the tail, and edit the bodies to fit each other

this is a random sprite i found when uploadng, its REALLY old, but i felt like uploading it
THAT!

how do you do that!

how do you make it not look like you just take one part and slap it on?

lordunicorn3

Smash Journeyman
This totally wowed me. Blending the bodies like that must've been hard, and you didn't even just shove them together. That looks natural. The only thing bugging me about it is that there's some brownish-color on its belly, which I'd change to just a darker shade of green. If you want to make a brown belly, you should make it clearly defined, if it's blended like that it either looks like the sprite is dirty or like you messed up recoloring.

But seriously, this is amazing.
thanks for that, ya i was in a bit of a rush just finishing up and recoloring the body, so i choose the wrong color, ill fix that though
thanks

oh, and hyper, you have to mess around with the edges, add little bits onto things, erase other parts, i use gimp for layers also, they can help a lot

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Wow. Didn't think this thead was around anymore.
I posted this in the group, but I'll post it here for those who aren't in the group.
Haven't made a sprite in quite a while.... and I had a bit of a "HOW COOL IS BLASTOISE!" phase.
Anyway here it is:

Someone called it Blascanine so yeah... whatever.

lordunicorn3

Smash Journeyman
that is very nice, looks a little bit strange though, cant place it on anything, but just looks a little strange

zrky

Smash Lol'd
wow, green, that looks very nice. It looks like blastoise decided to evolve and wear a fur coat:laugh:

Mewter

Smash Master
Hey guys, what are your opinions on this?

It's a scratched rayquaza/milotic/gyrados. What do you think?
Also, I like the walrein/torterra. Awesome.:bigthumbu

lordunicorn3

Smash Journeyman

thanks for that, i saw this, was like, wtf is that, then looked, and realized what it was, and that it was scratched, and was like, whoah nice
very good

Wrath`

Smash Master

I remeber requesting this once, but never got it, you have made my day Mewter, good job on it.

M.K

Level 55
Anyone who visits this thread, please, please, please check out the Spriting Tournament. We need some more competitors!

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Hooray for bumping!

So...I've been having this urge ever since I found this subforum to try my hand at spriting, but I didn't know of any paint programs that'd be good for such a thing on a Mac. After a couple of days though (don't ask why it took so long...I kept on searching in the wrong places, I guess -.-), I finally found one that I could use. :D And after a few hours of trying to figure out how to use everything on it and dealing with multiple issues (such as a shading issue I was having...everything kept on greying out a bit or changing to a different tint after I'd do certain things), I FINALLY finished my first ever sprite. A hypno/machamp combination that I call hypnochamp. Thanks in advance for all criticisms. :D

I have two forms of it because after seeing the addition I made to the second, I couldn't decide if it was something that I liked or hated, or if there was some editing I could do to the addition to make it fit in better. So I thought I'd ask your opinions on it. :p

Hypnochamp (w/o mouth)

Hypnochamp (w/ mouth)

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Hooray for bumping!

So...I've been having this urge ever since I found this subforum to try my hand at spriting, but I didn't know of any paint programs that'd be good for such a thing on a Mac. After a couple of days though (don't ask why it took so long...I kept on searching in the wrong places, I guess -.-), I finally found one that I could use. :D And after a few hours of trying to figure out how to use everything on it and dealing with multiple issues (such as a shading issue I was having...everything kept on greying out a bit or changing to a different tint after I'd do certain things), I FINALLY finished my first ever sprite. A hypno/machamp combination that I call hypnochamp. Thanks in advance for all criticisms. :D

I have two forms of it because after seeing the addition I made to the second, I couldn't decide if it was something that I liked or hated, or if there was some editing I could do to the addition to make it fit in better. So I thought I'd ask your opinions on it. :p

Hypnochamp (w/o mouth)

Hypnochamp (w/ mouth)
that one's really nice! Psychic/fighting fusion is really interesting.

here's some I've made.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
The Swalot/Parasect one has a little cavity in the 'shroom. Scratch it in. The rest are really nice and simple, I like them.

Here's a few I made a while ago...pretty simple, but whatever.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Ha, that's an interesting fusion. If you fixed the outline a little, made the area where the little red bulb thing meets its eyes neater, and blended the tentacles more, it'd be awesome.

I saw a request for a fusion of the Budew/Shinx evolution chain and thought I would try it, this is in no way shape or form an attempt to take the CPS' requests, so I'll just put one sprite up.

Luxerade

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
The Swalot/Parasect one has a little cavity in the 'shroom. Scratch it in. The rest are really nice and simple, I like them.

Here's a few I made a while ago...pretty simple, but whatever.

I've never really been here before, and doubt I could ever make one of these lol but I really liked the Suicentai, it's great.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Hooray for bumping!

Hypnochamp (w/o mouth)

Hypnochamp (w/ mouth)

The one without the mouth seems fair. Machamp's mouth on Hypno's head seems awkward.

"Manatom"
CnC?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
The one without the mouth seems fair. Machamp's mouth on Hypno's head seems awkward.

"Manatom"
CnC?
very simple, but I love it:) It looks so cute. Only thing i would change on this is get rid of the 'spike' at the end of the tail-like thing on manaphy's head.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
very simple, but I love it:) It looks so cute. Only thing i would change on this is get rid of the 'spike' at the end of the tail-like thing on manaphy's head.
:3

Yeah, I tried making the spike like the one on top of Rotom's head, but now that I look at it, it does look pretty weird. Thanks for teh criticism.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Truhfully, I think the spike is a nice touch.

Mewter

Smash Master
Truhfully, I think the spike is a nice touch.
No! It's terrible! :mad:
Just kidding. But really, maybe you could move it to the top of Manaphy's head to the right instead of making it come from the tip of the antennae(think Rhydon)

Top Bottom